Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now (88224 Views)

"I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / The 7 Ways You Are Breaking Your Wife’s Heart Without Saying A Word / Always To Love You ,till My Phone Do Us Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nifemi1979: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2016
You still in love and it's obvious from ur topic , your wife is breaking ur home not her sibblings. I took my time to read through all u wrote and peoples comment before I ask dis questions
1. How have u wronged her
2. Is that girl actually ur child
3. Are u sure u don't AV a secret that is out now
If u can sincerely find answers ur problem is half solved. God said I hate divorce but we are suppose to flee all appearances of evil.
If u call her as advised , how will u know she is remorseful with that her award winning drama she put up?
If u too can pretend u will win the game but u are too in love ( true love ) to do so. My brother ur life is danger but nothing is beyond God who can touch the heart of kings ..... Alas

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by MurderX: 1:04am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:
UPDATE

I sincerely appreciate the fact that almost everyone here regards this matter a very serious one, this alone warms my heart a little. I have read through every single comment on this thread and I appreciate everyone. I couldn't take down the names of those whose comments aligned with my aim of keeping my marriage, but I thank everyone all the same. I realised from a myriad of comments that informing my people will mean a beginning of the end for my marriage. My daughter too is a major consideration. Above all, she's carrying another 6 week pregnancy. I have therefore decided to eliminate (or maybe suspend as the case turns out) informing any of my family members. I decided to play the records to her while I added some words. I started by telling her that my love for her made me decide to talk to her and not to anyone who would possibly fuel separation in my home like her sisters have done. She was shocked because she had never heard any allegation from me towards her elder ones before. She thought I was crazy and I wanted to bring up what was not. Then I played a little while I summarised the wildest words from her sisters which I heard in other discussion. For the FIRST time, my wife couldn't deny ANYTHING as she was convinced beyond doubt that she had been finished. She cried bitterly as I talked further but did not know what to do. But what pained me further was that it was obvious she cried because she saw that I was going to turn to an emperor and ridicule and justifiably disgrace her elderly advisers, NOT really because I was betrayed.

Right there, I was looking for a particular one to play and then even heard what I didn't hear before. Her eldest sister said she had discussed with some other siblings to intensify efforts towards her job search that as soon as she gets a job, she would have to be sending money home for them to create something for her in their town so she could come settle. She cried further as she heard it too. I told her the implications of what she had done to me with her people and then left her in the room because my baby girl was disturbing me. Anytime our voices are not friendly, she interrupts and cries for attention. I took my daughter to the living room and was playing with her.

After about 1 hour, she came to the living room and fell down before me as she cried further, saying "I'm sorry". Then I asked her to state exactly what she was begging me for - her betrayal or her siblings' offence. She knows me very well, she quickly said her betrayal (even though I knew that wasn't the primary cause of her heavy heart). Then I told her I was willing to forgive her in the spirit of upholding my marital vows to her. I explained further that for the sake of our daughter and the unborn one(s), I was willing to forgive her and build a stronger home with her. She felt a little relief knowing that she was getting back into me. I then said "but from this minute, I'm in a ruthless war with anyone, I repeat, ANYONE who is determined to break my home as I now have to guard our togetherness jealously". I stated further that the only thing I would hold against her was if she ever stood in my way. Just as if a thunder just struck and killed someone dear to her, she cried loudly again saying "she had finished her life". She said she would be the one to suffer in the war I just declared and that I should just allow her to call all of them and tell them never to meddle into our affairs again. I refused to fall for that trick and held my stance that my resolve was not going to change and I walked away. Since then till this moment, she has been like a mourning widow. When it was time for food, we ate together as usual and I've been the one trying to talk now. She hasn't spoken with anyone on phone since then, although I don't know about Whatsapp or BBM chat. Now she's waiting for the next available opportunity when she could plead for her sisters again... only God knows for how long the waiting would be. Let me quickly mention that she sent me an SMS from the bedroom a while ago: I CAN SEE THE HANDWORK OF THE DEVIL IN THIS WHOLE MATTER, PLS LET'S TRY TO RESIST THE DEVIL THIS TIME SO HE CAN FLEE FROM OUR HOME. I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD DEAR".... I simply replied from the living room: "ON THE CONTRARY HONEY, I CAN SEE THE HAND OF GOD. CAN'T YOU SEE IT?"

On another note, I do not want to assume that she will not tell her sisters, although it might take a while because she knew they would rebuke her for delivering them into the hands of their 'enemy' through Call Recorder. But before she informs them, I think I'd follow someone's advice here too that I should reveal it to someone who could keep it away from my mum and sisters, which is surely my Dad - just to put someone in the know, in case I begin to smell rat poison in my food... lol. What do you think?

