Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) (55322 Views)

Improved 3G Speed With Your Airtel 2G Data (confirmed) / How To Use Airtel 2GB And 6GB 2g Network Data On 3G Network / How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Thevenine(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
After Airtel released this 2G data pack, a lot of Naija bloggers came up with various (actually all the same) ways to make the 2G only plan work with 3G network. Many of us will agree that this walk arounds didn't work. (3G/4G Otptimizer, Script Manager and co).

So, I did my own research and found out that Airtel India also launched the same plan about 4/5 years ago. I'm sure we all know that the only set of people more desperate for internet cheats than Nigerians are Indians. It turns out our 9ja bloggers got the Script Manager stuff from the Indians and judging from the numerous comments in the numerous Indian sites I went through, Script Manager didn't work for them either.

Now, the method I'm about to show you guys is very frustrating and is meant for those who have already subscribed for the plan. (I can't advise my enemy to do this plan)

This is it:

1. Turn off your data
2. Set your preferred network type to 2G only
3. Turn on your data
4. If you are already downloading a file, the download should resume at this point (Move to step 6)
5. If you are not downloading anything, open any webpage in your browser.
6. Without turning off your data, set your preferred network type to 3G only.

N.B: You can only use 10MB at a time both on 2G and 3G before you have to reset the network. When your download pauses or your browser shows "Your current data balance is zero", repeat steps 1-6.

P.S: Funnily, I've used about 2.8GB this way but upon checking my data balance, it shows that I haven't used more than 200MB. So, what I deduced is that the data reads only when you're on 2G. I'll update this post with my testimony if I can use more than 7GB before it expires.

Sorry for the long post. Here's a smiley: grin grin or two.

PSPS: If you're downloading large files on your mobile, use Opera Mini. Uc browser has a way of making the file corrupted due to pausing and starting. If you're on PC, use IDM. Thanks.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Thevenine(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
When the download stops and after performing steps 1-6

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by general111(m): 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2016
True.what I do is to switch my network to auto when downloading,it begins to download with 3g speed for like 2min.I downloaded over 500mb worth of files in a day..lol..

1 Like

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by jaymichael(m): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
Thevenine:
After Airtel released this 2G data pack, a lot of Naija bloggers came up with various (actually all the same) ways to make the 2G only plan work with 3G network. Many of us will agree that this walk arounds didn't work. (3G/4G Otptimizer, Script Manager and co).

So, I did my own research and found out that Airtel India also launched the same plan about 4/5 years ago. I'm sure we all know that the only set of people more desperate for internet cheats than Nigerians are Indians. It turns out our 9ja bloggers got the Script Manager stuff from the Indians and judging from the numerous comments in the numerous Indian sites I went through, Script Manager didn't work for them either.

Now, the method I'm about to show you guys is very frustrating and is meant for those who have already subscribed for the plan. (I can't advise my enemy to do this plan)

This is it:

1. Turn off your data
2. Set your preferred network type to 2G only
3. Turn on your data
4. If you are already downloading a file, the download should resume at this point (Move to step 6)
5. If you are not downloading anything, open any webpage in your browser.
6. Without turning off your data, set your preferred network type to 3G only.

N.B: You can only use 10MB at a time both on 2G and 3G before you have to reset the network. When your download pauses or your browser shows "Your current data balance is zero", repeat steps 1-6.

P.S: Funnily, I've used about 2.8GB this way but upon checking my data balance, it shows that I haven't used more than 200MB. So, what I deduced is that the data reads only when you're on 2G. I'll update this post with my testimony if I can use more than 7GB before it expires.

Sorry for the long post. Here's a smiley: grin grin or two.

PSPS: If you're downloading large files on your mobile, use Opera Mini. Uc browser has a way of making the file corrupted due to pausing and starting. If you're on PC, use IDM. Thanks.
What you posted is the absolute truth. That is how I MANAGE to download small things. This plan wanted to frustrate the life outa me. You are absolutely right brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Peterpan222(m): 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
jaymichael:
What you posted is the absolute truth. That is how I MANAGE to download small things. This plan wanted to frustrate the life outa me. You are absolutely right brother.
Feel like trying it but this 10MB at a time is the shit.
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Thevenine(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Peterpan222:

Feel like trying it but this 10MB at a time is the shit.

