Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (74404 Views)

Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by paulabdeel(m): 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
ENZOSCIFO1:
For all of you insulting the President I can clearly see that the joke is on you all. Common lack of understanding is the problem here..

Let me
explain.
The hierarchy in the Nigerian Petroleum industry is as follows from top to bottom.
1) Min of Petroleum
2) Min of State for Petroleum
3) Chairman Board of NNPC
4) GMD NNPC.

Now it so happens that prior to now there was no No 3; and No 2 and No 4 was same person.

What that means that No 4 cannot report to No 3 ,who in turn reports to No 2 when 2 and 4 is same person. So it makes sense for No 4 to move up to No 3 so that No and 2 and 3 can be same person while a new person occupies No 4.

If u still don't understand the logic as at now...sorry I can't help u any further.

You are the one being logical, they are carrying out an agenda. What qualifies the new GMD better Kachikwu? The Chairman is a figure head who comes around when invited for a meeting. The GMD is the CEO. Kachichkwu still has some say, small as a Minister of State. Look at the composition of the board. The north has been raping this country since 1972. Logic has no place.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by OKorowanta: 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
ENZOSCIFO1:

But common sense says if the no is going to 9 as expected that one region would have an advantage of one over the other. It is either it is 5 to 4 North to South or same 5 -4 South to North....
Let's not get unnecessary sentimental jor

Buhari juju bin work me for di beginning,but e don dey unwork me.
Di guy na Devil's agent.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
WELCOME TO THE NORTHERN NIGERIA PETROLEUM CORPORATION

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Wallade(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Combining the duties of minister of state for petroleum resources and GMD of NNPC was an anomaly ab-initio. It is a lot of responsibility for Ibe Kachikwu and it is also a control issue.

Combining such offices could compromise the system if the minister choose to be corrupt. For the purpose of control, checks and balances, the persons administering the both offices should be separated.

However, this is not a sack. Ibe should be relieved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Holrange2(m): 7:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism, favouritism and bias. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified. See the BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 80 percent core northerners too. I remember many Buhari Ass-lickers saying Northerners are more Trustworthy, Seriously; Zombiesm is worst than terrorism.

I dey laugh those my people wey think say Buhari na man of integrity and unbiased grin grin man of integrity my ass.

Do you even read before commenting before blaming you though the OP have to be talked to :OP you are among those that creates chaos he wasn't sacked now
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Eston: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
My brother Ibe Kachikwu please resign from this government, and salvage your remaining pride. These abokis have nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ricababy1: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Let me tell you people if only the southerners and Igbos will understand that northerners love themselves more than anyone
if you are not a Muslim you no belong.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by gbagyiza: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
When u said sack!
I Tot dey removed him

Forget about all dis mis-leading news papers.....
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by southpole: 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism, favouritism and bias. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified. See the BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 80 percent core northerners too. I remember many Buhari Ass-lickers saying Northerners are more Trustworthy, Seriously; Zombiesm is worst than terrorism.

I dey laugh those my people wey think say Buhari na man of integrity and unbiased grin grin man of integrity my ass.

Tell us any southern minister that have perform exceptionally starting from FASOLA, may be BUHARI doesn't want the confusion in Abia or the used of housemaids names by the queen of Anambra to spread to the petroleum sector. Actually you are right that Northerners are more trust worthy.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by hazyfm: 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
youalreadyknow:

Think a university Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor then you know who the illiterate is.

The way my fellow Nigerians reason though... Read what you posted and ask your question again
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by sammft99: 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
DPR Headed by North ,NNPC Headed by North,NLNG Headed by North,Petroluem minister headed by Buhari-North....Haba! Anything Oil is headed by the North. What kind of change is this? DPR Staff are 90% North......

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by hazyfm: 7:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
youalreadyknow:

Think a university Chancellor and a Vice Chancellor then you know who the illiterate is.

So you would rather be a Vice Chancellor than be a Chancellor?

Gullible mindset

So who is the Chancellor of your University? That's if you attended one

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by RaptorX: 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
d33types:

You're always predicting and it stands..kudos
****not to see that this bloody bigot of a president has a satanic agenda that he his unfolding right b4 ur eyes. Why don't you people get it that this is a high stake game of power consolidation for a section of the country that sees it's survival in keeping this useless entity of a country together who felt GEJ was a mistake never to be repeated again. You fools have been used and dumped. By this time next year it will become so glaring that you morons cannot deny it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by emi14: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
pdppower:
Must all govt corporations be headed by Hausas?

