Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,942 members, 7,799,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission (35544 Views)

UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy / See UNILAG Approved Admission Modalities For 2016/17 / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Ubongusoro(m): 10:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmm It Will Get Better
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Seuncoded(f): 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:
I've come to a conclusion that many Nigerians have a learning disability.

That point system model was specifically mentioned in the document as Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida university Lapai's model.

Theirs and university of Abuja's model was sampled to show how schools that traditionally do not conduct post utme managed their admission processes.

JAMB then stated clearly that the model wasn't beneficial because it puts candidates with weaker WAEC grades and awaiting results at a disadvantage.

JAMB then prescribed that students would be offered provisional admission, after which they may proceed for verification of their O'level and A'level certificates at their various institutions of admission.

This infers that Olevel would not be used as a determinant for admission, but most likely only JAMB results.

I knew this shocking platform for gross misinformation would come up.

If a learned person can't read, process and understand a simple 33 page document, what modicum of quality or intelligence is present in such person?

This is pathetic!

So bros they are not going to calculate point for Jambite again
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Greenylee(m): 10:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
the details well noted...... the next question we should ask ourselves is; what criteria will jamb employ in offering candidates admission?
jamb or o'level or both.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by papinx(m): 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
He het e
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by charlisco(m): 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
SCRAPPING OF POST UTME - POINT TO NOTE
1. No Institution will go below the JAMB 180 benchmark, Universities can go above it
2. All Candidate given admission must be from JAMB
3. No University should exceed its admission capacity (allocation)
4. There won’t be any written Post-UTME, but Institutions are allowed to screen its candidates. School may adopt to use Verification of result or Oral Interview as it screening option

BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Post UTME or No Post UTME, going by the number of candidates that applied and pass jamb exam, the Federal and State Universities in Nigeria, cannot give admission to all qualified candidate due to it carrying Capacity.
This lead/give rise to further Methods of Screening.

Question
How will school screen their candidate that meet the jamb 180 cut-off from this year 2016?
Answer:
School may adopt to use verification of result, Oral Interview or CBT

Verification of result:
This entails checking of your O,level (WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB) grade with a combination of sharp increase in departmental cut-off mark to accommodate only the candidate its admission capacity can take.

Oral Interview:
A platform for you to meet with someone who represents the school (A complete stranger) also known as the interviewer- He/she asked your several question to show off a side of your personality that is not obvious on the written jamb cbt.
College interviews can be stressful; especially when you consider that you have less than 20minutes to impress a complete stranger.
click to read more about the college oral interview past question

CBT:
Finally, for schools that will use CBT or electronic format to screen candidates, studying post-UTME past questions, current affairs and subjects related to your choice course will be a very good way to prepare for the screening.

ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB
Question: - I score below the cut-off mark, is there any hope, if any, how can i gain admission without jamb into any of the school this year?
Answer:- They are various programme run by Universities, Polytechnics and College of Education that does not require jamb form, the programme range from part-time, spat, nursing, school of marine, diploma, jupeb, predegree.
If you wish to obtain a degree result, to the best of my knowledge, Part-Time and JUPEB Programme run by Universities can only offer you that, Polytechnic and School of marine do award OND result, which you can later used to obtain jamb direct entry into University, but you
must make sure you come out with upper credit as school that accept jamb direct entry mostly give preference to candidate that graduate with distinction or upper credit.

Question
When should someone be expecting the sales of the form?
Answer.
Fupre Predegree,AAU Predegree and Jubep, Uniben Diploma –> in the Month of June
Sch of Marine Burutu, Ozoro Spat, Oghara Spat, Uniben Part-Time, PTI Part-time,- > in the Month of August
Auchi Spat, Delsu Pre-Degree –> in the month of November
Uniben JUPEB -> in the month July

For more details visit this link Admission Without Jamb

1 Like

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by awesomeDiva(f): 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:

The funny thing is this never made front page.

I wonder what Nairaland is sometimes.

All I see on FrontPage is either one massive cleavage or one yeye from romance section undecided

Not my business tho. undecided

one thing is reading another thing is understanding
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by mcversatile(m): 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:
fynestboi and lalasticlala. this is a crucial thread.
Naso
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Elxandre(m): 11:31pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seuncoded:

So bros they are not going to calculate point for Jambite again
Aunty, going by the pdf, they won't.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by yvonne111(f): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Okay
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by yvonne111(f): 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by larabae13(f): 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
To me oo jamb will give u provisional admission letter den d schl will bring up dier own screening buh it would be free nd'll focus on ur jamb nd waec...those who read d pdf shld understand
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by AyamBlaze: 12:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol... @Why dem no reduce jamb fee.
It's never gonna be reduced bro!
My only concern is that the universities will increase their school fees to cover the loss of post-utme registration fee.
#Disaster

