Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User (48667 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Difference Between State University And Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Kobicove(m): 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jobless attention-seeker! undecided undecided
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Keep comparing fed unis with dignified secondary schools grin
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
Quit the generalization.there are many private universities i know that their code of ethics says lecturers MUST NOT collect any gift whatsoever from students or parents while the student is still a student of the school except he has graduated . Anyone caught will be taken to disciplinary panel.if found guilty will be immediately sacked.the purpose of this is to curtail students from having undue or illegal influence on their lecturers so that they can give them the grades they don't deserve

Secondly AN A,B or C student that has been having a good cgpa and suddenly had E or D will be invited by his course advisor or course coodinator to find out why he failed that course maybe it's health reasons,family problem or he's the one not taking his courses seriously again OR he doesn't like the course,the course advisor will find out and if for example he has been getting Bs and Cs in all his courses and he had a D in a particular course or lecturers have known him to be a serious student who has been doing well and suddenly he gets D which can soil his cgpa THE course advisor can step in by appealing to the lecturer on behalf of the student for him to do another assignment or test. Depending on the lecturer if he agrees he can take another test and if the student passes they will add that grade to his previous grade that he failed and divide it by 2 to push his grade up from D to C or B.no lecturer dashes students Mark even if you're buharis child. And that test can be conducted if Senate hasn't requested for the result to be voted.if not he will retake the course again. Therefore students in private universities earn their grades
In addition if a student feels he deserves AN A or B and the lecturer gave him c or d he has a right TO write a letter of complaint cc the lecturer involved, the HoD, the dean and course coordinator. He'll be given another opportunity to sit for the test exam or whatever an marked by an independent lecturer. If he passes and gets an A an apology letter Will be given to him and if he fails he's going on suspension and he must write apology letter to the lecturer for accusing him of incompetence.bottomline is every student is given AN opportunity to suceed or pass legitimately

Standing5:
You r talking trash man. It is public schools who don't do research and bribe, sort, cheat with phones, have no laboratories 'n good library. They are ever pulling private uni and their products down out of insecurity.

It appears you both are products of private universities. Hence, the emotional outbursts.

I'm not interested in a back & forth. It is general knowledge that lecturers from public universities make up the larger percentage of the academic circle in private universities which doesn't make what you're taught in private universities any different from public universities, the only difference is you're pampered and protected from academic rigour.

Some of my lecturers who work at private universities complain about having their hands forced to raise grades of students. One of the Drs. was refused a permanent transfer to the university because he had a problem with raising grades.

And from my personal experience, I've never been impressed by my interactions with historians from private universities at B.A, M.A & now PhD level. I mostly leave with 'wtf' do they teach y'all face.

Oh, and during my M.A period, there was a colleague from a private university who attempted to write his dissertation and the supervisor was forced to ask what school he was from out of disgust.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mcversatile(m): 3:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
MaQuin:
lies I don't believe
When the number of first class is higher than that of second class.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by ogtavia(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
well..its subjective...I av met graduates from private universities and most of them are knowledgeable...I graduated from a federal university so I am nt biased..my only issue with private uni graduates is laziness..most of them are a hit lazy..nt dull but just lazy...I mean with the facilities at their disposal..they av all takes to be way better..btw..their lecturers tho treat them better compared to public unis
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by hornybee(f): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
dhorlapo:
Could it be that this guy is just ranting… I thought some say Covenant university is one of the best around?

more tweets and photos in link here:- http://gidibest.com/2016/07/03/is-covenant-university-this-bad-see-what-this-guy-reveals-about-them/

Young doctors from private universities are currently d ones killin patients all over 9ja 2day #gofigure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by whiz10(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
since he doesn't have proof, to cement his stands. I all take it as cheap bad-mouthing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
9jacrip:

It appears you both are PROFUCTS of private universities. Hence, the emotional outbursts.

I'm not interested in a back & forth. It is general knowledge that lecturers from public universities make up the larger percentage of the academic circle in private universities which doesn't make what you're taught in private universities any different from public universities, the only difference is you're pampered and protected from academic rigour.

