Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:53 PM

10 Interesting Facts About Delta State - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (54754 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Realhommie(m): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba which is closer to Anambra state than it is to Delta State. IBB played a fast one on this though... But let us live and let be. Asaba has come to stay as capital.
Yea, a lot of politics/scheming was at play..

But it's not important anymore coz it is what it is presently. Like you said 'Let us live and let live' .
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jamean:
Urhobo wadoo!

Uvwie wadoo!

In addition, it is know that there is a subjective reason why Asaba was made the capital of Delta. The late wife of IBB Mariam Babaginda was from Asaba.
Omotena, oya butu for us. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

And you are............ EDO is the only recognized entity/kingdom in the whole of Niger Delta every state in niger delta has at least 2 to 3 ediod groups i.e the itshekiris isoko igbanke and co... abeg no come here come dey talk rubbish..... who is ur king or oba if u even av one..... And FYI the title OBA is indigenous to the great BENIN EMPIRE which annexed lagos as a war camp hence there is an Oba in lag too.......
lol. Typical episode of Edo folks... Since the division of the old Bendel state, Pls ask ur brothers, they will tell you.
Btw
Bro, we ain't quarreling. We just trying to clearify an issue.. So ur own views will be respected
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by YourNemesis: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

Agbor/Kwale/Ughelli/Abraka are more central locations for the capital rather than Asaba which is closer to Anambra state than it is to Delta State. IBB played a fast one on this though... But let us live and let be. Asaba has come to stay as capital.

Ughelli sounds like a good choice.
Even warri is not that bad. If people say Warri is old and congested, that is because the city hasn't been treated the way it should, if billions has been sunk into the city the same way as it has been done to Asaba, warri will be in a much better shape.
Asaba was a small dusty old town before it became capital of Delta.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kagame:

More or less you are saying the Anioma people are not welcomed in the current delta set up?

Is location the most important factor in siting a state capital?

I never said or implied that o. shocked

I was even being a pacifist about this issue by saying Asaba has come to stay as the capital for everybody.

The truth is that Anioma people and Delta people have separate goals/aims until they were merged together. The wise thing to have done was to put the capital in a central location or even carve out virgin land (like Abuja). But IBB caused discord by taking it to the periphery. For better or worse, there is nothing we can do now about it. I love ASABA- my babe is from Asaba sef. However, Asaba is just TOO FAR from waterside Delta. cry
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by oboy3(m): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
wat of okwe tribe,they say they are not uhrobo or isoko
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
You are 99% correct grin
waxxydude:
they so welcoming but[b] they drink alot[/b],

Too all the peace-loving deltans in the house mehn, so much love from me.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
I stayed in delta for quite sometime, though i didn't visit every hook and cranny, but, i must say your article is so aptly written and portrays theDeltans.

They are so funny ,so damn friendly and warm, i've never seen such kind of people in my movement around Nigeria.

Their folks and drinks are like 5&6, turn-up/grooving for them is just nothing.

And 70% of their women tend to have heavy yansh or huge brezz (so thick), they so welcoming but they drink alot, giving em protruding tummies - like 40%. Some of em have this mean INoWonVex face with feist beauty (kinda stuff i like).

I really enjoyed my stay there especially with their thick women (can't forget rukky and temisa cheesy) and their brain busting food, but, their govt no won make the place improve atal (such nice people cursed with bad leaders) pathetic.

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
shota:
[
This guy used only one sentence to discuss the Ijaws of Delta who are the main source of Delta state income . Nah wah oh . Why do people hate the Ijaws so much ?

quote author=fratermathy post=47197224]

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)
How can u say ijaws are the main source of Delta income?
Statement like this is wat bring disunity among us.
Plz dis post is to sure the uniqueness of my state, not to bring quarry or hatred. On behave of the op I am apologizing if that is how u feel.
we have experience too many crisis in warri. I think is time to embrace peace.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Donariok:
kudos to the OP.
Proudly a deltan.

90% of deltans are funny/brave.

We all know warri is the capital of delta state.. Asaba na just packaging..

WARRI is THE CAPITAL OF PIDGIN ENGLISH(if not the founder)
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by littlemistress: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
I serve in Delta state & i must confess, it's a fantastic place., even tho the youths revel in cultism.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by daniel56(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
I concur
fratermathy:

By Mathias Orhero (literarymathy[at]gmail.com)
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by flokii: 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
Delta.. No be home of ogogoro, hard drinks be that? grin

@OP Nice piece.. Deltans toh cute

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by BossDanniee(m): 5:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
Proudly Deltan!

