Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) (72559 Views)

Man Kills A Prostitute At Ejigbo Hotel In Lagos, After Sex Romp / Herbalist Dies On Top Of A Prostitute In Imo / Air Force Personnel Kill Man ‘Over Prostitute’ At A Brothel In Maiduguri (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by dre11(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2016
• How I Was Forced Into Prostitution At 13

• As HIV positive, men were still sleeping with me

By GILBERT EKEZIE

BLESSING Bassey Okon from Etop, Akwa Ibom State was an innocent girl who was forced into prostitution at the age of 13, a time she was supposed to be under the care of her parents. Her father died immediately after her birth and thereafter, her mother remarried and left her with her mother- in-law who could neither feed her well nor train her due in school.

That therefore, created a loophole and made her feel rejected. At a point, she started to seek a better parental care. Her grandmother, who was taking care of her tried her best and was hoping to get a support one day.

Coincidentally, an offer came and it was that of a professional prostitute who disguised as a businesswoman. The woman who stays in Calabar and a relation traveled home and convinced Blessing’s grandmother that she needed someone to assist in the shop where she sells rice.

According to Blessing, the young lady gave her grandmother N4000 and took her to Calabar. “When that Aunty came to my village to pick me, she deceived my grandmother that she had a big rice shop which she wanted me to manage. She gave my grandmother some money and the old woman asked me to go with her. In fact, I was very happy because I wanted to leave the village to an urban area, so I would have the opportunity to engage myself in one trade or the other, since there was no one to support me”, she stated.

Blessing also explained that on getting to Calabar, her madam, instead of taking her to the shop where she would manage, she was taken to a hotel room for prostitution. “Unfortunately, it was when we got to Calabar that I understood that what I went to do was prostitution. She showed me a room and instructed me to ensure that I deliver enough money to her otherwise I would die of hunger. I felt bad and wondered what to do. After much thought, I remembered that I had no option than to obey her directive. So grudgingly, I started the job. I wanted to report to my mother and grand mother what I was going through, but due to lack of mobile phone, I could not. While doing the job, I used to de­liver between N10, 000 and N20, 000 to my madam on daily basis. It was from the money that she feed me and pay for my room. Sad enough, I was not given any cash, even when I was the one who used my body to make the money”, she said.

As God would have it, Blessing managed to hide some money from what she made to buy a phone worth N2,000, so as to narrate her ordeal to her family members. She ended up being disappointed when she called and explained to her grandmother her condition but she encouraged her to go on. “When I reported to my grandmother that the lady she gave me to later introduced me to prostitution business, she was not bothered, rather, she advised me to try to cope, in order to survive the hard times. From her statement, I understood that it was a planned work. She even later gave me one of my sisters to join me in the business.”

Like other prostitutes, Blessing was busy hustling for customers and making some money for her madam. But one day, some policemen stormed the hotel and arrested her for being in the business as an adolescent.

According to her “I was in my room when some policemen came. When they saw me, they were surprised because of my age. So, they arrested me. the following day, my madam sent someone to bail me from the police detention. When I left the station, a woman I did not know took me to her house and was giving me food. I was really satisfied and comfortable than the place I was.

At a time, her son started abusing and beating me for eating their food, without doing anything for them. As a result, I left the place and went home to inform my mother, instead of discouraging me, she also encouraged me probably due to the bag of rice and other items I gave to her. So, when I returned, I decided to leave my madam to be on my own. Thereafter, I started going from one hotel to the other and was making some money, but could not see what I did with it.”

Though Blessing was into the busi­ness, her spirit was not there as she prayed on daily basis for God to remove her from there to a better place where she would have a rest of mind and be proud of who she is. “While in the business, I contacted HIV from one of my boy friends. Even at that, I was still having sex with several men.

But I do not know whether they also contacted HIV or not. At a stage, I began to get worried about my condition and a possible way out because I could save money to do any reasonable thing from what I was doing. So, one day, some church people who introduced themselves as members of The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries in Calabar came to preach to us in our hotel. Their message centered on repentance. And as they preached to me, I was touched to heed their advice to leave the job and join them, but an­other mind told me not to go. But after much thought, I made up my mind to follow them to church.”

Initially, when she joined The Lord’s Chosen in Calabar, Blessing was not still free. “Even when I joined The Lord’s Chosen, the demons in me were still at work. And, I was fighting with some members regularly, on little provocation. But the members ad­vised me not to do such things in the church, yet I did not listen. One day, I prayed God to remove the demons in me and those in my siblings because we are known to be troublesome people in our community. Good enough, I was managing myself to attend the Church and they were really working hard to deliver me.”

Blessing’s turning point eventually came when she was brought to a recent programme organized by the church in Lagos. “I was brought to The Lord’s Chosen Crusade in Lagos from Port Harcourt on Friday, June 10, 2016 by their members. They sent me to Port Harcourt branch from Calabar. Then from there, they brought me to Lagos for this programme. When the 2-day programme started on Saturday and prayers were offered, I felt re­lieved of the problems I used to have. I also noticed that the HIV has disappeared because I do not notice some of the symptoms I used to have. What is left is for me to be tested to be medically sure.”

