Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate (20349 Views)

National Egg Production Takes Off In Ondo / CBN To Launch N10 Billion Fund For Egg Production / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Agricbusiness: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
It is no longer news that the Federal Government and TUNS Farms Nigeria Limited in Osun state signed a N25 billion agreement on the National Egg Production Scheme (NEGPRO). The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) scheme is an initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria designed to create jobs for Nigerians, remove hunger and alleviate poverty.

To attain its goal, NEGPRO will provide eligible Nigerians the opportunity to participate in profitable poultry businesses where continuous production of table egg takes place all year round. The scheme is also aimed at increasing the output of egg production in the country to 50 million table eggs daily by 2018 and a create one million jobs

Eggs produced from NEGPRO will service the following:

a. The National School Feeding Program,
b. Structured open market
c. Egg powder processors across the nation

Under the NEGPRO scheme, accredited layer farmers produce eggs with input supplied by entrepreneurs/stakeholder in the state. The entrepreneur/stakeholder will, in turn, off-take the eggs that are produced.

In general, the scheme workflow involves the following:

Accredited farmers set up structure and cage for layer birds.
Entrepreneurs/Stakeholders in feeds and day old chicks (DOC) approved for the NEGPRO scheme take up the provision of basic inputs to participating farmers
Following the approval of individual farmers and verification and certification of their layer farm pen/structures for stocking by NEGPRO officials of the state, NEGPRO farmers become eligible to collect DOCs, feeds and some stipend to run the farm from Entrepreneur/Stakeholder as a loan. With the input, the farmers commence poultry farming
Farmers return on weekly basis such that eggs produced from their individual farms are taken up by the approved entrepreneur/stakeholders
Entrepreneurs shall balance the account of individual farmers and share profit accordingly.
You can participate in any of these three categories, Click on the link below to read more

1. NEGPRO National Input producers/ suppliers
2. NEGPRO Entrepreneur
3. NEGPRO Farmers

Funding: The sum of N25 billion is to be provided through the Bank of Industry (BOI) under the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Anchor Borrowers scheme.

The following are eligible to access the fund:

a. National Input producers/ suppliers
b. State entrepreneurs

It is expected that each eligible entrepreneur would have one year moratorium bearing in mind that the production would not start until the seventh month

http://www.agribusinessinfo.com/agric-finance/understanding-national-egg-production-negpro-scheme-participate

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by NorthernParrot: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmm! Buhari and sense

Economic diversification

13 Likes

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by ministeriallist: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nice program, how can one participate?
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
State of Osun on the move cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by veekid(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
I think I'll like to take part in this

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Flexherbal(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
I like this!

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Olateef(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
O make brain.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by aminho(m): 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sai godiya
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by siraj1402(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
I knew TUNS will be the main man in this business, Aregbesola had been doing thing since the starting of his tenure which make Osun as the first in broiler production in the country. Ogbeni Initiative at work. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by erayo2GCA(m): 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
More details pls
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by PigMeat: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Keneking:
State of Osun on the move cheesy
say that when oil money stops flowing then i will take u serious.
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by JewelRegi(f): 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
I love this. Wish I can participate.
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sai Baba

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by erayo2GCA(m): 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
More details pls
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by tbaba1234: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
HOW TO APPLY AS A NEGPRO NATIONAL INPUT PRODUCER/SUPPLIER

To participate in NEGPRO (National Egg Production Scheme) as a national producer/supplier, the following criteria must be met:

Prospective producers/suppliers must be an indigenous company with a track record of expertise in the poultry sector for a minimum of 15 years
Prospective producers/suppliers must agree to comply with relevant standards and specifications as spelt out by the scheme technical committee
Prospective producers/suppliers must agree to comply with inputs prices and costing as specified by the scheme technical committee

Prospective NEGPRO producers/suppliers shall be selected in the following areas:

Pullet Day Old Chicks (DOC)
Feed Production
Drugs and Vaccines
Cages and Housing

Pullet Day Old Chicks

A national input producer/suppliers would be selected to produce and supply pullet Day old Chicks nationwide to state entrepreneurs. Selected producer/supplier must be a company with high pedigree and track record in Day old Chicks (DOC) supply and production.

Feed Production

Six national feed producers will be selected; one from each of the six geo-political zones in the country
The selected six national feed producers/suppliers will produce and supply feed to states entrepreneurs in the respective geo-political zone
The selected six national feed producers must agree to use the feed formulation as approved by the scheme technical committee

Drugs and Vaccines

A national supplier for drugs and vaccines would be selected. The company must possess excellent track record and network in the production and distribution of drugs and vaccines.

Cages and Housing

Suppliers would be selected to supply cages and housing to prospective state entrepreneurs and farmers requiring cages and housing
Cages and Housing must be in line with the scheme technical committee bearing in mind the temperature variation across different parts of the country.
NOTE: The NEGPRO National producers/suppliers are eligible to access fund from the 25 billion Naira set aside for the scheme under the management of Bank of Industry (BOI).

