Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:50 AM

‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ (11722 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by adeymoj(m): 1:55am On Jul 05, 2016
With about two weeks to the inauguration of the Christian Association of Nigeria President-elect, Dr. Samson Ayokunle, a group under the aegis of Christ Redeemers Union, on Monday, alleged that two ex-Presidents of CAN were hatching a plot to frustrate the inauguration.

The CRU alleged that a former President of CAN and the Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan, had invited the outgoing President, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, and some other Christians to a meeting on Thursday, July 7.

It said the meeting would take place, at the residence of another former President of CAN and the ex-Primate of the Methodist Church, Sunday Mbang, in Akwa Ibom State.

The CRU, in a statement by its National Director, Dr. Ebenezer Abednego, described the meeting as illegal.

While Ayokunle, President of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, contested the CAN presidential election under the platform of the Christian Council of Nigeria, his Vice-President-Elect, Prof. Joseph Otubu, of the Motailatu Church Cherubim and Seraphim Movement, contested under the umbrella of the Organisation of African Instituted Churches.

The inauguration of the new leadership of CAN will hold on July 20 during the forthcoming General Assembly of CAN in Abuja to be presided over by Oritsejafor, who is the Founder of the Word of Life Bible Church.

When contacted on Monday, Onaiyekan confirmed the meeting but stated that it was not opened to the public.

“Who told you about the meeting? I know you are a journalist, but just know that the meeting is not supposed to be given any publicity,” he added.

When asked for his reaction to the allegation that it was to scuttle the inauguration of Ayokunle, the cleric said he had nothing else to say.

“I said I’m not ready to comment on that meeting. I have no information about whatever is happening now in CAN. You know that if there is anything I wish to share with you, I will not hesitate. By God’s grace, when it is time, I will speak with you,” he stated.

In his reaction, Mbang, who is a former President of CAN, in whose house the meeting will allegedly hold, angrily distanced his group from the CAN elections and other allied matters.

Mbang added, “I don’t understand what you are saying. The issue you are raising has nothing to do with us; I repeat, it has nothing to do with us.

“The election, suspension and all others, we are not concerned. We are not a party to it. Have you heard me? Please ask me no further question. Full stop! Thank you.”

Efforts by our correspondent to confirm from Oritsejafor if he had any knowledge of the meeting were not successful and his telephone lines indicated that they were switched off.

While describing the purported meeting in Mbang’s house as illegal, Abednego vowed that the CRU would resist any plot to scuttle the inauguration of Ayokunle, which he alleged was to “create confusion in the body of Christ.”

He said, “We have been informed that the meeting was at the instance of Cardinal Onaiyekan, who is from the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria bloc. The aim of the meeting is to frustrate the inauguration of the newly-elected President of CAN, Ayokunle, and Prof. Joseph Otubu.

“This same ex-President of CAN had earlier expressed his disdain and had sworn that no member of the Pentecostals and white garment churches would be President of CAN.

“For us in CRU, the meeting is laced with serious mischief and we see it as a plot and booby trap to cause crisis in the body of Christ and disallow the incumbent from finishing his tenure successfully.

“The Akwa Ibom meeting has no name, and it is unconstitutional in CAN. Will Nigerian Christians allow this aggrieved ex-President of CAN to usurp the authority of CAN NEC, which had validly and constitutionally elected a successor to Oritsejafor?”

http://punchng.com/onaiyekan-mbang-want-ayokunles-inauguration-can-president-scuttled/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by wasco24: 5:01am On Jul 05, 2016
buhari why are you trying to northernized our CAN

Please let can be oooooo

In the voice of orubebe will not take this oooooo oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by chriskosherbal(m): 5:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmmmm na waooo
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2016
Christians which way

3 Likes

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:55am On Jul 05, 2016
CAN has been disgracing Nigeria Christians since 1880BC

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Immunity1(f): 7:19am On Jul 05, 2016
See body of christ fighting each other
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Progressive01(m): 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
CAN has been disgracing Nigeria Christians since 1880BC
Especially after your brother, Oritseblingbling, became her president.

