Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. (10784 Views)

Investigation Of Hardmirror's Claims In "Pastor To Atheist" Threads / PART 2: Pastor to Atheist: Why I will NEVER be a Christian again / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
N.B; This is a free thread, irrespective of your Religious view, you all are welcomed. Just focus on what I'm about to write. But however, I will try my best to make every Nomad, eskimo and headhunter
to grasp extensively on what
I'm about writing and share his/her own view.
Thank you.

I have been an observer on this Religion section for quite some time,
But the rate at which young Christians turn into agnostics/atheists is quite disheartening.

Instead of this section to make them grow in spirit, it instead make them lose faith drastically.
Courtesy; Scientific explanations, Rational thinking and Logic.

Scientists only Explains God's handiwork more intelligently than our Stone age authors of the bible.
Saying that God inspired them in writing it is correct, but they couldn't understand the science behind what God inspired into them, because they weren't educated.
Instead they explained it in their own layman's view.
Even the future generation scientists will explain it much more intelligently and detailed than we are doing now.
This future scientists would most likely debunk some of our today's scientific theories.
Life will continue and knowledge will be increasing.

Assuming time machine eventually become a reality, and a Professor of physics from 3016 A.D visits us now to teach us physics,
Most of this modern day great physicists might sound stone age to him!

So for the fact that our stone-age men account of the earth doesn't sound intelligent to us, shouldn't give us the guarantee to call all of their works and experiences MYTHS AND LEGENDS. Unless you are saying they never observed or experienced anything
So I don't see why someone will stop believing in God because of the explanation of an uneducated stone-age man that doesn't have much knowledge and wanted to write it in a way that his fellow stone-age men will understand.

Personally as a Christian and also a moralist, I'm neither against nor in support of atheism.
Besides we have freedom of worship and thoughts and if anybody decides to stay in default mode(atheism), it's their choice.
And moreover God gave us free-will, and I can't be openly against anybody that flaunts his/her Free-will by
Becoming an atheist/agnostic.

Anybody that has common sense and also knowledgeable in science, who has ever seen intelligent atheists debate, will not deny being agnostic for at least (5)seconds, irrespective of your religious background.
So I don't blame atheists/agnostics because I can't deny that logically, they have some convincing reasons to be one.

I'm not here to prove the Existence of God, because that is what most atheists wants.
Because God is not a material being, so it is near impossible to prove him.
Only God can prove himself and not mere humans like us.
Any attempt by a Christian to prove an Almighty God with our little mortal mind will fail and might also sound Dogmatic, fictional and unconvincing to our Atheistic friends and people with common sense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
If we say that they haven't encountered God
and that is why it was easy for them to became atheistic, we are not getting it right.
Atheism is based on[b] Scientific discovery, Rational thinking and Logic[/b].
it is not based on Haven't encountered God
They are many Christians that haven't encountered God, yet they are still faithful. Some have encountered God, yet they deviated.
The devil was once an archangel, but now he's Rivaling with God. Would you say he never encountered God? No! Because he even lived with God himself.

So atheists didn't became one because they haven't encountered God.

Some wants God to prove himself if he exists.

We should note that despite the fact that Jehova manifested and proved himself openly to the israelites, they still turned their back on him and worshiped other gods, The golden calf was the first.

So even if God decides to com down right now on earth and prove himself, people would still sin, Why? because they have free-will.
So there is almost no need for God to continue proving himself to every new generation.
God has proved himself when he has to,
Yet man was sinful.

But God will still prove himself one more time and it MIGHT probably be the last time he will prove his mightiness and existence to mankind. but then, what if Grace become extinct? This will be a discussion for later time.

As for young Christians I will like you to know that
Atheism is a deadly sophisticated weapon of which the devil manufactured to use and fight the will of God for mankind

It may sound fictional to some of our friends here, but we can't deny the fact that there is more to existence than what scientists know for now.
But if it sounds fictional to you, call it fictional.
He who has ears let him hear.

