Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:45 AM

My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now (88163 Views)

"I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / The 7 Ways You Are Breaking Your Wife’s Heart Without Saying A Word / Always To Love You ,till My Phone Do Us Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by pharmagba: 7:18am On Jul 05, 2016
obiak4:

Sorry are same, Just asking because you sound like the wife sister or mother
Op if you take advice from people like this prepare for your obituary in 2weeks
If she get to have an infinitesimal idea that you have heard that recording you are dead pls believe me because from your narrative the whole family is against you,
Your best bet is get a copy of the recordings tell your family members and her family members you want to celebrate your union back if you have strong men hired to restrain her family members because They might get violence during the meeting
Play the recordings everyone would know where he stands
After playing it to all family members, then what next? Fighting, quarrelling and divorce. Thait is too childish, and such a man is not to enter marriage less so being called a man.
My job enables me to know issues about lots of marriage, and I see great marriage is actually a decision. A decision to love and stay together'. A you've got to be committed to that decision.
People in marriage have said worst things and done worst thing yet they weathered the storm of marriage. I tell you this iis a minor issue it can be easily resolved

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by elektra(f): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Eketem:

Let the marriage end if that is what would happen. Why do we want to shield this nonsense? Because a woman is involved we are suddenly concerned about home restoration.

These witches would have continued this torture for years if he had not heard this recording.

Let the whole family come let them seperate temporarily let her go and think about her actions

My thoughts exactly. If physical assault was involved the automatic solution is divorce, but since the scars in this case cannot be seen physically, emphasis is on home restoration.

In my opinion, this is worse than physical assault and I would advice anyone to stay as far away from such an individual as possible.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 05, 2016
If op is saying the truth, and you are serious with your facts, you will live long if you do the followings:
Call family meeting and make sure there are quite numbers of her family represented. If you don't mind if they don't want to come take some members of your family there without giving them suspicious moves.
2. Women can't do much and will be sober if confronted with facts. Make sure you have evidence to confront her openly.
3. I know that meeting will create alot of embarrassment and will take its position by itself either to continue your marriage or not.
With this, you will save your life and that of your wife's
Sisters husband from impending danger.
If you refuse to act fast and keep nursing pains, you will sleep one day and wake up paralyzed .And that will be the beginning of much woes for you. God forbid!
Are u in Nigeria? And hope your marriage is not match making?

6 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Eketem: 7:57am On Jul 05, 2016
elektra:

My thoughts exactly. If physical assault was involved the automatic solution is divorce, but since the scars in this case cannot be seen physically, emphasis is on home restoration.

In my opinion, what this worse than physical assault and I would advice anyone to stay as far away from such an individual as possible.

Are you minding us? This is worse than physical abuse. Do you know the amount of pain this stupidity has caused and will cause him?

I am a woman and I say don't be emotionally blackmailed into doing nothing by anyone. These people will kill you if you don’t expose this nonsense. She will only pretend to be sorry while they coach her to cover up more

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by segzy0i(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmm very painful bt bro wat I wk advice u is ds be friendly wt her till u can lay ur hands on d recorded calls den invite som of her family member and urs just few of dem is enof dey wl deliver d msg to d oda member of d family nd play it for dem simple den leave her to decide
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by peter(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2016
goldbim:
So sorry to say this sir,she is on a MISSION..on the verge of destroying already..else,why'll a woman want to run down her husband with the help of her siblings?follow your heart..ija fara lewu...

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by yetseyi(f): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2016
This one get as e be still can't believe it, some siblings sha. lemme call some peeps to kindly advise you.

Ogas

TV01
Bellong
Lewstherin

Oga TV I really want to read what you will advise in this situation.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by MizzD: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2016
As a mere reader, i'm hurt. I personally don't think I can ever forgive this level of betrayal.

I'm so irritated with this woman. How vulnerable can one be to allow one's siblings ruin one's life.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by richyfunky(m): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2016
make sure,backup those files frm ur wife's phone on ur phone. Call a family meeting, making sure her parents & urs are present. Play d recording 4 all 2 hear. And Divorce her

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 8:58am On Jul 05, 2016
Eketem:

Let the marriage end if that is what would happen. Why do we want to shield this nonsense? Because a woman is involved we are suddenly concerned about home restoration.