That body has lost its value sha.

14 Likes

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Histrings08(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2016
Haaaa, why now?
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by phemmyutd(m): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2016
Now that Buhari has no hand in appointing anyone in CAN yet they are frustrating themselves, not Sectionalism this time, no Northern agenda, yet they are not satisfied .

My prayers are with my Pastor. Rev.Dr.Supo Ayokunle.

God's willing you shall prevail

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by phemmyutd(m): 8:55am On Jul 05, 2016
Now that Buhari has no hand in appointing anyone in CAN yet they are frustrating themselves, not Sectionalism this time, no Northern agenda, yet they are not satisfied .

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by chimah3(m): 9:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Just negodu
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by isan(m): 9:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Religion na joke mehn
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by CXLVII: 9:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Sometimes I wonder if CAN is a political party or a Premiership team being coached by Morinho as mostly in the News for funny reason.

I suspect a merger between CAN and APC in the coming 2019 presidential election. Ever since PDP lost power, its been fuss upon chaos

2 Likes

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Firefire(m): 9:08am On Jul 05, 2016
phemmyutd:

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by yomalex(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2016
ehn Hmm
Baptists are very "political' o

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Mdebi000(f): 9:11am On Jul 05, 2016
okay

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Rexyl(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2016
changes of leadership often comes with grudges in all spheres of life but as far as this concerned in CAN the issues will be tactically and diligently resolved and the head that has won the crown will play crucial role in building upon Christ - the solid foundation of faith in God and the rock of salvation.

Pastor Ayokunle - Congrats!
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by feeloscar(m): 9:20am On Jul 05, 2016
CXLVII:
Sometimes I wonder if CAN is a political party or a Premiership team being coached by Morinho as mostly in the News for funny reason.

I suspect a merger between CAN and APC in the coming 2019 presidential election. Ever since PDP lost power, its been fuss upon chaos
The same way CAN merged with PDP during Oritsejafor's reign right?

3 Likes

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by blackpanda: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2016
What a mess. Smh
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Ofin11(m): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2016
so parties even dey inside can? no wonder God will start judgement from the alter

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by goshen26: 9:35am On Jul 05, 2016
Food for the belly

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by erusen: 9:43am On Jul 05, 2016
wasco24:
buhari why are you trying to northernized our CAN

Please let can be oooooo

In the voice of orubebe will not take this oooooo oooooo
wentin come concern buhari now

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by miqos02(m): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2016
ok
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Pilate2016(m): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2016
WAILLERS every where you go. So person cannot hold a meeting again or you have a skeleton in your cupboard. Some things aren't clear. "REMEMBER THAT THE ELECTION WAS NOT TRANSPARENT"
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Pilate2016(m): 9:55am On Jul 05, 2016
yomalex:
ehn Hmm
Baptists are very "political' o
May be they want to merge with APC in 2019.
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by winningwinner(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2016
When has it become an offence to call for meetings? For God's sake people have been holding meetings. I suspect this Abednego and his CRU to be a bunch of mischief makers. If they are clean, let them look unto God and allow Him do the fighting.
Why do you invite the media in something you are not sure of? True, some people can be funny and stupid!

4 Likes

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by GoldenJAT(m): 10:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Closely observing!some people just love commenting loosely.

1 Like

Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by yomalex(m): 10:26am On Jul 05, 2016
Pilate2016:
May be they want to merge with APC in 2019.
That is clearly not what i meant, my political is in quotes
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by omojeesu(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Politics in 'God's House'.
They have no part in Jesus!
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by lekanafo: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2016
is CAN a biblical or political party?Ask Oritsejafor,political CAN president,a bunch of wordly people.LOL
Re: ‘onaiyekan, Mbang Want Ayokunle’s Inauguration As CAN President Scuttled’ by Okagbare3(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2016
What ever course you take towards the inauguration of the new CAN president always remember not to disapoint God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Faith Healers Who Couldn't Heal Themselves. / Things That God's Kingdom Will End In This World / The Biblical Meaning Of Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.