Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account (12971 Views)

EFCC Probes Okonjo-Iweala, Fayose, Akpabio, Ali Modu Sherriff, Patience Jonathan / Ahmed Indimi's Fake Account Balance: A Lie Or Just A Misunderstanding? - Jaaruma / EFCC Probes Buhari’s Ministers For Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by apogeez(m): 4:45am On Jul 04, 2016
THE Economic and Fi­nancial and Crimes Com­mission (EFCC) has com­menced investigation into how a syndicate succeeded in transferring the sum of N216.66 million from the Central Bank of Nige­ria (CBN) account of the Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) into an il­legal account opened in the name of a company using the Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos branch of a new gen­eration bank.

EFCC is not only prob­ing the illegal transfer, the anti graft agency would also look into the role of the Police High Command in handling the petition earlier sent to it by the real owner of the Ibadan based company, Citadel Concepts Limited, whose company name was used to open the illegal account.

The company’s Managing Director, Mr Joseph Benja­min discovered the infrac­tion when he went to rec­oncile his account with the FIRS and was subsequent­ly, invited by the police to unravel how his company opened an unauthorised account.

Not satisfied with the police investigation which turned the table against him, Benjamin forwarded a petition to the office of Vice President, Profes­sor Yemi Osibanjo who directed Acting EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, to look into the matter.

A source at the commis­sion confirmed to Daily Sun that several people connected with the open­ing and operation of the account have been interro­gated, even though investi­gation is ongoing.

Daily Sun also gathered at the weekend that inter­rogators from EFCC have obtained documents from the affected bank men­tioned in the petition, the Corporate Affairs Com­mission, the three compa­nies connected with the fraud, the CBN and FIRS.

Another source said many officials of these or­ganisations were quizzed while forensic analysis of specimen of signatures used in opening the ac­count has been carried out.

The role of the police in an earlier petition to the office of the Inspector General of Police is also under scrutiny as a result of allegations made against the police in the cause of investigations by the com­mission.

For instance, part of the document submitted to the EFFC for investigation was to unravel why the police declined requests for the release of the case file to the Lagos State Di­rectorate of Public Pros­ecution and the trial of the petitioner for false in­formation under the penal code.

The anti graft agency would also unravel how far the police has gone in the arrest and interrogation of some highly placed people mentioned in the petition sent to it.

http://sunnewsonline.com/efcc-probes-illegal-transfer-of-n216-7m-from-cbn-to-fake-account/

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Where will our help come from....

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by mrbillz(m): 5:06am On Jul 04, 2016
This country issue sef don taya God

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Abeymills(m): 5:12am On Jul 04, 2016
Welcome to era of fantastication of d new reform corruption under d chief of staff in corruption himself his excellency mumudu bubuhari it's all zombified

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by MidasTouche01(m): 5:14am On Jul 04, 2016
Nowadays, when you are a polithifian, the fear of EFCC is the beginning of wisdom angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Taeewo(m): 5:21am On Jul 04, 2016
oga gan

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 04, 2016
I'm tired of hearing these figures. Let's go the China way. Death penalty for treasury looters. No one will steal a dime again sad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Prince081: 6:38am On Jul 04, 2016
Fantastically corrupt. We are marching forward.

May the soul of Fela Kuti rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by bamite(m): 6:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Nawao.. It seems all nigerians are criminals, except me and my family. Smh
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by ychris: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2016
i jst hope thz efcc probe of a thng ended well or yield good result..cos me av tired of investigatn here n there
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by veekid(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Na saraki own
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by lordhugo(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2016
I want to see convictions.

Everyday... ..arrest arrest

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Mopolchi: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2016
Enough of this trace, how much is really in your hands now Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by wayne4loan: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2016
"O lord what have we done to ourselves" .... Buhari wants to turn nigeria into a failed state like libya and somalia ..... Once a tyrant always a tyrant.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by AntiWailer: 8:00am On Jul 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
I'm tired of hearing these figures. Let's go the China way. Death penalty for treasury looters. No one will steal a dime again sad

This one that thieves and their wailing family are screaming Witch Hunt.

That time na Death Hunt dem go scream.

You will hear that they are killing PDP members alone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by damton(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
Corruption is Nigeria's Albatross.

I hope we get out of the woods before its to late.

May God help my country.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
EFCC, the most active agency in Government. Bravo!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Starships4u(m): 8:01am On Jul 04, 2016
Probing every where!! Do we think this is good FOR 9ja?? Wasting soo much time in probing and leaving out GOVERNANCE!!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
....... 1 million likes!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nkem4040: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2016
The owner of the account and company is a typical yoruba man...catch him red handed, he will start acting holy holy, and writing his yoruba Uncle Osinbajo. How can 215 million be transfered into your account like that? Whoever transfered it must know you, notified you of it and must be depending on you to withdraw it otherwise it's useless. He should be sent to Kirikiri and he will confessed.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 04, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Reference(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2016
Nothing more to say about this corruption thing.
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by raker300: 8:07am On Jul 04, 2016
Aisha Buhari needs her shopping money
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by mccoy47(m): 8:08am On Jul 04, 2016
mrkayusfit:
I concur!
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Wonderboy1(m): 8:11am On Jul 04, 2016
Money the root of all evil....
for your diesel engine generators check here https://www.nairaland.com/3012099/order-tokunbo-diesel-generators-spare
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Smithycool(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2016
So it has gotten to this?? shocked

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Potch: 8:13am On Jul 04, 2016
Abeymills:
Welcome to era of fantastication of d new reform corruption under d chief of staff in corruption himself his excellency mumudu bubuhari it's all zombified
That you and I are hearing about it indicates that the man at the helm of affair is a no-noncense person otherwise it would have been swept under the carpet like the previous government. You don't have to like him, it is your right, but please learn to criticize constructively.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by agitator: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2016
hmmmmmm from TSA, abeg make una no vex na who dey in-charge of FIRS? grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Probes Illegal Transfer Of N216.7m From CBN To Fake Account by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2016
The CBN needs thorough cleansing, it's been abetting corruption since time immemorial. I can't believe heads are not yet rolling in CBN despite its roles in DasukiGate and other scandals.

Same CBN who would secretly recruit relatives of the high and mighty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Hits N2.4billion Daily / Arewa Forum: Producing President In 2023 Not Exclusive Right Of South / Tribunal Judgment: CJN Constitutes Supreme Court Panel Next Week As PDP, LP File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.