Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (74405 Views)

Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ped007(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru. In a press statement issued today in Abuja, the president office stated that Kachikwu as the minister for State for Petroleum will now be the chairman of the Board of the NNPC.

See full statement below:

PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR NNPC

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director- Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; and
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
President Buhari urges the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, " and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset."

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser
(Media and Publicity)
July 4, 2016

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/04/buhari-sacks-kachickwu-gmd-nnpc

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ThrillmeatRep(f): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
When u said sack!
I Tot dey removed him

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by SeverusSnape(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru.

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism, favouritism and bias. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified. See the BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 80 percent core northerners too, No federal Character. I remember many Buhari Ass-lickers saying Northerners are more Trustworthy, Seriously; Zombiesm is worst than terrorism.

I dey laugh those my people wey think say Buhari na man of integrity and unbiased grin grin man of integrity my ass.

662 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by CyerSeries: 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
80% northerners and Ibe Kachukwu is almost a figure head.. It's OK. angry .. I hope some stupid southerners are learning undecided

325 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by jbbalarabe(m): 6:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by jimfarayola(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
at last

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by mcversatile(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
A greater step to change!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by pdppower: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Must all govt corporations be headed by Hausas?

249 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ped007(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lalasticlala ....
The Abokis are still in charge.

161 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by maryjan8(f): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
Does this have anything to do with the avengers?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Fashola4thSon: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ahhahhahahahah haha

Because he challenged Amaechi grin
Buhari is a dullardian bastardsss

178 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by bender79: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Lol i thought buhari was claiming he wasnt sectional?

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by nwamummy96: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by cupid4ig(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
What do You expect when he sided his people against Amaechi. I know Buhari wasn't happy about that

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by iflywithbuhari(f): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
Thank God. We need another fuel scarcity.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by CHANNELStv2020: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
BUHARI CHAII

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by iflywithbuhari(f): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwamummy96:
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?
The Chairman of any board or group is simply a figure head and a ceremonial head of the group, like the Queen of England acting in the role of the Head of the Commonwealth. The GMD, or Prime minister calls the shots. Kachikwu has been ceremonially FIRED.

313 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ped007(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Thank God. We need another fuel scarcity.
Dear why na??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by babadee1(m): 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Sack or promotion? From GMD to Chairman of the board.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by fyneguy: 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure

Tinubu men

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Built2last: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
From federal minister to minister of state and now Chairman. and you know that Chairman in Nigeria is non executive and ceremonial

Kachikwu resign before you are disgraced.

the north don't under your English
you are too smart for them.

Those around you are simply to monitor you and report back to the boss.

Nawaa, The only serious technocrat who is not a misfit and seems to be working is fired.

215 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Abbeyme: 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
The Best is yet to come...

The beautiful ones are not yet born
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Mynd44: 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Does buhari think? The one performing minister among the lot y demote or even sack him.when u have NGIGE not knowing what his job entails.when u have fashola that has turned nigeria to d land of darkness. when you have lia mohamed spiting lies everyday and telling us the best job for us is to dress masquerade u remove kachiku.smh for buhari ooo

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ElCount: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Kachikwu is officially the figurehead who takes the blame for any mishap.

That dude should just resign and save the little good name he has left, because things are about to go south real fast for him

Well wetin concern me? Who chairman epp?

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by iykecicero: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Just check the names. Buhari is a useless bigot.

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by agbangam: 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mm
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by jay2pee(m): 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hmmm

I am not surprised cos with the recent development in this country, the country is fully governed by d north... God help us...

Can anything good come out of this government?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mtcheeew...
Rushed to book space thinking Ibe has been sacked
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seems like Kalichukwu has been put as chair of the board....and is still the GMD's supervisor.

Ah well, the problems in Nigeria's fuel sector are many. The GMD better realise he has not come to talk grammar....but to work and work.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by babyfaceafrica: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
fyneguy:
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure

Tinubu men
your head dey there and people will say Buhari has sidelined Tinubu,wailers never see chumptin!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by hazyfm: 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
That is not SACK, he was PROMOTED

Are you guys posting trash above me illiterates ??

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) / Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.