Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,488 members, 7,801,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Canada Vs USA. Which Is Better For Nigerians At This Time? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Canada Vs USA. Which Is Better For Nigerians At This Time? (2257 Views)

Petrol Scarcity Again? It's Time For Nigerians To Go Electric / Solar-powered Cars For Nigerians By 2018 / American And Japanese Camry Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Canada Vs USA. Which Is Better For Nigerians At This Time? by Hala(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
I have been made to believe that it is cheaper to buy a used car from Canada than in USA due to the US-Canadian dollar differences against the Naira.

Is this a statement of fact or are cars from USA more trustworthy than Canada.

Let me know what you think.
Re: Canada Vs USA. Which Is Better For Nigerians At This Time? by AutoJoshNG: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hala:
I have been made to believe that it is cheaper to buy a used car from Canada than in USA due to the US-Canadian dollar differences against the Naira.

Is this a statement of fact or are cars from USA more trustworthy than Canada.

Let me know what you think.

Hello Hala,

It is a statement of fact. Presently, 1 Canadian Dollar equals 0.8 US Dollars.

This means you can save 20% on the purchase cost of a car which has the same value in both countries. Considering the current exchange rate, a 10,000 dollar car in USA will cost you 3,500,000 Naira while the same 10,000 Canadian dollar car in Canada will cost you 2,800,000 Naira. Some Americans also go to buy their cars in Canada for this purpose.

It is very easy to get the same car with the same value in both countries and take advantage of the exchange rate. However, there are fewer cars in Canada leaving you with less options to choose from.

Another downside is the extent of snow in Canada and the amount of salt used to melt the snow. This snow and salt may lead to increased rust in cars bought in Canada and states in the northern part USA. Cars bought in the southern USA states which have less or zero snow are usually not affected by this rust issue.

You also need to note that the shipping costs from Canada to Nigeria is usually quoted in USD and the mileage of Canadian cars is usually stated in kilometres. 160,000 mileage in Canada is 100,000 mileage in USA because the former is in kilometres and the latter is in miles.

AutoJoshNG

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy A Used Car Without Mechanic Assistance Pt1 / TOKUMBO TOYOTA AND LEXUS PARTS, ENGINES AND UNDERNEATHS / Affordable 2003 Toyota Camry Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.