Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now - Family (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now (87782 Views)

"I Waited For 20 Years And I'm A Proud Mum Now. Had 6 Unsuccessful IVFS" - Woman / The 7 Ways You Are Breaking Your Wife’s Heart Without Saying A Word / Always To Love You ,till My Phone Do Us Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Ishilove: 10:40am On Jul 09, 2016
Tunechi1:
there is a lil bit of loophole in wat you said wat if the elder sisters who were telling her to open a secret account are now sayin we told to open a secret account becos of situations like this not know he his only doin it to create fear in them and for only a short period of time wont the elders sister wishes come through
You have a very good point
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Tunechi1(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2016
Ishilove:
You have a very good point
thanks for understandin my point
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by oyetpel(m): 11:11am On Jul 09, 2016
ephi123:
For those saying his life is in danger, I firmly believe God has DevGuru covered, only very few people would have discovered the whole issue to start with and in as much as he has done the right thing, he will continue to be covered.Nothing they do or try to do will harm him, that I know. Joseph's own brothers were going to kill him but man's plans will always fail when God has you in His hands, he still went ahead to feed and provide for those same brothers and their families years down the line. As Christians, we are called to live differently which sometimes means making decisions the world would consider folly. DevGuru has been tested and he has passed that test. It is well with him, his family and his home. In decades to come, they will both look back at this episode grateful it didn't tear them apart. As for those wicked inlaws, they are in the judgment of God, nothing more.
Sometimes good people and Christian die no think am with your -his covered word. But as you stated the in-laws will receive their judgement on what they did to him. It might not be now but they will receive it nonetheless.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Elebiju: 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2016
I'm happy for you because this issue has given you a lot of experiences in just a month or less, Siblings tend to be close even when they are all married but I try my best not to advise my sisters on marital issues, one of my cousins once told me about her husband's randy ways and I told her not to ever tell me about it if she can't face him squarely and sort things out. I learnt a lot from what you shared but all I can say is you're a wise man. I'm an ilaje man and I've seen worse marital issues ranging from food poisoning by the wife to diabolic attacks and even spiritual attacks not personally though and I can tell you that if you leave your wife because of this issue your children will definitely suffer and you may die lonely no matter the number of times you get married. Women will always bring out the best when they are caught in the act and they always remain faithful and loving if forgiven, I'm not married but I don't like broken homes.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by otokx(m): 1:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
This is a thriller.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by chronique(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2016
Naah,let meexplain something toyou. The fact that he's dropping her off at her. Parents place,would send them shivering for fear. Of what people would say. To both the lady. And the parents,it's a shame. As a man,when you're not yet married,the woman'sfamily can do shakara and. Theyususally havethe upper hand. The moment you're married,your family have the upper hand and the woman's family wields less power. No parent want their neighbors or friends to hear that their daughter was returned after been given out in marriage;it's a disgrace to the entire. Family. If people see her in her parents house for too long wthout the husband especially when the kids are suppose to be in school,they will start asking questions. They can't be that stupid in their famil to allow people start asking questions about their daughter...

Pls pardon m typo errors. My keypad is faulty.
Tunechi1:
there is a lil bit of loophole in wat you said wat if the elder sisters who were telling her to open a secret account are now sayin we told to open a secret account becos of situations like this not know he his only doin it to create fear in them and for only a short period of time wont the elders sister wishes come through
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by beejaay: 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2016
DevGuru:
This is just to assure all Nairalanders on this thread that I am still standing. There have been further developments which I can't type now because my phone battery is low. I'll update all you wonderful ladies and gentlemen as soon as I get home. Cheers
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Emperortj93(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2016
emekachimek:
My brother, it's so unfortunate that you've got married to her. The bible says a wise woman builds her home while a foolish woman tears her home apart: You now know what your wife is. You did not get married yesterday to divorce tomorrow. So my advice for you is this: download the recording and play it to her in your presence and let her be aware that you've seen her foolishness and that she can't be trusted. You don't need to call any of your in-laws because she will tell them herself: Never discuss the matter with them, they will fear you as long as you are living with their sister. Secondly, DO NOT tell your relations about this, except you've already made up your mind to divorce her. Lastly, do not say anything to her after playing the recording; the purpose is for her to know u are aware of her foolish act. Even if you will eventually go your separate ways, let her be the one to initiate it; she'll regret it all her life.
you gree get sense?? which kain terrible advice be this nonsense?? or nah till the wife kill the op before him ghost go come force the wife to confess... guy u need to stop watching Nigeria home movies and see reality. Op, pls divorce the muraphocka and live happily ever after