Some of my lecturers who work at private universities complain about having their hands forced to raise grades of students. One of the Drs. was refused a permanent transfer to the university because he had a problem with raising grades.

And from my personal experience, I've never been impressed by my interactions with historians from private universities at B.A, M.A & now PhD level. I mostly leave with wtf do they teach y'all face.

Oh and during my M.A period, there was a colleague from a private university who attempted to write his dissertation and the supervisor was forced to ask what school he was from out of disgust.
mr intelligent you know book well o grin

I like your spellings gan o grin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
mr intelligent you know book well o grin

I like your spellings gan o grin

cheesy

I typed all of that from an iPhone, I can be excused.

Back to the topic, do you have anything else you want to pull up other than emotional outbursts?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
9jacrip:

cheesy

I typed all of that from an iPhone, I can be excused.

Back to the topic, do you have anything else you want to pull up other than emotional outbursts?
o YEs grin
.so back to our earlier discussion

Research writing in private universities goes through a process
You do prefield which other public universities refer to as departmental seminars

Before you get to the stage of defending your chapters 1-3 your thesis goes through a phase which they check for plagarism.if you're caught, you're expelled, after YOUr chapters 1-3scales through and is approved by the departmental committee after your defence you can then proceed to the field and come back to defend the whole chapters. Those processes are rigorous and you're given an ultimatum of 1year to finish it
Therefore private university students do not buy their certificates as people erroneously think. They Labour to earn it.no millions can buy it

As per your typo error and blaming your phone, no you cannot be excused.you see grin

You see your life outside cheesy

After Now you will be boasting up and down that you have a postgraduate degree from unilag or uniben or university of ibadan.shioorrr tongue

Blaming the iPhone for the error as if it's the iPhone that typed itself. You see part of what we're talking about grin
ayiti kofale ifa tin she grin

Graduate of public university enle o grin

It's only an inefficient farmer that will blame his tools for not harvesting his farm produce grin

By the way thanks for the information. Now we know you're using an iphone tongue

You can Now proceed to use that information to collect money from zenith bank tongue

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Efriday1:
Keep comparing fed unis with dignified secondary schools grin
see another one.he can't even type properly tongue

Shoraye elode tongue

What is fed unis.say FEDERAL UNIVERSITY

This person just justified the statement one of these our politicians made that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. Can you just imagine what these federal universities are churning out for goodness sakes.After endless strikes.nawa o tongue

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
hornybee:

Young doctors from private universities are currently d ones killin patients all over 9ja 2day #gofigure
pictoral evidences or die jealous tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
o YEs grin
.so back to our earlier discussion

Research writing in private universities goes through a process
You do prefield which other public universities refer to as departmental seminars

Before you get to the stage of defending your chapters 1-3 your thesis goes through a phase which they check for plagarism.if you're caught, you're expelled, after YOUr chapters 1-3scales through and is approved by the departmental committee after your defence you can then proceed to the field and come back to defend the whole chapters. Those processes are rigorous and you're given an ultimatum of 1year to finish it
Therefore private university students do not buy their certificates as people erroneously think. They Labour to earn it.no millions can buy it

As per your typo error and blaming your phone, no you cannot be excused.you see grin

You see your life outside cheesy

After Now you will be boasting up and down that you have a postgraduate degree from unilag or uniben or university of ibadan.shioorrr tongue

Blaming the iPhone for the error as if it's the iPhone that typed itself. You see part of what we're talking about grin
ayiti kofale ifa tin she grin

Graduate of public university enle o grin

It's only an inefficient farmer that will blame his tools for not harvesting his farm produce grin

By the way thanks for the information. Now we know you're using an iphone tongue

You can Now proceed to use that information to collect money from zenith bank tongue

Look at your keyboard, you'd find the D & F keys are neighbours and my typing products as 'profucts' should not be much of a biggie to you - as a private university graduate, your mind should have known it was an excusable gaffe but I'll leave you to bask in it.

Speaking of errors; you should learn paragraphing, punctuations, spacing, spelling, use of caps and lastly not to use colloquial type of expression. Your posts carring these errors is the reason why serious academics & employers find it hard to take private universities & their products serious.

