Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! (884 Views)

Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / NLC Protesters Storm Lagos Secretariat In Alausa / Mad Man At Lagos State Secretariat Alausa Demanding To See Ambode(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by victorjam(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
So Lagos state government decided to enforce the law that prohibits hawking just because of one ugly incident? Madness!! Our government have gone mad again! Why is there a law against street hawking and no law against street 'thuggery'? why is there a law against humility and no law against violence? What are Agberros doing in our streets, in our roads and now in Alausa? What is the economic relevance of Agberros? Madmen everywhere! I came here to rant because madmen drive one nuts! Mr. Ambode, you cannot, shall not, will not, must not and 'never not' use one incident to extort money from humble, hungry and hardworking Lagosians. If you want to ban anything, ban thuggery, violence and laziness as epitomised by our 'green and white brothers'. this is not zoogeria, not a banana republic but Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Sorry For The money that incident will cost your government but i believe street hawkers pay tax too, so technically it is not your money!!!

1 Like

Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by tsamson(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
cool
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by victorjam(m): 11:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
cc: tonyebarcanista pls write abt dis. you wil get a beta audience. justice must prevail
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by idupaul: 12:58am On Jul 02, 2016
But Street trading had been illegal since time immemorial in Lagos state while the constitution recognizes the NURTW
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by scribble: 1:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Hawkers need to get off the damn road

Armed robbers masquerade as hawkers to rob motorists

No hawkers, no masquerading marauders

Before u quote me

Dictionary.com

1 Like

Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by Ajibel(m): 2:06am On Jul 02, 2016
What Ambode had just done is what I had expected BRF to do but I am glad he has taken the bold steps to take hawkers off the street.

It's left to see how far they'll go with the implementation.

I'm quite interested to see if we wont witness a protest from an organised groups of hawkers in the coming weeks.

To tame the madness of Lagos, Ambode needs to wield the big stick and take bold decisions.

Everything is gradual. Soon I believe he'll go after the Agberos. Lets deal with the hawkers first.

2 Likes

Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by loopman: 4:00am On Jul 02, 2016
victorjam:
So Lagos state government decided to enforce the law that prohibits hawking just because of one ugly incident? Madness!! Our government have gone mad again! Why is there a law against street hawking and no law against street 'thuggery'? why is there a law against humility and no law against violence? What are Agberros doing in our streets, in our roads and now in Alausa? What is the economic relevance of Agberros? Madmen everywhere! I came here to rant because madmen drive one nuts! Mr. Ambode, you cannot, shall not, will not, must not and 'never not' use one incident to extort money from humble, hungry and hardworking Lagosians. If you want to ban anything, ban thuggery, violence and laziness as epitomised by our 'green and white brothers'. this is not zoogeria, not a banana republic but Federal Republic Of Nigeria. Sorry For The money that incident will cost your government but i believe street hawkers pay tax too, so technically it is not your money!!!

Nonsense
Go and hawk on lagos road and you will end up in jail for 3 months
Armed robbers masquerading as hawkers
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by chriskosherbal(m): 6:00am On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:51am On Jul 02, 2016
victorjam:
cc: tonyebarcanista pls write abt dis. you wil get a beta audience. justice must prevail
OK boss
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2016
victorjam:
I get it, so Barca is now the publicity secretary of wailers association? Jus jokin sha! Lols
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by DaBullIT(m): 7:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Just like Change can not happen overnight

Thuggery , thievery can not end overnight

As much as my muslim brothers and sisters would love the day to spin faster during this fasting month grin grin grin , It still takes 24 hours

My point is , AMB made a bold step , and hopefully there's a contingency plan for those whose livelihood depends on hawking

If there is , It's the greatest move ever and if properly followed up , Lagos could well be one of the best / cleanest / crime free / no nonsense taking MEGA CITY , but first you have to have a foresight to see and understand the future
Re: Madmen In Alausa, Ikeja! by Simeonnwabeks: 7:12am On Jul 02, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
OK boss

You will only be wasting your time cos our governor have made his decision, your epistle will mean nothing than ranting. Anyone that hate the decision of my governor should go back to his state.

(1) (Reply)

A Little Peep Into Buhari's Lopsided Appointments, As At Q1 2016 - Picture / Militants Blow Up Eni Oil Pipeline In Bayelsa / Nigerians Never Forgets: Bokoharam Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.