Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days (9343 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / Christians, How Do You React When An Unbeliever Preaches To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
BY OKPAN CLEOPAS,

TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS (PSALM 90:12)

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT LIFE

1. Job says “My days swifter than a weaver’s shuttle” (Job. 7:6).
2. Job again says “Man who is born of a woman is of few days and full of troubles. He comes forth like a flower and is cut down. He flees like a shadow and does not continue”.
3. According to Asaph, “For He remembered that they were but flesh, a breath that passed away and does not come again” (Psalm 78:39).
4. James asked, “For what is your life? It is even a vapour that appears for a little time and them vanishes away” (James 4:14).
5. The Hebrews writer says, “It is appointed unto men to die once, and after this the judgment” (Heb. 9:27).

WHAT IS MEANS TO NUMBER OUR DAYS

1. To recognize that life is short
2. To balance our priorities in life.
HOW GOD TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS
1. Through His word
2. Through the death of loved ones.
3. Through our own bitter experience of life.

Beloved, when we learn to number our days we will understand that life is too short:

Life is too short to neglect opportunity for better family relationship (Eph. 5:33; 6:1-4)
Life is too short to neglect the opportunity of fellowshipping with other Christians (Acts. 2:42; Heb. 10:25).
Life is too short to neglect opportunity to do good to others (Gal. 6:9-10).
Life is too short to neglect opportunity for spiritual enrichment (2 Tim. 2:15).
Life is too short to neglect to speak to others about the Saviour (Rom. 1:16; Matt. 28:19-20).

Behold, what are you doing with your life? Does your life have real meaning and purpose? Are there things you are leaving undone that need attention?

Brethren, we must use our time on earth wisely. Once life is gone, it is gone forever. Because of this,

The following advice must be taken seriously:

1. “See them that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Eph.5:15-16)
2. Learn from Jesus’ example: “I must work the works of Him who sent me while it is day; the right is coming when no one can work” (John 9:4).
3. Follow the example of Paul: “For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain.” (Phil. 1:21).

CONCLUSION

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandment for this is the whole duty of man” (Eccl. 12:13).

Like Moses, let us pray that God should teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Culled From: http://brainnewsng.com/ways-god-uses-in-teaching-christians-how-to-number-their-days/

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by drugwise: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
That we may love Lord!
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
drugwise:
That we may love Lord!

Yes ooooooo

But, must be a faithful Christian after submerging yourself through Baptism.

cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by truthspeaks: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by charlydamianpat(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
I concor

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by ichommy(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
hmmmm

Meanwhile Vote Ichommy for Mr Nairaland 2016.
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Culled From: http://brainnewsng.com/ways-god-uses-in-teaching-christians-how-to-number-their-days/

...i pray GOD helps me to live right and to also be part of his kingdom when death(the inevitable)comes knocking.

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by zyzxx(m): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
Words of wisodm

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
OnuohaEDOZIE:
...i pray GOD helps me to live right and to also be part of his kingdom when death(the inevitable)comes knocking.

Amen oooooooo

Just be prayerful and faithful

2 Likes

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Domislaz(m): 5:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
I always Love Psalm. 90

The prayer of Moses the man of God. A touching psalm that was penned upon occasion of the sentence passed upon Israel in the wilderness for their unbelief, murmuring, and rebellion, that their carcases should fall in the wilderness, that they should be wasted away by a series of miseries for thirty-eight years together, and that none of them that were then of age should enter Canaan.
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by hopefulLandlord: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
okay
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Adekorya: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Educative

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Wenebadu(f): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by policy12: 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
death and old age scares me anytime any day....jus imagine a world without me or u.

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Thobiy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
zyzxx:
Words of wisodm
Interesting
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Thobiy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
zyzxx:
Words of wisodm
Interesting op
Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by collitexnaira(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Very few people viewing this topic
People no won hear anything about their death

2 Likes

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by Larryton(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice writeup and a touching one.

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by xender(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice smiley thankssmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by segebobo: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
It's a balanced write up. Helps me to rethink actions I'm about to take especially when it affects others. It also helps one to calm down in situations when one is unnecessarily desperate

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by fromnigeria(m): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
You are so on point. More power and grace to your elbows.

2 Likes

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by toshmann(m): 12:44am On Jul 04, 2016
Sh1t, i gotta marry ASAP angry

I tried marriage before. . . . . . disaster sad

Who will I marry now?
All these Yankee babes na nonsense angry

Damn time is running out shocked

Thanks for reminding me, op angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by LUV1: 4:38am On Jul 04, 2016
We really have to number our days .

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by LUV1: 4:39am On Jul 04, 2016
We really have to number our days .Because he can appear at any time.

1 Like

Re: Ways God Uses In Teaching Christians How To Number Their Days by DedeNkem: 6:20am On Jul 04, 2016
What a crap religious thread.

(1) (Reply)

Mandelanism - A New African Religion? / Question: "How Can I Live A Holy Life?" / Cardinal Becciu: Vatican Court Convicts Former Pope Adviser Of Financial Crimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.