Now let me say this clearly,
Satan/lucifer/Devil and his followers (Demon) has suffered legendary defeat and hilarious humiliation from God.
Satanic angels posed as deities and made humans worship them.
They did this in order to put a strong barrier between man and God and also enjoy the submission and attention given to them by man.
God out of jealousy and anger,
and the eager to reclaim supremacy on earth because
he's the emperor/ruler/king of heaven. God chose some men and used them as his battle sword.
Elijah was one of them, including moses and many others.
God used this men to cause havoc in the lives of satan followers. Jehova humiliated Baal and made him lose respect.
Jehova plagued Egypt and the egyptian gods couldn't do anything than sat back and kept shut, the never tried to dare God.
What a mighty God we serve.

Generations passed. Missionaries came to africa, God used them to humiliate our ancestral gods which are of satan.
And this humiliation
always make satan lose worshipers. Because if God couldn't make our deities and chief-priests seem powerless, most of we christians today in Nigeria would definitely have remained pagans.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
This aggrieved lucifer(satan).
Being a very intelligent Archangel full of wisdom, he realized that he will not win the war of Energy vs Energy.
right from the day he rebelled against God to this present age, him and his followers
Has suffered numerous defeat in the El-clasico between him and God.

Satan is a great and desperate campaigner of doom.
He knows that he has only but a little time
to deceive humanity.
For this reason, he has explored every area of life, trying to manipulate it and turn it against the will of God.

Now that it has become obvious to man that the energy from God is more cleaner, safe and powerful than that of his ancient rival (satan).

What do we expect satan to do as a wise Being that he is? Of course change his mode of battle by seeking for more deadly
Weapons, in other to win the war by any means.
And one of this weapons is ATHEISM.
Atheism can be addressed as a state of being in Default state, Not believing in anything.

But satan knows that when you are in default state, you are doubting God and this makes him have an edge over you than God.

Satan made a very wise move by inventing atheism.
Because presently, it is more like a 'chemical weapon' without an antidote.
We can't fight atheism with prayers just like we fight witchcrafts, sorcery, paganism, voodoo and so on.

We can't fight atheism with logic. Presently, its logic is undeniably superior than ours regarding some of the things we know today as fact.

The only valid way to fight atheism is by Providing proves that are beyond reasonable doubt and not threatening it with hell and eternal damnation.
No amount of bible passages can make most atheists have a rethink. Why?
Because some of the foundation materials which was used to lay the foundation of Atheism was from the bible.
What are those materials?
They are contradictions, what seems like myths because the cannot be proven mathematically and some other factors.

Satan is an intellect, highly sophisticated, extremely intelligent and very manipulative, But the I AM THAT I AM is greater than him.

We should know how the satan used some verses inside the same bible of God(his rival) to tempt JESUS, doesn't that show us
The caliber of intelligence and smartness this satan possess.
This satan is the same being that is making the contradictions in the bible
an internal arrow to weaken some young Christians, give atheists reasons to condemn our faith.
but it doesn't shake
People that are very intelligent in the Lord.

Most Religion doesn't face scrutiny and Atheistic challenge like Christianity does,
Isn't your sixth-sense telling you something?

Devil knows that those Religion doesn't pose any threat to his kingdom, they are conquered territory!
But since he hasn't conquered Christianity and will never, he now wants to fight us from within by bringing in wolves in sheep's clothing
(fake pastors) to deceive weak Christians and extort money from them and rubbish
The church of God.

in this course, some will say "Christianity has failed, their clergymen are fraudstars, the church is full of corruption and hypocrites, hence I cease to be religious"
some has stopped going to church because of this.
Is it their fault? No, its of the devil's and also their fragile faith.

The Devil is a liar and heartless, how many more people does he want to send astray.
Christians should watch and pray
In the end God's will shall be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
SenatePresdo:
N.B; This is a free thread, irrespective of your Religious view, you all are welcomed. Just focus on what I'm about to write. But however, I will try my best to make every Nomad, eskimo and headhunter
Thank you.

But the rate at which young Christians turn into agnostics/atheists is quite disheartening.

Instead of this section to make them grow in spirit, it instead make them lose faith drastically.