1 Like

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 12:28am On Jul 05, 2016
awesomeDiva:
Exactly.... in each model jamb made a review and remarks/comment.
in Abubakar Tafawa belewa uni Bauchi they commented on the lifespan of certificate and the fees attached...

in IBB they commented on the point grading system that it will act as a disadvantages to many student and also the fees attached.

jamb is trying to tell us that verification of results should be done after provisional admission by jamb and not before

that no fees should be attached

no examinations of any kind

abeg naija get brain small bikonu premium Reporters caused this confusion...

on the contrary. I read their article, they said clearly that you must be granted provisional admission before anyother thing else, thats the first thing they said.

Even the Jamb site made mention of a screening after the provisional admission, hence they probably deciphered that it is the point system, if you ask me their info is truly since they said that the provisional admission will come from Jamb first
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 12:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Dude, you also cannot comprehend a simple statement. Your whole point is that Jamb will grant you a provisional admission first, thats what everyone is saying, now after granting you the provisional admission you will still be screened, it is written in the Jamb model isn't it? The screening will be based on your O'level result won't it? So it means that they are right, maybe the point system won't be used but your admission will also depend on your O'level result, the higher the grades the better, so why are you insulting others when you too do not even understand what was said?!

1 Like

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by awesomeDiva(f): 12:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

on the contrary. I read their article, they said clearly that you must be granted provisional admission before anyother thing else, thats the first thing they said.

Even the Jamb site made mention of a screening after the provisional admission, hence they probably deciphered that it is the point system, if you ask me their info is truly since they said that the provisional admission will come from Jamb first

what you just said is not different from mine
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 12:52am On Jul 05, 2016
awesomeDiva:

what you just said is not different from mine

exactly my point! That was what they said in their article, which means that their article isn't different from what you just said! Which means that they did not spread any false info, then why are you blaming them?!
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 1:08am On Jul 05, 2016
1) Before a candidate can seat be
considered for screening, he/she must have
been given provisional admission by Jamb.
The Jamb admission checker portal is going
to be opened soon for this process, so
praying is all you can do now.

2) THE POINT SYSTEM:
This is the most critical part of the process.
Jamb's provisional admission no longer
makes much sense this year, your points
tally will decide your faith. The points are
evenly spread out between your O'level and
Jamb results to provide a level playing field
for all.
In the first case, any candidate who submits
only one result which contains his/her
relevant subjects already has 10points, the
exam could be NECO, WAEC, GCE etc, but any
candidate who has 2 sittings only gets 2
points. So this means that aspirants with
only one result are at an advantage but only
just.
The next point grades fall into the O'level
grades. Each grades has it's equivalent
point, A=6 marks, B=4 marks, C=3 marks, so
the better your grades the better your
chances.
The next point is the UTME scores. Each
score range has its equivalent point which
can be summarized thus, 180-200=20-23
marks, 200-250=24-33 points,
251-300=34-43, 300-400=44-60 points.
Each categories contains 5 Jamb results per
point added, for example a candidate with
180-185 gets 20points, a candidate with
186-190 gets 21 points etc.
Points system for DE will be released soon.
3) It then comes down to the fact that fees
will still be charged for screening, it depends
on the school as well.
4) Catchment and ELDS will still be used!
Merit contains 45% of the total candidates
for a particular course, Catchment contains
35% and ELDS and staff lists contains the
rest.
5) Cutoff marks will be released by schools
this year in the form of points and not
marks. If a school declares it's cutoff mark
for Medicine as 90 points and Jamb grants a
candidate with 250 a provisional admission
but his/her total points falls short of the 90
points, then he/she will lose the admission.
So the provisional admission is just a means
to an end, not the end in itself.[\i]

Pay attention to the bold part. There is a reason why it's their number one point. The initial admission will be from Jamb which is what you are saying, this is just a possible SCREENING PROCEDURE BASED ON O'LEVEL RESULT. Since Jamb said there won't be any exam but also stated that schools can screen their candidates after being admitted, it stands to reason that schools will adopt the screening method which considers only O'level results which was what they duly explained. I don't understand what you lot are complaining about,maybe you are afraid because your O'level isn't okay or maybe you just want to claim that you know everything when the lot of you are the ones who can't even comprehend!
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by snazzyroro: 3:52am On Jul 05, 2016
I'm a graduate, i don't really need this..lol..help your loyal boy snazzy by watching "when you are high on cocaine powder and dope by snazzy on youtube" track by snazzy - powder(panda cover)..
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 05, 2016
http://thenationonlineng.net/jamb-releases-guidelines-admission/

Summary of the jamb meeting with a case scenario
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Rilwon: 5:30am On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:
1) Before a candidate can seat be
considered for screening, he/she must have
been given provisional admission by Jamb.
The Jamb admission checker portal is going
to be opened soon for this process, so
praying is all you can do now.