These witches would have continued this torture for years if he had not heard this recording.

Let the whole family come let them seperate temporarily let her go and think about her actions

What if the OP doesn't want his marriage to end? If he wanted to be divorced he won't be asking for your counsel. Nobody is shielding anyone as I don't do gender sentiments. Any marriage that becomes a play field for all will always shatter to pieces. If he wants the marriage, it is not irreparable as his wife is being manipulated.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by bellong: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2016
@Op,

Do you have a copy of the recordings?

Keep your calm for now, let your head be cleared first and don't do anything stupid as you may spoil a good case.

Your wife is naive and foolish like a lamb taken to the slaughter's slab. Her sisters are obviously jealous of her marriage and are pretending to help her conquer you with a view to destroying her marriage.

I want to believe her sisters' marriage are not in order internally and they are jealous of your mum's relationship with her. Your wife trusted them too much for being siblings not to mislead her but not knowing they have a different plan. Your wife lacks knowledge, discernment and good judgement.

The point she said this is what I am waiting for when you pushed her away is a giveaway that she was acting a foolish script she doesn't know the end.

Many will want you to send her packing but I don't think it is the right thing to do. Prior to this event, you have not found any bad behaviour in and with her. Take this as a first offense.

Does it mean you shouldn't address it, by all means do.

Don't change your attitude or behaviour to her, don't give her any idea to suspect anything till weekend. During the weekend, play the recordings for her and walk away. Prior to this, book an appointment with her parents alone. Then take the recordings to them for them to listen. Don't say anything, let them do the talking afterwards. Please don't involve your parents as it will crush them..

Your wife is not a lost cause, her sisters are. She needs wisdom.

May God grant you wisdom to pull through this

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2016
bellong:
@Op,

Keep your calm for now, let your head be cleared first and don't do anything stupid as you may spoil a good case.

Your wife is naive and foolish like a lamb taken to the slaughter's slab. Her sisters are obviously jealous of her marriage and are pretending to help her conquer you with a view to destroying her marriage.

I want to believe her sisters' marriage are not in order internally and they are jealous of your mum's relationship with her. Your wife trusted them too much for being siblings not to mislead her but not knowing they have a different plan. Your wife lacks knowledge, discernment and good judgement.

The point she said this is what I am waiting for when you pushed her away is a giveaway that she was acting a foolish script she doesn't know the end.

Many will want you to send her packing but I don't think it is the right thing to do. Prior to this event, you have not found any bad behaviour in and with her. Take this as a first offense.

Don't change your attitude or behaviour to her, don't give her any idea to suspect anything till weekend. During the weekend, play the recordings for her and walk away. Prior to this, book an appointment with her parents alone. Then take the recordings to them for them to listen. Don't say anything, let them do the talking afterwards. Please don't involve your parents as it will crush them..

1 million likes, I couldn't have said it better. This is exactly my point!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 05, 2016
shocked shocked . This one don pass be careful. Water don pass garri. Tearoses if you haven't already commented. ,plix you are needed here. Mindfulness, EfemenaXY, cococandy, bukatyne, ewuro4
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Eketem: 9:18am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

What if the OP doesn't want his marriage to end? If he wanted to be divorced he won't be asking for your counsel. Nobody is shielding anyone as I don't do gender sentiments. Any marriage that becomes a play field for all will always shatter to pieces. If he wants the marriage, it is not irreparable as his wife is being manipulated.

Who talked about divorce? You said he should not show his family, same family she went to lie to and insult him too. That is what I am talking about not divorce. This is not a matter to be swept under the carpet it must be thoroughly handled by all the people she involved

11 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by YourCoffin: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2016
This's damn crushing. So sorry bro, I don't advice married folks.

Just know that I have a nice coffin waiting for you if you don't follow the advice of the first seven comments.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 9:22am On Jul 05, 2016
Eketem:

Who talked about divorce? You said he should not show his family, same family she went to lie to and insult him too. That is what I am talking about not divorce. This is not a matter to be swept under the carpet it must be thoroughly handled by all the people she involved

Showing the family will ruin everything.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nnamdibig(m): 9:38am On Jul 05, 2016
pharmagba:
I feel very sorry for you, but a man got to be a man
Firstly I don't know the real sickness and precise age of your daughter but one thing you must know is it is not good for a wife to have too much free time as it is a veritable devils workshop you ought to ensure she is working; open a shop for her or impregnate her so she continue baby nursing,

Now to your findings first of all copy it somewhere else like your phone and then confront her with it, play everything to her hearing, pause at intervals to ask her what you've done wrong, please don't be aggressive or angry; control your emotions. Ask her what she has to say.