Scientists only Explains God's handiwork more intelligently than our Stone age authors of the bible.
Saying that God inspired them in writing it is correct, but they couldn't understand the science behind what God inspired into them, because they weren't educated.
Even the future generation scientists will explain it much more intelligently and detailed than we are doing now.
This future scientists would most likely debunk some of our today's scientific theories.

Assuming time machine eventually become a reality, and a Professor of physics from 3016 A.D visits us now to teach us physics,

So for the fact that our stone-age men account of the earth doesn't sound intelligent to us, shouldn't give us the guarantee to call all of their works and experiences MYTHS AND LEGENDS. Unless you are saying they never observed or experienced anything
So I don't see why someone will stop believing in God because of the explanation of an uneducated stone-age man that doesn't have much knowledge and wanted to write it in a way that his fellow stone-age men will understand.

Personally as a Christian and also a moralist, I'm neither against nor in support of atheism.
Besides we have freedom of worship and thoughts and if anybody decides to stay in default mode(atheism), it's their choice.
And moreover God gave us free-will, and I can't be openly against anybody that flaunts his/her Free-will by

Anybody that has common sense and also knowledgeable in science, who has ever seen intelligent atheists debate, will not deny being agnostic for at least (5)seconds, irrespective of your religious background.
So I don't blame atheists/agnostics because I can't deny that logically, they have some convincing reasons to be one.

I'm not here to prove the Existence of God, because that is what most atheists wants.
[size=20]
Only God can prove himself and not mere humans like us.[/size]
Any attempt by a Christian to prove an Almighty God with our little mortal mind will fail and might also sound Dogmatic, fictional and unconvincing to our Atheistic friends and people with common sense.

The bolded is gold: You agree God is impossible to prove yet somehow you also claim to know [believe] it exists - That's the problem.

Since God is unprovable there is no way for you to know if such entity exists so it's basically a blind belief one you shouldn't expect everyone to conform to - not everyone has what it takes to exercise blind faith on something as critical as God(s)

Agreed ancient men wrote profoundly and passionately though limited by their lack of sophisticated tools and advancement, their works are eloquent and beautiful but naive, it is not wrong to still call it naive.

Nobody have a problem with these ancient works rather the problem arises when people maintain that everything in those works is the truth not minding the ignorance, naivete, fallibility of the humans involved.

So why not wait till God proves himself and stop being confined only to the pages of a book, in that way all would rather KNOW there is one and not BELIEVE - Only a man made God needs man to make itself known to man.

Moreover i do not know if there is pot of green tea in Uranus now. it is just as impossible to prove as God - so i see no reason believing it.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by Dreal11247: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
The teachings of Christianity is supposed to convince and convict one of the genuinity of the Almighty God. Obeying His teachings brings joy and fulfillment to our lives.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Now that the burden of prove is on God, and not on we Christians.
is he going to prove himself and sanctify his holy name to the nations of the world? Yes, he will.
When? During Armageddon, some call it WorldWar3.

Now let us look into how and when God will prove himself to mankind once again

My fellow Christians and anybody that cares to know can go to the book of Ezekiel38&39.
As for those that doesn't have enough information as to understand that bible passage very well, I will extract and explain some key information from those passages in order to help some of us understand it very well while reading it.

Here are the key informations

magog: present day Russia.
Persia: present day Iran
far north: Geographically, Russia is located in Northern hemisphere very close to North-pole.
And we should also note that Russia and iran are present day allies, as it was written in the book of Ezekiel 2,500 years ago.
And now, Israel and Iran are covert Enemies/Rival in the middle East.
If you call it coincidence, ok.
But he who has ears let him hear.

Chapter 38 vs 15 says:
**Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army.**

Vs 16 ** you will come up against my people israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in later days that I will bring you against my land, so that the nations may know me, when I am hallowed in you, O gog, before their eyes. **

Chapter39 vs 7 says: **so I will make my holy name known in the midst of my people israel, and I will not let them profane my holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.

Vs 8. **surely it is coming, and it shall be done, "says the Lord God. "This is the day of which I have spoken.**

This prophecy has not yet com to past,
But if you are a ardent observer of Worldly political and military affairs, you may understand that this prophecy is not too far from Becoming a reality.

