Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies (42842 Views)

Timi Dakolo Replies A Fan That Wanted A Free Performance At Her Sister's Wedding / Timi Dakolo Replies Twitter User Tired Of Seeing His Wife In His Music Videos / 'Stay There Dey Vex While I Keep Getting Paid' Timi Dakolo Replies A Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by iamjayboss(m): 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Az2XMDJcARU/V3euW6fUdpI/AAAAAAAAW-E/MeFGFiACeTclLNBd9i-R_RycO4REbrvwwCLcB/s400/dakolo%2Band%2Bfashek.jpg[/img]
Majek Fashek is accusing R&B star, Timi Dakolo of stealing his song.

In a recent interview with Saturday Beats , the Reggae icon revealed that Timi Dakolo never took permission from him before he recorded a remix of his hit song, Send Down the Rain in 2013, adding that the Iyawo Mi crooner had exploited the fact that he was mentally unstable.

“He broke the rules of copyright. He is a thief because in music business, one must take permission before working on someone else’s song. That is why we have COSON,” he said.

He also slammed Dakolo, calling him a fake artiste for infringing on the laws of copyright.

“Dakolo never bothered to look for me before stealing my song. He is not an original artiste. It is only people like Tuface, Wizkid, Olamide that are original.”

In addition, Fashek admitted that he was hurt that he wasn’t even given credit for the song and further explained why.

“The song is not a normal song; it is a spiritual hit song. Timi Dakolo does not know how I suffered to get that song. I fasted for seven days before I got that song. I partook in three days ‘white’ fasting before the song came to me. Timi Dakolo did not go through that. I did not fight him because I do not have time. Let God judge us.”

Majek Fashek, has been stable since March after receiving treatment at an Abuja based rehab centre. He and his business consultant, Omenka Uzoma are now trying to fish out all those who took advantage of him.

Although Timi Dakolo initially declined to respond when contacted to get his own side of the story, the singer eventually took to Instagram to address the issue.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/07/majek-fashek-accuses-timi-dakolo-of.html

3 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by iamjayboss(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2016
That means Majek Fashek manager is cheating on him

More here:http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/07/majek-fashek-accuses-timi-dakolo-of.html

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by okonja(m): 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
Case closed. Majek should talk to his manager. Dazzol lipsrsealed

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by greenstar: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2016
grin
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by greenstar: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
“The song is not a normal song; it is a spiritual hit song.
Timi Dakolo does not know how I suffered to get that
song. I fasted for seven days before I got that song. I
partook in three days ‘white’ fasting before the song
came to me. "
hit like if that statement made you laugh until your dad looked at you like this

grin grin grin

272 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by NegeduGrace(f): 2:15pm On Jul 02, 2016
Welcome to naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Flexherbal(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2016
Forgive him for this one. Next time he will take permission.
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Rick9(m): 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2016
Which song
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Artistree: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Majek's manager obviously thought he would never get well.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by ichommy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
Rick9:
Which song
grin

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Bugatie(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
greenstar:
came to me. "
hit like if that statement made you laugh until your dad looked at you like this

grin grin grin

No need to laugh too much, He could be right with how he gets his inspiration to make music.
The song is very special to him and we don't have the right to question him.

@topic, I like Timi cos he does good music and glad he consulted with Majek's manager before remaking the music unless he's not telling us the truth

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Sijo01(f): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2016
You paid his manager my foot! How can unstable being have a Manger? Majek should sue him for thieft of his intellectual property.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Vetsolo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
lol normal pple stealing abnomal song
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by OKorowanta: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Majek can't be touched
Bad asss musician.

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
oo
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by honeymills(f): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Na WA o

1 Like

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by haywire07(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Staged beef to boost majek popularity undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Sijo01(f): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Artistree:
Majek obviously thought he would never get well.

I guess you wanted to type Timi?

8 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by mikkypel(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
Agbalagba fighting egbe aburo e... Pa majek, let it go jor.. U are too old to keep malice o
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by shamecurls(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
One day, I will sue Christiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi for using my copyrighted football skills because i was the first football player to start drinking water on the pitch before it was stolen.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
greenstar:
came to me. "

grin grin grin

Thaz a coded statement

6 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by januzaj(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
mikkypel:
Agbalagba fighting egbe aburo e... Pa majek, let it go jor.. U are too old to keep malice o
what are you saying.. Is like saying there is nothing wrong in working while someone else collects your salary

7 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by HomesOfLife(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Majek was not given proper credit for the song. Timi and Majek's manager should be prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Opiletool(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Make Meself go fast maybe inspiration go come. Different types of fasting Dey sha. Fasting with oshogbo weed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by lifestyle1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2016
Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
[size=99pt]ok[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by czarr(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2016
So its tuface and wizkid that have not stolen song abi? Na dem be real artist grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by lastpage: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
iamjayboss:
That means Majek Fashek manager is cheating on him

Exactly!

The PROPER THING to do now is for the Police to INVITE the Manager, to come and explain WHAT HAPPENED to the money he took from Dakolo, on behalf of Majek Fashek.

It is very pathetic for criminal to take advantage of someone undergoing "health difficulties".

I think Dakolo should publish the Invoice he got after payment (to clear his good image) while Majek should sue his Manager for stealing, if it turns out he pocketed the money.

Oloriburuku Manager!

Lastpage!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Majek Fashek Accuses Timi Dakolo Of Stealing His Song, Dakolo Replies by otipoju(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
Forgive him for this one. Next time he will take permission.

Did you read Dakolo's response at all ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maheeda's Response To A Concerned Fan / Afia Schwarzenegger Slept With A Chinese Dog For Money – Mzbel / Zubby Micheal Receives Cow For His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.