Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:16 PM

Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today (21423 Views)

Lagos Starts Total Evacuation Of Tankers On Apapa-oshodi Expressway / Fayose To Inaugurate EGEM, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshalls Against Fulani / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by oloworulz(m): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2016
NzeeChuks:

So you think if ALL the Igbos leave Lagos, the state will remain the same? Then you guys will realize that 'you never know what you have until you lose it'.

I believe each tribe has its specific role to play towards the development of this and any State.
it's a fact , Lagos will be stronger , wot u ppul don't know is DAT u are just temporary resident, the only ppul we will miss is the Hausa's. I don't know why many of u leave ur States to come and develop lagos
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by bams2999(m): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2016
gud work
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Eeroh95(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lagos State is a Model State.

Keep leading the way Ambode.
you are a slowpoke... ..i wish your name defines you..coz you don't know what hawkers go through
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Eeroh95(m): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2016
oloworulz:
there is no alternative. let the Igbo boys pack their load and return to their state
dumb quote.. .i dont have anything to say to you
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by bakynes(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2016
oloworulz:
it's a fact , Lagos will be stronger , wot u ppul don't know is DAT u are just temporary resident, the only ppul we will miss is the Hausa's. I don't know why many of u leave ur States to come and develop lagos
Which Lagos them dey develop sef. You come to lagos to do business and hustle we tax you and use the money to build our fatherland. No be 90% Yorubas dey work for Lagos State Civil Service, Ministry of Works, no be Yorubas be House of Assembly Members, Lagos state Governor and Local council chairman no be Yoruba dem b.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by truthspeaks: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2016
Cos I expect u to do ur job of tryin to influence opinion in favor of Buhari/Apc argument irrespective of how harsh its policies might be
madridguy:
Why bro?

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by loopman: 11:36am On Jul 04, 2016
[size=15pt]Lagos state should be vigilant and proactive. Some of these hawkers are IPOB members and homegrown terrorists in waiting that could easily pack bombs in their wares to cause massive havoc on Lagos highways. grin grin
SAY NO TO HIGHWAY HAWKING[/size]

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by 4reala(m): 11:49am On Jul 04, 2016
madridguy:
Ambode Plz don't add to people suffering. No one is happy doing street/highway hawking but man must chop. Don't just ban street hawking provide alternative.

I stand with the masses.

yes, pls chanel dat Energy in clearing every bus_stops of this hudlums collecting money dey neva worked for. Ie "owo mi da" boys. Please clear dis pple off d roads and provide alternative for the street hawkers before anything else
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 04, 2016
The remarks made by some people on this post is most appalling.

Mention one city in the world that isnt developed by outsiders, Lagos is not for 1 tribe it belongs to everybody. angry

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Omoluabi16(m): 11:54am On Jul 04, 2016
mercyville:
I don't know why you comment with so much impunity like this when it was not instigated.Be an Omoluabi...
Like me... smiley
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by seguntijan(m): 12:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
I will prefer main road(Class A and Class B) hawker to be prosecuted but prosecuting street hawking is not only wrong but inhumane,i know so many families that live solely on this. Where is NLC to protest against Ambode policy on hawking. oh! It doesn't involve crude oil. SMH!!!
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Rolings: 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
anonimi:
Just like Fashola did with okada riders, Ambode is doing with roadside sellers.
Use and dump like a cum-filled condom angry
Where is the INTEGRITY?
So much HYPOCRISY from this bunch of corrupt people.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915687_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3917481_img2016070230347_jpeg7f7190678c38325bb4de1a1daca80bc1

These are painful decisions that have to be made in order to turn Lagos into a world class city . It's still the same we that will complain when statistics come out showing no world class cities in Nigeria and here we have Lagos state trying to make Lagos a world class city and we still complain. Like a NLander mentioned majority of people doing street trading in Lagos have no business living in Lagos and can infact live better in other cities in the remaining 35 states .
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ofemmanu1: 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
oloworulz:
there is no alternative. let the Igbo boys pack their load and return to their state
Chikena!
Make dem go hawk for their eroded godforsaken land.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by anonimi: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rolings:
These are painful decisions that have to be made in order to turn Lagos into a world class city. It's still the same we that will complain when statistics come out showing no world class cities in Nigeria and here we have Lagos state trying to make Lagos a world class city and we still complain. Like a NLander mentioned majority of people doing street trading in Lagos have no business living in Lagos and can infact live better in other cities in the remaining 35 states .

All this your talk about world class cities, please permit me to ask you how many of such world class cities that you know currently do not have TAP water throughout the city and the state? How many have children NOT in school or in un-supervised, not-monitored schools.
How many?