Christians should not bother to prove the existence of God by themselves as to convince atheists.
God himself will prove himself to all of us in later days, as he told Ezekiel.

Let the Devil continue enjoying his new invention(atheism) while it lasts.
Just like when man was ignorantly practicing Magic, sorcery and paganism without knowing It was satanic until it was proven To them.

Now, anybody that practices sorcery, magic and occultism of any type
knows that he is doing it against the will of God, because God condemns it.
Unlike when they practice it thinking it was a norm and judgment free.

CHRISTAINS BEHOLD HE COMETH, only a fool will say in his heart "There is no GOD

Peace be with US all.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by cloudgoddess(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
If one claims that a book is God-inspired then the contents of it should be factually accurate. It doesn't just "explain things in a less sophisticated way", the bible is simply wrong in most of it's claims about nature. As in 2 + 2 = 7 wrong. There are things written in the bible that directly contradict the laws of physics and chemistry.

And if you can admit that the writers of the bible were ignorant in their understanding of nature, then what reason is there to assume they were not just as ignorant in their understanding of God(s), his existence or lack thereof, and the qualities he allegedly possesses?

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by wiegraf: 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
this god that i assume has a healthy respect for 'freewill', does he want us to worship him? if so, why?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
SenatePresdo:
Thank you.

Only God can prove himself and not mere humans like us.

AFTER MORE THAN TWO DECADES OF MY LIFE, AND NEARLY FOUR YEARS ON NAIRALAND...

I CAN FINALLY SAY I MET A REASONABLE CHRISTIAN.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
SenatePresdo:
If we say that they haven't encountered God
and that is why it was easy for them to became atheistic, we are not getting it right.
Atheism is based on[b] Scientific discovery, Rational thinking and Logic[/b].
it is not based on Haven't encountered God

They are many Christians that haven't encountered God, yet they are still faithful. Some have encountered God, yet they deviated.

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING BRO, NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE HAS ENCOUNTERED GOD, NON EVER WILL.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2016
wiegraf:
this god that i assume has a healthy respect for 'freewill', does he want us to worship him? if so, why?

HE'S LIKE THE MOST UNSERIOUS PERSON IN HISTORY.

HE WANTS RESPECT AND EVERY MANNER OF PRAISE AND WORSHIP FROM WE TINY HUMANS, YET HE'S NOT WILLING TO MAYBE ONE OF THESE DAYS MAKE A PUBLIC SPEECH FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME. HE ONLY APPEARS TO MADMEN AND DRUNKARDS IN THEIR SLEEP AND EXPECTS US TO BELIEVE A LOCALLY AUTHOURED BOOK THAT LACKS AUTHENTICITY AND REALISM.
HE FOLDS HIS ARMS AND LET EVIL TAKE OVER THE WORLD IN HIS NAME, THERE ARE CHURCHES IN EVERY CORNER AND HOLE IN THIS COUNTRY ALL PERFORMING MAGIC WHILST HOLDING THE BIBLE.
THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD AND HE DOESN'T CARE TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR BY DOING SOME DRAMA, MAYBE APPEAR IN THE SKY AND PUT THINGS STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL... HE WANTS US TO MAGICALLY FIND OUT THE TRUE RELIGION, OR GO TO HELL WHERE WE'LL BURN FOR ETERNITY IF WE DON'T MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

I DON'T WANNA STRESS THROUGH GOING TO CHURCH AND SAYING ALBUMS OF PRAYERS THAT'LL FOREVER GO UNANSWERED, OR PAYING SALARY MONTHLY TO THE PASTORS IN THE NAME OF TITHE WHEN THEY LIVE BETTER LIVES THAN ME. MOST OF THEM HAVE JETS AND EXPENSIVE SUV'S, MOST OF US CAN ONLY BOAST OF OUR NAIRALAND ACCOUNTS AND THAT'S REALLY WORTHLESS CUZ SEUN GETS ALL THE BUCKS. undecided
I DON'T WANNA BE WEARING APRONS FOR PROTECTION LIKE THE CHOOSEN MOPOLS OR WASTE MY MONEY ON CATHOLIC STATUES AND SACRAMENTALS HOPING THEY'LL SAVE ME FROM ACCIDENTS AND ROBBERY, OR SPENDING BUCKS ON TB JOSHUA'S ANOINTING WATER AND OIL, THAT'S FUCKKD UP... AND WHEN I DIE I'LL STILL GO TO HELL ANYWAY CUZ ITS ISLAM THAT IS THE TRUE RELIGION, OR JUDAISM, OR REGGAE.