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by mightykay(m): 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
@Devguru, call ur wife n ask her dese 2 questions 1. who is father of d daughter n d unborn child, ask dis question 3 times n tell her u already know d answer but want to know whether she will tell u d truth. my brother u need to do dis if u ve nt done DNA before even if d girl resemble u cos u can not live on any assumption fr now. I know whatever she says now is as gud as DNA test itself. If d answer is u er d father wt all d assurance then ask d 2nd question which is why did they do what they did against u? u need to know dis so dat u dont postpone impending loom cos u ve nt solved all d problems wtout knowing dis. NOTE if u ve nt done DNA b4 assumption is dangerious here for u didnt belived wot u just discovred by ur wife so dis is d time to find out all hidden thing. Wisdom is d principal thing get wisdom. I will be happy to hear that u ve confirmed ur owership of ur children. God bless u
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by ricki: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2016
DevGuru:

I opened another and it was a conversation with her immediate elder sister - ?

Can you upload some of the recordings please??

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by maxjax(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
ricki:

Can you upload some of the recordings please??
you wan know whether yo voice dey inside ni?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Natifa(f): 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2016
I've read your story and its quite interesting. Knowing what you know about your wife and her siblings places you at an advantageous position. Don't let anger get the best of you, try to calm yourself and beat them at their game.
keep listening to those recordings, keep tracking their conversations ,know what they plan to do next and avoid falling in their trap. Try to quote your wife's words from those recordings when talking to her, let her know you know what she's up to.
its gonna take time, and lots of patience, just try not to get hurt or hate her and eventually, she will realize what a fool she has been for ganging up against her husband.
trust me, if they get to know that you are ahead of them at their own game. You will earn their respect and reverence.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2016
@devguru
You know what's best for you

Why are they telling you not to inform your people?
I don't even know why u told ur dad alone
So they are worried about their own image but they dragged urs through mud
I don't even understand their family-they are bad peoples sha(yes they are peoples and not people)
U can't even hear their gossip anymore.
Why do u think the sister's husband you called at first was cold? Could be that the man has been hearing bad news about you also and who knows aw many more people.

But what did u do to warrant all that?
Why will they meddle so much in your affair?
Even Boko Haram, Niger Delta Avengers, IPOB have reasons to justify their cause.
If friends should gossip about each other we may say it's jealously but your own wife-I don't know

I also feel it wasn't necessary for you to play that recording for her to hear again
Your laptop might get missing or crash soon.

Are you hiding something here ?
Seems u r even eager to forgive and let them go easy
Do they av some kind of leverage over you?

But as u don forgive and forget everything -God win
Guess u r a saint

Not saying you should divorce her or turn yourself to a semi-god but you are easy.

Like people av opined here, I'd also say they didn't get enough of your wrath

There are always 3 sides to a story
I wish ur wife could read your story and reply
Then I wish the truth could also be able to read and reply. Lol

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by bayulll011(m): 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2016
Ronke001:
@devguru
You know what's best for you

U re very correct seems there is more devguru is not telling us,he let them go easily,one thing u should note is that if u were at the receiving end in this whole issues I can bet those Evil family will show u pepper u won't even have a wife now,cos they will pack all her belonging and leave u to your misery,anyway you owe your life live it to the fullest,but always sleep with one eye open
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by mira4u: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2016
Themandator:

I suspect you are a lady, that's how you people always wants to be treated when found out... His life is at stake and he has taken the wrong turn and you call him a mature man.

An Igbo adage say that when a woman is beating the drum for the man, watch it, he is about to jump the fence of life into that of the dead.

Bla bla bla. So, in summary, what's the right turn? undecided mr man
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Herapal(m): 6:53am On Jul 10, 2016
[quote author=18wheeler post=47248428][/quote] 18wheeler please I sent you a pm.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by sashishalom(f): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2016
Am glad you told your dad...
Divorce isn't the best option too..
Trusting her too soon isn't too...

You can't fight her sisters alone If your wife doesn't support you...
One thing you must know is that it'll be hard for her to choose between you and her sisters...

You need to pay attention to her..monitor her closely,make her feel insecure as to be able to account for all her doing ...