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by djlaqua91(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
fratermathy:

I haven't met anyone from there though. That is good. I wish I can edit the post to add it but it has been locked, I guess. Thanks for the addition though.

I know someone, but she's not on nairaland. They are separated from the Igalas by the river Niger ( istand to be corrected) and do inter-marry with them. Good work once again OP. Delta state is blessed.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Mendelssohn(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
OP..... You forgot to say...

11. Delta state is the headquarters of Highway robbers, bank robbers, kidnappers, militants, drug traffickers, pipeline vandals, oil thieves and all manners of deadly endeavours. You can barely travel to that state or even pass by without being robbed. Many of the indigenes are criminal minded and can do anything to be rich. Many of the people I know, who have gone there recently, either never came back alive or came same way they left and most armed robbers caught here in ondo state are always from delta state.
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by shota(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
Using only one sentence to discuss the Ijaws of Delta state who are the main source of the Delta state income shows and tells a lot . Why do people hate the Ijaws so much ?
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by Jamean(f): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
greatness22:
Omotena, oya butu for us. cheesy

no be only butu na digwe cheesy tongue
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
PROUDLY NIGER DELTAN...........

EDO...DELTA....BAYELSA....CALABAR....AKWA IBOM......RIVERS..... WE ROCK!!!

FYI:::One yoruba speakn state suppose dey there oo but we don chase all the Judas comot from our cabad tey tey grin grin grin
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
oboy3:
wat of okwe tribe,they say they are not uhrobo or isoko

I guess you mean Okpe. If so, be rest assured that Okpe is Urhobo, no matter what you may have heard. Even Isoko is arguably Urhobo but they have asserted their difference which is cool. Isoko is a different language, just like Okpe, Uvwie and Erhowa. However, they are all culturally Urhobos because they have the same World View. But in other to let sleeping dogs lie, let's just say Isoko is different from Urhobo. This cannot be said for Okpe as they are officially, politically, culturally and geographically Urhobos, no arguments!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by akoko11: 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Warri my home and city
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
grin grin grin
kenzysmith:
Their girls like Bleep
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by successralu(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
am in asaba for my nysc.. I hope I'll be favored here in delta in Jesus name cos I love what am seeing here already
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by fratermathy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mendelssohn:
OP..... You forgot to say...

11. Delta state is the headquarters of Highway robbers, bank robbers, kidnappers, militants, drug traffickers, pipeline vandals, oil thieves and all manners of deadly endeavours. You can barely travel to that state or even pass by without being robbed. Many of the indigenes are criminal minded and can do anything to be rich. Many of the people I know, who have gone there recently, either never came back alive or came same way they left and most armed robbers caught here in ondo state are always from delta state.

There is crime in Delta State, I agree! But where in Nigeria can we not find criminals??

The problem with Delta State boils down to bad leaders who cannot provide social security, jobs and basic infrastructure. This is the primary cause of youth unrest and cultism. However, things are changing slowly and we pray for the best.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
flokii:
Delta.. No be home of ogogoro, hard drinks be that? grin

@OP Nice piece.. Deltans toh cute
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by theEYe21(f): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
BossDanniee:
Proudly Deltan!
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by zuchyblink(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
Anioma means ''good land'' in what language biko nu?

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by nonjebose(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Proudly Deltan
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by histemple: 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
If you want to know the state with the highest number of higher institutions, ask Ogun.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:
I stayed in delta for quite sometime, though i didn't visit every hook and cranny, but, i must say your article is so aptly written and portrays theDeltans.

They are so funny ,so damn friendly and warm, i've never seen such kind of people in my movement around Nigeria.

And 70% of their women tend to have heavy yansh or huge brezz (so thick), they so welcoming but they drink alot, giving em protruding tummies - like 40%. Some of em have this mean INoWonVex face with feist beauty (kinda stuff i like).

I really enjoyed my stay there especially with their thick women (can't forget rukky and temisa cheesy) and their brain busting food, but, their govt no won make the place improve atal (such nice people cursed with bad leaders) pathetic.

gbosa for u, proudly Wafarrian
Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by gevans(m): 5:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
waxxydude:

gbosa for u, proudly Wafi Boy

1 Like

Re: 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State by greatness22(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jamean:

no be only butu na digwe cheesy tongue
Oya gbe digwe grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Aerial View Of A Shocking Traffic Congestion In Los Angeles (photos) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.