Interested suppliers/producers are to send a letter of intent by registered mail to the Consultant/Scheme Manager at the address below:

Tuns Farms Nigeria Limited
KM 9 Ikirun road Osogbo,
Osun state.
P.O Box 720
Attention General Manager

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by MrKong: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
If I understand correctly...eligible farmers erect a 2000 capacity structures, pen, drinkers, create water source and manage the birds but the entrepreneur/stakeholder provide the birds and feed. The eggs (and spent layers if you reason well) belong to to the entrepreneur/stakeholder/NEGPRO who will decide how much I get for my troubles? undecided

I thought Nigeria abolished slavery long time ago? sad

7 Likes

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by tbaba1234: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
HOW TO APPLY AS A NEGPRO ENTREPRENEUR

As a NEGPRO Entrepreneur, you are expected to

Provide and supply day old chicks and feed in line with standard specification and price set by the Scheme Manager to farmers in his/her cluster.
Provide middle level credit facility to farmers for the supply of day old chicks, feeds, drugs and vaccine.
Off take table eggs produced by farmers in his/her cluster.
Undertake the supply/sales of eggs produce to the School Feeding Program in his/her base state.
Monitor and supervise the activities of farmers within his/her cluster.
Shall be part of the state stakeholders/technical committee.

Criteria for participation

Prospective NEGPRO entrepreneurs must be based in a state where he/she is to cover and have verifiable business and reputation to support clusters of farmers.
Be willing to provide credit facility to cover cost of day old chicks, feed, vaccines and medications to farmers in his/her cluster.

Application form is here:
http://tunsinter.com/wordpress/national-egg-production-schemenegpro/negpro-enterprenuer/application-formnegpro-enterpreneur/
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
God bless my President.
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by tbaba1234: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
HOW TO APPLY AS A NEGPRO FARMER

As a NEGPRO (National Egg Production Scheme) Farmers, you are required to meet the following basic criteria for participation in the scheme:

Prospective farmers must belong to a registered cooperative society/group.
Such society/groups shall be required to recommend to the state entrepreneurs as well as serve as guarantor to the farmer for participation in the scheme
Farmers shall apply for participation through a cooperative society registered with the state ministry/department of cooperative.
Farmers must set up appropriate facilities as specified by the Scheme Technical Committee with capacity to stock a minimum of 2,000 birds with corresponding equipment’s (feeders and drinkers) required.
Farmers shall take delivery of inputs (day old chicks, feed, drugs and vaccine) and agree to raise birds following relevant national standard
Farmers shall agree to comply with technical advice as provided by the Scheme Technical committee on the management of the birds.
Farmers must agree to return all output (eggs, spent birds) from their individual farms to the State Entrepreneur.

NEGPRO is open to all Nigerian citizens. To participate in the scheme, interested farmers should:

Become a member of any government approved Farmer’s Cooperative Society/Association in his state of residence
Locate NEGPRO office in his state and obtain the NEGPRO FARMER Form through the Farmer’s Cooperative Society/Association in the state.
Fill and submit form and set up structure
Get approval and accreditation for the farm
Collect DOC and feeds inputs from government approved NEGPRO Entrepreneur
Start managing the layer farm

Application form is here:
http://tunsinter.com/wordpress/national-egg-production-schemenegpro/negpro-farmer/application-form/

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by MrKong: 3:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
How many farmers can afford to set up a 2000 capacity in this present economy(land, structure, cage, water and all)...this scheme is flawed joor

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by noeloge82(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
This looks good but I remember seeings Tuns farm among AMCON debtors

4 Likes

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by tbaba1234: 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
MrKong:
If I understand correctly...eligible farmers erect structures, pen, drinkers, drinkers, create water source and manage the birds but the entrepreneur/stakeholder provide the birds and feed. The eggs (and spent layers if you reason well) belong to to the entrepreneur/stakeholder/NEGPRO who will decide how much I get for my troubles? undecided

I thought Nigeria abolished slavery long time ago? sad

Everyone benefits, farmers get credit and a constant market for their eggs.

Entrepreneurs make decent profits

I agree that they should not fix price and allow the market determine the price.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Dear Unemployed Nairalander(s),

Kindly avail yourself of this opportunity instead of wasting your time and hard earned MB on defending Saraki, Dasuki, GEJ, PMB who probably don't know you.

If you're a WAILER and unemployed, don't be too proud to eat the humble pie, apply for it or NPower, afterall, the President is everyone's father.

If you're a ZOMBIE and unemployed, apply for it, it will be a campaign punch line in the future.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
ndi ara
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by tbaba1234: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
MrKong:
How many farmers can afford to set up a 2000 capacity in this present economy(land, structure, cage, water and all)...this scheme is flawed joor

It will benefit existing farmers.
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by anonimi: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good to see Buhari continue on the agricultural initiatives of the previous administration just as he is doing with the railways.
Hopefully he has realised, this time around, that government is a continuity and won't be CANCELLING progressive, development projects like he did to the Lagos metro project in 1984.
This is much better than chasing people all over the place with EFCC even before they have concluded investigation, all in the name of some hyped fight against corruption.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by Taofeeqbadmus(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
You can visit their website on www.tunsinter.com
erayo2GCA:
More details pls

1 Like

Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by SweetJoystick(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Time to give this a trial
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by 9japrof(m): 3:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
please agric lawyers in the house together with agro entrepreneurs should please do some break down to the house cos am sure a lot of people wouldnt mind enrolling in this scheme.
Re: Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate by MrKong: 3:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
tbaba1234:

Everyone benefits, farmers get credit and a constant market for their eggs.

Entrepreneurs make decent profits

I agree that they should not fix price and allow the market determine the price.
This scheme is systematically designed that the entrepreneurs take everything and all...and what about startup farmers?

Imagine, I provide the land, structure, pen, water, feeder and drinker,labour, time and the expertise ...only for some peeps to come strolling every now and then to take everything and toss me scraps.

Unless we share the profit 60:40 me to them(usual standard for investors)...thanks but no thanks sad

This scheme isn't helping anyone except the ones who invented it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Broiler Growers And Dressers/buyers Meet Here / Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. / EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.