The young girl who has denounced prostitution asked God and those she has offended in the course of her business to forgive her. “I want God to forgive me. I also want those I have wronged to forgive me also. I want to start a new life. I want to be a child of God and do not want to go into prostitution any longer. So, what I need now is a job and accommodation to enable me take care of my self.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/confession-of-a-teenage-prostitute-how-i-was-forced-into-prostitution-at-13/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by donbenedict(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Irunooboo i am waiting for your own redemption story

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by IRserveMyComent(f): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2016
I dont think you really do have any other choice than to run to Jesus after contacting the deadly virus.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by kayc0(f): 7:15am On Jul 02, 2016
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by afanide: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2016
Why do you guys always liken Akwa Ibom girls to prostitution, HIV, Sleeping with Dogs and all that?

The other time it was an Akwa Ibom Lady thay sleeps with Dogs. Now this again........

This is a cooked up story.......

21 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Adesiji77: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Flexherbal(m): 7:29am On Jul 02, 2016
Too bad!
It seems all prostitutes have the same story.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Oche211(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2016
What a sad story. I feel her pains.
I am of the opinion that the govt shld set up a department under the ministry of women affairs that will provide adequate shelter for these vulnerable girls so that they can easily escape 4rm the brothels nd find love, peace nd shelter there until adequates plans are put in place to take them back to their people. Seems most of these girls see that they don't have any other alternatives, so they just easily submit to the threats 4rm their so called madams.

13 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Oche211(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2016
By the way, what's the work of NAPTIP abi d Agency just like NAFDAC is also dead.
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by SAMBATLAN(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
I am most unhappy here, to have read this ordeal.

Child abuse is great felony, irrespective of the circumstances. This is the most severe case of child abuse and should carry felony lifetime sentences. This innocent girl was forced into this business because she lacks the understanding of all the ignorant, surrounding growing up.

The said woman that forced her into this ordeal, and the grand mother must never go free. I suggest the government should intervene, go after them using relevant authorities, investigate this issue and reasons why forcing the girl to act outside of her emotions... forcing her into this child abuse, using someone else daughter to make silly deals.

In advanced country, this story will not be seen as dramatic as not going to impress the girl, set examples, persecute these sets of people who go into prostitution business, taking advantage of people's situations,....... especially the less privileged parents in the society, to trade their daughters. Sad!

7 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Fairgodwin(m): 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
And therefore, they killed her dreams of "living in an urban area and having her own business" - good dreams it certainly was - but it's not yet too late though, because she's still young and thank God she's met as well as embraced Jesus: it is going to be well with her, certainly.
My dear 'forumites,' cases like this abounds each day everywhere in our country, sadly. But we just have to keep appealing to the government, praying to God, and also playing our parts as individuals with good hearts and intentions (just like the good Samaritan woman who took her home according to her narrations). Nigerians, you and I can actually do something, however insignificant, before waiting for the government.
You and I are the government!
Like the late Dora Akunyili said (in her campaign of sensitising Nigeria during her time as information minister) , "good people, great nation," so please my fellow Nigerians, let's truly be that 'good people' to our fellow citizens irrespective of tribe or affiliations.
May God never stop helping us [Nigerians] Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
You weren't forced you chose it, you could choose poverty but you chose prostitution but you repented?

Prostitutes? Why pay when you can walk to a bar and have casual sex
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Edybleketara: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Generalkorex(m): 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
na wa o
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wickedness at its peak
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by WhyAmISoQuiet: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
I feel sad. Such a young age
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by eleko1: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
. sad
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by herzern(m): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
BLESSING Bassey Okon from Etop, Akwa Ibom State

Name checkers may have something to say... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by 247notire(m): 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
undecided

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by oodua1stson: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2016
donbenedict:
Irunooboo i am waiting for your own redemption story
lol

2 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Beezed(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2016
So unfortunate. What is this country turning into?
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Half-baked testimony. What stops them from conducting the HIV test before rushing to the media.
Fake pastors and propaganda be like:

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by DannyJ19(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Which local govt be Etop 4 akwaibom...

4 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Lagusta(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
I do not believe all this crappy stuff

3 Likes

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by rawtouch: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
so much trouble in the world

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by ahahnow: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
The damage has been done. No amount of prayer will remove her disease but prayer will help her cope with it. It is unfortunate, her situation. She needs to continue to seek out the true God. The church where they ask you to pay for blessings in not the place to be. When Jesus was on earth he blessed everyone for free.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by fernandooleku(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
afanide:
Why do you guys always liken Akwa Ibom girls to prostitution, HIV, Sleeping with Dogs and all that?

The other time it was an Akwa Ibom Lady thay sleeps with Dogs. Now this again........

This is a cooked up story.......
ntoor

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by Begin(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2016
Same story every from this same set of people
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by rapistomenka: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
NAWAO
Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by joseph1832(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hmm. This sound like sex slave to me, not proStitution.

1 Like

Re: How I Became A Prostitute At 13 -Teenager Confesses (Pic) by mmsen: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2016
herzern:
BLESSING Bassey Okon from Etop, Akwa Ibom State

Name checkers may have something to say... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like what?

There's prostitution all over the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen Slit Man’s Throat For Attempting To Save Sister From Rape (photo) / Uratta Owerri DPO Fighting With A Tricyclist Who Bashed His Car / We Caught The Serial Killer While Trying To Kill Another Lady In Hotel - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.