Cc: ezechueze, Mafking, AccidentalGenius, RadicallyBlunt, ojun50, GoldenJAT, olempe, LuveU2, goldbim, phabulous88, pharmagba, 2goodbobo, PezzoNovante, marvelous000, Tritri, IRserveMyComent, AlienStar, STENON, krak101, AccidentalGenius, danduchi, samsam2019, uchedydy, Ruemufaith, sashishalom, ednut1, bakynes, sumborr, general111, byvan03, obiak4, Eketem, obiak4, emekachimek, elektra, priceaction, segzy0i, MizzD, richyfunky, bellong, nnamdibig, Timbuktou, TheArchangel, tearoses, andromida, HaneefahRN, TV01, Amelian, WellEndowed, Jethrolite, baeboo, trishapal, drss, Donemmy, Ujoan, pcguru1, Tochex101, pastorpussy, crackhaus, ranktzy, cococandy, mysticgal, toksbisola, Okikiki, succourplanet, Darla, ummeey, kaboninc, BiggyB242, Ishilove

Time bomb loading....
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by luvablesam(m): 1:05am On Jul 06, 2016
I read @OP's update n I felt like crying. What in the world is wrong with you?. You just gave her a heads up . Her seemed depression is as a result that she got caught not cos she's sorry. Op now she's would hatch a plan to be extra careful with her phone and general conversations. You really messed everything up,didn't you. Now she thinks, 'oh well,I am the dutchess of this castle,I cant be shaken. He cant do jack'. Kai,you fall your hand I swear. Who gets a drug dealer for doing codine,when you can can catch him for peddling cocaine. You weren't thinking were you?. Even if you really want to keep your marriage,you should have made it seem that you weren't interested

17 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by no1madman(m): 1:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Witch! But If she give me,i go chop !
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Olopsy01(f): 1:09am On Jul 06, 2016
May God take Control...But don't be dismay by the way we exclaim,every home has its peculiar challenge only when discussed openly we get to know how terrible they are. Yours isn't the worst case. There is nothing new under the sky. Please don't discuss the shortcomings of your wife with your Family....they won't forgive her. She can repackage you before her people and you will be accorded the respect you think is lost.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by goingape: 1:10am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:
NOTICE: Please, my story is still very long despite that I tried very hard to remove some unnecessary portions. But if you can be patient to read it to the end, then you are ready to give a mature opinion.

I am a Yoruba guy married to another Yoruba lady who happened to be the last of seven children. We met at the University and had a long courtship before we got married in 2014. I loved her so much and I believe she loved me too. We were each other's best friends. Shortly before we began to plan the wedding, on one faithful afternoon, I was watching the TV in my living room when I began to feel a slight pain in my lower abdomen. It got more intense within few hours and I had to go to a nearby hospital and by that time, the pain was inside my scrotum. The young doctor there didn't understand what was wrong and started injecting me with pain killers. I was kept there till midnight. The next morning, I noticed that one of my testicle was swelling up. I hen went to a teaching hospital where Orchitis was first diagnosed. After a week of antibiotics with no improvement, a consultant examined me and said it was torsion which should have been surgically corrected within few hours from the onset of the pain. As at that time, the testicle was dead. I had to go for surgery to have the dead one removed. My wife (then my fiancé) was with me in the hospital. She assured me that everything would be fine and that we could have as many kids as we wanted with just one left. I loved her the more.

Now we have a very beautiful daughter who obviously has my genes and delights everyone around her with her alluring beauty. We nearly lost her to a strange illness some months back but for God who used my mum to restore our daughter. That's another long story but not for this thread. My mum loves my family so much that even my wife knows that she can lay down her life for us to be fine. Since we got married, my wife hasn't worked owing partly to our daughter's health which is now very perfect. It's not been easy for me working day and night to feed the family and paying bills in a 3-bedroom apartment in Lagos but God has been helping us. My wife was so much loved in my family that people around thought she was my mum's daughter. Very hardworking and homely.

A little into her own family setup too... She has 4 female and 2 male siblings. All her siblings are married but very close to the parents. Because my wife and I were very close, I was aware of most of the happenings in their family, but I never even gave any thought to them on how they might affect my own marriage.... long story...

Last month, I repeatedly got home late due to an official event which I told my wife and I was talking to her on phone. One morning, she gave me a wild look and warned me never to come late again. I quickly noticed the strangeness in her actions and I comported myself by saying "I'm sorry, it won't happen again". We ate together and I left for work. I returned much earlier and was with her and my daughter for a couple of hours before went to bed after I told her I had a meeting the next morning.