MAN I'M JUST GONNA SIT HERE ROLLING UP AND SMOKING MA JUMBO SIZE WEED UNTIL THE LAST DAY, THEN WHERE EVER I FALL IN IS MY GAIN OR LOSS.

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH RELIGION, BUT AS AN EMPATH IT FEELS BAD KNOWING THAT PEOPLE PUT THEIR HOPES IN GOD AND STILL GET DISSAPOINTED.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by flamingREED(m): 5:26am On Jul 04, 2016
cloudgoddess:
If one claims that a book is God-inspired then the contents of it should be factually accurate. It doesn't just "explain things in a less sophisticated way", the bible is simply wrong in most of it's claims about nature. As in 2 + 2 = 7 wrong. There are things written in the bible that directly contradict the laws of physics and chemistry.

And if you can admit that the writers of the bible were ignorant in their understanding of nature, then what reason is there to assume they were not just as ignorant in their understanding of God(s), his existence or lack thereof, and the qualities he allegedly possesses?

For your information, there's no claim of the Bible that is wrong.

I've been in this battle for years.

You can open a thread for you and me only and see how I'll prove the Bible right and you blindingly wrong.

I'm my God's swordsman.

Thanks.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by johnydon22(m): 5:30am On Jul 04, 2016
flamingREED:

You can open a thread for you and me only and see how I'll prove the Bible right and you blindingly wrong.

I'm my God's swordsman.

Thanks.

Isn't it remarkable how an omnipotent God always needs you for it's struggles, always needs you to speak for it - it is really remarkable.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by flamingREED(m): 5:52am On Jul 04, 2016
johnydon22:

Isn't it remarkable how an omnipotent God always needs you for it's struggles, always needs you to speak for it - it is really remarkable.

So why does the government of your country that has all power and authority not reach out to you on one-on-one basis.

But God is the author of hierachy and uses it.

So, He speaks to me and I speak to you.

He could have spoken to you as He speaks to me,
But the problem is since Adam lost it to Satan,
Sinful man's sensitivity has been hijacked by darkness.

If you should hear His voice in your vile persuasion, it should shatter your every atom.

Moreover, a captain does not do every battle himself. He trains his lieutenants and relishes in the successes of those in whom he believes, because by His foreknowledge they are impregnably fit out!

But I prefer you open a thread.

I won't post to you here again.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by flamingREED(m): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

WHAT ARE YOU SAYING BRO, NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THE UNIVERSE HAS ENCOUNTERED GOD, NON EVER WILL.

I have:

The mistake atheistic scientists make is to think that they only make discoveries, and that their discoveries mean there's no God.

I have felt God's presence, His literal peace and Spirit's operation which are my own discoveries, which reinforce my belief in God.

This is also in spite of what atheists think. They think we're lying, but we know our discoveries are true. More so, our spiritual experiences being overwhelmingly delightsome than physical cum technological benefits, we accept and pursue a hope of A BETTER COUNTRY.

Eg, on a certain day I laid down on the floor, and as most men, facing up.
Then suddenly, I was filled with a sensation which itself was an absence of sensations -of pain, of heat, of whatever pressures of any degrees in any part of me -bone, tissue, cells, organs, systems and psychology.

That peace I can't describe, for the tongue of flesh and brain of mortal literacy fail me to frame it's excellency.

I was certain I felt heaven's atmosphere while I laid me down. It granted me absolute tranquility; I felt so free yet full; so healed, yet in a body; so pure, yet in a corrupt world. It so medicined me to such state and rapture that no clinician can restore any man or make as incredibly verdant.

My man, stop doubting, and never think your human thoughts would suffice to alienate us from Jehovah. Impossible.

