Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,462 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission (35564 Views)

UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy / See UNILAG Approved Admission Modalities For 2016/17 / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2016
Rilwon:

Shut up! Olodo. sad

You remain the stiff necked senseless clown here.

and you will be the one to decide that? I have been having a smooth conversation with people here till you came in, seems like we know who the olodo is
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2016
They r using verification of results yes....but think!!! In a department with over 3000 candidates,how r they gonna accept all,if they just verify their results..there definitely would be a way of dropping students..... Just to be sure,I even went ahead to ask senior lecturers here in delsu,since they r using the weighting system,,and they emphasising on d fact that awaiting students won't be considered,...just saying though.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Genius101(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

when making plans, you do not plan in line with a possible accident. It is assumed that any candidate who registers for Jamb must have gone through the brochure, so it is assumed that all of them have the right subject combo, so you see?

Deficiency in O'level could mean choosing someone with an A over someone with a C, isn't that what they explained?
lol there are many secondary sch leavers who dont know their right from their left o let alone check brochures.. it affects many candidates each year.besides their are schs that dont accept waec results of the same year you wrote your jamb in Unizik for instance. secondly,some schs dont accept 2 sittings for a particular course delsu for instance does not accept 2 sittings for medicine.so a candidate given provisional admission by jamb but has 2 sittings for med may be usec to fill short changed courses
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2016
Elxandre:

Man, how does being a graduate concern our argument?
zoology did not exist then?
botany & edu courses?

you need to stop making things up.

I mean courses were not much then. I made mention of that fact to show that i have been around for quite a while. Back then some universities had only 6 to 10 courses, so the courses were all packed up, hence there was no need for the 'fill up' exercise, are you following?
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 10:01am On Jul 05, 2016
Genius101:
lol there are many secondary sch leavers who dont know their right from their left o let alone check brochures.. it affects many candidates each year.besides their are schs that dont accept waec results of the same year you wrote your jamb in Unizik for instance. secondly,some schs dont accept 2 sittings for a particular course delsu for instance does not accept 2 sittings for medicine.so a candidate given provisional admission by jamb but has 2 sittings for med may be usec to fill short changed courses

I am not saying that you are not correct o. Ofcourse it happens each year, but when you are planning you plan for everything. What if miraculously everyone decided to check the brochure? That means schools will admit more than their usual capacity in a particular course. I do not know if u are getting what i mean?
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Genius101(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2016
emmijes3:
They r using verification of results yes....but think!!! In a department with over 3000 candidates,how r they gonna accept all,if they just verify their results..there definitely would be a way of dropping students..... Just to be sure,I even went ahead to ask senior lecturers here in delsu,since they r using the weighting system,,and they emphasising on d fact that awaiting students won't be considered,...just saying though.
admission is coming directly from jamb hence only people given provisional admission by jamb will go for screening and not the 3000 you quoted and there is nothing like weighting as jamb already faulted it

1 Like

Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Oyejay(m): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

Yes ofcourse, as long as you see your result before november you are safe
thanks
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Genius101:
admission is coming directly from jamb hence only people given provisional admission by jamb will go for screening and not the 3000 you quoted and there is nothing like weighting as jamb already faulted it

Yes, she made a mistake there. But if Jamb admits 300 candidates for a course that accepts just 150? The other students will be used to fill up the other deficient courses, then the point system comes in to decide, i understand what you are saying o, and it may be true,but do not disregard the point system entirely
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Genius101(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

I am not saying that you are not correct o. Ofcourse it happens each year, but when you are planning you plan for everything. What if miraculously everyone decided to check the brochure? That means schools will admit more than their usual capacity in a particular course. I do not know if u are getting what i mean?
yea maybe that is why jamb is solely responsible for given out admission this year so that universities wont go beyond their capacity... jamb would give admission solely based on jamb results before candidates can proceed for checking of o levels then any candideate who falls short of a requirement in terms of awaiting results or 2 sittings will be put in other courses or forwarded back to jamb for placement in other schs
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 10:16am On Jul 05, 2016
Genius101:
yea maybe that is why jamb is solely responsible for given out admission this year so that universities wont go beyond their capacity... jamb would give admission solely based on jamb results before candidates can proceed for checking of o levels then any candideate who falls short of a requirement in terms of awaiting results or 2 sittings will be put in other courses or forwarded back to jamb for placement in other schs

thank you! You are the one making sense here. They may decide to do it based on 2 sittings and all that, maybe not blatantly like the point system, but something similar to that based on waec result. We are making thesame point sort of, not totally though
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by hotspec(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2016
OP sucks! are u d all-knowing god? ur opening sentence sucks
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by bayocute(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2016
Genius101:
Nd aw are dey gonna do those of us dat wanted polythecnics?
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by ejomsuccess(m): 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
Elxandre:

The funny thing is this never made front page.