When I woke up, I checked the time and realised I was running late. I greeted her and rushed out of the bed only for her to jump up too and say "We need to talk". Go on, I replied... Then she claimed she observed that I've been cold towards her since she tried to correct me the previous day. I denied it but she insisted, so I told her I would adjust and that I had nothing against her. She suddenly jumped at me and said I was going nowhere. I was very surprised as I asked her what was wrong with her. I begged her to let me go and if we had to discuss anything further, it could be later in the day after work. She grew wilder and began to abuse me verbally. I drew her out of my way so I could go have my bath and she grabbed my singlet and tore it down. I was shocked! I then grabbed her two hands and pushed her to sit on the bed. She just jumped up and said "this is what I've been waiting for". She rushed to her phone and called my dad. Immediately my dad answered the call, she suddenly began to cry saying "your son has been beating me since we woke up today"... It was like I was watching a nollywood movie. I looked like a poor citizen who had no money to eat but just got an allegation that EFCC had traced N1.4b to his account. My Dad called me immediately and ordered me to leave the house first before anything. Immediately, she called my mum too and said the same thing. My mum called me and began to cry that she never expected I would disgrace the family in such manner. I was sad and even had to shout at her cos she wouldn't let me say anything on phone. She didn't even give me time to explain what happened. My wife immediately called her eldest sister too and said the same thing. The sister called me and asked for what happened. I explained to her and she advised me never to raise my hand against her again, while she stylishly insulted me, but I disregarded that. I felt like Pastor Ken in the movie, 'The Price' who had to pay for what he did not do.

I had already missed my meeting but I had to go to work. That was the most horrible day for me at work because I couldn't even use my brain to do anything. I felt cheated and sincerely felt like doing what I had already suffered for. Then I felt the urge to use a bit of my power... I transferred some money to her account and then forwarded an SMS to her giving her 24hours to make up her mind on where she would love to go, either my family home or hers because I needed a break. Fee minutes later, her eldest sister called me to say my wife forwarded my SMS to her and that she was highly disappointed in me upon what she told me in the morning. I told her that I got more infuriated and betrayed seeing my wife ruin my reputation like that. She advised again and told me to go home and hug my wife. When I got home, my wife knelt down at the door and began to apologize that it was the devil. At that time, my elder sister called me and I narrated everything to her while my wife listened to me. The next morning, my wife continued to beg me. I saw the remorse and hugged her. We became happy again. The next day, I called her sister to thank her for her intervention.

My Dad came a few days later to confirm that we had settled everything. Unfortunately, I wasn't around when he arrived, so he called me on phone and I told him I would be around in about 1 hour. Before my arrival, she spoke at length with my Dad but begged him not to allow us revisit the issue on my arrival so as not to raise dusts again. On my arrival, my Dad just advised me and said he was glad we had already settled it. Since then, I've tried to get my home together again. I started leaving my office earlier than usual even when I had unfinished tasks.

This morning, I was flipping through the apps on my wife's phone and saw Call Recorder. I opened it but discovered it had a password. As a techie, I traced the file that stores all the voice calls and began to play one of my wife's recent conversations. It was with her eldest sister who intervened into our matter then. I nearly fainted!!! The sister hailed her for acting as planned and they both laughed with satisfaction. My wife said she was happy that she successfully ruined my image in my family and they both laughed again. They said they were happy that my mum who always thought she had raised good children was made to realize that I was a beast who beats his wife and so on. But the most infuriating part was when her sister said she wanted to give her tips that would help my wife succeed in marriage. She advised my wife never to be open-minded with me and that she should begin to live a separate life while pretending to be a wife in my house. She said my wife should also open a secret account for herself so that family members can occasionally drop some token into it for her upkeep because men are unreliable and my wife agreed with all what her sister said.

I opened another and it was a conversation with her immediate elder sister - not the same as above. This one picked every member of my family and abused the hell out of us... including myself. My wife enjoyed the abuses and even cheered her to talk further. They both called me 'half man' with one testicle - a secret my wife claimed she would never reveal to anyone. In this conversation, my wife told her sister that she was very glad that she finished me through what she told my dad when I was absent, they called my mother all sort of names and this one even told my wife never to act like a good daughter-in-law towards my mother, she was advised to do everything possible to prevent my mum from visiting... and so on...

Now I am extremely mad. So many options are coming to my mind but I don't know where to start from. It is now obvious that I've been living with a stranger all the while. My day at work was so horrible that I had to leave before closing. My head and heart are both heavy now but I'm trying to put myself together. Any ideas?

