Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

H - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / H (8098 Views)

Difference between Igbo cities and Yoruba cities in development Photos / 10 Infrastructurally Most Advanced Cities In Nigeria. / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: H by Aquariann: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Seriously the reason you dragged onitsha into this is baffling.A town without govt presence built by hardworking struggling men with zero assistance from the govt is the town you can use to compare to those that got government presence.

Nne5:

What I mean is there's no fed govt presence in Onitsha

Lets keep Abuja (The FCT) aside, stating with Lagos, with all the so called "Federal presence", can you list the number of high raised buildings built by the FG aside the CBN HQ annex in Lagos Island and the abandoned Federal secretariat building (If i may add those) in Ikoyi?.

And while you keep making excuses (like you don't have successive state governments in your region who received allocations from the FG), remember in the last seventeen years of our nationhood, it's just one year now that Lagos is being governed by FG's ruling party.

But just in case you still don't get my point, ask yourself why Cosmas Maduka built his HQ in V.I and not Nnnewi

2 Likes

Re: H by deji68: 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
ibadan has only 3 skyscrappers...cocoa house, Agbowo shopping complex, and shegis building.....abi i am missing somthing ?
Re: H by forgiveness: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2016

3 Likes

Re: H by forgiveness: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: H by forgiveness: 10:50pm On Jul 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: H by forgiveness: 10:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
Re: H by forgiveness: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2016

2 Likes

Re: H by ArmedRobber: 11:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
K
Re: H by forgiveness: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2016
Re: H by forgiveness: 8:46am On Jul 04, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: H by MXrep: 9:29am On Jul 04, 2016
hagmond1:
you guys need to stop this 'states without govt presence'nonsense, are your government refusing government allocations.
mention any state from the list apart from Abuja that is built majorly by the federal government.
Pls what about ogbomoso and ife? Wake me up when they achieve what onitsha has achieved. This pics show few skyscrapers while onitsha is 90% medium rise
Re: H by MXrep: 9:35am On Jul 04, 2016
Aquariann:

Lets keep Abuja (The FCT) aside, stating with Lagos, with all the so called "Federal presence", can you list the number of high raised buildings built by the FG aside the CBN HQ annex in Lagos Island and the abandoned Federal secretariat building (If i may add those) in Ikoyi?.

And while you keep making excuses (like you don't have successive state governments in your region who received allocations from the FG), remember in the last seventeen years of our nationhood, it's just one year now that Lagos is being governed by FG's ruling party.

But just in case you still don't get my point, ask yourself why Cosmas Madu ka built his HQ in V.I and not Nnnewi
And how many headquarters have yorubas built in owo, ogbomoso, ife, etc. Stop consoling yourselves with nomansland. And by the way skyscraper is not development or are you saying those European cities with predominantly lesd than 5 storeys are less developed than ibadan just because og of three high rise surrounded by shityy rusted roofs?
Re: H by Nne5: 9:51am On Jul 04, 2016
hagmond1:
first Niger bridge,the construction of the second Niger bridge.
Those are still roads
!
Construction of what?
Is it the bridge gej was building and when this regime came in was abandoned?Then the other day fashola went there and said nonsense?
I need just one tangible answer for my question.

1 Like

Re: H by Nne5: 9:54am On Jul 04, 2016
forgiveness:

Can you point to any building in those pictures apart from Abuja built by the Fed govt?
I can actually point to those built with oyel money by thieves!

1 Like

Re: H by MXrep: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2016
Onitsha still remains unbeatable. a mere local government achieving great things more than most state capitals, neatly arranged medium rise in well arranged streets on a well planned grid intersecting streets. it does not make any sense having few sky crappers surrounded by shanty rusted roofs or tiny bungalows.

4 Likes

Re: H by forgiveness: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
MXrep:

Pls what about ogbomoso and ife? Wake me up when they achieve what onitsha has achieved. This pics show few skyscrapers while onitsha is 90% medium rise
MXrep:

The bone of contention is that Federal government did not build those highrise buildings for these States. It was the state government and individuals that built them. That's all.

The question is, how come the state that claims his government is working and presume to have the highest numbers of so called billionaires, unable to have one single highrise building?

And for you information Onitsha doesn't have 90% medium highrise buildings.

3 Likes

Re: H by forgiveness: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: H by forgiveness: 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: H by forgiveness: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: H by ba7man(m): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2016
MXrep:
Onitsha still remains unbeatable. a mere local government achieving great things more than most state capitals, neatly arranged medium rise in well arranged streets on a well planned grid intersecting streets. it does not make any sense having few sky crappers surrounded by shanty rusted roofs or tiny bungalows.
Why are Onitsha pics always taken from far away? undecided

1 Like

Re: H by forgiveness: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: H by forgiveness: 11:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: H by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2016
We gats bless this thread with Ibadan pics.. OP didn't do justice to the city
Re: H by ba7man(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2016
forgiveness:

grin are you insinuating Onitsha is dirty? grin
No implicate me ooo!!! lipsrsealed
Re: H by forgiveness: 3:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: H by forgiveness: 3:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: H by forgiveness: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Re: H by Ooni: 11:40am On Sep 13, 2016
I will call kenyans
Re: H by lacasera14(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2016
Where are those blind-myopic bigots from the east that said enugu is more developed than Ibadan and port harcourt? come and show your high rise buildings.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: It’s Insulting For PDP To Attempt Returning To Power – Ex-speaker, Bamisil / Coup: Prosecute Those Inciting Military Against Tinubu – MURIC Tells Army / Most Corrupt Politician In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.