Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC (74400 Views)

Aisha Alhassan: If Buhari Sacks Me For Supporting Atiku, I Will Not Be Bothered / NNPC: Why Kachikwu Was Removed As GMD / NDIMRC Condemns Removal Of Kachikwu's As Nnpc's GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by 989900: 10:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
RedCapChief:

grin grin

[s]You could have just shut up if you knew there was nothing to say.
Stop blowing up my mentions with your ignorance[/s]
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by scoobs: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2016

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwamummy96:
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?
if u attended a university, please class rep and course rep, which one pass?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by kellydesmond: 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
[quote author=ped007 post=47205124]President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu as the group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and replaced him with Maikanti Baru. In a press statement issued today in Abuja, the president office stated that Kachikwu as the minister for State for Petroleum will now be the chairman of the Board of the NNPC.

See full statement below:

PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR NNPC

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the composition of the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), as provided for under Section 1(2) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act of 1997, as amended.
The new board is composed of the following:
A. Chairman-Dr Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, Honourable Minister of State for Petroleum;
B. Group Managing Director- Dr Maikanti Kacalla Baru;
C. The Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance; and
D. The following six persons:
1. Mallam Abba Kyari
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal.
President Buhari urges the new board to ensure the successful delivery of the mandate of the NNPC, " and serve the nation by upholding the public trust placed on them in managing this critical national asset."

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser
(Media and Publicity)
July 4, 2016
No Igbo man accept confused KACHUKWU
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by buksaylor001: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
All northerners?
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by buksaylor001: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
It's part of the northernisation policy-
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by JAWBONE(m): 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
hazyfm:
That is not SACK, he was PROMOTED

Are you guys posting trash above me illiterates ??

You are the only illiterate here The GMD is in charge of running the affairs of the company which has been taken from kachikwu
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by tomakint: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
fyneguy:
2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure

Tinubu men
Gbam! At least I know of his main nigga, Chief Pius Akinyelure

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Mydazz(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
Abba Kyari finally compensated,.... #bewareofLabourLeaders #fearGod
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by AnanseK(m): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
pdppower:
Must all govt corporations be headed by Hausas?

The new appointee is not Hausa. Wailers in their foolishness would want the President to appoint another Okoro as the GMD when the minister and the chairman is Igbo.
Perhaps Kachikwu should have retained the GMD position while the new man Baru becomes the minister and Board Chairman.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by excel101(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
nwamummy96:
Pls Chairman and GMD which of the post is higher?
Its which nd which is high again. But the one dats more influential
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by springer: 11:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
May be because he made Nigerians buy fuel at the present prices or may be he was supposed to honourably resign when NDA emerged the sabotage. Chairman is superior but GMD is strategic just as 10th in ranking Supreme Court Judge is superior but President of Court of Appeal strategic. . See d case of Justice Agab where a civil servant refused to be promoted....(i dont know the fact). Where d man dey sef?
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by RickyTan: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
AnanseK:

The new appointee is not Hausa. Wailers in their foolishness would want the President to appoint another Okoro as the GMD when the minister and the chairman is Igbo.
Perhaps Kachikwu should have retained the GMD position while the new man Baru becomes the minister and Board Chairman.

What a misleading headline.
Our brother Kachikwu was definitely not sacked. He is the Minister of State still and new Chariman NNPC BOARD. PMB had ignored us and pushed a Northern agenda but not this time. 5-4 count is not bad
I 'm sure he is tired of GMD work. You can see all the PMB men are parked in the board. The technocrat relegated to GMD will be the suffer head in this arrangement
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Izonpikin: 11:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mintek:

What a lame argument.

Were those not ministers? Is each state of the federation not constitutionally entitled to a ministerial slot?
that's an apc robot you're replying .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by mindtricks: 11:44pm On Jul 04, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism, favouritism and bias. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified. See the BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 80 percent core northerners too, No federal Character. I remember many Buhari Ass-lickers saying Northerners are more Trustworthy, Seriously; Zombiesm is worst than terrorism.

I dey laugh those my people wey think say Buhari na man of integrity and unbiased grin grin man of integrity my ass.

