Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:07 PM

Diary Of Wendy My Gsd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of Wendy My Gsd (2553 Views)

What Can I Be Feeding My GSD For Proper Growth / My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) / Diary Of My Gsd, Kiara (kiki) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 6:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Finally made up my mind and got myself a gsd. We named her wendy at 4 weeks old the dog isnt as fat as I want my puppy to be.the seller said we shouldn't feed it meat yet so I have started feeding it indomie and fish and also golden morn and milk . yesterday night I bought pedigree dog food but If seems not to like it. I live in a 3 bedroom flat with just my wife so we decided to use one of the bedroom toilet and bathroom as dog house for wendy but she just seems to prefer to be let loose so it can be following one around the house as soon as you put her in her room she starts barking until either she gets tired or you let her out. She is just 4 weeks old can I begin pot training her. As much I would love to allow her roam freely in the house I dont want her messing up the house with poo and urine.

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by GogetterMD(m): 6:10am On Jul 05, 2016
Cute pup
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 10:07am On Jul 05, 2016
GogetterMD:
Cute pup
Thanks
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2016
As this is my first attempt at keeping a dog I would appreciate any input from more experience people in this field especially in areas of feeding and vaccine. I really want this dog to achieve its full potential
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by chuksofficial: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2016
Try to give her more of milk because she is still tender. nice dog u got there
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
chuksofficial:
Try to give her more of milk because she is still tender. nice dog u got there
Thanks
I do give her peak milk hope that is ok
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by pmadise(m): 8:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nice pup but its too early @4wks to disengage her from the bitch. The earliest recommended is 8wks cos the pup needs to learn some behavioural traits from the mum, litter mates and get the needed natural immunity boost.

Do ensure the pup stays warm and clearn and avoid all forms of rigorous exercises. Also locate a good Vet close to you for assessment, deworming and check up.

Congrats and welcome to the family.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 7:27am On Jul 06, 2016
pmadise:
Nice pup but its too early @4wks to disengage her from the bitch. The earliest recommended is 8wks cos the pup needs to learn some behavioural traits from the mum, litter mates and get the needed natural immunity boost.

Do ensure the pup stays warm and clearn and avoid all forms of rigorous exercises. Also locate a good Vet close to you for assessment, deworming and check up.

Congrats and welcome to the family.

Thanks for your input I had to collect it because the owner really wanted to dispose of all the puppies urgently as he wanted to travel. Have been trying my best to do all u mentioned I even went and bought bingo puppy dry food and pedigree canned food mixed it with puppy milk but she doesn't eat much or even drink much milk. Should I try tube feeding it milk or should I observe it for some more days
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by Thobilobah(m): 1:13am On Jul 07, 2016
The pup is still very shy at 4 weeks old by the time she gets acquainted with her new environment she will eat well and then get multivitamin for her and force the pup to drink it she will be very hungry after that and eat well after you give the pup

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thobilobah:
The pup is still very shy at 4 weeks old by the time she gets acquainted with her new environment she will eat well and then get multivitamin for her and force the pup to drink it she will be very hungry after that and eat well after you give the pup

Thanks for your input. I would do that
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by atoleybaba(m): 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2016
If u want to serve her dry food. Soak it in warm milk let the dry food soften
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2016
Wendy was six weeks yesterday so I called in the vet to check her out and probably vaccinate her. The vet fixed friday for the first round of vaccination and gave her two injections yesterday one around the neck and the other on the hinge leg. But as of this morning she refused to eat anything and seems to be in pain as my usually agile dog just stays at a place I noticed that the hinge leg it was injected on was still paining it.
Iam really worried now.
Please is this normal or should I be really worried.
I have called the vet and he said I should massage its leg and she wld be ok later.
The vet said the injection was for deworming and antibiotics
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 10:02am On Jul 18, 2016
Pics of wendy at six weeks and 3days
Very playful sometimes I get angry at the rate she plays

