Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (62952 Views)

RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) / Enforcement Of Ban On Hawking In Lagos Starts Today / Solomon Dalung Meets His Classmate At Airport In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by zomby(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
majekdom2:
I won't argue with you - if you can say street hawking is legitimate. They have a right to live anywhere but not a right to constitute a nuisance where they want to live. It's so simple. The government has made a law, live by it.

It is simply a poor and insensitive law.

The Naija government is quick to make laws that disable ordinary citizens, but finds it extremely challenging to make laws that send corrupt politicians straight to jail.

Hopeless group of people who are mentally lazy to think before making a move.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by youngsahito(m): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:
They are all goat serve them the punishment they deserve
stop spitting trash...
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Revolva(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2016
Naija na hell fire i swear
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Rolings: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
mekonglobal:

Hey mista or miss ...i'm not one of those bigot who hop around every thread trying to cause a stir, whenever i make a comment like d above which u quoted, i do so in the interest of Nigerians.. So quit ur bigotry games i'm nt interested.

Your response sounds otherwise
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
zomby:
Things are generally tough in the country; there is no jobs, no money and no food. I honestly think that BAN ON STREET HAWKING at this particular time, without any other sensible options or replacements strategies is completely irresponsible.

A sensible government will not only put an option in place, but also test this option for efficiency and effectiveness before introducing the BAN ON STREET HAWKING. Now, what exactly do you expect these people to do?

I hate leaders that think with their @@s holes. May God bless Nigeria with dedicated leaders with wisdom, that make good use of their brains...and not just this group of thieves that called themselves leaders in Nigeria.

Nigerians, expect more armed robbers; this is simply the outcome of poor decisions by our buttt-head leaders

how long are we going to continue with this poor way of living. Supposing every one decided to be trading on the street instead of renting a shop, how will our streets look like. It is high time we have some decency if we are going to develop. All traders will have a level playing field if this law in implemented well.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Rolings: 10:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
onepluone:

All are affected, stop using tribe to divide us or justify Ambode wickedness. Yorubas are worst affected than any other groups.

Wickedness? It's you ibos that are wicked littering other people's land and refusing to obey laws and when cautioned you play the tribal card . You all are here shouting because 90% of those affected by this are refugees from your mud hut enclave.swerve abeg

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Orikinla(m): 10:47pm On Jul 04, 2016
It is a tough call for the street hawkers.
I am against child abuse of underprivileged children used as hawkers on the street.

PS: The attatched photographs are copyrighted property of Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima. Reproduction or duplication in any format of media is illegal without the approval of the producer..

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by meniyoyo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:
people who are striving to survive are goat just because maybe u fill u are well placed. Is never permanent oo. If they are reported stealing now u will still open ur useless mouth to call them names. Govt just woke up and ban people's means of livelihood without alternative n u r ranting. God is watching but just know u r responsible for whatever u open ur mouth to proclaim against other. Bigot
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by wristbangle: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
LuveU2:
Ouch its true oo embarassed

Yea good p.m smiley

Lol. Same. So no more using of "dear" to entice me? tongue
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 04, 2016
I don't like insulting people,but I think some of these governors are very stupid sometimes,do they think that those streets hawkers love hawking?.

They're only doing it for survival,the other time was okada ban.

They're only creating more criminals with all this their ban.

An idle mind is noting but devils work tools.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by LuveU2(f): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. Same. So no more using of "dear" to entice me? tongue
Dearest grin Goodnight kiss
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Rolings:

Wickedness? It's you ibos that are wicked littering other people's land and refusing to obey laws and when cautioned you play the tribal card . You all are here shouting because 90% of those affected by this are refugees from your mud hut enclave.swerve abeg

Landless! U no get land becos us no carry land come this world. All land belongs to God.

U insult dem, claim land but wen they say keep the land and let us divide the country, u go dey threaten thunder and brimstone. ****
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Omonigeriarere: 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
wristbangle:
Even though I support the implementation of this ban, alternate means suppose to be provided for these hawkers to survive.

How you dey talk as if you were not born and raised in Nigeria surprised me: who government don help?
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 11:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Arsenate:
Lagos is an oil producing state so this your unintelligent gibberish doesn't hold water.

Since wen? For where? See Thief! Ole!

U will return all the oil money lagos have collected till date and those invested by Federal Gov wen it was the federal capital.