I wonder what Nairaland is sometimes.

All I see on FrontPage is either one massive cleavage or one yeye from romance section undecided

Not my business tho. undecided

you just nailed it with ur post, thumb up, now I understand the process that will be use
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by pauladonis(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
http://ratedred..com/2016/07/jamb-announces-method-to-be-used-for.html

The article is straightforward... No hidden meaning...
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Genius101(m): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
bayocute:

Nd aw are dey gonna do those of us dat wanted polythecnics?
the same procedure would be used
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by ejomsuccess(m): 12:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
some people still don't understand, jamb gives you, the universities will then verify your certificate (like how it done when you have been offered admission after jamb & postutme) then that is all. U might been charge for the screening (verification of result)
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by ejomsuccess(m): 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
ejomsuccess:
some people still don't understand, jamb gives you admission, the universities will then verify your certificate (like how it done when you have been offered admission after jamb & postutme) then that is all. U might been charge for the screening (verification of result)
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by bayocute(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Genius101:
the same procedure would be used
Thanks so much dude. Now, i'm quite understanding this modalities of a thing.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Papacypaul(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Elxandre:

according to the document i read, jamb score alone would be used.
The Olevel would just be verified during screening to check if you have your Olevel credits complete.
Though You OP has the most matured comment here,you got it wrong with the opening sentence...

btw, This is what ATBu do during their admission processes and infact i rate it as the only sane skul when it comes to admission processes before now,after jamb provisional admission from jamb,ATBU will now paste the same list on their site , invite them for screening where o'lvl is verified and if one dint meet the required credit ,will got his/her course changed to one that ur o'level suits.

To think that its faulted because they dint accept O'level after 5years is illogical, school like FUTminna,NDA,NPA and some federal school have make it their norms not to accept o'lvl after 5yrs maybe they think that after 5yrs there is possibilities you cant apply your o'level knowledge to the higher level you seek.
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Papacypaul(m): 5:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
lest i forget,i read my own from WWW.JAMB.GOV.NG i mean the one that u claim is from premium times, can that site be fake? what is the reason jamb has not come out to denounce it? it is also linked to jamb.org.ng
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Haryoade(m): 6:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

I do not know how I am going to explain it to you again. So let me drop one question, how are schools going to decide which candidates they will use and fill up the lower courses?
Every One is talking about the ones that favours them..read clearly..after jamb provisional admission cometh screening which implies verification of results and the point system
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 8:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Haryoade:
Every One is talking about the ones that favours them..read clearly..after jamb provisional admission cometh screening which implies verification of results and the point system

we are saying thesame thing
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Haryoade(m): 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mickael2:

we are saying thesame thing
yes ooo...abeg dnt let anyone mislead you o
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by fweshblacboai(m): 4:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Nice comments from you all....at least some cogent points were made and reasonable but what I want to ask is that since jamb solely provides admission now,will there be hope for an aspiring poly candidate that scored 179 in his or her UTME ? Please immediate replies will be appreciated...

Note: Am saying this based on the 180 pegged cut off mark for all institutions

Thanks...
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Mickael2(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
fweshblacboai:
Nice comments from you all....at least some cogent points were made and reasonable but what I want to ask is that since jamb solely provides admission now,will there be hope for an aspiring poly candidate that scored 179 in his or her UTME ? Please immediate replies will be appreciated...

Note: Am saying this based on the 180 pegged cut off mark for all institutions

Thanks...

Absolutely not. Infact there may not be any vacany for anyone with less that 200 or even 220 marks in any federal university no matter the course, the lower courses will be a dumping ground for people who could not scale through the screening. So most of them will be Poly or CoE and all that
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by fweshblacboai(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2016
Mickael2:

Absolutely not. Infact there may not be any vacany for anyone with less that 200 or even 220 marks in any federal university no matter the course, the lower courses will be a dumping ground for people who could not scale through the screening. So most of them will be Poly or CoE and all that
Thanks,i appreciate your reply.....
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by sahmih(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
this poster is mentally deraged
Re: Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission by Elxandre(m): 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
sahmih:
this poster is mentally deraged
I would have taken you seriously if you could spell better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emmanuel College Students Sitting On The Floor To Write Exams In Owerri (Photos) / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Post Utme Result Checking Procedure: / Ambrose Alli University Students Cooking With Firewood In Hostel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.