You should be able to pick your next line of action(s) from there
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by 0ubenji(m): 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2016
kpolli:

I strongly believe in forgiving people and I appreciate brave men like you who decide to do it in such a difficult scenario. I have only one rule when forgiving and I advise you to apply the same; ask them why they did all these (not it was the devil answer) and if they can't give you a genuine reason, don't forgive..... I have been there, it's better to know what sparked all these....

Lots of people ask for forgiveness without explaining or changing their rationality and end up going back to the same sin.
Exactly my reasonin...our world-view are quite similar on the issue of forgiving..
Until the offender can provide a plausible explanation for the reason behind d deed..I'm nt sure he's sori..
Tho..dat doesn't withold my forgiveness..but be rest assured I'll kip u at arms-length
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by 0ubenji(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Hmmn..OP...I chose to comment late coz I had noticed ur case requires some pragmatic measures owing to some info u've quite understandably refused to divulge on d circumstances around dis issue...
So if I dn't tread carefully...I might find myself givin ridiculous counsel due to the limited supply of info..

I concur with som1 above me who said "u knw wah z best for u"..
U very well seem to me a smart man..but I'll tel u one tin..it's my priceless 2cents..
U dnt necessarily av to take it..buh dis is wat a smart me will do..for the sake of d unknown..
Plz sir, dnt make one set of ppl(her family in particular) feel advantaged dat u av chose to withold dis info from the stakeholders in ur family..u've only spared d rod here and spoilt the child..
U only eased them some more..dey r yet to feel the enormity of dis situation nd d fix in which dey've put u..
Dnt fink u r in control of dis..this issue is beyond u sort of..coz it's nt an issue btw u and ur wife..but btw u and her whole family..
U av a family too..kindly call both families with all relevant stakeholders present..nd do an oral reprise of all that went down in d presence of all seated...makin sure no1 seated disagrees wit all u've said nt to call u a liar..play d recorded calls too..
Yea..tinz wud apun..unpleasant comments wud fly all over..
But make sure u r in control here(wit due respect to the elders seated)..always respectfully remind dem this issue revolves around u..so ur resolve takes 1st place here..
Divorce is nt an option..forget it..juz let both families knw what's up nd knw dat evri1 is got to be uptight in whateva dis issue breeds..
U'll notice d reasonable distance ur wife's sistas wud gv her nd probably behave well..sinx they knw evri family member is aware of their doings and all..
Hence..evri1 watches their back...if dey want their sista to remain married..dey wud do wateva it takes to respect ur person nd behave well henceforth..nd dey wud probably neva forgive demsefs for d fiasco..that's their headache not urs

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by rolled: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2016
Devguru am begging you again
Kindly go for a DNA test
Just read one story now relating to yours
What are you scared of
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by frozenSun(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Clap Clap Clap.

He is a MATURED MAN
He has a KIND HEART
He is a RARE TYPE OF MAN.
Bla Bla Bla.

Mr DevGuru

You have been sleeping with the ENEMY for many years and now you discovered.

Why is your wife saying sorry? She is only sorry because she got caught and she is forcing out those tears because she knows you have a weakness for her tears. Who knows what's next?
She must be a very good actress and she probably knows every string to pull.
How do you manage to eat without fear of being poisoned OR sleep peacefully without fear of being smothered by your loving wife.?

Now your enemies have played the APOLOGY card but the unbearable shame and anger is still there in their heart and they will hurt you badly with the next chance they get. I believe there was an on-going plan which you have disrupted by discovery of the "tapes". That plan seems to have gone so far and it will not be forgotten, but will be further worked on when it seems there is peace. Guess who will stab you in the back and cry the loudest just as she is crying right now and acting? you guessed right. She is still very loyal to them. It is all a matter of time and you MIGHT regret not giving punishments for such deadly betrayal.

Trust is like a Mirror. Once it gets cracked, it can NEVER be the same.

I am very afraid for you DevGuru.
Your life is in grave danger.
The enemy is still in your bed waiting for the perfect time to strike.

This is NOT over.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by jendell: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Devguru. U have received commendations nd I must say I admire ur forgiving spirit. A lot of tyms Christians make d mistake of thinking dat forgiveness is where it ends. Sadly Devguru, it most tyms doesn't end there. Ur dad is a wise man but he didn't knock off d devil completely. Y is ur wife's family interested in u keeping dis secret to urself? Hmmmmm. Devguru, one advising d sibling to open a secret acct so as to save is very common but one advising d sister to maltreat ur mum, calls ur mum nd u their son in law all sorts of names is certainly nt common. Op, y dat degree of hatred? U dnt know nd u dnt want to know. Y will ur wife allow dem nd even join dem. Once again, call a family meeting now nd address dis issue wit u in control. u have failed to show ur strength as a man. I juz hope dis matter ends here. If it doesn't, ur life, ur biz.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by sahara34(f): 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2016
DevGuru:
NOTICE: Please, my story is still very long despite that I tried very hard to remove some unnecessary portions. But if you can be patient to read it to the end, then you are ready to give a mature opinion.