Yes. B. Tinubu is aware. His endorsed.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Forget promote sack reshuffle e t c...My own is Y always a northern person this so called president always appointing...Watch out d longer he stays there after he use this tenure to bless his sponsors from other tribes then next time is fully northern pple
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by SeverusSnape(m): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
southpole:

Tell us any southern minister that have perform exceptionally starting from FASOLA, may be BUHARI doesn't want the confusion in Abia or the used of housemaids names by the queen of Anambra to spread to the petroleum sector. Actually you are right that Northerners are more trust worthy.
I didn't say that, Zombies did. I guess Abacha, Buhari, Dasuki and other Northern looters are trust worthy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by sammft99: 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
Anything Oil is North,They dont like ND but they love the Oil from ND......God is seeing us all
paulabdeel:

You are the one being logical, they are carrying out an agenda. What qualifies the new GMD better Kachikwu? The Chairman is a figure head who comes around when invited for a meeting. The GMD is the CEO. Kachichkwu still has some say, small as a Minister of State. Look at the composition of the board. The north has been raping this country since 1972. Logic has no place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
Perilous times

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
It's actually better for him, the man is a pure technocrat. He's not used to all the political fuckery and bureaucratic bs
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by RonJeremy: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mallam Amaechi AKA Sabo, you see your life? Stabbing & selling your own family for a gallon of fura.....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by 989900: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wallade:
Combining the duties of minister of state for petroleum resources and GMD of NNPC was an anomaly ab-initio. It is a lot of responsibility for Ibe Kachikwu and it is also a control issue.

Combining such offices could compromise the system if the minister choose to be corrupt. For the purpose of control cheques and balances, the persons administering the both offices should be separated.

I beg leave them, trying to make wailers see reason works as well as trying to baptize a cat.

Kachikwu is the Minister of state, and in the real sense of it ,the Fed minister of pet. even (Buhari is just a figure head, or gate-keeper if you will). And he is also the chairman of the board (Kachikwu calls all the shots), if he were a northerner, the same set of people wailing will be the same set of people convulsing northern agenda. How a GMD supersedes this is beyond me, or why he should also be the GMD.

OTOH, the list is a fairly balanced one: 4 southerners vs 5 northerners.

Wailers, SMH. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by sammft99: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
GMD is higher....Chairman is just for meetings,.ceremonial,Have you ever heard the name Chairman of board of NNPC
nwamummy96:
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by reborn1: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
Wallade:

Combining such offices could compromise the system if the minister choose to be corrupt. For the purpose of control cheques and balances, the persons administering the both offices should be separated.

God bless you. Henceforth, I will never argue on this forum cos it has been populated by kids and dumb illiterates blinded by hate and tribalism. I weep for Nigerian youths.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by macherie1: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is worse than sack. The Headline should have read "Demoted". Kachiku who used to control NNPC will now be reporting to the minister as Chairman. Kachiku should save his face by resigning. I sincerely hope he does.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by naijaboy756: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
It is a mystery how northerners without any resource or meaningful contribution to Nigeria are the ones leading this country. The least educated tribe controlling all. My brothers from the waist!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by linearity: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwamummy96:
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?

In this case the GMD is more powerful than the Chairman.

Generally, the chairman heads the board and oversees the big picture vision and direction of the company but the GMD runs the day to day operations, the GMD have total control of the companies operations and chair directs the board.

Since NNPC is government owned, Buhari is technically the chairman as he will be the one to give general directions and visions of NNPC, while the GMD carries them out...and as such Kachikwu is just a figure head here, Buhari is just using him to meet the constitutional mandate of appointing ministers from all states of the federation but vests all the powers on the GMD.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by southpole: 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
paulabdeel:

The North has been raping this country may be because the south is a political prostitute

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by ENZOSCIFO1: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
paulabdeel:

Okay which would you prefer Kachiukwu to remain as GMD or to remain as Minister of State. Cos he definitely can't hold both positions if the board is to be constituted with a different chairman due to what I explained in my earlier post. Except of cos you want Kachiukwu to be GMD, Chairman and Mins of State.....which does not make any business sense......

So tell me the best approach if the board of NNPC must constituted?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by stonemasonn: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
krendo:
Buhari's chief of staff is a member of the board of NNPC

Buhari go steal money to death the way things are

We are finished!

Abba Kyari
Abba Kyari's job in the board is to spy and report back.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by nduchucks: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
hazyfm:
That is not SACK, he was PROMOTED

Are you guys posting trash above me illiterates ??

Please tell these tribalistic and racist dullards. smh

In their ignorance they are even shamelessly calling NNPC's chairman of the board a figure head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) / Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.