Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls (19664 Views)

DELETE THIS THREAD / Photo Of FUTO "Man O' War" Leader Who Attempted Suicide By Jumping Into River / OAU Shuts Down Mosques In Two Halls Of Residence Yesterday. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Chukwuemeka007(m): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2016
750cap is the only lecture hall in bad condition in FUTO. I stand to be corrected.
@OP why not portray the hundreds of standard and conducive lecture halls in FUTO and even the newly commissioned SMAT complex?
FUTO has witnessed sporadic infrastructural development under the immediate past VC Prof. Asiabaka.

And please change the title to "sorry sate of 750cap hall in FUTO" and not "Lecture Halls" .

3 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by kygo(m): 8:45am On Jul 04, 2016
Sard:

Don't be s!lly.

Deal with it
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by delorkazee: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2016
Please before you file such report look well, there are just three buildings that are as old as the school and that's one of them and also don't juorge with one side coz without been told anyone that attended Futo even our fathers made use of that 750cap hall.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by pythonkid(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2016
warris this ? # istandwithconvenant
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by oladipo322(m): 8:47am On Jul 04, 2016
jubrilyunus:
Come to mah skul u will d one worst than this.

Kwara state polytechnic
dat of kwara poly is even d worst, uncompleted buildings everywhere and at d end d student turn it to b their toilet.... Just lyk dat big building opposite physics lab has now turn 2 b their their toilet

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by dave1614: 8:48am On Jul 04, 2016
nigerians and stupidity

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Okijajuju1(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 04, 2016
750 cap has always being worse. but there other lecture halls - world class if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by darlingtonIIV(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2016
kygo:
Yet somebody somewhere will call Nigeria a zoo,first clean up your sty grin grin angry grin cheesy
Futo is a federal school, its the responsibility of the federal government
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by RichieDaVinci01(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2016
Nawa ooo and some pipu are choppin' our money even a 'maid' ghaaan may richer than that school
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by kygo(m): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2016
darlingtonIIV:
Futo is a federal school, its the responsibility of the federal government

And you think the state has not been receiving allocations from the federal govt?....its in a sorry state and you have the state to blame...not every federal school is as dilapidated as this
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by donchijoz(m): 8:53am On Jul 04, 2016
nigeria i de look

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by mickaelmatherz(m): 8:54am On Jul 04, 2016
Black is no good
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by darlingtonIIV(m): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2016
kygo:

And you think the state has not been receiving allocations from the federal govt?....its in a sorry state and you have the state to blame...not every federal school is as dilapidated as this
Wow. so the bill your president signed has it been implemented? has it been allocated? federal schools in Nigeria are also in one bad state or the other, just because someone hasn't mentioned it doesn't mean its perfect.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:
This is 750 Cap,
One of many Lecture Halls in FUTO,
This is Used by the Faculty of Management Sciences (SMAT)
Like many others in FUTO, this lies in a state of dilapidation n dereliction..
No renovations, management and maintenance..
Instead of keeping old buildings in Prime conditions,
new buildings are continually being erected haphazardly while the old ones still in Use are left to rot n crumble..

other derelict buildings include the School Hostels, where toilets in upper floors seep into rooms beneath..
plz let all know the bad side of FUTO.

Did a bomb fall through the roof of 750 cap
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Armstrong34(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2016
senatorizyking:
This is just the few bad spots in futo, we have wonderful edifice spring up around the school premise so be objective in criticism. In a nutshell we have solid infrastructure.

From a futoite.
.....c ur life...Nigerians hardly see truth n agree
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by SpaceTour: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Both federal and state infrastructures in Imo state are all dead. IMSU is far worse than this. I will get some pictures..
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Coldfeets: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2016
I see nothing but the production of more and more half-baked cheese loading... undecided
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by habsydiamond(m): 9:16am On Jul 04, 2016
All the state and federal universities are built with no sign of maintenance since then. Some hostel accommodation are even worse than prison cell because there is no door to chase away rats, scorpions, and snakes and also no window net to chase away the mosquitoes. Which we know is the source of malaria. I thought education ought to be the major focus of our government. The highest percentage of our budget ought to go to education. Should the leaders of tomorrow be the victim to malaria. Its time for we nigeria student to stand up as one and ask questions from these funds drainers we called POLITICIAN. Some are worse than our enemies.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Tonynelson(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2016
Why is it that FUTO doesn't want to pay us our IT money, other schools paid theirs since last year. Pls MOD help, from 09 graduate
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by jubrilyunus: 9:32am On Jul 04, 2016
oladipo322:
dat of kwara poly is even d worst, uncompleted buildings everywhere and at d end d student turn it to b their toilet.... Just lyk dat big building opposite physics lab has now turn 2 b their their toilet

Are u blame d students or blaming d administration of skul ......