I am a Yoruba guy married to another Yoruba lady who happened to be the last of seven children. We met at the University and had a long courtship before we got married in 2014. I loved her so much and I believe she loved me too. We were each other's best friends. Shortly before we began to plan the wedding, on one faithful afternoon, I was watching the TV in my living room when I began to feel a slight pain in my lower abdomen. It got more intense within few hours and I had to go to a nearby hospital and by that time, the pain was inside my scrotum. The young doctor there didn't understand what was wrong and started injecting me with pain killers. I was kept there till midnight. The next morning, I noticed that one of my testicle was swelling up. I hen went to a teaching hospital where Orchitis was first diagnosed. After a week of antibiotics with no improvement, a consultant examined me and said it was torsion which should have been surgically corrected within few hours from the onset of the pain. As at that time, the testicle was dead. I had to go for surgery to have the dead one removed. My wife (then my fiancé) was with me in the hospital. She assured me that everything would be fine and that we could have as many kids as we wanted with just one left. I loved her the more.

Now we have a very beautiful daughter who obviously has my genes and delights everyone around her with her alluring beauty. We nearly lost her to a strange illness some months back but for God who used my mum to restore our daughter. That's another long story but not for this thread. My mum loves my family so much that even my wife knows that she can lay down her life for us to be fine. Since we got married, my wife hasn't worked owing partly to our daughter's health which is now very perfect. It's not been easy for me working day and night to feed the family and paying bills in a 3-bedroom apartment in Lagos but God has been helping us. My wife was so much loved in my family that people around thought she was my mum's daughter. Very hardworking and homely.

A little into her own family setup too... She has 4 female and 2 male siblings. All her siblings are married but very close to the parents. Because my wife and I were very close, I was aware of most of the happenings in their family, but I never even gave any thought to them on how they might affect my own marriage.... long story...

Last month, I repeatedly got home late due to an official event which I told my wife and I was talking to her on phone. One morning, she gave me a wild look and warned me never to come late again. I quickly noticed the strangeness in her actions and I comported myself by saying "I'm sorry, it won't happen again". We ate together and I left for work. I returned much earlier and was with her and my daughter for a couple of hours before went to bed after I told her I had a meeting the next morning.

When I woke up, I checked the time and realised I was running late. I greeted her and rushed out of the bed only for her to jump up too and say "We need to talk". Go on, I replied... Then she claimed she observed that I've been cold towards her since she tried to correct me the previous day. I denied it but she insisted, so I told her I would adjust and that I had nothing against her. She suddenly jumped at me and said I was going nowhere. I was very surprised as I asked her what was wrong with her. I begged her to let me go and if we had to discuss anything further, it could be later in the day after work. She grew wilder and began to abuse me verbally. I drew her out of my way so I could go have my bath and she grabbed my singlet and tore it down. I was shocked! I then grabbed her two hands and pushed her to sit on the bed. She just jumped up and said "this is what I've been waiting for". She rushed to her phone and called my dad. Immediately my dad answered the call, she suddenly began to cry saying "your son has been beating me since we woke up today"... It was like I was watching a nollywood movie. I looked like a poor citizen who had no money to eat but just got an allegation that EFCC had traced N1.4b to his account. My Dad called me immediately and ordered me to leave the house first before anything. Immediately, she called my mum too and said the same thing. My mum called me and began to cry that she never expected I would disgrace the family in such manner. I was sad and even had to shout at her cos she wouldn't let me say anything on phone. She didn't even give me time to explain what happened. My wife immediately called her eldest sister too and said the same thing. The sister called me and asked for what happened. I explained to her and she advised me never to raise my hand against her again, while she stylishly insulted me, but I disregarded that. I felt like Pastor Ken in the movie, 'The Price' who had to pay for what he did not do.