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Femistico(m): 1:11am On Jul 06, 2016
Just try to send dat conversation voice rec into ur phone b4 she deletes it...so dat it will serve as an evidence and then call both ur family and hers together like get-2geda party, then play the sounds there....voila the ball is now in in ur court..
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nonjebose(m): 1:18am On Jul 06, 2016
I have skimmed through many opinions and advice. Based on the update, OP I will advise you to do one very important thing, let out the cat from the bag. Since you believe she is more devastated that she has betrayed her sisters than betraying you, then IT IS IMPORTANT you inform atleast your dad. You should have taken the advice of the people on calling an expected urgent meeting after the incident. If it was just a case of disagreement between both you, that can be resolved by the two you. Her present state is too precariously dangerous.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by baby124: 1:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Fake gist. Otherwise you would have exposed the culprits in a carefully crafted family meeting, and use that opportunity to chase those her sister's far from your home. All you are doing is giving them opportunity to deal with you. It's obvious you married a very young and immature girl who doesn't know good advice from bad advice! However I don't see any wrong in your wife working or having her own assets. Especially if you are not a faithful or respectable husband. Reexamine yourself and your role, and adjust where necessary. Your wife will not be discussing you like that if you have not at a time betrayed your marriage. and a woman who loved you will never set you up to gain any benefits. This story is a fraud.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by sokunji(m): 1:20am On Jul 06, 2016
bellong:
@Op,

Do you have a copy of the recordings?

Keep your calm for now, let your head be cleared first and don't do anything stupid as you may spoil a good case.

Your wife is naive and foolish like a lamb taken to the slaughter's slab. Her sisters are obviously jealous of her marriage and are pretending to help her conquer you with a view to destroying her marriage.

I want to believe her sisters' marriage are not in order internally and they are jealous of your mum's relationship with her. Your wife trusted them too much for being siblings not to mislead her but not knowing they have a different plan. Your wife lacks knowledge, discernment and good judgement.

The point she said this is what I am waiting for when you pushed her away is a giveaway that she was acting a foolish script she doesn't know the end.

Many will want you to send her packing but I don't think it is the right thing to do. Prior to this event, you have not found any bad behaviour in and with her. Take this as a first offense.

Does it mean you shouldn't address it, by all means do.

Don't change your attitude or behaviour to her, don't give her any idea to suspect anything till weekend. During the weekend, play the recordings for her and walk away. Prior to this, book an appointment with her parents alone. Then take the recordings to them for them to listen. Don't say anything, let them do the talking afterwards. Please don't involve your parents as it will crush them..

Your wife is not a lost cause, her sisters are. She needs wisdom.

May God grant you wisdom to pull through this
how can I give this comment a million likes?

just read your update, glad u didn't pull a nollywood stunt with everyone present.

But get ur wife a gift... a very nice phone loaded with a very good spy app..there are plenty that can record calls, SMS and chat. just to be safe for the next six months.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Roseey0(f): 1:22am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:

But before she informs them, I think I'd follow someone's advice here too that I should reveal it to someone who could keep it away from my mum and sisters, which is surely my Dad - just to put someone in the know, in case I begin to smell rat poison in my food... lol. What do you think?

Your family has to be on the know. Talk to your dad.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nonjebose(m): 1:23am On Jul 06, 2016
Olopsy01:
May God take Control...But don't be dismay by the way we exclaim,every home has its peculiar challenge only when discussed openly we get to know how terrible they are. Yours isn't the worst case. There is nothing new under the sky. Please don't discuss the shortcomings of your wife with your Family....they won't forgive her. She can repackage you before her people and you will be accorded the respect you think is lost.
But from OP's update, the wife is grieving out of fear for betraying her sister than out of remorse for her action
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nonjebose(m): 1:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Roseey0:

Your family has to be on the know. Talk to your dad.
Exactly my advice to him. The beef those sisters have towards the guy's family is an issue

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Shubbylee(m): 1:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Olopsy01:

If this happened to ur little brother, is this the kind of advice u'll give him?
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Roseey0(f): 1:29am On Jul 06, 2016
nonjebose:
Exactly my advice to him. The beef those sisters have towards the guy's family is an issue
Am even scared they have a wider plan.
Op needs to pray a lot too.
Going all public about it may lead to suicide. I love the route he is taking.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by teemac01(m): 1:29am On Jul 06, 2016
Una no go go sleep abi... Make una dey dere dey drink panadol oooo...
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Olopsy01(f): 1:30am On Jul 06, 2016
nonjebose:
But from OP's update, the wife is grieving out of fear for betraying her sister than out of remorse for her action
...That's because the temper isn't normal now. Very soon normalcy will return and she will realize she has done more harm than good to her Man.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by iamlimo(m): 1:35am On Jul 06, 2016
zed7:
I'm sorry but i hail anybody who successfully marries a Yoruba woman. Una try. Marrying a Yoruba woman means marrying her sisters and mother also.
Meanwhile ur wife just happened to have a call recorder app and u just managed to find a way to break d security and listen to her conversations. Interesting.
yes people keep irrelevant apps on their phones. I know of a grown up woman dat has goal.com app on her phone and she hasn't been using it. And yes you can into an recorded files on your devices; all except encrypted ones/files. that was why whatsapp had to adapt encryption algorithm to your conversations. pls you're sick for dat comment abt marrying yoruba women, laugh wan kill me tire bad boy
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nonjebose(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2016
Olopsy01:
...That's because the temper isn't normal now. Very soon normalcy will return and she will realize she has done more harm than good to her Man.
I am of a different opinion that in such a situation as depicted by the OP, her first reaction should be convincingly that of obvious remorse and regret. I feel she would only see weakness in her husband's action when things settle down
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by yuzedo: 1:37am On Jul 06, 2016
Lol...
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nonjebose(m): 1:39am On Jul 06, 2016
Roseey0:

Am even scared they have a wider plan.
Op needs to pray a lot too.
Going all public about it may lead to suicide. I love the route he is taking.
keeping it private for a non reprobate or impressionable wife is also dangerous
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by 18wheeler: 1:42am On Jul 06, 2016
[quote author=DevGuru Any ideas? [/quote]
Bros. Just free that woman if what u say is true. Not doubting u but advising u based on your story. Let your child be out of it, whether she'Lloyd be with you or the mum but you don't need this woman. Figure it out. That wife can kill you not physically but otherwise. Best wishes bro... on the decision you make cos no one will do that for u. Be prayerful too.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by candyboy(m): 1:43am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:
NOTICE: Please, my story is still very long despite that I tried very hard to remove some unnecessary portions. But if you can be patient to read it to the end, then you are ready to give a mature opinion.

I am a Yoruba guy married to another Yoruba lady who happened to be the last of seven children. We met at the University and had a long courtship before we got married in 2014. I loved her so much and I believe she loved me too. We were each other's best friends. Shortly before we began to plan the wedding, on one faithful afternoon, I was watching the TV in my living room when I began to feel a slight pain in my lower abdomen. It got more intense within few hours and I had to go to a nearby hospital and by that time, the pain was inside my scrotum. The young doctor there didn't understand what was wrong and started injecting me with pain killers. I was kept there till midnight. The next morning, I noticed that one of my testicle was swelling up. I hen went to a teaching hospital where Orchitis was first diagnosed. After a week of antibiotics with no improvement, a consultant examined me and said it was torsion which should have been surgically corrected within few hours from the onset of the pain. As at that time, the testicle was dead. I had to go for surgery to have the dead one removed. My wife (then my fiancé) was with me in the hospital. She assured me that everything would be fine and that we could have as many kids as we wanted with just one left. I loved her the more.

Now we have a very beautiful daughter who obviously has my genes and delights everyone around her with her alluring beauty. We nearly lost her to a strange illness some months back but for God who used my mum to restore our daughter. That's another long story but not for this thread. My mum loves my family so much that even my wife knows that she can lay down her life for us to be fine. Since we got married, my wife hasn't worked owing partly to our daughter's health which is now very perfect. It's not been easy for me working day and night to feed the family and paying bills in a 3-bedroom apartment in Lagos but God has been helping us. My wife was so much loved in my family that people around thought she was my mum's daughter. Very hardworking and homely.

A little into her own family setup too... She has 4 female and 2 male siblings. All her siblings are married but very close to the parents. Because my wife and I were very close, I was aware of most of the happenings in their family, but I never even gave any thought to them on how they might affect my own marriage.... long story...

Last month, I repeatedly got home late due to an official event which I told my wife and I was talking to her on phone. One morning, she gave me a wild look and warned me never to come late again. I quickly noticed the strangeness in her actions and I comported myself by saying "I'm sorry, it won't happen again". We ate together and I left for work. I returned much earlier and was with her and my daughter for a couple of hours before went to bed after I told her I had a meeting the next morning.

When I woke up, I checked the time and realised I was running late. I greeted her and rushed out of the bed only for her to jump up too and say "We need to talk". Go on, I replied... Then she claimed she observed that I've been cold towards her since she tried to correct me the previous day. I denied it but she insisted, so I told her I would adjust and that I had nothing against her. She suddenly jumped at me and said I was going nowhere. I was very surprised as I asked her what was wrong with her. I begged her to let me go and if we had to discuss anything further, it could be later in the day after work. She grew wilder and began to abuse me verbally. I drew her out of my way so I could go have my bath and she grabbed my singlet and tore it down. I was shocked! I then grabbed her two hands and pushed her to sit on the bed. She just jumped up and said "this is what I've been waiting for". She rushed to her phone and called my dad. Immediately my dad answered the call, she suddenly began to cry saying "your son has been beating me since we woke up today"... It was like I was watching a nollywood movie. I looked like a poor citizen who had no money to eat but just got an allegation that EFCC had traced N1.4b to his account. My Dad called me immediately and ordered me to leave the house first before anything. Immediately, she called my mum too and said the same thing. My mum called me and began to cry that she never expected I would disgrace the family in such manner. I was sad and even had to shout at her cos she wouldn't let me say anything on phone. She didn't even give me time to explain what happened. My wife immediately called her eldest sister too and said the same thing. The sister called me and asked for what happened. I explained to her and she advised me never to raise my hand against her again, while she stylishly insulted me, but I disregarded that. I felt like Pastor Ken in the movie, 'The Price' who had to pay for what he did not do.