Kwara polytechnic be like Nigeria olokoda rider
Dey admin like 1000 of candidates n d capacity of hall is not more 400

Kwara POLY haabaa
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by SpaceTour: 9:34am On Jul 04, 2016
IMSU as left by Okorocha

Pix- 1, admin block

Pix- 2, Health Science

Pix- 3, Lab

Pix- 4, Law faculty

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by karleone(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:
This is 750 Cap,
One of many Lecture Halls in FUTO,
This is Used by the Faculty of Management Sciences (SMAT)
Like many others in FUTO, this lies in a state of dilapidation n dereliction..
No renovations, management and maintenance..
Instead of keeping old buildings in Prime conditions,
new buildings are continually being erected haphazardly while the old ones still in Use are left to rot n crumble..

other derelict buildings include the School Hostels, where toilets in upper floors seep into rooms beneath..
plz let all know the bad side of FUTO.

Your subject and your post are not correlating. You said sorry state of FUTO lecture halls and you ended up in posting a picture of 750 cap. Where are the other lecture hall pictures?
I know some lecture halls are in bad shape in FUTO but it doesn't mean there are no good ones. In fact, the ratio of the good ones to the bad ones is 15:1, because the tetfund project and the rest have come to give FUTO a facelift with construction of modernized lecture theatre.
In case of next time, take your complaint to the SUG and not to Nairaland. Nairaland won't help renovate those lecture halls.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 04, 2016
davodyguy:

Don't mind the attention seeking OP.

Yes its not in an excellent state, but not as worse as the guy is trying to make us believe.

I thought the image was going to be that of a building about to collapse

what are you saying,
don't worry on my way to class I'll post more pics...

FUTO is doing great n I'm a proud futoite, but if u can't maintain existing structures, what happens to these old ones Will also happen to the new,
plz reason sensibly before u spew thrash from ur mind..

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by oladipo322(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2016
jubrilyunus:

Are u blame d students or blaming d administration of skul ......

Kwara polytechnic be like Nigeria olokoda rider
Dey admin like 1000 of candidates n d capacity of hall is not more 400

Kwara POLY haabaa

Lolz..... If I tell u how many we b for our class Walahi u go pity me
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 04, 2016
karleone:

Your subject and your post are not correlating. You said sorry state of FUTO lecture halls and you ended up in posting a picture of 750 cap. Where are the other lecture hall pictures?
I know some lecture halls are in bad shape in FUTO but it doesn't mean there are no good ones. In fact, the ratio of the good ones to the bad ones is 15:1, because the tetfund project and the rest have come to give FUTO a facelift with construction of modernized lecture theatre.
In case of next time, take your complaint to the SUG and not to Nairaland. Nairaland won't help renovate those lecture halls.

a facelift n ignoring d rest shey,
I'll post pics soon

n by taking complaints to SUG, we should assume the SUG are not students n they don't av Eyes?
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Arinze86(m): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2016
U pple spoilt it to dat extent...I was d amongst d pioneer students who launched at 750 capacity in 2004....FUTO has superb structures evn uptill nw....proudly futiote...my Alma mata...

2 Likes

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by karleone(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2016
ChykePryor:

a facelift n ignoring d rest shey,
I'll post pics soon

n by taking complaints to SUG, we should assume the SUG are not students n they don't av Eyes?

The SUG is in the best position to take up the matter to the Governing council. Was it not the SUG that played a role in seeing that there's Wifi in and around the FUTO hostels? They are the bridge that connects you, as a student, and the School Gov council. All complaints should be laid before them.
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by aleem50(m): 9:45am On Jul 04, 2016
SpaceTour:
IMSU as left by Okorocha
Pix- 1, admin block
Pix- 2, Health Science
Pix- 3, Lab
Pix- 4, Law faculty
is this a university or a primary school

1 Like

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by SpaceTour: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2016
aleem50:
is this a university or a primary school

That is IMSU..here is IMSUTH where Okorocha wanted Imolites to be treated!

Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by toluxa1(m): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2016
Someone should take it upon themselves to snap pictures of the modernized infrastructure?
Re: Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls by Chidimba: 9:58am On Jul 04, 2016
This school used to be a force back in the days, every futo graduate was a hit back to back.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Futo to Begins Sales Of 2014/2015 Post Ume Form / Covenant, UNN Break Into Times Higher Education (THE) Top 1000 World Rankings / Architects' Corner: Models And 3D Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.