Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom (29430 Views)

Why We Arrested Omisore: EFCC / How EFCC Traced 1.3billion NSA Funds To Fayose's Account In Picture / How EFCC Almost Arrested Aisha Buhari’s Impostor – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by fexti: 5:57am On Jul 05, 2016
After about three months of hide and seek, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday arrested a former Deputy Governor of Osun State, Otunba Iyiola Omisore.

He was arrested in Abuja for the N4.745billion allegedly allocated to him and others by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA).
Of the slush funds, about N1.310billion was allegedly traced to Omisore and three companies.

His suspected accomplices include Governor Ayodele Fayose and former Minister of (State) Defence Musiliu Obanikoro, who is in the United States.
EFCC operatives climbed a balcony to enter the room where a “jittery” Omisore was arrested. Found in his room, said the source, are $21,000 and about N1million cash.

Sensitive documents relating to transfer of funds to slush companies by ONSA, the National Assembly and some companies were also recovered from Omisore.

Omisore reportedly told the EFCC team: “I will not follow you; only my corpse will follow you.”
He reportedly surrendered when the siege to his house was daunting.
According to a top source in EFCC, the arrest of Omisore followed a successful trail of his movement to Abuja.

The source said: “We had intelligence report that Omisore was at his 1, Kainji Crescent in Maitama, Abuja. We set out at 6am to invite him but when we got there; we were told he was not in town.

“We went into the compound and gained access to the house. We started searching the rooms one by one. At a point, we discovered that the master’s bedroom was locked. We asked them to open it but they said, they had no key to it. Having been aware of our presence, Omisore had firmly locked up himself to evade arrest.

“We surrounded the place with armed policemen and entered the master bedroom through the balcony. When we met him, we showed him a court warrant of arrest and a search warrant fully endorsed by a competent court.

“We searched his room afterwards and we discovered documents linking him to those companies used for laundering of money from ONSA , National Assembly and some firms which they forced to part with cash to fund political campaign.

“Some of the documents on landed properties which he bought with these slush funds.
“When we finished the search, we showed him the warrant of arrest but he retired into a mild drama that he would not go to the EFCC office.

“Omisore, who knew the game was up said: ‘I will not follow you, only my corpse will follow you.’ The suspense continued until his lawyer, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, asked him to go to EFCC headquarters.

“After then, we took him to the office and obtained a statement from him. During interrogation, he admitted that he is a director of some of the companies linked to him . ONSA, National Assembly and some firms that paid huge funds into the accounts of these companies .”

According to the source, Omisore told detectives that the companies paid the funds under investigation to him but they were the money he loaned them.
“We have served him bail conditions, it is left to him to meet these terms to regain freedom. So far, we have detained him,” the source said.

About N1.310billion was traced to Omisore and three companies out of the N4,745billion.
According to a report by the EFCC, the funds were remitted as follows: Fimex Gilt Limited(N160m)-8/8/2014in UBA; Metropolitan Consortium (N350m)—9/7/14 in First Bank; Sawanara (N300m)—1/8/14 in First Bank and Metropolitan Consortium(N350m)-1/8/14 in First Bank.

A top EFCC source, who spoke in confidence, said: “Preliminary findings have shown that N1.310billion out of the N4.745billion from ONSA was remitted to the three firms and the accounts of these three companies belong to Omisore. This is one of the reasons we have invited the former Deputy Governor but he is yet to show up.”

The anti-graft agency through a letter, of April 7, 2016 invited Omisore for interrogation.
The letter, signed by Abubakar Madaki on behalf of the Acting Chairman of EFCC, reads in part: “The commission is investigating an alleged case in which your name featured prominently.
“In view of the above, you are kindly requested to attend an interview the undersigned on Monday, 11th of April 2016 at No.30, Harper Crescent, Wuse Zone 7 at10am.

“Your cooperation in this regard is solicited.”
Instead of honouring the invitation, Omisore wrote a letter through one of his lawyers, Wole Jimi-Bada and Co. that the interview should be rescheduled to Thursday, April 14, 2016.

The counsel said in part: “Your letter dated 7th April 2016 and addressed to our client and delivered to his gateman at our client’s residence has been passed on to our chambers.

“We regret to inform you that our client travelled briefly out of Abuja but will return by Wednesday evening. Consequently and unfortunately, he will not be able to attend the interview scheduled for Monday, 11th April 2016 as requested in your letter under reference

https://www.today.ng/news/national/147388/efcc-arrested-omisore-locking-bedroom

8 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by maryjan8(f): 6:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Good Job. EFCC

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 05, 2016
The Guilty are afraid! What a coward!

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Omonigeriarere: 6:01am On Jul 05, 2016
When i was young, I always thought that those old women in villages living in hamlets were the only witches, but now PMB has shown that Governors, Ministers, commissioners, etc who are predominantly men are the witches.

Apology to women for defamation: let the witch-hunting continues joor.

God bless Nigeria.

160 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by chriskosherbal(m): 6:02am On Jul 05, 2016
God save our dear Nigeria from corrupt politicians.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by midolian(m): 6:03am On Jul 05, 2016
Omisore, who knew the game was up said: ‘I will not follow you, only my corpse will follow you.’ The suspense continued until his lawyer, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, asked him to go to EFCC headquarters.