I had already missed my meeting but I had to go to work. That was the most horrible day for me at work because I couldn't even use my brain to do anything. I felt cheated and sincerely felt like doing what I had already suffered for. Then I felt the urge to use a bit of my power... I transferred some money to her account and then forwarded an SMS to her giving her 24hours to make up her mind on where she would love to go, either my family home or hers because I needed a break. Fee minutes later, her eldest sister called me to say my wife forwarded my SMS to her and that she was highly disappointed in me upon what she told me in the morning. I told her that I got more infuriated and betrayed seeing my wife ruin my reputation like that. She advised again and told me to go home and hug my wife. When I got home, my wife knelt down at the door and began to apologize that it was the devil. At that time, my elder sister called me and I narrated everything to her while my wife listened to me. The next morning, my wife continued to beg me. I saw the remorse and hugged her. We became happy again. The next day, I called her sister to thank her for her intervention.

My Dad came a few days later to confirm that we had settled everything. Unfortunately, I wasn't around when he arrived, so he called me on phone and I told him I would be around in about 1 hour. Before my arrival, she spoke at length with my Dad but begged him not to allow us revisit the issue on my arrival so as not to raise dusts again. On my arrival, my Dad just advised me and said he was glad we had already settled it. Since then, I've tried to get my home together again. I started leaving my office earlier than usual even when I had unfinished tasks.

This morning, I was flipping through the apps on my wife's phone and saw Call Recorder. I opened it but discovered it had a password. As a techie, I traced the file that stores all the voice calls and began to play one of my wife's recent conversations. It was with her eldest sister who intervened into our matter then. I nearly fainted!!! The sister hailed her for acting as planned and they both laughed with satisfaction. My wife said she was happy that she successfully ruined my image in my family and they both laughed again. They said they were happy that my mum who always thought she had raised good children was made to realize that I was a beast who beats his wife and so on. But the most infuriating part was when her sister said she wanted to give her tips that would help my wife succeed in marriage. She advised my wife never to be open-minded with me and that she should begin to live a separate life while pretending to be a wife in my house. She said my wife should also open a secret account for herself so that family members can occasionally drop some token into it for her upkeep because men are unreliable and my wife agreed with all what her sister said.

I opened another and it was a conversation with her immediate elder sister - not the same as above. This one picked every member of my family and abused the hell out of us... including myself. My wife enjoyed the abuses and even cheered her to talk further. They both called me 'half man' with one testicle - a secret my wife claimed she would never reveal to anyone. In this conversation, my wife told her sister that she was very glad that she finished me through what she told my dad when I was absent, they called my mother all sort of names and this one even told my wife never to act like a good daughter-in-law towards my mother, she was advised to do everything possible to prevent my mum from visiting... and so on...

Now I am extremely mad. So many options are coming to my mind but I don't know where to start from. It is now obvious that I've been living with a stranger all the while. My day at work was so horrible that I had to leave before closing. My head and heart are both heavy now but I'm trying to put myself together. Any ideas?
Ah Aiye leee
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by salt16: 1:50am On Jul 06, 2016
My brother your situation sounds like a movie script. I'm not a person who supports divorce, I would rather you do the following:
1. stop eatting or drinking anything your wife and her sisters have access to.
2. Pray and fast and ask God for direction regarding this matter.
3. Make copies of all the conversations she had with her sisters about making you look bad before members of you own family and keep same in a safe place.
4. Get a DNA test done on that little girl that you think is your daughter.
5. Call a family meeting and have your family members, her family members and her sisters present, lock all exit points then play the recordings that you have for all to hear.
6. Send her back to her father's house until you have a clear direction on what you want to do about the whole thing.

That woman and her sisters are on a mission, if they can go so far to discredit you before your parents and loved ones then they are probably getting ready to kill you. They are just systematically separating you and members of your family who respect and trust you. By the time they roll out their plans to get rid of you, your parents and siblings would have stopped trusting and respecting you.