Lawmaker scores Lagos Water Corporation low

A Lagos State lawmaker, Mr Saka Fafunmi, on Thursday expressed dissatisfaction at the performance of the state Water Corporation.

Fafunmi, a member of the Lagos State House of Assembly (LAHA), said in Ikeja that the corporation had not been able to justify statutory allocations to it.

The lawmaker, who represents Ifako-Ijaiye Constituency 1 at the assembly, spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

He said that the corporation had the capacity to generate much fund internally through water rates but had relied solely on government funding because of poor performance.

'' Anyone that is using water will be willing to pay for it; the corporation has not been giving us water.

"Is there any new community that Water Corporation has given water? People depend on boreholes; even government estates have industrial boreholes.

"Why do we keep pumping money into an agency that does not give us the desired results?'' he asked.

He noted that the Adiyan Waterworks was located at Ifako-Ijaiye, where many of the residents had resorted to digging boreholes as a means of getting water.

''A lot of people are falling sick because they don't drink clean water.

''In the same compound, where you have sewage, is where you have a borehole.

''There is no way you can manage the sewage that it will not leak and pollute the water; everyone drinking such is drinking contaminated water,'' he said.

The lawmaker urged the corporation to increase water reticulation and supply to residents.

From: http://www.punchng.com/politics/lawm...rporation-low/

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ofemmanu1: 12:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
kaeforum:
The remarks made by some people on this post is most appalling.

Mention one city in the world that isnt developed by outsiders, Lagos is not for 1 tribe it belongs to everybody. angry
You wanna know what is a mistake?!
Ask your parent.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ofemmanu1: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
frankline5:
What about ewagoin and Agege bread?
Sure you typed this s.hit from biabia land. You nothing bout Lagos.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by madridguy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
You got it wrong. APC/PDP matter should not enter people's source of income. We are talking about reducing the crime rate in our society yet we are frustrating people's legitimate source of livehood.

truthspeaks:
Cos I expect u to do ur job of tryin to influence opinion in favor of Buhari/Apc argument irrespective of how harsh its policies might be
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ofemmanu1: 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

That doesn't stop the redmudders from running there.
They call us ofe.mmanu as if they don't eat oils.
They call Ibadan brown roof republic as if they don't live in brown roofs.
They call us sufferisticated as if na we dey sell gala for highways.
They call us ewedu monster as if they don't eat draw soup.

They call our land SouthW.aste as if their land is not an eroded godforsaken land.
Chai yeeboe..
..awon weyrey hypocritic-mokeys, awon omo ale jati-jati.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Rolings: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
anonimi:

All this your talk about world class cities, please permit me to ask you how many of such world class cities that you know currently do not have TAP water throughout the city and the state? How many have children NOT in school or in un-supervised, not-monitored schools.
How many?

[img]http://yemitom.files./2012/12/mai-ruwa.png?w=546[/img]

I never said LAGOS IS A WORLD CLASS CITY but pointed out efforts towards making Lagos one. Surely Lagos will get there one day if we all support these efforts including the efforts aimed at making portable water available throughout Lagos state.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by MarineOne: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
madridguy:
You got it wrong. APC/PDP matter should not enter people's source of income. We are talking about reducing the crime rate in our society yet we are frustrating people's legitimate source of livehood.

I disagree, street hawking has been outlawed hence not a legitimate source. Its like justifying drug peddlers, the fact you feed and live based on a way of life or job does not make it legitimate.
Please them find a more legal way of conducting their businesses
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by amtalkin(f): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Some people are too foolish on Nairaland. They even had to mention my dear tribe.
We all know that tribe that every body in the family are hawkers.
Little children are not exempted ooooo.

Yorubas HAWK ANYTHING.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by omojeesu(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
anonimi:

Can you please explain HOW God will defend the powerless when he has given them power but they refused to use it?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by DobleO7: 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Let iya afeez and iya monsura find attachment in the street and leave highway ,
They re not used to highway selling until igbo boys influenced them.
They will surely find their way out,this is child's play compared to what fashola did to iyalojas.
They still survive by attaching to those that have shops arround.
Highway hawking should be scrapped.

Smart one. The Igbos influenced them into street hawking. So what happens to the proceeds from the hawking? does it go to the Igbos?

