Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,035 members, 7,799,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. (4311 Views)

Standard Metallurgical Company (SMC) Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / Standard Metallurgical Company (SMC) Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / DPR Interview Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Anitop(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
I guess it's going to be more of maintenance on electrical equipment, power station etc. You are at an advantage if you have experience in power and machines. As for the pay, put your mind at around 60k/70k. They could pay you overtime too in some cases which adds to your salary. I wish all invited the best of luck

1 Like

Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by nurempy77: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2016
dats gud
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 9:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
nurempy77:
dats gud

You have experience in power and machine ??.

I Studied electrical electronics and graduated majoring at electronics and telecommunication , though I have experience mainly in power not machine .

I try calling that number today but no response , I sent a text and I am currently waiting for response .
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by nurempy77: 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
not rily... Recent graduate i am
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by azeola07(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2016
Good mrng house, I got the invite too, pls how do I get there from Lagos.
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by donmatin(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2016
azeola07:
from Lagos enter bus to shagamu,when they stop you either at the express,isaloko or ita-oba,enter another cab to sabo or you can take a bike to behind cement(lafarge very popular)...just tell them the steel company behind cement. Bike men know the place very well(100naira from sabo to smc because of bad road).
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
donmatin:
from Lagos enter bus to shagamu,when they stop you either at the express,isaloko or ita-oba,enter another cab to sabo or you can take a bike to behind cement(lafarge very popular)...just tell them the steel company behind cement. Bike men know the place very well(100naira from sabo to smc because of bad road).

I am scared already sad.
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
nurempy77:
not rily... Recent graduate i am

Better stay strong , you would not have been invited if you have not been able to convince them of your capability .

Start preparing , Saturday is coming .
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
azeola07:

Which day is your interview ??
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by nurempy77: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Electronzeez:

Better stay strong , you would not have been invited if you have not been able to convince them of your capability .

Start preparing , Saturday is coming .

Av u succeeded in speaking wit dem Or at least get ur date rescheduled?
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
nurempy77:

Av u succeeded in speaking wit dem Or at least get ur date rescheduled?

No embarassed

Just have to squiz myself and go.

I am still thinking about it .

1 Like

Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by jokolly: 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
Anitop:
I guess it's going to be more of maintenance on electrical equipment, power station etc. You are at an advantage if you have experience in power and machines. As for the pay, put your mind at around 60k/70k. They could pay you overtime too in some cases which adds to your salary. I wish all invited the best of luck

This pay is something else ooo.
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2016
Good morning to you all , this morning I was getting prepared for the interview , cloth pressed , shoe shone grin.

I went out to get something to eat before I set out to SAGAMU . A neighbour who I discussed SMC with, he hail from SAGAMU and why going to get something to eat,he quickly stop me and said , have you heard ?? , I said what ,he said someone called him that there is a chaos between police and SAGAMU thugs . Immediately I called SMC FACTORY hotline to ask if such thing is happening around , I think a Lebanon pick up and I introduce myself , he ask what position I was applying for ,I told him and he requested to know how many years experience I have, I told him three years , IN HIS WORD , WE NEDE TAKE THREE YEARS , SORRY and ends the call .

Hearing that got me angry , I took my bath and dress up for work . I am not in anyway discouraging those who have interview tomorrow , you can try your luck but as for me .......na bye bye to SMC.

Three years experience no do dem?? Like seriously ...doz wey no get experience nko??.
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by nurempy77: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2016
Electronzeez:
Good morning to you all , this morning I was getting prepared for the interview , cloth pressed , shoe shone grin.

I went out to get something to eat before I set out to SAGAMU . A neighbour who I discussed SMC with, he hail from SAGAMU and why going to get something to eat,he quickly stop me and said , have you heard ?? , I said what ,he said someone called him that there is a chaos between police and SAGAMU thugs . Immediately I called SMC FACTORY hotline to ask if such thing is happening around , I think a Lebanon pick up and I introduce myself , he ask what position I was applying for ,I told him and he requested to know how many years experience I have, I told him three years , IN HIS WORD , WE NEDE TAKE THREE YEARS , SORRY and ends the call .

Hearing that got me angry , I took my bath and dress up for work . I am not in anyway discouraging those who have interview tomorrow , you can try your luck but as for me .......na bye bye to SMC.

Three years experience no do dem?? Like seriously ...doz wey no get experience nko??.
Lyk seriously?
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Electronzeez(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2016
nurempy77:

Lyk seriously?

I am telling you
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
SMC dont pay graduates well oooo. I know someone with MSc that once worked there yet his salary was not upto 100k. Be ready to work cos they will use u and you have to develop thick skin to insults. Please im not discouraging anybody from going, just contributing based on what my friend told me about them. he left the coy out of frustration. someone else may have a better and different story to tell about them. Good luck guys
Re: Interview Invite Frm Standard Metallurgical Company (smc) Sagamu. by Cityqueengirl(f): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2020
nurempy77:
helo guys, just got a text frm SMC sagamu factory for an interview on sat by 12pm..Though i applied afta reading a post on nairaland few days back but stil want 2 confirm nd also hear if any1 is on d same page wit me...God bles
Hello please how did it go. How was the test

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancy In Mtn / De Unico Bottled Water Vacancy / Npower Programme Begins Verification Of Applications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.