I had already missed my meeting but I had to go to work. That was the most horrible day for me at work because I couldn't even use my brain to do anything. I felt cheated and sincerely felt like doing what I had already suffered for. Then I felt the urge to use a bit of my power... I transferred some money to her account and then forwarded an SMS to her giving her 24hours to make up her mind on where she would love to go, either my family home or hers because I needed a break. Fee minutes later, her eldest sister called me to say my wife forwarded my SMS to her and that she was highly disappointed in me upon what she told me in the morning. I told her that I got more infuriated and betrayed seeing my wife ruin my reputation like that. She advised again and told me to go home and hug my wife. When I got home, my wife knelt down at the door and began to apologize that it was the devil. At that time, my elder sister called me and I narrated everything to her while my wife listened to me. The next morning, my wife continued to beg me. I saw the remorse and hugged her. We became happy again. The next day, I called her sister to thank her for her intervention.

My Dad came a few days later to confirm that we had settled everything. Unfortunately, I wasn't around when he arrived, so he called me on phone and I told him I would be around in about 1 hour. Before my arrival, she spoke at length with my Dad but begged him not to allow us revisit the issue on my arrival so as not to raise dusts again. On my arrival, my Dad just advised me and said he was glad we had already settled it. Since then, I've tried to get my home together again. I started leaving my office earlier than usual even when I had unfinished tasks.

This morning, I was flipping through the apps on my wife's phone and saw Call Recorder. I opened it but discovered it had a password. As a techie, I traced the file that stores all the voice calls and began to play one of my wife's recent conversations. It was with her eldest sister who intervened into our matter then. I nearly fainted!!! The sister hailed her for acting as planned and they both laughed with satisfaction. My wife said she was happy that she successfully ruined my image in my family and they both laughed again. They said they were happy that my mum who always thought she had raised good children was made to realize that I was a beast who beats his wife and so on. But the most infuriating part was when her sister said she wanted to give her tips that would help my wife succeed in marriage. She advised my wife never to be open-minded with me and that she should begin to live a separate life while pretending to be a wife in my house. She said my wife should also open a secret account for herself so that family members can occasionally drop some token into it for her upkeep because men are unreliable and my wife agreed with all what her sister said.

I opened another and it was a conversation with her immediate elder sister - not the same as above. This one picked every member of my family and abused the hell out of us... including myself. My wife enjoyed the abuses and even cheered her to talk further. They both called me 'half man' with one testicle - a secret my wife claimed she would never reveal to anyone. In this conversation, my wife told her sister that she was very glad that she finished me through what she told my dad when I was absent, they called my mother all sort of names and this one even told my wife never to act like a good daughter-in-law towards my mother, she was advised to do everything possible to prevent my mum from visiting... and so on...

Now I am extremely mad. So many options are coming to my mind but I don't know where to start from. It is now obvious that I've been living with a stranger all the while. My day at work was so horrible that I had to leave before closing. My head and heart are both heavy now but I'm trying to put myself together. Any ideas?
my brother the elier the better save ur life
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by graphiti: 3:28am On Jul 11, 2016
DevGuru:
UPDATE!!!

I must confess that Nairaland is a wonderful online community. In these trying times of mine, the only thing that has kept my head intact is the company I have here reading all comments. I would have revealed much more information about us especially for the sake of those who have expressed their doubts about the veracity of my story, but I can't, because I wouldn't want to provide some pointers for anyone on this forum who might know any of my wife's relatives or mine. Although I got several diverse opinions, all comments still depicted the kindness in the the hearts of the commenters. Even those who called me stupid for not being too hard on my wife did so because they feared I could lose my life - a high level of kindness which I appreciate a lot. Even the opinions I did not follow on this thread still served a purpose of enlarging the pool of options from which I was able to make a choice. I expect much more expressions of disappointment towards my folly (for deciding not to go for a divorce for the sake of my child, the unborn and the fact that my faith forbids me from marrying another woman if I choose not to live with her anymore).

