Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,369 members, 7,800,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: (5814 Views)

Five (5) Reasons Why You Should SHUN Bleaching Creams / How To Make Different Types Of Foot Wears... [Pictures Included] / What Should Women Wear To Work? Comfort Vs. Fashion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by ndelta1(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2009
Women shun comfort for foot fashion

Almost four out of 10 women buy shoes knowing they do not fit, according to a new poll. Skip related content
Related photos / videos
Women shun comfort for foot fashion

Research from the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists found that 37% were willing to put up with uncomfortable shoes as long as they were fashionable.

But the problem is not just confined to women - 17% of men admit buying shoes in the wrong size.

The poll of more than 2,000 adults also found that 80% of women suffer foot problems such as cracked heels, bunions, corns and ingrowing nails.

Yet four out of 10 of all people with a foot issue have never sought medical advice.

Lorraine Jones, from the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists, said: "Many of us find it hard to resist a bargain and the latest fashion must-have, but it's important to remember that by buying ill-fitting shoes, you're not only going to end up in discomfort, but you are also putting your health at risk.

"What is particularly worrying is that this is just the number of people who are aware that they are buying ill-fitting shoes; many people are wearing the wrong sized shoes on a daily basis without even realising it.

"Most people in the UK suffer from a foot problem at some point in their lives, and while many are fairly minor, some can be extremely painful and disabling.

"While not all foot problems can be prevented, a large majority of problems do result from incorrect or poor footwear.

"It is important to wear shoes in the correct size that are appropriate for the activity you need them for."
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2009
women and shoes lipsrsealed
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by mukina2: 11:42am On Sep 07, 2009
Well they feel the need to belong and like the title said its all 'fashion' even if it hurts them cheesy
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by iice(f): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2009
Some people are more concerned with how the shoe looks and not how their feet looks.  .  .

Yuck @ bunions and corns

That's why one should wear converse grin grin
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by mukina2: 11:46am On Sep 07, 2009
iice:

Some people are more concerned with how the shoe looks and not how their feet looks.  .  .

Yuck @ bunions and corns

That's why one should wear converse grin grin

you got it cool grin
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2009
I am a culprit!!

The one's I have on now where so tight when I got them, but they have stretched out now!!

What do I do?? I wear UK size 9, US 10/11, i hardly get pretty shoes!!so I just force my feet into Uk size 8
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2009
aysometin:

What do I do?? I wear UK size 9, US 10/11, i hardly get pretty shoes!!so I just force my feet into Uk size 8

girl you gat some big ass feet grin
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by No2Atheism(m): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
In a weird way, I don't really support pain for fashion, infact i get turned on by simplicity  grin yes I am one of those dudes that like women to be natural grin grin grin.

Do i sometimes like her to wear those high heels . . . grin grin grin yes of course  grin grin grin in cases of hmmm hmmm hmmm grin grin grin grin. . . how frequent   well unfortunately, few and far between, cus i understand the long term implications of such shoes to the leg, hence i would not advise that it be done.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by captured(f): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
candylips:

those of us with big feet are often stuck with the solution of forcing your feet into smaller sized shoes or waiting for one chance in two years to find a shoe that looks right and fits just fine.
I opt for peep toe slippers and sandals which often have big sizes and presently own less than 6 shoes, 2 which i often end up carrying when i wear them out.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by iice(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
Or sling backs.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Oluschenco(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
They want people to feel them, cos i see no reason why one should be uncomfortable with whatever is put on.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by MUZBO(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
The answer is simple; such women are losers but you'll never get them to admit it!
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nezan(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
haha, women and fashion.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by stepitup(f): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2009
Good thing I'm not crazy bout shoes or Bags or Designers etc, so i've got the basics for walking around. to my long feet sisters you should check out getting your shoes custom made. and its not expensive, Women in my house r tall therefore tall feet so we gotta get measured for dress shoes, smiley (eg j. Renee )
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
candylips:

You can say that again!! Quite embarrassing!!
When my friends fit into lovely size 6 shoes!! i walk all the floors in Lakeside and can't get a pair of shoes I really love!! I'm stuck with M&S shoes or Clarks now!! cry
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by finemocha(f): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2009
guilty
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2009
captured:

those of us with big feet are often stuck with the solution of forcing your feet into smaller sized shoes or waiting for one chance in two years to find a shoe that looks right and fits just fine.
I opt for peep toe slippers and sandals which often have big sizes and presently own less than 6 shoes, 2 which i often end up carrying when i wear them out.

Feel you on that  grin grin
I remember my uncle used to tease me when I was much younger to buy any size of shoes and carry them in my hands, so that people would know I can afford to buy shoes but can't get my size!
'No Size in London'  grin
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
@aysometin i understand your pain. Buying shoes in London sucks when u have a big feet. Try do u shopping in America. You will get lots of better shoes that will size you comfortablely .
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
Thanks dear!!
You are right!!
Back in 9ja, I used to get my size in American shoes e.g prediction, american eagle etc but now that I live in the UK it sulks big time.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2009
u can also shop online. use amazon.com or ebay.com. search around for other american websites. They all ship to the UK as long as u have a valid UK Credit card  smiley
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2009
oh ok!! thanks for the info!!
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2009
hmm. i don't think most of them accept uk debit cards but what u can do is to set up a pay pal account. www.paypal.co.uk and use it for whenever you go to these websites.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by layinx(f): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
some of those shoes r so beautiful! who needs comfort? wink

But seriously, if shoes are not comfortable, they're bad for your feet, your legs and eventually, your posture.
Be warned. kiss[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by candylips(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2009
@aysometin my post got deleted if u don't have a CC u can set up an account with PAYPAL with your DC and pay through them.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
No probs!! thank you

Cheers
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
Never had any problems finding my shoe size. cool If the shoe fits, I'll rock it. cool
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by KennyG6(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
could it be that women have a very high pain-threshold? ive seen quite a number of women with blisters on their feet, patched up with plasters and still struggling to fit their fav shoes on, quite weird really.
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by KennyG6(m): 4:26pm On Sep 07, 2009
layinx:

some of those shoes r so beautiful! who needs comfort? wink

But seriously, if shoes are not comfortable, they're bad for your feet, your legs and eventually, your posture.
Be warned. kiss[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
hmmm, hands on heart layinx, are u not also guilty of this crime? grin
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by zmurda(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
beats me really.

i see the women with high heels, after clubbing all night, they pull it off and walk on the streets with bare legs especially the oyibo ones. it beats me why they wore it in the first place
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by rickie4us(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
na by force to wear high heeled shoes?
I saw a lady the other while I was at the bank , it was quite obvious she was a newbie there , she was so uncomfortable and she looked like a misfit , I really felt for her ,
Re: Women Shun Comfort For Foot Fashion: by rickie4us(m): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
hey guys, someone out there should buy this for his wife ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

"My Money Grows Like Grass" / Quality Nigerian Native Dresses -Payment on Delivery across the Country / Storm Body Spray For 1500, Oud, perf , Free Delivery Within Lagos. T&Cs apply.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.