Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (74407 Views)

Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by SweetJoystick(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified.

Dyu ve fan and rope. I can send u a link to how it is done.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by adexlamex(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Kwamekings: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
I wonder why the president is like this... Does it have to be North always

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Project400: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2016
Buhari's chief of staff is a member of the board of NNPC

Buhari go steal money to death the way things are

We are finished!

Abba Kyari

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by tit(f): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
kachuku,
you see yarsef?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ZUBY77(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wetin Igbo people did this man baffles me.
Where is his John the Baptist Mbaka?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by idupaul: 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
Thank God. We need another fuel scarcity.

Are U ok
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by izzou(m): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
By 2019, the south will be totally irrelevant

Mark my words

When APC brings buhari and PDP brings a northerner, i wonder who d south west will support

These northerners are not considerate

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by omogin(f): 7:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
Tinubu cries every night, believe me

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ajalawole(m): 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
fear north

grin suffering and smilling
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by idupaul: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
If you are a lover of Nigeria its time we all call for the resignation of the mad man of Daura. .I was a die hard supporter of Buhari but right now Country comes first

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by DMerciful(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bubu plans to destroy Nigeria knowingly or unknowingly. Just too dull to know. undecided

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by autaspakladi: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody indeed!

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ceeethru(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
You moved a man from GMD NNPC to Chairman NNPC BoD...Is that a sack? He is the Minister of State Petroleum as well...That's no sack,Buhari simply alleviated his burden.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by onepluone: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
I smell corruption. Northerners everywhere!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by NeilOssai(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
When u said sack!
I Tot dey removed him
... i tire oooo.....the level of unprofessional reportage in this country is pathetic.....GMD and CHAIRMAN WISH IS HIGHER!!!!.......God help Us!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by sukkot: 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
dayummmmmmmmmm ipob wee nut like diz wan ooooo shocked
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Kakamorufu(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2016
ped007:
President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru. In a press statement issued today in Abuja, the president office stated that Kachikwu as the minister for State for Petroleum will now be the chairman of the Board of the NNPC.

See full statement below:

PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR NNPC

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director- Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; and
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
President Buhari urges the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, " and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset."

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser
(Media and Publicity)
July 4, 2016

Source: http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/04/buhari-sacks-kachickwu-gmd-nnpc
wow, another notherner. Emefiele shld be next. Am i right.?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ENZOSCIFO1: 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
For all of you insulting the President I can clearly see that the joke is on you all. Common lack of understanding is the problem here..

Let me
explain.
The hierarchy in the Nigerian Petroleum industry is as follows from top to bottom.
1) Min of Petroleum
2) Min of State for Petroleum
3) Chairman Board of NNPC
4) GMD NNPC.

Now it so happens that prior to now there was no No 3; and No 2 and No 4 was same person.

What that means that No 4 cannot report to No 3 ,who in turn reports to No 2 when 2 and 4 is same person. So it makes sense for No 4 to move up to No 3 so that No and 2 and 3 can be same person while a new person occupies No 4.

If u still don't understand the logic as at now...sorry I can't help u any further.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by princeakins(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is not a sack, jux mere reshuffling... cmon d word sack shouldnt b used bcuz he is stil in d system.. Nigerians are dr killing headlines.. undecided
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by OKorowanta: 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
I'm beginning to hate dis badstard leader.
Out of di 9 persons appointed,5 are northerners.
Animal man!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ddippset(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
cupid4ig:
What do I expect when he sided his people against Amaechi. I know Buhari wasn't happy about that
you are the dullard of the year. 2016 hasn't even ended yet you are odds on favourite to win the award for dullard of the year. But looking at the positive side of your thrashment I those you guys said amaechi was used and dumped? How does he command so much godly influence?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by henryutd(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have nothing to say. I rather wait on NDA to respond first before me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Ologuneruagba(m): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is an elevation and not a sack!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Anabel(f): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
Na replace na. Them.just shift him position down small. But I thought na South South person go dey there. Why a Northerner?? I tire o
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by onatisi(m): 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
pdppower:
Must all govt corporations be headed by Hausas?
Yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
I can forsee a tribal war brewing here. Until we give preference to Merit over ethnicity, Nigeria won't grow. The current Governor of the Bank of England is a Canadian despite the presence of world class institutions.

But the Ibos shouldn't cry foul, they had a fair share during GEJ's tenure and Nigeria did burn.

GEJ's Tenure
President - South South Bayelsa
SGF - South East Ebonyi
Deputy Speaker- South East Imo
Deputy Senate President - South East Enugu
Minister of Finance- South South Delta
Minister of Petroleum - South South Bayelsa
Minister of Aviation - South East Anambra later Osita Chidoka
Minister of Health- South East Ebonyi
Minister of Works - Onolememen
Minister of Power - Nnaji later Nebo
Minister of Labour - Emeka Wogu - Abia

All these happened under the hero and the South Westerners never shouted as you all are now. I guess you now know how it feels when you're left out of your entitlement.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ricababy1: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
my tell if only the southerners and Igbos will understand that northerners love themselves more than anyone
if you are not a Muslim you no belong.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by wristbangle: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Atimes I am forced to say PMB is extremely dumb and a tribalistic man. You sacked someone and still make him the chairman of NNPC board. I just don't get it. Just look at names that constitute the board of directors.

Well 2019 is around the corner, if he continues this rubbish even his brother will vote him out let alone the southerners.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) / Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.