Let her know it is betrayal, threaten her you will summon a family meeting of both family and see her reaction.
If or not she apologies don't tell anybody either your family or her. NEVER.. It must not come from your mouth.
But make a stand none of her family members should have your respect. They must never come to your house. Don't give reasons, don't pick or answer their calls until you see full repentance in her. which must be after like a year. .it is her family that must bear the brunt and punishment Nothing more

Don't divorce her she is your wife, folly is in the mind of a woman. I know it will definitely leave a scar in your relationship, forgive her still and try to let go, call her from work and be a good father and husband.

you have spoken well. Talk to her and know why she did all that. Don't shout on her but be very mean.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 05, 2016
DevGuru, I don't know whether to congratulate you or mourn with you or both.

First of all, if you value your life this marriage is over. You are literally living with the enemy. When she makes an attempt on your life it would be too late. Divorce her now. I hope you know women actually kill their husbands?

Before the divorce, however, both sets of inlaws have to present. Make a copy of the recording if you already haven't by now. Both sets of parents should hear ALL the conspiracies from the horses' mouth. Your parents deserve to know their child's life is in danger, and her parents should carry their thing away.

Also, be careful of crocodile tears, they will flow freer than the Nile.

Too bad it had to end this way.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by TheArchangel(f): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2016
Send the recordings to each of them involved in the defamation act let them know that you have it, tell them that you have back up incase they start acting funny. Wait for their reactions and guard your life. This is if you still love your wife and want to remain married.
PlanB
Follow the advice of guys here and ask for divorce.

PlanC
Confront her and beat the living sh!t out of her. Beat and blackmail her to submission. The mere thought of anyone knowing what she did will shut her up for aeons....but she may kill you in your sleep. I won't recommend this though it will ease your anger short term.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2016
priceaction:

If you refuse to act fast and keep nursing pains, you will sleep one day and wake up paralyzed .And that will be the beginning of much woes for you.

DevGuru, read this. This would have been your fate of you hadn't made this discovery. Women routinely poison their husbands with rat poison weakening them. Don't be another statistic.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Eketem: 9:56am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

No Ma showing the family is not what will ruin everything, what ruined everything was the stupid decision she made with her sisters and their idiotic actions.

Let her face the responsibility of her actions. Same way we would not tell a woman to hide physical abuse is the same way this minute shouldn't hide this emotional abuse.

Actions have consequences

26 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

Everything is not already ruined? If the man had been slapping her around unprovoked upon advice from his elder brothers would you be so 'level-headed'? Lol, nairaland

6 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Timbuktou:

Everything is not already ruined? If the man had been slapping her around unprovoked upon advice from his elder brothers would you be so 'level-headed'? Lol, nairaland

You are comparing outright physical violence with this? Enjoy your argument alone.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 10:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Eketem:

No Ma showing the family is not what will ruin everything, what ruined everything was the stupid decision she made with her sisters and their idiotic actions.

Let her face the responsibility of her actions. Same way we would not tell a woman to hide physical abuse is the same way this minute shouldn't hide this emotional abuse.

Let the man handle this, let him dish the consequences at his own terms. Telling the family equals the end, I doubt he wants an end yet. You don't first smash to pieces what you intend to repair. I totally agree with Bellong on this one.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by yetseyi(f): 10:13am On Jul 05, 2016
bellong:
@Op,

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 05, 2016
Double post
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

You are comparing outright physical violence with this? Enjoy your argument alone.

Hahaha. Let me see:
1. Divulging family secrets.
2. Conspiring to ridicule one's husband.
3. Conspiring to levy false accusations against one's husband.
4. Conspiring to run a parallel family behind husband's back.
5. Deliberately falsely accusing and damaging husband's image.
6. Manufacturing a PHYSICAL and verbal altercation from thin air, in the morning.
7. Disparaging husband's mother and family.