To the content of your post. Giving a run down of how a research is written is one thing, being able to actually write a research from the first chapter to the last is another.

I suppose you exams & research in your school were written using the many grammatical drama you've showcased in your posts?

SMDH.

7 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
9jacrip:

Look at your keyboard, you'd find the D & F keys are neighbours and my typing products as 'profucts' should not be much of a biggie to you - as a private university graduate, your mind should have known it was an excusable gaffe but I'll leave you to bask in it.

Speaking of errors; you should learn paragraphing, punctuations, spacing, spelling, use of caps and lastly not to use colloquial type of expression. Your posts carring these errors is the reason why serious academics & employers find it hard to take private universities & their products serious.

To the content of your post. Giving a run down of how a research is written is one thing, being able to actually write a research from the first chapter to the last is another.

I suppose you exams & research in your school were written using the many grammatical drama you've showcased in your posts?

SMDH.
if you don't see perfection in my typing

Perfect grammar,diction and every thing then you're blind wink
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by hornybee(f): 12:59am On Jul 06, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
pictoral evidences or die jealous tongue

U go wait tire. We all know dat 95 percent those students in PUs all wished they got admission into a FU. Buh wishes ain't horses becos they couldn't pass JAMB/post-UME lol.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 06, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
see another one.he can't even type properly tongue

Shoraye elode tongue

What is fed unis.say FEDERAL UNIVERSITY

This person just justified the statement one of these our politicians made that Nigerian graduates are unemployable. Can you just imagine what these federal universities are churning out for goodness sakes.After endless strikes.nawa o tongue

By fed unis I meant federal universities, not federal university! Now to you sentence(s).
1. After endless strikes:this statement is not a complete sentence. It's supposed to be a subordinate clause. I guess you know what that means.
2. Can you just imagine what these federal universities are churning out for goodness sakes.: it is not clear whether this statement is a question or an exclamation, and yet it is not a simple statement. Btw goodness sakes is not colloquial. Did you mean goodness sake?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Lush100(m): 6:12am On Jul 06, 2016
whatever side you align, just make sure you got nothing against U I (in terms of giving u good &_quality stuff).
if u are in doubt go for undergrad or Master.
(I only had prob with their administrative organization).
I've also studied in another High ranking school and got views from people who have been to other schools sling with UI.

my candid view
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by slydog(m): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2016
9jacrip:

The emboldened part is a major lie.

As a post M.A student who has some level of rapport with my lecturers at B.A level, I've come to understand that some private universities actually solicit for marks from lecturers on behalf of their students.

School authorities in a particular private university in Osun state beg lecturers to raise grades of E & F students based on the consideration of money paid.

And from my interactions with graduates from private universities - Covenant, Babcock, Bowen & Redeemers; I've come to a conclusion that they lack the rigour of research/academia. What I'm trying to say is that they're being taught the basic, they're aware of surface information (as far as History as a discipline goes) but further analysis and in-depth research seems not to be their thing.

I mostly don't take them serious but I do not brush them off either.

Dude, I graduated from a private university with a cgpa of 3.93 on a scale of 5. While serving I was tauted that my sch gave free marks that's why there's plenty of first class and upper degrees from the school. I took that as a challenge, I went to a top 6 federal university for masters, despite the fact that they didn't want to give me admission because 'by the time they start advanced microeconomics, I will be lost due to my first degree background' I managed to get the admission, of course I had to prove my mettle. Long story short, I and the course rep emerged best graduating student with cgpa of 4.14/5, now will you still compare I & the course rep who had his first degree from the sch and knows his way round all the lecturers? Am not saying he's not smart, but I proved a point. Today this dept now accepts private university graduates.
They had no choice but to offer me doctoral admission which am presently on.

Good enough you don't thrash us down tho...