The truth is this: That woman can no-longer be trusted, especially with your life. For the sake of your parents and the little girl (if she is your daughter) please prevent your untimely death do not fall for all that drama she is displaying be wise. If your being married to her can result in your death then separate from her for a while until you have a clearer picture of things. Good luck.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by salt16: 1:59am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:
UPDATE

I sincerely appreciate the fact that almost everyone here regards this matter a very serious one, this alone warms my heart a little. I have read through every single comment on this thread and I appreciate everyone. I couldn't take down the names of those whose comments aligned with my aim of keeping my marriage, but I thank everyone all the same. I realised from a myriad of comments that informing my people will mean a beginning of the end for my marriage. My daughter too is a major consideration. Above all, she's carrying another 6 week pregnancy. I have therefore decided to eliminate (or maybe suspend as the case turns out) informing any of my family members. I decided to play the records to her while I added some words. I started by telling her that my love for her made me decide to talk to her and not to anyone who would possibly fuel separation in my home like her sisters have done. She was shocked because she had never heard any allegation from me towards her elder ones before. She thought I was crazy and I wanted to bring up what was not. Then I played a little while I summarised the wildest words from her sisters which I heard in other discussion. For the FIRST time, my wife couldn't deny ANYTHING as she was convinced beyond doubt that she had been finished. She cried bitterly as I talked further but did not know what to do. But what pained me further was that it was obvious she cried because she saw that I was going to turn to an emperor and ridicule and justifiably disgrace her elderly advisers, NOT really because I was betrayed.

Right there, I was looking for a particular one to play and then even heard what I didn't hear before. Her eldest sister said she had discussed with some other siblings to intensify efforts towards her job search that as soon as she gets a job, she would have to be sending money home for them to create something for her in their town so she could come settle. She cried further as she heard it too. I told her the implications of what she had done to me with her people and then left her in the room because my baby girl was disturbing me. Anytime our voices are not friendly, she interrupts and cries for attention. I took my daughter to the living room and was playing with her.

After about 1 hour, she came to the living room and fell down before me as she cried further, saying "I'm sorry". Then I asked her to state exactly what she was begging me for - her betrayal or her siblings' offence. She knows me very well, she quickly said her betrayal (even though I knew that wasn't the primary cause of her heavy heart). Then I told her I was willing to forgive her in the spirit of upholding my marital vows to her. I explained further that for the sake of our daughter and the unborn one(s), I was willing to forgive her and build a stronger home with her. She felt a little relief knowing that she was getting back into me. I then said "but from this minute, I'm in a ruthless war with anyone, I repeat, ANYONE who is determined to break my home as I now have to guard our togetherness jealously". I stated further that the only thing I would hold against her was if she ever stood in my way. Just as if a thunder just struck and killed someone dear to her, she cried loudly again saying "she had finished her life". She said she would be the one to suffer in the war I just declared and that I should just allow her to call all of them and tell them never to meddle into our affairs again. I refused to fall for that trick and held my stance that my resolve was not going to change and I walked away. Since then till this moment, she has been like a mourning widow. When it was time for food, we ate together as usual and I've been the one trying to talk now. She hasn't spoken with anyone on phone since then, although I don't know about Whatsapp or BBM chat. Now she's waiting for the next available opportunity when she could plead for her sisters again... only God knows for how long the waiting would be. Let me quickly mention that she sent me an SMS from the bedroom a while ago: I CAN SEE THE HANDWORK OF THE DEVIL IN THIS WHOLE MATTER, PLS LET'S TRY TO RESIST THE DEVIL THIS TIME SO HE CAN FLEE FROM OUR HOME. I BEG YOU IN THE NAME OF GOD DEAR".... I simply replied from the living room: "ON THE CONTRARY HONEY, I CAN SEE THE HAND OF GOD. CAN'T YOU SEE IT?"

On another note, I do not want to assume that she will not tell her sisters, although it might take a while because she knew they would rebuke her for delivering them into the hands of their 'enemy' through Call Recorder. But before she informs them, I think I'd follow someone's advice here too that I should reveal it to someone who could keep it away from my mum and sisters, which is surely my Dad - just to put someone in the know, in case I begin to smell rat poison in my food... lol. What do you think?