On the morning following my last update, my wife's depression continued but I tried to act like a loving husband towards her. I could read in her face that the more I tried to be kind towards her, the greater the emotional torment she passed through because she found it hard to believe that I could forgive her. Maybe she even thought I was planning a brutal revenge, but this time, not against her alone but against her sisters. She could not imagine the extent of my actions if I was to execute her thoughts. In the evening, as we were having dinner, she started talking softly to me while looking at the food on the table. I had to tell her to speak louder because it was like she was talking to the food. Then she voiced out as tears rolled down her cheeks saying "I've informed all my siblings about our conversations that got leaked to you and they are not talking to me again". I asked her why they were not talking to her and she said they all must have been confused and I understood that to be because they did not know what my next move would be. Married adults of ages between 35 - 45 were running helter-skelter because they had just ruined their sister's marriage. Their ONLY hope was in my forgiveness. The Lord had suddenly delivered my 'enemies' into my hands and if I chose to wield my sword, they might have to relocate away from their home town because the extended family would know the shameful story that threw their last born out of marriage. I told my wife that seeing her crying for the misery of her sisters was annoying to me as it meant she was further betraying our home. Then I picked her phone on the dinning table to check whether the records were still there... lo and behold... everything was gone. Even the app itself had been uninstalled. I smiled and asked her why she cleared the calls and the app, she replied (crying further) "I just can't listen to the evil voices of myself and my sisters". I smiled again and asked "What about the app? You don't want me to ever hear anything again? She replied "No, I just wished to clear everything that could bring bring back the memory". Then I opened my laptop and navigated to a folder where I had copied all the conversations. I played one and she was shocked to hear it even louder than it was on the the phone. Her fears had just been confirmed... "Why was he pretending that he had forgiven me..." - just my own thought anyways. But truly, I had forgiven her, I was just trying to follow some wise counsel from Nairaland. She couldn't wait till the end, she left me with the food and walked to the bedroom. I slept on the living room couch that night.

The following morning, I continued to read comments on this thread and remembered I was sitting on a time bomb by keeping the whole thing to myself. I went to have my bath and told her I was going out. She was surprised because it was a public holiday. I was already on the road when I called my father that I needed to see him urgently. Luckily for me, he was at home, so I went straight to him and explained all that had happened to him while I played some 'music'. He praised me for taking the matter to him first because he knows we are all closer to mum and revealing such an issue to mum would mean an end - or at most, the beginning of the end. My dad respects my wife's parents a lot and would not like me to take them to their knees on this issue. He spoke with me at length. He said my wife was a good lady but the reason she was so vulnerable was because of her position in the family and that the sisters weren't so lucky this time. He advised me to get closer to my wife so that a natural distance could evolve between her and her sisters. He then begged me never tell my wife that I had revealed the matter to any of my family members because that would be a strong way for me to prove my love to her which she would ever live to appreciate. After all talks, he asked me to call one of my wife's sisters' husbands right in his presence because he knew they (the husbands) must have been told a 'padded' story. I first used the FCMB Mobile App on my phone to load N3,000 before making the call. At the start, he was cold with me on the phone as if a rival was trying to ask for his girlfriend's best food. Later, he admitted that he was aware of all that happened and started all those Yoruba elders' talk... how he had never raised his hand to beat his wife, how he would always walk out, how he and his wife prayed together... bla bla bla. Then I told him I was going to terminate the call and forward some files to him on Whatsapp. I simply picked two of his own wife's conversation with my wife and forwarded to him, expecting him to call back. After about 30 minutes, my Dad told me to call back. I called twice before he answered. He became cold again and couldn't say anything but that his wife would call me soon. After about 1 hour and nothing happened, I had to leave, but my dad told me to carry him along. When I got home, I walked to the bedroom and met my wife on the phone but I did not know who she was speaking with. I returned to the living room and continued reading from my myriad of advisers on this thread.

Then the call came in. It was my wife's sister's voice (not the eldest one)... begging me to forgive and try to forget. She sounded like she was outdoors under the influence of some heavy downpour. I can't express the feeling at that moment but the only thing that I remembered was Proverbs 16:7. (apologies to the wonderful Muslims on this thread...). Even though she didn't believe me, I forgave her. Then the husband collected the phone from her and spoke with me at length... apologising on behalf of the entire family. The major point he kept re-iterating was that I should not let my people know...

All the while, several other simultaneous calls were on. My wife's family members were calling one another while some also called my wife to know the extent of what I got hold of. Interestingly, the first born (who advised my wife to keep a separate account) had also been hinted and had run to their parents to open up to them. She could imagine the level of shame that was coming to her - A PhD holder who is the family's Senior Adviser on every issue. Her parents called her husband to join them immediately as he was their only front soldier who could speak to me. Suddenly, the first born's husband's call came in. He pleaded that he would not like us to revisit the ugly situation but that I was the only one that could save the entire family from the mess by forgiving everyone. He stated that he had been told everything that was done to me and he would like me to honour him and reverse my war order - this was when I confirmed that they had been speaking to my wife. He showered prayers on me while I remained aggressive in my AMEN responses (as if to let them know I was neutralising their spells on me). He promised to call my wife and warn her never to discuss her family issues again with any of her sisters. He also begged me severally never to reveal it to my people as it would mean a reversal to the beginning. Although he didn't give me the impression that my wife's parents were with him - my wife told me this later...