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 10:50am On Jul 06, 2016
Efriday1:

By fed unis I meant federal universities, not federal university! Now to you sentence(s).
1. After endless strikes:this statement is not a complete sentence. It's supposed to be a subordinate clause. I guess you know what that means.
2. Can you just imagine what these federal universities are churning out for goodness sakes.: it is not clear whether this statement is a question or an exclamation, and yet it is not a simple statement. Btw goodness sakes is not colloquial. Did you mean goodness sake?
read with understanding however if you can't understand I cannot help you

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by mrwonlasewonie: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2016
hornybee:

U go wait tire. We all know dat 95 percent those students in PUs all wished they got admission into a FU. Buh wishes ain't horses becos they couldn't pass JAMB/post-UME lol.
then die jealous tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by vision202020: 11:59am On Jul 06, 2016
Don't really want to take sidfes but why are some job adverts always excluding graduates from private universities from applying?
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by gungab(m): 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
see fipa of d highest order
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
ladyF:
He probably applied to a private uni and couldn't go eventually. So what was the next step for him? Start badmouthing the school of course... angry

More often than not, it's the other way around.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Kunberg: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
Lol
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by MartinsIfeco1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2016
dhorlapo:
Is Covenant University This Bad? See What This Guy Said About Them

Could it be that this guy is just ranting… I thought some say Covenant university is one of the best around?

:- http://gidibest.com/2016/07/03/is-covenant-university-this-bad-see-what-this-guy-reveals-about-them/
Glorified University keeeh
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by demmymoney(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2016
The comparism here is pointless........Wat I know is dat wen we youths reach the ages of 45-50,people who went to public university will be the ones in the future working for their mates who went to private university **quote me**

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by seangy4konji: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
all the stories up there no concern me...

Na make bank account gara na hin matter...if you like collect phhhhd from Havard and be broke...

U die well...

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
In my own opinion, priv university in Nigeria is yet not up to the task and as such not considered a better option on fed uni.

They are just out there to make money dats all.
Check d history of the owners of any private uni in nija u will see dey are all in in for money turn over.

No serious analytic approach to educational enterprise rather an unwholesome retarding ethical standards dat leaves their student a social misfit.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by KingRex1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
All I know is that I'll give more credits to the guy who gets a second class upper under harsh conditions than he who gets same in a spoon fed condition

1 Like

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by biolaowo(m): 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2016
Am a final year std of fed uni.., I met a a master std that graduated from a private uni., fine babe the stress really showed on her face after 4yrs in a uni she can't withstand a 2yrs stress in oau.......the bitter fact is we have things in common
(1) The both uni are not well funded (both private and public)
But u can't compare the lectures and std I remember a prof in my dept that left part time job simply because the std doesn't know anything....
IRONY OF LIFE THE PRIVATE UNI GRADUATE GETS better jobs nowadays
Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by TonyRoland(m): 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
mrwonlasewonie:
Painment

In private universities the lecturers are monitored by established institutional frameworks set in place to avoid exchange of vagina for grades,exchaging students Mark with each other and other vices we see in public universities .if a student complains about sexual harassment by a lecturer and the student fails they will check her past records whether that's her trend, find out whether she's an A,B or C student. Another exam will be conducted for her in that particular course and iF she fails she will go on suspension for slander and telling wicked lies against the lecturer. She will also be the one to pay an entirely different lecturer for his services,stay in the university guest house and his feeding who the school will hire (something similar to external examiner) who will mark her work but iF she passes the course that's the end of that lecturers career.he cannot work in that university or any other university because letters will be sent to other universities.

So what that person typed is complete balderdash. Every student in private university EARNS whatever grades they get irrespective of the millions they pay as school fees and by the way the school fees is payment of services and efficient service delivery so that his or her 4 years Will be 4years and have easy access to university facilities and services

On the other hand public university lecturers that fail students do it out of ego to show they're still the boss or they know more than the student. In some cases if the student in a public university is asking too much questions and the lecturer can't answer it the lecturer might start bullying the student academically and suffocate his intelligence /quest for more knowledge till he becomes a passive student

So stop comparing death and sleep because they're incomparable
u are really on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Covenant University And OAU Ife Compared By A Twitter User by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Standing5:
You r talking trash man. It is public schools who don't do research and bribe, sort, cheat with phones, have no laboratories 'n good library. They are ever pulling private uni and their products down out of insecurity.
So ur point is that BIS is better than uniben. Or private university is better than federal university?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUP strike has been called off / Hilarious Final Year Sign Out: Check Photos / Obidients Get Ready To Retire Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.