This dangerous lopsidedness is better imagined than seen playing out before our very own eyes. Common things like this fairness which are very sensitive in a multi-tribal society like ours (which even the Federal character sought to guarantee) should be at best taken seriously.
Really sad and shameful Buhari will rather always prove his critics right in his appointments, and in the name of tolerance Buhari's apologists blindly argue that it means nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by papinx(m): 11:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
Gbam
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by mindtricks: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
AnanseK:

They want you not to feign ignorance of the need for proper balancing between the South and North in the entire appointments.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by mindtricks: 11:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
JAWBONE:

You are the only illiterate here The GMD is in charge of running the affairs of the company which has been taken from kachikwu

Really Interesting. Nigeria sometimes reminds me of Animal Farm.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Ranchhoddas: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
hazyfm:

You sure say no be you dey post thrash?
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by wirinet(m): 11:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
bayooooooo:

Thomas John is T.Y Danjuma's candidate.
Pius Akinyelure is Tinubu's candidate. They have been friends since their days in Mobil.
Not just friends, chief Pius Akinyelure was Tinubu's boss at Mobil, he was finance director and Tinubu was chief accountant.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 05, 2016
wirinet:

Not just friends, chief Pius Akinyelure was Tinubu's boss at Mobil, he was finance director and Tinubu was chief accountant.

You are correct
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by wirinet(m): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2016
RedCapChief:

Alison-Madueke was Chairman of the Board and Honourable Federal Minister of Petroleum.
Don't pretend like you're not aware of the second part of her job description

Ibe kachukwu is as good as the substantive minister of petroleum, because he reports to no other person than the president. All ministers report directly to the president, who has the final say in any matter he chooses to.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by gozmok1(m): 12:09am On Jul 05, 2016
Bolustic:
I can forsee a tribal war brewing here. Until we give preference to Merit over ethnicity, Nigeria won't grow. The current Governor of the Bank of England is a Canadian despite the presence of world class institutions.

But the Ibos shouldn't cry foul, they had a fair share during GEJ's tenure and Nigeria did burn.

GEJ's Tenure
President - South South Bayelsa
SGF - South East Ebonyi
Deputy Speaker- South East Imo
Deputy Senate President - South East Enugu
Minister of Finance- South South Delta
Minister of Petroleum - South South Bayelsa
Minister of Aviation - South East Anambra later Osita Chidoka
Minister of Health- South East Ebonyi
Minister of Works - Onolememen
Minister of Power - Nnaji later Nebo
Minister of Labour - Emeka Wogu - Abia

All these happened under the hero and the South Westerners never shouted as you all are now. I guess you now know how it feels when you're left out of your entitlement.

what of other parastatals like military

oga so you get mind to even compare buhari s favoritism*and one sided appointments of key post to his brothers alone forgetting we the YORUBAs that put him there

2019 please come tomorrow Nigerians are suffering
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by wirinet(m): 12:16am On Jul 05, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Is Buhari not acting a dual role as minister of petroleum Buhari should resign too as president and become APC chairman.

Your logic no make sense.

According to the presidential system of government, the president is the minister of ministers. All executive powers reside in the president. According to Buhari, ministers are simply people he sends to make some noise.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 05, 2016
The composition of the board is fair to Nigeria.

1. Clearly, there are two slots for Niger Delta ably occupied by Ibe Kachikwu and Thomas (Asuquo) John.
2. Major ethnic groups--Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo are also represented.
3. Many, if not all, have vast and relevant experience in oil industry. It's an appointment driven mostly by competence plus a bit of political consideration.
4. The GMD, until his appointment, was a personal aide to Kachikwu. Most likely, he was recommended by Kachikwu and as such there might be a good working relationship between them.

I have some reservations though:

1.I don't like the fact that the Chief of Staff is appointed to that board. It will impose self censorship on the board and many would interpret his opinion(s) rightly or wrongly as that of President Buhari. His appointment is more or less a pollution on that board.

2. We change GMDs too often that it's close to pure illusion to think this one can carry out any meaningful reforms. Hopefully, this one will be allowed to stay till 2019. But the point needs to be made that without a fixed tenure, and respect for tenureship, long time planning will always be at the expense of political considerations, and suffer.

3.In my opinion, some of them including Akinyelure and John are too old to be appointed.