At night, my wife came to kneel down by my side to make her own pleading. I was very glad because the whole ambience was like the clear sky devoid of any cloudy covering after a thunderous rain. I spoke softly to her and began to re-iterate my ideals to her - it was a good preaching time for me. Now everyone (including my wife) is praying that I do not decide to spill the whole thing out one day. My wife's eldest sister later called me that night to directly tender her own apology - at a time she had confirmed I wasn't going to be hostile anymore.

For me, I believe there's so much left for me to do on my wife. For anyone who has followed the recent events of my life which could have ended in a tragedy but for God's intervention and would love to give me some helpful ideas as I move forward, kindly drop your comments. I'll be very glad to read them.

Cc: ezechueze, Mafking, AccidentalGenius, RadicallyBlunt, ojun50, GoldenJAT, olempe, LuveU2, goldbim, phabulous88, pharmagb, 2goodbobo, PezzoNovante, marvelous000, Tritri, IRserveMyComent, AlienSta, krak101, AccidentalGenius, danduchi, samsam2019, uchedydy, Ruemufaith, sashishalom, ednut1, bakynes, sumborr, general111, byvan03, obiak4, Eketem, obiak4, emekachimek, elektra, priceaction, segzy0i, MizzD, richyfunky, bellong, nnamdibig, Timbuktou, TheArchangel, tearoses, andromida, HaneefahRN, TV01, Amelian, WellEndowed, Jethrolite, baeboo, trishapal, drss, Donemmy, Ujoan, pcguru1, Tochex101, pastorpussy, crackhaus, ranktzy, cococandy, mysticgal, toksbisola, Okikiki, succourplanet, Darla, ummeey, kaboninc, BiggyB242, Ishilove, mac04, mysticgal, ummeey, kaboninc, BiggyB242, yetseyi, Spydamannn, YourCoffin, peeparty, fem29, Pyno30, mylove4him, Petroking, ISpiksDaTroof, Elebiju, rosy1992, babayega, repogirl, jajainall, Contact17, packagerz, tete7000, MrD2, Taryur3, ahahnow, saintdennis, Marvel1206, olaarie, DICKtator, Insel, Wealthy15, DeRay98, Freeezzz, igbsam, danduchi, freecocoa, dissybling, CoCoLav, Ioannes, ify84, Almajiri1, Beey, emyreal1010, laikas, greatwhite, Biographyroom, FxDuke, Irishrena1, Totfulguy, Lescalier, freedomm, chronique, LUV1, buksaylor001, papinx, toye440, lovaleenny, 0ubenji, ekeroyal, teemy, goodgate, Luckygurl, compujyde, DonX001, yoged, meetdavid, teemy, newecop, solobenzo, Tunechi1, amacastel, luckyehis, igbsam, vicchi12, frozenSun, sweatlana, taemilola, DonX001, Totfulguy, luisina, Fawklicant, Silvofitz, binarykid, keke87, oyetpel, saasala, Mskrisx, Exlusive, borngeologist, ohynedar, Leorichy, Seamareggae, ephi123, NifemiOlu, uplawal, WellEndowed, princeakins, Ronke001, sexy74, vicadex07, mirob, Elle277, tianshie, mylove4him, Chriso2, Seamareggae, dacillin, bj4jesus, pastorpussy, Themandator

**peeps**

**Soliloquizing***

"Omo see grooves o.... so parri don start and guy nor gree beep me!
Abi na d tin-tini bitter truth wey I yarn am cos am?!"

**Lmfao** Hehehehehe. ... . ... .. .nor mind me joor, I'm blunt like dt!

**enters**
. **koffs**

NOT YET UHURU (part 1)

U shd've hinted them dt ur dad knows abt ds shiit!

That would would make them know dt
there is a "big brother" watching! This
will make dem "sit up".

Still dangerous 4 u if they feel u are all alone in ds business........

Let ur geh know dt u've kept it away from ur mum and sib lings 4 her (d geh's) sake but make
her realise sey u don inform pupsy!!