Then all oil company based in Lagos must return to NigerDelta or lose their oil facilities. We dont want Lagos or one Nigeria scam.

Carry Lagos dey go ur way, all the way to Oduduwa republi. bastard!
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Was it the government that thought them hawking?

They will adapt and survive..
Really! With the way things are going robbery might increase
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
DanceVille:
Importexport.. You be Ghost?

Nice policy buh how would they survive when they can't even build a shop nor rent.

In this current harsh economy, you can't even afford to rent a shop in Lagos.

This is just like snatching one's life.

This gonna results to more Violence in the state.

I think it's high time some traders left to their various state of origin.

Olajumoke must be from SS/SE, I know u people are not stupid and trying desperately to make this policy tribal wen obviously it cuts across tribe and ethnicity and vastly affect the poor.

Unless ur saying SS/SE constitute the poorest in society, in which case u will be wrong.

See Igbo Tinie Tempah changing yoruba Olajumoke life with one single photo opportunity

Educate and liberate urself from ignorance. it sucks!

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 11:19pm On Jul 04, 2016
Becos of that igbo boy, this is Olajumoke today.

Yoruba need to take medication before they talk or type, else they create problems with their falsehood.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by onepluone: 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
Yorubas constitute the largest numbers of hawkers in Lagos. Gosh their women even carry load at container port and construction site.

Wen Ambode creates a policy that affect majority of yoruba hawkers, they are here screaming igbo. Turning logic to sentiment. Yet wen igbos demand their own country, they start crying, begging and threatening thunder and brimstone. My definition of insanity.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Klington: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:
you are eating 3 square meal..
not surprised
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Klington: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
johnmartus:
you are eating 3 square meal..
reason why typed without thinking
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Skipuru(m): 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Keneking:
Who are the targets of this law
ndi igbo , cus Yoruba's youths are lazy.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Klington: 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mr Ambode,in ur campaign manifesto, u never told lagosians u were going to ban street trading n hawking.
u were even buying corn n roasted plantains from street traders then,after which u also took some selfie shots with them..Now u ve turned against them even wen u know that its no one's wish or hobby to hawk...God ve mercy.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Isong007(m): 11:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Before the state government embarked on this quest,did they provide d ppl anoda means of livelihood

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by blackprowler: 12:00am On Jul 05, 2016
DanceVille:

Nice policy buh how would they survive when they can't even build a shop nor rent.

How did you come about what their state of origin is? I mean, is this what Nigerian brain has to offer? Everyday I come on Nairaland only to have a heartache and end up fighting and abusing so-called human beings here. Nigerians are incredibly ignorant, starting from the top
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by yvonne111(f): 12:06am On Jul 05, 2016
DanceVille:

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by yvonne111(f): 12:07am On Jul 05, 2016
DanceVille:

In this current harsh economy, you can't even afford to rent a shop in Lagos..

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 05, 2016
olamide215:
This ambode is getting it wrong u don't solve a problem from the top u have not finished dealing with the basic problems and u want to invent Dubai in Lagos it's stupid and silly. Who does that !the likes of Dubai that he is copying did not start overnight .#abeggetwisdon
Had El Rufai listened to your thought, Abuja would have being a deserted city in Nigeria

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by TheNewIbadan: 12:12am On Jul 05, 2016
[size=18pt]There's a reason why many ibos aint online today.

The fanyogo street hawkers have been arrested embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed[/size]

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by TheNewIbadan: 12:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Skipuru:
ndi igbo , cus Yoruba's youths are lazy.

You guys sound so confused. one Ibo says most of the hawkers are Yorubas, this one is saying Yorubas are too lazy to hawk. grin grin grin grin

Y'all know who the real hawkers are. Go back to the east to hawk if you can't conform to Lagos' rule and regulations.

Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by pennywys(m): 12:27am On Jul 05, 2016
johnmartus:
twinkle twinkle little star, I wonder who you are, Comment trash on Seun nairaland without minding words nor have a rethink if you were in their shoe.
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by wiloy2k8(m): 12:34am On Jul 05, 2016
johnmartus:

OMG ... wasted sperm .
Re: Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) by BermudaTriangle(m): 1:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Haaa, gala and water makers are in trouble.

People Celebrate Orji Kalu's Supreme Court Victory In Abia (Photos) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit / Joe Abah Complains About His Innoson SUV Is Giving Him Wahala