Cc: ezechueze, Mafking, AccidentalGenius, RadicallyBlunt, ojun50, GoldenJAT, olempe, LuveU2, goldbim, phabulous88, pharmagba, 2goodbobo, PezzoNovante, marvelous000, Tritri, IRserveMyComent, AlienStar, STENON, krak101, AccidentalGenius, danduchi, samsam2019, uchedydy, Ruemufaith, sashishalom, ednut1, bakynes, sumborr, general111, byvan03, obiak4, Eketem, obiak4, emekachimek, elektra, priceaction, segzy0i, MizzD, richyfunky, bellong, nnamdibig, Timbuktou, TheArchangel, tearoses, andromida, HaneefahRN, TV01, Amelian, WellEndowed, Jethrolite, baeboo, trishapal, drss, Donemmy, Ujoan, pcguru1, Tochex101, pastorpussy, crackhaus, ranktzy, cococandy, mysticgal, toksbisola, Okikiki, succourplanet, Darla, ummeey, kaboninc, BiggyB242, Ishilove

I think what this woman does not want you to do is to let your family know what is really going on, for things to get to this level she has been executing this plan with a clear head for a while. As for me I think your marriage really ended a while back you just didn't notice it. (Sorry if this sounds offensive, but that's my opinion).

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by zed7: 2:03am On Jul 06, 2016
DevGuru:
UPDATE

You have a dikk but you're not acting like a man. You don't go into a gun fight with a matchete. Those women don't value you and it wouldn't matter if you're dead to them. You need to tell someone from your family and even give them a copy of the recordings.
I can't fault your wanting to keep your marriage but hope you know your in-laws don't want their sister to keep hers. Good luck to you but be wise. Don't keep this to yourself. We are tired of reading of spouse killing one another. People just don't kill, it's usually out of anger or the need to want to hide a secret. Be wise bro.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by SirAweezy(m): 2:07am On Jul 06, 2016
pharmagba:
I feel very sorry for you, but a man got to be a man
Firstly I don't know the real sickness and precise age of your daughter but one thing you must know is it is not good for a wife to have too much free time as it is a veritable devils workshop you ought to ensure she is working; open a shop for her or impregnate her so she continue baby nursing,

Now to your findings first of all copy it somewhere else like your phone and then confront her with it, play everything to her hearing, pause at intervals to ask her what you've done wrong, please don't be aggressive or angry; control your emotions. Ask her what she has to say.

Let her know it is betrayal, threaten her you will summon a family meeting of both family and see her reaction.
If or not she apologies don't tell anybody either your family or her. NEVER.. It must not come from your mouth.
But make a stand none of her family members should have your respect. They must never come to your house. Don't give reasons, don't pick or answer their calls until you see full repentance in her. which must be after like a year. .it is her family that must bear the brunt and punishment Nothing more

Don't divorce her she is your wife, folly is in the mind of a woman. I know it will definitely leave a scar in your relationship, forgive her still and try to let go, call her from work and be a good father and husband.

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE IN REAL LIFE!!!

Sad reality your marriage is over... stay in and dig your grave.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by banmee(m): 2:09am On Jul 06, 2016
LuveU2:
Wow. This is not good at all.

modified: Haven read till the end, your wife's recent behaviour does not add up because it betrays logic and common sense.

How can a woman who stood by you when you had a life threatening ish go so low to damage your reputation after?

Even if she can conceive a thought like this, for what profit is she spoiling you? She has all to lose.

If your story is true, then your wife may start roaming the streets soon cause she does things that make no damn sense.

Most stories on NL always betray logic and common sense. I honestly believe they are made up to garner likes and or written by the MODs. And, the ones that are actually real are filled with half truths and omissions so as to sway sympathy towards the OP. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by teebillz: 2:10am On Jul 06, 2016
IRserveMyComent:
Before you do anything first take your daughter for a dna test. It is unbelievable how your best friend is turning to your worst foe. If possible transfer all the recorded evidence to your phone, then call her two sisters the very ones you listened to their conversation. Fix i meeting with them in an eatry or any other un hidden place but do not let your wife know about it. Play the records to them and demand explanations or if they are married call their husbands and play the records to them. Either way make it known to them that they cant succeed in tryin to break your home. Tell them you love your wife (even if you feel otherwise at the moment). That she is your best friend and that all their gimmicks to break your home or make it unstable will never work. (and while at it make sure your phone is on record). When you are home call your wife and ask her exactly what she wants. Play her call recorded conversations with her sisters from your phone (this will shock her). Then tell her of your meeting with her sisters or their husbands as the case may be. Then play where you where telling them they wont succeed in breaking your home or making it unstable. If she still has a living conscience she would apologise and admit her wrongs. (you are taking these measures to save your home, not because you are at fault or anything) I wish you God's grace.

He should save his life first.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nonkit(m): 2:11am On Jul 06, 2016
How sure are you that she's not on Nairaland? I don't know why I feel she is here with us, reading everything on this thread. Pls, act fast in whatever decision you have made on this matter.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 06, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women / Kenyan Lady Sleeps With Her Best Friend's Husband, Sends Him Nudes, Gets Exposed / Twerking Young Girl Amazes Social Media Users, Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 221
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.