Lool...All these PDP thieves sef cheesy cheesy cheesy

chriskosherbal:
God save our dear Nigeria from corrupt politicians.
God is already doing that. We just need our hungry unguided youths to stop complaining so God will do more.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by mommaade(f): 6:07am On Jul 05, 2016
Dem don gbab am at last! tongue

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Welrez(m): 6:18am On Jul 05, 2016
The guilty are scared of even their own shadows. Coward!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by fexti: 6:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Welrez:
The guilty are scared of even their shadows. Coward!

yes oh. haha

10 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Almajiri1: 6:22am On Jul 05, 2016
I can imagine the mild drama when he said only his corpse will follow them in a heavy Amala/gbegiri induced state of osun omoluabi voice.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by modath(f): 6:24am On Jul 05, 2016
Omisore told detectives that the companies paid the funds under investigation to him but they were the money he loaned them.

Just when you think you've heard it all and have become shock proof, PDP thieves will pull another one from outer field!!

Loan office of NSA money? shocked shocked shocked are you a savings an loans?

Thunder where are you nah? I need you to fire one old disgrace of a tribesman!! Agbaya Ole onijekuje...

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by midolian(m): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2016
modath:

Just when you think you've heard it all and have become shock proof, PDP thieves will pull another one from outer field!!

Loan office of NSA money? shocked shocked shocked are you a savings an loans?

Thunder where are you nah? I need you to fire one old disgrace of a tribesman!! Agbaya Ole onijekuje...
The thunder wey go fire am still dey rehearse. This man deserves more than the service of an ordinary thunder.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by fexti: 6:33am On Jul 05, 2016
midolian:
The thunder wey go fire am still dey rehearse. This man deserves more than the service of an ordinary thunder.

i tell you

9 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Dannyset(m): 6:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Lmao!
The thunder wey go fire all these PDP thieves ehn still dey do I.T for Sheriff house. grin

23 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Young03(m): 6:36am On Jul 05, 2016
one bottle of sartZ for them each

3 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by blackpanda: 6:37am On Jul 05, 2016
Still some diehard block heads will come here to praise jonathan. How do u sit as "presidentl and billions are flying all over the place, and u tell us u are innocent Like seriously, which other cursed slowpoke will believe that except wailers

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Progressive01(m): 6:37am On Jul 05, 2016
Lol.

Omisowerey is a recalcitrant goat indeed- a full blooded yam eater!

They should have had it his way sef- kill the idyat and take his corpse to EFCC headquarters. grin

#Awaiting the arrival of the Vanguard Against the Fight Against Corruption to descend on the thread and adopt this big ol Goat as their newest son.

29 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by fexti: 6:38am On Jul 05, 2016
blackpanda:
Still some diehard block heads will come here to praise jonathan. How do u sit as "presidentl and billions are flying all over the place, and u tell us u are innocent Like seriously, which other cursed slowpoke will believe that except wailers

i wonder

9 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by batstan(m): 6:53am On Jul 05, 2016
grin grin
Busted

3 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by modath(f): 7:01am On Jul 05, 2016
Progressive01:
Lol.

Omisowerey is a recalcitrant goat indeed- a full blooded yam eater!

They should have had it his way sef- kill the idyat and take his corpse to EFCC headquarters. grin

#Awaiting the arrival of the Vanguard Against the Fight Against Corruption to descend on the thread and adopt this big ol Goat as their newest son.

Was just about to invite you to the "party". cheesy

We have willed him to the "LIVE" our son alone crew tey tey, we don't want his alleged murdering type sef!! Bola Ige's soul will never stop haunting him.. lipsrsealed Good riddance.

midolian:

I tell you!! See the lie!! Greedy soul!

7 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by OlujobaSamuel: 7:18am On Jul 05, 2016
omisebi, you dey mard, this people no dey fear their lies.

5 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by ba7man(m): 7:20am On Jul 05, 2016
And some people wonder why there's no money in the economy. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by maxman01: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2016
Smh n ppl will still defend dis man in dis country der Is no hope I swear

3 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Jesusloveyou: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2016
for easy elimination of this cancerous corruption in d system, we need to re-verify all d company, to able to ascertain d owners of dis companies, in order to achieve what we have achieve with BVN. CAC need to do a proper re-verification of all company. God bless pmb.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by ychris: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2016
so he evn go as far as lockng hmslf up...murfucker, thief manager, barau bansha

3 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Nigerian politicians and their knack for theatricals. Omisore must be a big fan of Baba Suwe.

8 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by gbaskiboy: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2016
Criminal on rampagen what is the essence of arresting and later grant him when we have evidence to imprison him for life

5 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by Taiyescott(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2016
ooo, he shud av gone 2 d toilet na..
Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by YourNemesis: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by vanvick247(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2016
Lolz @ only my corpse will follow you. Fear of the unknown.

2 Likes

Re: How EFCC Arrested Omisore After Locking Himself Up In Bedroom by gen2briz(m): 7:55am On Jul 05, 2016
When they want to eat yam, them no hide. Now to return the yam, dem come dey do hide and seek.

Make he go hide for EFCC custody

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: I’m Not Member Of APC, I’m Running Home After Serving Buhari – Adesina / Fuel Price May Fall As Petrol Vessels Berth At Port / Fani-kayode Writes To Osinbajo – What Fellowship Is There Between Light And Dark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.