Overall, it's not really a bad board that reflects bias except that the power of the minister has been weakened as far as NNPC is concerned and there is no other way to rectify this other than making Kachikwu a full minister. But I can't see any BIAS in the composition.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by signz: 12:27am On Jul 05, 2016
JAWBONE:

He's not an illiterate. He's smart.

He's just trying hard to misinform gullible NL's
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by wirinet(m): 12:28am On Jul 05, 2016
chivic:

The position of a chairman is more ceremonial and political in nature.But the GMD oversees the running of the organization,and has a major say. It's just like asking ;who is in charge of the country? APC chairman or president (GMD)
The chairman only presides over meetings and make some political decisions. However,employment,Staffing and other internal running of NNPC will be in the hands of the GMD.He is the Manager and the most feared individual in the corporation
So would you have preferred kachukwu to be retained as the GMD and have another person appointed as the chairman of the board? It is wrong to have the same person as the chief executive and the chairman of the board of director of an organization.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 05, 2016
wirinet:

Ibe kachukwu is as good as the substantive minister of petroleum, because he reports to no other person than the president. All ministers report directly to the president, who has the final say in any matter he chooses to.

Largely true.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Mob2323(m): 2:02am On Jul 05, 2016
SeverusSnape:

I came to look at the name of the person he replaced him with, And I wasn't disappointed, Buhari can't conceal his nepotism, favouritism and bias. Since southerners aren't qualified, according to zombies, Let him continue appointing the core northerners who are more qualified. See the BOARD OF DIRECTORS, 80 percent core northerners too, No federal Character. I remember many Buhari Ass-lickers saying Northerners are more Trustworthy, Seriously; Zombiesm is worst than terrorism.

I dey laugh those my people wey think say Buhari na man of integrity and unbiased grin grin man of integrity my ass.

you are very stupid is there not igbo or yoruba in the list ,just say you hate hausa people,even a thousand of you hate hausa is can take a drop of sweat away from people grin
SeverusSnape:

you are very stupid is there not igbo or yoruba in the list ,just say you hate hausa people,even a thousand of you hate hausa is can take a drop of sweat away from people
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by Chicent(m): 2:28am On Jul 05, 2016
hazyfm:

he was promoted yes..... But GMD calls the shot. Chairman of the board in this case is just the chairman noting more. So if u dont mind...... He was SacProm.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by damon222: 3:04am On Jul 05, 2016
CyerSeries:
80% northerners and Ibe Kachukwu is almost a figure head.. It's OK. angry .. I hope some stupid southerners are learning undecided
The blasting, bumbing will never stop. Some pained persons will pretend and say, they are spoiling thier region. These people are highly pained that they are develping the highest Blood Pressure. These people are dying secretly because of the bumbing of the oil installations. Thieves. They usually say their region will be useless etc. Let them, the owners destroy their region. With time EVERYWHERE, EVERY REGION will stop functioning.
Dangote is building the biggest refinery outside the south south yet intend to take the crude from the south south abi? How many crude do lagos has?
With Buhari, peace will run away from Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Sacks Kachikwu As GMD Of NNPC by bashydemy1: 3:10am On Jul 05, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Sorry Mr SS/SE cannot really be trusted, 70% of those that looted Nigeria dry are from those region, Stella Oduah, Alison Maduekwe, Okonjo,Tompolo, etc the milk Nigeria dry at Federal Level

Beside do you want him to be replace with him brother? Someone from SS was Sacked and you want him to be replaced with another SS? If you defination od appoint based on names make you think someone is Northerners, then PMB is not Biased as he did everything equal

1. Mallam Abba Kyari
5. Mallam Mohammed Lawal, and
4. Dr Tajuddeen Umar..........................................NORTHERNERS

2. Dr Thomas M.A John
3. Dr Pius O. Akinyelure
6. Mallam Yusuf Lawal...........................SOUTHERNERS

If the mallam you see their makes you tihnk they are northerners then think twice and remember you hardly see Hausa with name Lawal.

If you are not satisfy with PMB appointment, You can do the bold below.

Go and Die

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Professor Osibanjo Right With This? (PICS) / Another Senator Caught Sleeping [photo] / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.