And to the skeptic I say, it's better to come to terms with God and explore His grace in order to be on the better side and avoid cases that touch on the last day. God loves, lives, heals and helps. And to destroy His faith, no man can. His church will ever stand, 'tis written by His finger.

Heaven is His, so is wisdom and power, and the glory of asphyxiating innovations. Amen. His Spirit teach the minds of the sons of men even when they perceive it not.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 8:30am On Jul 04, 2016
johnydon22:

The bolded is gold: You agree God is impossible to prove yet somehow you also claim to know [believe] it exists - That's the problem.

Since God is unprovable there is no way for you to know if such entity exists so it's basically a blind belief one you shouldn't expect everyone to conform to - not everyone has what it takes to exercise blind faith on something as critical as God(s)

Agreed ancient men wrote profoundly and passionately though limited by their lack of sophisticated tools and advancement, their works are eloquent and beautiful but naive, it is not wrong to still call it naive.

Nobody have a problem with these ancient works rather the problem arises when people maintain that everything in those works is the truth not minding the ignorance, naivete, fallibility of the humans involved.

So why not wait till God proves himself and stop being confined only to the pages of a book, in that way all would rather KNOW there is one and not BELIEVE - Only a man made God needs man to make itself known to man.

Moreover i do not know if there is pot of green tea in Uranus now. it is just as impossible to prove as God - so i see no reason believing it.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by realmindz: 9:43am On Jul 04, 2016
flamingREED:

I'm my God's swordsman.

Thanks.
Pls read thru this thread and tell me about a perfect bible www.nairaland.com/3162298/explain-bible-verse
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2016
[quote author=johnydon22 post=47176692]

that is the problem with most Christians, they don't adjust to reality.
Even Jesus re-addressed some of the things written in the bible, the bible is not always absolutely correct that will last from Ages to Ages.

So why not wait till God proves himself and stop being confined only to the pages of a book,

it is not wise to say that i believe in God only because of the Bible written thousands of years ago.
And the only passages in the bible that a sincere Christian can boldly claim is Directly from God are the PROHECIES/REVELATIONS which has always been coming to past.

Those ones that we claim are written by inspiration from God, which contradicts the laws of science are not correct.
Moses wasn't a scientist, so he wrote it based on his own knowledge. And moreover the bible didn't record that God showed him how he created the earth. Because that would have been a jackpot for you atheists if he showed him, and later for it to contradict with science.

So, Personally, I believe in God because I have experienced his presence and manifestation, maybe you haven't.

Mathematically, chemically and metaphysical, I don't know in detail the Force that is doing all that..hence let that force be God. Until johnyddon22 derives the final answer in the year 4006 A.D.
in that way all would rather KNOW there is one and not BELIEVE - Only a man made God needs man to make itself known to man.
There is nothing like one god, they
are many God(s).
But the most noticeable difference is that Yahweh is the most powerful of all God(s).

As a sensible man, its okay for you to wait until God(Yahweh) proves himself.
But what if we won't be present when he will prove himself

I wish I can find an
elixir-wine to give you, so that you can last longer until when God proves himself.

we call upon God in heaven and do miracles.
if you can call upon the name of A green tea in uranus, and make a lame man walk, I will have a rethink and maybe believe there is actually a green tea in uranus.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by Scholar8200(m): 9:55am On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

You lack proof for this claim sir! You are not the single person in the Universe hence speak for yourself! angry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by Scholar8200(m): 10:00am On Jul 04, 2016
We encounter God not with the head but the heart.

When the heart is satisfied by Him, the head may multiply words to express what the heart feels but words will always be incompetent! (this is why no amount of words used to describe things spiritual can accurately convey it except there is a personal experience)

Hence, wanting God or His Word to satisfy your very limited intellect before you believe may NEVER happen!
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:17am On Jul 04, 2016
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:20am On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

This sounds strict.
And what makes you think NON has encountered God and WILL NEVER encounter God.
You are not Upto 100yrs, and you want to claim that you know something that might have happened 200yrs ago talk more off 10,000 to 20, 000 years ago.
Can you even say what will happen in the next milliseconds, how much more ages to come.
You can't just come and claim that nobody has encountered God. How many people have you met.
If the ones that have encountered him tells now, you will say they are drunkards and madmen.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
We encounter God not with the head but the heart.