Please please..I beg you..Please don't do this plan. Unless you have more than enough time on your hands.
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by ITbomb(m): 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
As in, for a 200 mb file, I will pause and change 20 times. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by foworaboy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
pls someone should tell me how to check the airtel 2g pack balance!
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Thevenine(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2016
foworaboy:

*141#
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Thevenine(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2016
ITbomb:
As in, for a 200 mb file, I will pause and change 20 times. Lol

Give or take 2 times. Lol
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by pinkyruledworld(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
I detected this mode few weeks ago and the funny thing is that, the 10mb"s u use one 3g is actually free as it won't be deducted from your account, but trust me u gotta be patient tho
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by abdeiz(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2016
Op welldone , I tried it too and its working even lasting on the 3g for much longer than I expected. I'll update more of my experience as I download more.
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Maxcollins042(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
foworaboy:
* 140 #

1 Like

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Maxcollins042(m): 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
general111:
True.what I do is to switch my network to auto when downloading,it begins to download with 3g speed for like 2min.I downloaded over 500mb worth of files in a day..lol..
Are you for real?
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Emmyk(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lol. 10mb at once? That's preposterous! cheesy
What about guys like me that start downloads of gigs with UCweb in the night, then sleep off, only to wake and see 10mb downloaded!

I still prefer the Mtn #25 for 500mb.
That's 4Gb, for 4 nights at same rate like Airtel's #200.

Oh well, whatever works for you. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by general111(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Maxcollins042:
Are you for real?
yes na....
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by awlsakim(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is only only 4 those with patience and perseverance cus am you will have to spend about 3 hours just to download a file of 50mb
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by kecee99(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have downloaded over 2gb with this trick and my data is still remaining 1.9gb.
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by stano2(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
if i can whatsapp with it and browse,then i will do it
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Maxcollins042(m): 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
general111:
yes na....
you uses the method described by OP ryt?
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by general111(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Maxcollins042:
you uses the method described by OP ryt?
yes.it works exactly the same as he had said it..
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by passendi: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
That is painstaking. A serious person will not have time for that..

1 Like

Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Maxcollins042(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
general111:
yes.it works exactly the same as he had said it..
Ok
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by bolaji3071(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
directonpc:
or you guys can just forget that stress and use the latest settings for airtel 0.00 psiphon unlimited browsing
http://7rl.in/air00

Bro this thing has stopped connecting on my phone o. It stopped this evening...
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Maxcollins042(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Can one use this plan on a PC?
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by bolaji3071(m): 9:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
Emmyk:
Lol. 10mb at once? That's preposterous! cheesy
What about guys like me that start downloads of gigs with UCweb in the night, then sleep off, only to wake and see 10mb downloaded!

I still prefer the Mtn #25 for 500mb.
That's 4Gb, for 4 nights at same rate like Airtel's #200.

Oh well, whatever works for you. cool cool

Please bro enlighten me more about this because I want to get a new mtn Sim tomorrow because of this night plan. Please what's the procedure to activate the 500mb night plan, thanks
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Onyeval212(m): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2016
*140#
foworaboy:
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by Emmyk(m): 12:45am On Jul 05, 2016
bolaji3071:

Please bro enlighten me more about this because I want to get a new mtn Sim tomorrow because of this night plan. Please what's the procedure to activate the 500mb night plan, thanks
Migrate to Mtn IPulse by dialing *406#.
Once it's 12am, send NIGHT to 131.
Don't send before 12am.

Enjoy. cool
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by yvonne111(f): 1:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmm
Re: How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) by ojadetayo(m): 2:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Please how do I unsubscribe from this plan. I want to use my normal data. Being trying the opt out option but the data still remain.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Easily Identify An Original Charger/Fake Charger / Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / Glo Gbam + (plus) Is The Cheapest Glo Call Tariff Plan Of 11k/sec To All Network

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.