Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? (1037 Views)

Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / Has Science Discovered God? / Has Science Discovered God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Blaqsmith(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Evening Nairalanders,

I don't know if this thread fits in here, if not the moderator should please help to put it in the right section where it can attract answers from informed people.

Before I start to ask my question based on the above topic, let me quickly let you fellow Nairalanders know that I am not a scientist neither have I ever being in a science. I am only a Law student who craves to know not only the law but what comprises of the environment it works.

I held an argument in my hostel at school today with some friends. A guy said he was once told by his uncle that human beings really disappear of the earth. I was shocked hearing this. I had thought this only happens in the Yoruba Nollywood movies. But I told this guy I wouldn't believe this until he gave me some evidence and proof to back his claim. Students around even supported him with this baseless belief. I asked all of them if they really believe and they wouldn't even let me ask finish before they shouted "it happens." I was like a fool among them, but NO, I wouldn't join their bandwagon of belief without any substantial evidence.

I hope anyone with good knowledge about this puzzle can shed it here. Either philosophical, scientific or mythological, so far it passes the test of "How" and "Why".
Thanks.
Cc;
Johnydon22
Seun
Aaronson
Valentinemary
Kingebukasblog
sonoflucifer
hahn
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by oglalasioux(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
But I told this guy I wouldn't believe this until he gave me some evidence and proof to back his claim.

Isn't it better you present the guy's 'evidence and proof' first?
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nigeria is a place of many ritualistic kidnappers. There was a story of people selling human meat in a kiosk. Add Boko Haram and Human traffickers and it all starts to make sense.
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Ranchhoddas: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
You already used the word 'myth'. Wetin you wan hear again?
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Blaqsmith(m): 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
oglalasioux:

Isn't it better you present the guy's 'evidence and proof' first?
Are you for real? The burden isn't one me to give proof or evidence for his claim nah. He said and he should prove. He who asserts prove.
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Blaqsmith(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You already used the word 'myth'. Wetin you wan hear again?
Perhaps am wrong. Perhaps science has something to clarify on this. It just seems they are right with the way they are so cocksure
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by hahn(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
People disappear everywhere in the world. It could be as a result of kidnaps or accidents where the victim is unable to get identified and his family contacted or simple cases of the person running away.

Some people will choose to investigate, others will rather attribute "spiritual" reasons to the disappearance and do nothing about it.

undecided
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Blaqsmith:
Evening Nairalanders,

I don't know if this thread fits in here, if not the moderator should please help to put it in the right section where it can attract answers from informed people.

Before I start to ask my question based on the above topic, let me quickly let you fellow Nairalanders know that I am not a scientist neither have I ever being in a science. I am only a Law student who craves to know not only the law but what comprises of the environment it works.

I held an argument in my hostel at school today with some friends. A guy said he was once told by his uncle that human beings really disappear of the earth. I was shocked hearing this. I had thought this only happens in the Yoruba Nollywood movies. But I told this guy I wouldn't believe this until he gave me some evidence and proof to back his claim. Students around even supported him with this baseless belief. I asked all of them if they really believe and they wouldn't even let me ask finish before they shouted "it happens." I was like a fool among them, but NO, I wouldn't join their bandwagon of belief without any substantial evidence.

I hope anyone with good knowledge about this puzzle can shed it here. Either philosophical, scientific or mythological, so far it passes the test of "How" and "Why".
Thanks.
Cc;
Johnydon22
Seun
Aaronson
Valentinemary
Kingebukasblog
sonoflucifer
hahn

If people have not disappeared before, where do you think the idea of teleportation came from?
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
Blaqsmith:
Evening Nairalanders,

Thanks.
Cc;
Johnydon22
Seun
Aaronson
Valentinemary
Kingebukasblog
sonoflucifer
hahn

Theres the supernatural one and there's enigmatic one - a mystery to science .

People get lost in time , they disappear without a trace . Two years ago , I was inspired by my room mate - a very knowledgeable fellow - to read about time travel . I read different stories about people who were lost in time , some appeared mysteriously in the past and even in the future . Some experienced a time loop , a time reset , time moving so slowly etc .

Its exciting to read but don't get too carried away .
Re: Myths About Human Disappearance, What Has Science Got To Say? by Blaqsmith(m): 11:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
hahn:
People disappear everywhere in the world. It could be as a result of kidnaps or accidents where the victim is unable to get identified and his family contacted or simple cases of the person running away.

Some people will choose to investigate, others will rather attribute "spiritual" reasons to the disappearance and do nothing about it.

undecided

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Redirect My Way To God / Rccg Sunday School Manual(25/22/2016) / Freewillers Why Are Your Prayers Not Consistent With What You Believe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.