How dare I compare all these with "outright physical abuse" the height of domestic disputes. Byvan, no offence, you sound daft.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Eketem: 10:23am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

Let the man handle this, let him dish the consequences at his own terms. Telling the family equals the end, I doubt he wants an end yet. You don't first smash to pieces what you intend to repair. I totally agree with Bellong on this one.

This is actually worse than physical violence, the only reason they didn't beat him is because they are physically unable.

This is the worst form of violence. Next time a woman is physically abused please advise her to " handle it herself "

23 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by byvan03: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2016
Timbuktou:

Hahaha. Let me see:
1. Divulging family secrets.
2. Conspiring to ridicule one's husband.
3. Conspiring to levy false accusations against one's husband.
4. Conspiring to run a parallel family behind husband's back.
5. Deliberately falsely accusing and damaging husband's image.
6. Manufacturing a PHYSICAL and verbal altercation from thin air, in the morning.
7. Disparaging husband's mother and family.

How dare I compare all these with "outright physical abuse" the height of domestic disputes. Byvan, no offence, you sound daft.

No, I can't be categorised as daft just because a man your age suffers from severe diahhoer of the fingers, impaired enough to type like a suckling. If you can't put your emotions in check while having an objective discourse, please go to hell!! Reserve your Agbero tantrums for whom it may concern.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 05, 2016
byvan03:

No, I can't be categorised as daft just because a man your age suffers from severe diahhoer of the fingers, impaired enough to type like a suckling. If you can't put your emotions in check while having an objective discourse, please go to hell!! Reserve your Agbero tantrums for whom it may concern.

Uh oh. Badass Byvan's got her guns out blazing. Saying you sounded daft was just a harmless, yet astute observation. No need to get emotional and overly defensive grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by nifton(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Eketem:

Madam,I wan marry u. Infact I dey follow you right away.
#GOLDEN RULE NA MY SLOGAN AND I CARELESS WHAT OTHERS THING.
When we begin to thing of the aftermath of our actions,When that word "sorry" ceases to be cheap,then we all will be more than carefull of our actions and attendant consequences.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Op I can’t Imagine the pain and betrayal you are going through
It hurts even more that it’s your wife that has betrayed you more than even her sisters.
The closer someone is to you, the more the degree of hurt you feel.

Everyone is at liberty to give advice to their sister; good or bad, and it’s up to the person being advised to use their sense and pick through the advise, however unfortunately their bad advise is already rubbing off on your wife and has started manifesting in your family, hence the drama of the tearing of singlet etc.

Yours sounds like a young marriage and if you are not careful, this will be an ongoing issue and you will never have peace in your home as it will be many people running the show, so you need to re assert your position ASAP and let the outsiders know that there is a drawn line that needs to be respected.

I suggest that you go for the lesser of 2 evils, so do let the family know what has transpired and then you can rebuild the bridges.

You may not need to play the recordings. Just let them know that you are aware of some discussions that have transpired. The guilty parties will know what you are referring to. If they feign ignorance or deny then you can play it to them.

When they know that you are not having it, then everyone will learn to respect themselves. It won’t be an easy ride, but you not doing anything or pushing things under the carpet will only make you very resentful and bitter and the negative behaviour and interference by your wife’s family will only get worse.

A trial separation may reset things and give everyone an opportunity to reflect and think about what has happened and to behave themselves moving forward. Make sure their husbands are also aware of what has happened so they can remind their wives to respect and behave themselves, but that is up to you. If your wife has only just started this, and she is truly sorry, then a warning may be enough. Your wife also needs to know that you are a team and if anything is bothering her, its you she needs to come to. You too also need to be available.

A lesson to everyone, Marriage is not all about “I love you” alone.
Look very well into the family that you are marrying into. The kind of advice that those sisters are giving cannot be from someone enjoying or who has regard for marriage. You can only spit out what you have inside of you. Why would anyone with a solid marriage be advising someone else to be putting money to one side unless of cause there was good enough reason?

So Ladies and gentlemen look very well into the background of the family that you are going to be linked to for many years before you leap.

TV01 pls advise a brother

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Meet Young Man With 9 Wives Who Created Sex Roster For All 9 Women / Kenyan Lady Sleeps With Her Best Friend's Husband, Sends Him Nudes, Gets Exposed / Twerking Young Girl Amazes Social Media Users, Goes Viral

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.