Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Ways Of Tackling Army Worm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ways Of Tackling Army Worm (1549 Views)

Organic Farming: Agro-park Successfully Combated Army Worm / Insecticide for Army Worm For Sale / Vermiculture: Is There A Worm Farm In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Maxcollins042(m): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hello agriculturists in the house,their is this virus popularly known as army worm attacking my maize crops. I decided to bring up this issue in here for those savvy with its prevention to help profer a solution to this invasion. Pics of the handwork of this virus are below

Proud farmer of the federal republic of Nigeria

Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Monocrotophos: 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2016
you cannot call armyworm a virus, its an insect pest, pls first identify the actual insect that is defoliating your crops then you can know the right chemical to use with dosage prescription.
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Monocrotophos: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
you cannot call an insect pest infestation a virus unless they are actually spreading virus, from your picture we can deduce that these insects are defoliator, we cannot begin spraying regime until you have fully identified the exact insect pest eating your crops then chemicals can be suggested to you and required dosage. pls go and identify the exact insect nuisance disturbing your field.
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Emempaul(m): 4:46am On Jul 05, 2016
use sharp shooter
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Agriman(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2016
These are 5 things all farmer should know, you will love this and share to other farmers to know these 5 facts!... http://www.agrobalm.com/2016/07/things-you-should-know-as-farmer.html?m=1
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by fatytoy333(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
Use either ®Best or ®Cyperforce. Both contains Cypemethrin . 3 caps full into 16 litres knapsack. Spray early in the morning before worms crawl back into funnel, target the maize funnel.

1 Like

Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Maxcollins042(m): 1:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
Thanks
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Maxcollins042(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2016
Agriman:
These are 5 things all farmer should know, you will love this and share to other farmers to know these 5 facts!... http://www.agrobalm.com/2016/07/things-you-should-know-as-farmer.html?m=1
OK..thanks
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Maxcollins042(m): 1:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
fatytoy333:
Use either ®Best or ®Cyperforce. Both contains Cypemethrin . 3 caps full into 16 litres knapsack. Spray early in the morning before worms crawl back into funnel, target the maize funnel.
Thanks
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by Itydee(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2017
DID it work? My farm is infested again this year oo. I have a lot of those worms show up in my farm this week ravaging my maize.
Re: Ways Of Tackling Army Worm by sonety2k(m): 6:17am On Nov 16, 2019
cool

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Sell My Ugu Vegetables / List Of Construction Equipments Available For Lease And Rent / Breaking News... Npg Farms Held A Press Conference Over False Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.