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 10:06am On Jul 18, 2016
More pics

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by olisafincy(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2016
kids love to play almost all the time, in dogs pups also love to play.
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by Aeman(m): 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
Waaaw ur dog z owkai
Jst got myself 1 2 minz 6wks nd started givin her rice fish Nd fish parts , she even enjoys soup bt it must nt be hoot. Bt wat u av 2 du is dat u get b comex nd multivitamin crush dem togeter nd mixed with either rice or any food she enjoys. Jst take good care f her. Safe.
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ok thanks would try that
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
I have tried different kinds of canned food but the dog just doesnt seem to like it please can any one who has experienced this advice me on what to do. Should I just forget about feeding her canned food and go for meat and fish or is there a way to make her like her canned food
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by olisafincy(m): 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2016
Deworm it. but guy that dog doesn't look like GSD, I no go lie u. #Verify
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
olisafincy:
Deworm it.
but guy that dog doesn't look like GSD, I no go lie u. #Verify
I have dewormed it it eats the dry food well if I mix it with either egg or titus but when I mix it with canned food or just give it canned foosf alonevit doesn't eat it.
Yes its a GSD a saber gsd they look different from the normal GSD in terms of colour. You can google saber gsd to educate yourself more.
Thanks for input.
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by olisafincy(m): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
kennethbetha:

I have dewormed it it eats the dry food well if I mix it with either egg or titus but when I mix it with canned food or just give it canned foosf alonevit doesn't eat it.
Yes its a GSD a saber gsd they look different from the normal GSD in terms of colour. You can google saber gsd to educate yourself more.
Thanks for input.
I wan help you, you dey say make i educate myself more, besides Mr teacher it's not saber it's sable, I don't need to make any study, I've done enough research I need to know on GSD. That your dog is a cross breed I'm not quarrelling with you in anyway my dear. But to put things right, whoever sold this to you told you a big lie. I had a Caucasian mix who have exactly a sable colour but it's not GSD. just love the dog but just know it's not sable colour GSD.

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by kennethbetha: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2016
olisafincy:

I wan help you, you dey say make i educate myself more, besides Mr teacher it's not saber it's sable, I don't need to make any study, I've done enough research I need to know on GSD. That your dog is a cross breed I'm not quarrelling with you in anyway my dear. But to put things right, whoever sold this to you told you a big lie. I had a Caucasian mix who have exactly a sable colour but it's not GSD. just love the dog but just know it's not sable colour GSD.
Iam sure it is a pure gsd I know the parents and I know the owner of the dog and he owns both parents.besides I also did my research.
Compare the pics below the first and d second are pics of sable gsd gotten from google the third is a pic of the father and then the last is a pic of wendy
After wich you can back your iinput with proof. Iam willing to learn from you

Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by olisafincy(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
ok
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by olisafincy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
confirm bro, sorry for my critics.
Re: Diary Of Wendy My Gsd by DogLover24(f): 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
kennethbetha:
Finally made up my mind and got myself a gsd. We named her wendy at 4 weeks old the dog isnt as fat as I want my puppy to be.the seller said we shouldn't feed it meat yet so I have started feeding it indomie and fish and also golden morn and milk . yesterday night I bought pedigree dog food but If seems not to like it. I live in a 3 bedroom flat with just my wife so we decided to use one of the bedroom toilet and bathroom as dog house for wendy but she just seems to prefer to be let loose so it can be following one around the house as soon as you put her in her room she starts barking until either she gets tired or you let her out. She is just 4 weeks old can I begin pot training her. As much I would love to allow her roam freely in the house I dont want her messing up the house with poo and urine.

congrats on your new pup, you might find my latest post helpful

http://wooflinepets.com/2016/07/24/how-to-treat-your-new-puppy/

(1) (Reply)

100% Pure Rottweiler Puppy For Sale About 9 Weeks Old / Please I Need Advice. My dog aint growing! / Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.