2) THE POINT SYSTEM:
This is the most critical part of the process.
Jamb's provisional admission no longer
makes much sense this year, your points
tally will decide your faith. The points are
evenly spread out between your O'level and
Jamb results to provide a level playing field
for all.
In the first case, any candidate who submits
only one result which contains his/her
relevant subjects already has 10points, the
exam could be NECO, WAEC, GCE etc, but any
candidate who has 2 sittings only gets 2
points. So this means that aspirants with
only one result are at an advantage but only
just.
The next point grades fall into the O'level
grades. Each grades has it's equivalent
point, A=6 marks, B=4 marks, C=3 marks, so
the better your grades the better your
chances.
The next point is the UTME scores. Each
score range has its equivalent point which
can be summarized thus, 180-200=20-23
marks, 200-250=24-33 points,
251-300=34-43, 300-400=44-60 points.
Each categories contains 5 Jamb results per
point added, for example a candidate with
180-185 gets 20points, a candidate with
186-190 gets 21 points etc.
Points system for DE will be released soon.
3) It then comes down to the fact that fees
will still be charged for screening, it depends
on the school as well.
4) Catchment and ELDS will still be used!
Merit contains 45% of the total candidates
for a particular course, Catchment contains
35% and ELDS and staff lists contains the
rest.
5) Cutoff marks will be released by schools
this year in the form of points and not
marks. If a school declares it's cutoff mark
for Medicine as 90 points and Jamb grants a
candidate with 250 a provisional admission
but his/her total points falls short of the 90
points, then he/she will lose the admission.
So the provisional admission is just a means
to an end, not the end in itself.

From which Jamb source did you get all these^ from?
I'm not asking you of the nation newspaper because they also copied the rumor without reviewing it.

Pay attention to the bold part. There is a reason why it's their number one point.

Yes, they would be giving out provisional admission, but where did they state that "praying is all you can do?"

The initial admission will be from Jamb which is what you are saying,

Yes

this is just a possible SCREENING PROCEDURE BASED ON O'LEVEL RESULT.

It would be based on both o level and Jamb score but the o level part would be fair enough and not the alleged point grading part which was adopted by Ibrahim badamosi' university, Jamb faulted it and said it puts most students at disadvantage, therefore that process is canceled, yet, our ignorant brothers are still peddling it.

Since Jamb said there won't be any exam but also stated that schools can screen their candidates after being admitted, it stands to reason that schools will adopt the screening method which considers only O'level results which was what they duly explained.

Where did they explain it? undecided

Again I want the Jamb source and not some cooked up nonsense. I have my own Jamb source sha.

I don't understand what you lot are complaining about,maybe you are afraid because your O'level isn't okay or maybe you just want to claim that you know everything

Neither of the two. No one is claiming to know everything here and no one is afraid, truth is, we should always find the root of a matter before peddling it. That everyone believes something doesn't make it true. You are expected to find the truth and hold on toit.

when the lot of you are the ones who can't even comprehend![/color]

No one is talking about the mumbo jumbo article that was first written by premium reporter, the question is, have you bothered to read it from Jamb source on your own?

I can bet you haven't, if actually you have, you wouldn't come here to be saying the above nonsense, unless you want to prove how bad you are at comprehension which you are trying to accuse here.

1 Like

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by STPEACE10: 6:26am On Jul 05, 2016
Rilwon:

I'm not asking you of the nation newspaper because they also copied the rumor without reviewing it.

Yes, they would be giving out provisional admission, but where did they state that "praying is all you can do?"

Yes

It would be based on both o level and Jamb score but the o level part would be fair enough and not the alleged point grading part which was adopted by Ibrahim badamosi' university, Jamb faulted it and said it puts most students at disadvantage, therefore that process is canceled, yet, our ignorant brothers are still peddling it.

Again I want the Jamb source and not some cooked up nonsense. I have my own Jamb source sha.

Neither of the two. No one is claiming to know everything here and no one is afraid, truth is, we should always find the root of a matter before peddling it. That everyone believes something doesn't make it true. You are expected to find the truth and hold on toit.

No one is talking about the mumbo jumbo article that was first written by premium reporter, the question is, have you bothered to read it from Jamb source on your own?