U sef think am nah! Efri member of her family are aware butt ( they believe) u are d #last~man~standing

**shakes head vigorously ** MBA! Not good safe enuff!

#na~4~ya~safety~o

In other news, still wondering.......

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by graphiti: 4:33am On Jul 11, 2016
NOT YET UHURU (PT2)

Brb.........
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by uchedydy: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
@ Devguru, my brother,

Am happy u have taken your decision.

But befor i rest my cae on this, plz let me remind of of a story of a man in lagos, Yewande Oyediran , married to lowo oyediran, lived together in lagos, the woman was aggresive and the man kept ignoring it, more like a good man, the woman works with dpp as a lawyer.

One day after a querel, she gave the husband bruises and rushed to call the police fro the man, after the arrest, the man came back in the evening, NEIGHBOURS TOLD HIM NOT TO SLEEP IN THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT, HE REFUSED, SAYING THAT ITS OKAY NOW. That same night, the woman stabbed him on the throat. The case is presently in the court. and the man is dead.

Truth is , when u allow a woman to beg you and cry, ur emotions would roll, plz put ur emotions in check and act like a man.

I want u alive tomoro, cos with this story? this marrige isnt gonna be the same again.

Thats my tot. sorry if its offensive but am very real and direct.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by FIYINMI: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2016
@devguru,

thanks for forgiving them. kindly dig more into the reasons for the sudden hatred from ur inlaw, they apologize because you discovered their secret, their next move you cant predict and it can be deadly.

david discovered saul was after his life, he ran and was communicating from a distance till God made room for him, if your wife who is very close to you can listen to her sister evil advice how are you sure she wont do it again?

To avoid story that touch, let them know your family members are aware. if your mum is too emotional about issues, your dad and u should visit her family and iron things out. pray and watch, be unpredictable to all. its better to strike when the iron is hot, FAMILY MEETING is very very important, it will instill fear in them. Life is too precious to be wasted, if anything happens to you, she will move on after a while.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Neverquit(f): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Mehn, I was about to type that story. That story was very sad...imagine

DevGuru, if you insist about staying with her, be prepared to sleep with one eye opened for the rest of your life. Personally, I won't be in an environment where I'm not at peace...I guess that's how we're different.

Sometimes God deliver our enemies into our hands so that we can FLEE.

Side note: the incident happened in Ib.

uchedydy:
@ Devguru, my brother,

Am happy u have taken your decision.

But befor i rest my cae on this, plz let me remind of of a story of a man in lagos, Yewande Oyediran , married to lowo oyediran, lived together in lagos, the woman was aggresive and the man kept ignoring it, more like a good man, the woman works with dpp as a lawyer.

One day after a querel, she gave the husband bruises and rushed to call the police fro the man, after the arrest, the man came back in the evening, NEIGHBOURS TOLD HIM NOT TO SLEEP IN THE HOUSE THAT NIGHT, HE REFUSED, SAYING THAT ITS OKAY NOW. That same night, the woman stabbed him on the throat. The case is presently in the court. and the man is dead.

Truth is , when u allow a woman to beg you and cry, ur emotions would roll, plz put ur emotions in check and act like a man.

I want u alive tomoro, cos with this story? this marrige isnt gonna be the same again.

Thats my tot. sorry if its offensive but am very real and direct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by Nelgenius4me(m): 7:33am On Jul 12, 2016
OP you have indeed shown great deal of maturity in handling your family affairs- well, for those who have been clamouring for a break up, I guess they have never been in this kind of situation,perhaps never been married. As for your wife she needs to limit the extent of her unalloyed loyalty with her siblings. Her loyalty should be to God first and secondly to her immediate family which you are the head. Finally, you need to pray without ceasing in order to avert a reoccurrence of all that has happened.
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by veave(f): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2016
This na African majic or what?
Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by veave(f): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2016
Tell your father to call her father and accuse him of trying to kill his son. grin grin grin

Change her phone and number. Without notice.
Tell her you do not want to see any snake in your house

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Siblings Are Breaking Us Apart And I'm Mad Right Now by ashatoda: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2016
@devguru dis is d truth u are a walking corpse. Yorubas av a saying dat u can marry a bad lady, it is bad in-laws dat cannot be married. Dis is why i bliv as a man be unpredictable in ur case dis fire on d mountain, run, run run. I stop here 4 nw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / I Always See This Inside My Room Even Though It's Tiled, How Do I Stop It? / Twerking Young Girl Amazes Social Media Users, Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.