When the heart is satisfied by Him, the head may multiply words to express what the heart feels but words will always be incompetent! (this is why no amount of words used to describe things spiritual can accurately convey it except there is a personal experience)

Hence, wanting God or His Word to satisfy your very limited intellect before you believe may NEVER happen!
Is This The New Tactic U Religious People Use Personal Experience ??
Didn't God Show His Power During Elijah Time?? My Guy Wake Up This Is The Real World

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2016
johnydon22:

God is not struggling like you said, just that everything has protocol.

God only needs us because to him, we are more like an invention.

To illustrate: if you develop a software, and it later became corrupt because a fellow Guru developed a malware that corrupted it, won't you also develop another software (anti-virus) to eradicate that malware?

So I think God still need men to do some of his works.
You can't make/have a broom in your house and still sweep with your hand because you are somewhat omnipotent.

It doesn't even sound rational.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2016
SenatePresdo:
This sounds strict.
And what makes you think NON has encountered God and WILL NEVER encounter God.
You are not Upto 100yrs, and you want to claim that you know something that might have happened 200yrs ago talk more off 10,000 to 20, 000 years ago.
Can you even say what will happen in the next milliseconds, how much more ages to come.
You can't just come and claim that nobody has encountered God. How many people have you met.
If the ones that have encountered him tells now, you will say they are drunkards and madmen.

I'M GONNA GO GET A BEER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF SECONDS.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M GONNA GO GET A BEER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF SECONDS.
That is only a claim because only you knows if you actually bought the beer or not.
You cannot claim that ancient men never encountered God.
this your claim is just based on freedom of speech.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
SenatePresdo:

That is only a claim because only you knows if you actually bought the beer or not.

You cannot claim that ancient men never encountered God.
this your claim is just base of freedom of speech.

LOL, COME TO WHERE I STAY, THERE'S ALWAYS BEER IN MY FRIDGE cheesy
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by ireneony(f): 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
I doubt if there are any atheist in Nigeria cheesy..
The ones on nairaland are all jokers : grin
They might not go to church or mosque but it does not mean they are atheist grin...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL, COME TO WHERE I STAY, THERE'S ALWAYS BEER IN MY FRIDGE cheesy
Oh really?
Alright! com and take A noble prize in 'Seeing the Future'.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Is This The New Tactic U Religious People Use Personal Experience ??
Didn't God Show His Power During Elijah Time?? My Guy Wake Up This Is The Real World
Who says God has stopped showing his powers?
If you haven't seen God show his power, don't assume he no longer shows his power.
When someone that hasn't witnessed a Raw miracle speaketh you knoweth them.

Seek God in truth and in spirit, obey his words and he will show you directly or make you experience his powers.
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by CAPSLOCKED: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
SenatePresdo:

Oh really?
Alright! com and take A noble prize in 'Seeing the Future'.

THANKS, I FEEL REALLY HONORED BUT I THINK IT SHOULD GO TO YOUR CHRISTIAN VISIONARIES; TB JOSHUA AND THE OTHERS.

I'M NOT A VISIONARY, I ONLY SEE MYSELF GOING FOR MA BEER ALL THE TIME, THAT'S ALL! sad
Re: A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. by SenatePresdo(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THANKS, I FEEL REALLY HONORED BUT I THINK IT SHOULD GO TO YOUR CHRISTIAN VISIONARIES; TB JOSHUA AND THE OTHERS.

I'M NOT A VISIONARY, I ONLY SEE MYSELF GOING FOR MA BEER ALL THE TIME, THAT'S ALL! sad

LOL. Are you running away from seeing the future? I see.
since you are not a visionary, why did you made a bold claim that nobody will ever encounter God.
Most visionary tells their visions more like a prediction.
But you say yours with all boldness and certainty.
So I think the prize should go to you Mr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RCCG 64th Annual Convention : Amen; Aug 1-7 / Say A New Year Prayer For The Poster Above You! / Is It True, CCC And C&S Are Into Worship Of Water Spirit Without Knowing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.