I can bet you haven't, if actually you have, you wouldn't come here to be saying the above nonsense, unless you want to prove how bad you are at comprehension which you are trying to accuse here.
can't you see that the guy copied it from premium reporter? he just pasted exactly what they wrote on their page. he even include the prayer aspect of it that was also pasted there. lolzz
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 05, 2016
Mehn...... I've missed nairaland
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by drstan(m): 6:38am On Jul 05, 2016
pls who know when auchi poly is doing their screening for PUME.?pls I need answer ,checked online and saw some numbers when I called they were like ,"Ha! wat are u still doing,the form has been on sale since and will be closing this week , hope you know the amount bla bla bla?.to cut long story the guy want me to send money for the form to him because I stay far.(scam) my younger sister will not let me rest..she is feeling like they have done it,
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by loadedvibes: 6:39am On Jul 05, 2016
This guy did not communicate therefore the title of this thread is misleading
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 05, 2016
Elxandre:
I've come to a conclusion that many Nigerians have a learning disability.

That point system model was specifically mentioned in the document as Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida university Lapai's model.

Theirs and university of Abuja's model was sampled to show how schools that traditionally do not conduct post utme managed their admission processes.

JAMB then stated clearly that the model wasn't beneficial because it puts candidates with weaker WAEC grades and awaiting results at a disadvantage.

JAMB then prescribed that students would be offered provisional admission, after which they may proceed for verification of their O'level and A'level certificates at their various institutions of admission.

This infers that Olevel would not be used as a determinant for admission, but most likely only JAMB results.

I knew this shocking platform for gross misinformation would come up.

If a learned person can't read, process and understand a simple 33 page document, what modicum of quality or intelligence is present in such person?

This is pathetic!

Sir Xandre..... I salute ya
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Georgry(m): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2016
drstan:
pls who know when auchi poly is doing their screening for PUME.?pls I need answer ,checked online and saw some numbers when I called they were like ,"Ha! wat are u still doing,the form has been on sale since and will be closing this week , hope you know the amount bla bla bla?.to cut long story the guy want me to send money for the form to him because I stay far.(scam) my younger sister will not let me rest..she is feeling like they have done it,

call me on 07039561504... Im in auchi,and i am also an aspirant of the school...no form out yet

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by DonMekino(m): 7:14am On Jul 05, 2016
but come to think of it?? why all these models stuffs?? making d process look complex...why not try jamb method before post ume was invented...let's not kid ourselves abt o'level result in Nigeria... it is one of d greatest malpractice exam u can see....all these are making education in Nigeria look like a joke. Govt can't just let d sch be.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 05, 2016
You mixed it up altogether. You may need to read the document again. Both O' Level grades and Jamb scores would be weighted.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Rilwon:

Yes

I doubt if you read what I said at all! I am just comparing what they said with what you said!

Go and check the page, the first of all posted the news, then they explained the news. They didn't say that what they explained there is exactly how it was written in the Jamb site! You didn't even bother to read their article before lambasting them! That is not true journalism.

So let me ask you a simple question. It will be based on O'level won't it? Now Jamb gave two examples there,one was based on admission without O'level and one was based on admission with O'level,they clearly pointed out their remarks that the screening was done before the provisional admission hence giving undue advantage to students with good grades, now after their long scenario investigation, they now said that the screening will be done after they must have been grnated a provisional admission(that was the first point in the real article) and that it will be based on checking the candidates O'level results. Now UI too does not write putme if I am correct, but they didn't use the UI model for emphasis, they used the IBB model,so does that not mean that the IBB model is the model without PUTME that they were considering in the first place? With that in mind, does that not mean that it is the method that schools will adopt?

So from your insane question, you are asking me where Jamb explained that the universities can still conduct a screening? Didn't you see the first point they made in their proposed model?

In their proposed model, did they blatantly explain how the screening will be done? What they said in point 3 is just a matter of verification hence it is easy to see that the verification mentioned is not thesame as the screening they pointed out in their first point(i am now talking about the real Jamb article), so what that means is that the proposed screening mode was not clarified by Jamb! Then since Jamb made it clear that the screening will be on checking of O'level result then isn't it safe to infer that they will adopt the model that they used in explaining the 'admission without putme' style?

They corrected just two stuffs in that model without putme, the fact that it was done before Jamb grants a provisional admission and the fact that it puts low scoring candidates at a disadvantage. Now in their two corrections they cleared that the screening will now be done after the provisional admission and there won't be a written exam, if there is no written exam, what then will be used? Or you know something that nobody else does?! I maintain that you did not even read the article from premium times before posting this nonsensical update that you just did,PATHETIC!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Honour For 16-year Old Who Broke College Records With 343 JAMB Score / Fresh Benue State University Graduate Celebrates. People React / Clay Math Institute Denies Century Old Math Problem Solved By Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.