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by kayceeD2(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
oloworulz:
At least u should be reasonable for once
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
b0rn2fuck:
I was not brought up with a silver spoon, I had to go through struggle, its better this people engage themselves in factory work earning a little or return to their village and do petty things to give themselves a better life. I have always hate street hawking either you are earning comfortable or getting no job at the moment ,for some reason, I see the road hawking habit as unfavorable to economic development of nigeria, it makes the country look dirty particular Lagos, if these people can seek around for something better or go back to where they can resettle, at least I survive through hardship and give myself a meaningful today, will never hawk on the road and will never allow a single family do.
Someone with the experience you just narrated can't be going with such moniker
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by omojeesu(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
anonimi:

Can you please explain HOW God will defend the powerless when he has given them power but they refused to use it?
Thanks.

1. People deserve the people they vote for.
2. Politicians are mostly deceivers so its difficult to know sincere ones.
3. They even rig elections.
4. But as long as we say democractic rule is what we want we'll continue to vote for those
who present themselves - good, bad and ugly - hoping we'll get it right.

As for God's role, if we sincerely invite Him
-He can help inspire patriots and capable ones to contest.
-He can change the hearts of crooked leaders to do the right for the prople
-He can guide us in voting.
-He can prevent rigging.
-He can get them removed for usefuls ones to replace them

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by anulaxad(m): 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
sinistermind:

You just had to be tribalistic because you saw "uche". What of the Yoruba woman and her kids hawking pure water at Ketu? What about the Hausa man selling tomatoes on Mile 12 bridge? It is really saddening the way some of you reason.

I just hope you understand that the majority of Yoruba people are not as ignorant and as hateful as that tribalist, Ambode indeed does need to help find alternatives for the hawkers.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ngozi123(f): 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Instead of cutting off these people's livelihoods, why didn't the Lagos State Government try to increase legal job opportunities for skilled and non-skilled workers living there. At least that way, you're only 'shifting' the workforce from an undesirable field to a more desirable one. This will have a terrible affect on the poorest of the poor in Lagos- I expect to see more beggars on the street as a result of this, unfortunately.

Smh at those on here who see this as an opportunity to abuse certain tribes. Lagos is the former federal capital so it has loads of people from many different tribes living and working there, including the hawkers. When you ridicule them, you're also ridiculing your own tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by sinistermind(m): 2:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
anulaxad:

I just hope you understand that the majority of Yoruba people are not as ignorant and as hateful as that tribalist, Ambode indeed does need to help find alternatives for the hawkers.

I know that for a fact bro... it is common knowledge that the yorubas are hospitable people. I was only amazed at the direction he took his comment to.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ngozi123(f): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ofemmanu1:

They call us ofe.mmanu as if they don't eat oils.
They call Ibadan brown roof republic as if they don't live in brown roofs.
They call us sufferisticated as if na we dey sell gala for highways.
They call us ewedu monster as if they don't eat draw soup.

They call our land SouthW.aste as if their land is not an eroded godforsaken land.
Chai yeeboe..
..awon weyrey hypocritic-mokeys, awon omo ale jati-jati.

Why are you coming here to instigate more trouble? Please don't ruin our reputation as Igbo people; we mustn't stoop to that level. If you're going to insult the man then insult him at a personal level- if you like- just don't drag the whole of the Yoruba race into your bashings as some of them are good people.

1 Like

Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by Ngozi123(f): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
oloworulz:

There are more Yoruba street hawkers in Lagos than any other tribe so they will be the worst affected. It's not a good situation for anybody a part from the rich who just want to see less poor people on a day to day basis.
Re: Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today by anonimi: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
omojeesu:
1. People deserve the people they vote for.
2. Politicians are mostly deceivers so its difficult to know sincere ones.
3. They even rig elections.
4. But as long as we say democractic rule is what we want we'll continue to vote for those
who present themselves - good, bad and ugly - hoping we'll get it right.

As for God's role, if we sincerely invite Him
-He can help inspire patriots and capable ones to contest.
-He can change the hearts of crooked leaders to do the right for the prople
-He can guide us in voting.
-He can prevent rigging.
-He can get them removed for usefuls ones to replace them

Thanks for your detailed response.
Do you acknowledge that the politicians are not aliens or ghosts but were ordinary people/voters just like everyone else before they were voted into office?
Do the people have no role to play in:

- IDENTIFYING
- Sponsoring
- Volunteering

for good candidates to minimise the insincerity, rigging and other condemnable vices?
Going through the history of the oyinbo countries that we love to run to, would you know how the people worked and sacrificed to make their place better instead of SIMPLY waiting for God to intervene on their behalf ONLY?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MASSOB Protests In Anambra, Seeks Jega’s Removal / Boko Haram Retakes Bosso, Niger Republic / Atiku’s Witness Can’t Remember Date Of Presidential Election - The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.