Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,771 members, 7,806,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? (2204 Views)

What Words Do You Hate Seeing On Social Media? / 5 Smart Ways To Stop Thieves From Using Your Mobile Phone / My Infinix Zero Not Seeing Sim Card Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2016
ARE MTN THIEVES OR I'M SEEING DOUBLE?
I got a message yesterday afternoon from MTN, and they tagged it MTNJULYDEAL.
They asked that I recharge #2,000 within 3days and I'm gonna be be given 7GB with bonus 3.5GB worth of data. I have never trusted MTN and the package looked too good to be true. I don't use mtn for my data bundle cos I don't trust them and they just proved me right.
I decided to give them the benefit of doubt. Though still having subscription on my other sim, I recharged 2,000 and sent the text/subscribed as requested. After which my money was deducted. Lo and behold I was given only 3.5GB. Of course i use a cheaper data with airtel so why would I have to subscribe for mtn again if not cos of d deal?
I called the customer care line, and after much argument, the lady said she isn't aware of any promo or deal like that! To say I was angry is to say the least... This hard economic times MTN decided to bobo me. They cheated me in broad day light!
The customer care said there was only 3.5GB in my account and she doubts if the message I got was from MTN as they can't make such deals!
Attached are the screen short to botress my point!
I call on mtn to either credit my account with the said data or return my 2k... Not just back to my phone but to my account in cash as I had better things to do before I subscribed else I'll keep talking about your theifry to as many ears as wanna hear!!
This isn't fair
Screen short below

Pls help broadcast this till it gets to MTN. Enough of this stealing from the masses to enrich themselves...

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by AK6464(m): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2016
One chance MTN Version, Kpele sir

2 Likes

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by 0ubenji(m): 7:41am On Jul 05, 2016
I got d same msg 2days ago, but I'm not gullible
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Samzack(m): 8:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Deze guyz r lyk sick thieves, I rilli dont use my mtn 2 browse I dumped dem long tym wen dey started dat pulse movement nd trust me dat 3.5gb u have will nt be more dan 1gb deze guyz tink dey r smart I bought dat deir 1gb plan nd it was nt more dan 200mb my broda jst throway dat ur sim mtn r jst international licsenced criminals

1 Like

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by W3xy1(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2016
You shouldn't have use the Mb at all. You should have told their customer care to take their mb and help you refund your credit.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 8:25am On Jul 05, 2016
W3xy1:
You shouldn't have use the Mb at all. You should have told their customer care to take their mb and help you refund your credit.
Bros... the thing is so annoying! I called the silly customer care all she can say is that she isn't sure they were the one that sent me the message...
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 8:27am On Jul 05, 2016
Samzack:
Deze guyz r lyk sick thieves, I rilli dont use my mtn 2 browse I dumped dem long tym wen dey started dat pulse movement nd trust me dat 3.5gb u have will nt be more dan 1gb deze guyz tink dey r smart I bought dat deir 1gb plan nd it was nt more dan 200mb my broda jst throway dat ur sim mtn r jst international licsenced criminals
And we have regulatory bodies thats supposed to be regulating this guys...
Abeg Lalasticlala don't let this guys get away with this.... Help push this up so other persons can beware and desist from those promo subscription MTN offers.

1 Like

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 8:30am On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:
I got d same msg 2days ago, but I'm not gullible
Its not about being gullible bro
Sometimes you just think for once this guys will do the right thing and keep to their words... But of course the disappointment will be very great.

To think that I had just subscribed my airtel cos thats what I use when I saw this mtn deal and just felt like giving it a try while praying that those guys don't disappoint as usual.... Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Samzack(m): 8:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Oooops:

And we have regulatory bodies thats supposed to be regulating this guys...
Abeg Lalasticlala don't let this guys get away with this.... Help push this up so other persons can beware and desist from those promo subscription MTN offers.
left 2 me deze guyz wuld b outta diz country, cuz if it were a nigerian company dat tried diz in SA dey wuld have called names or start killing Nigerians but itz only in Nigeria we accept diz type of sh-t
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by 0ubenji(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2016
Oooops:

Its not about being gullible bro
Sometimes you just think for once this guys will do the right thing and keep to their words... But of course the disappointment will be very great.

To think that I had just subscribed my airtel cos thats what I use when I saw this mtn deal and just felt like giving it a try while praying that those guys don't disappoint as usual.... Hmmmm
Take my advice..
The next time u wanna gv MTN a suicidal chance...mk sure som1 has been thr b4...dat way..u av had a scapegoat who must av tested d waters to be real cold(if it turns out -ve)..
Dat has bin my game..I'm neva in a hurry to lick juicy offers..I wait for peeps like u(no offence intended) to do d reconnaissance survey for me mehn..

1 Like

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Orikinla(m): 9:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Oooops:
ARE MTN THIEVES OR I'M SEEING DOUBLE?
I got a message yesterday afternoon from MTN, and they tagged it MTNJULYDEAL.
They asked that I recharge #2,000 within 3days and I'm gonna be be given 7GB with bonus 3.5GB worth of data. I have never trusted MTN and the package looked too good to be true. I don't use mtn for my data bundle cos I don't trust them and they just proved me right.
I decided to give them the benefit of doubt. Though still having subscription on my other sim, I recharged 2,000 and sent the text/subscribed as requested. After which my money was deducted. Lo and behold I was given only 3.5GB. Of course i use a cheaper data with airtel so why would I have to subscribe for mtn again if not cos of d deal?
I called the customer care line, and after much argument, the lady said she isn't aware of any promo or deal like that! To say I was angry is to say the least... This hard economic times MTN decided to bobo me. They cheated me in broad day light!
The customer care said there was only 3.5GB in my account and she doubts if the message I got was from MTN as they can't make such deals!
Attached are the screen short to botress my point!
I call on mtn to either credit my account with the said data or return my 2k... Not just back to my phone but to my account in cash as I had better things to do before I subscribed else I'll keep talking about your theifry to as many ears as wanna hear!!
This isn't fair
Screen short below

Pls help broadcast this till it gets to MTN. Enough of this stealing from the masses to enrich themselves...

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 9:46am On Jul 05, 2016
Samzack:

left 2 me deze guyz wuld b outta diz country, cuz if it were a nigerian company dat tried diz in SA dey wuld have called names or start killing Nigerians but itz only in Nigeria we accept diz type of sh-t
Thats the problem. Things like this happens and we keep quiet about it. Even when we talk there is nobody to listen so it just keep happening...
Imagine that I even brought it to their notice via calls and Twitter yet mtn didn't have the decency to reply my tweet.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 9:49am On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:

Take my advice..
The next time u wanna gv MTN a suicidal chance...mk sure som1 has been thr b4...dat way..u av had a scapegoat who must av tested d waters to be real cold(if it turns out -ve)..
Dat has bin my game..I'm neva in a hurry to lick juicy offers..I wait for peeps like u(no offence intended) to do d reconnaissance survey for me mehn..
Like what they say... once bitten twice shy... I've learnt! and if mtn don't talk on this issue or treat it, am porting. I deserve an explanation. It's called integrity in business...
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by 0ubenji(m): 10:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Oooops:

Like what they say... once bitten twice shy... I've learnt! and if mtn don't talk on this issue or treat it, am porting. I deserve an explanation. It's called integrity in business...
Lolz..u seem to not be nigerian-bred...
Aw can u liken a morally sensitive word as INTEGRITY to MTN of all companies??
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 10:03am On Jul 05, 2016
0ubenji:

Lolz..u seem to not be nigerian-bred...
Aw can u liken a morally sensitive word as INTEGRITY to MTN of all companies??
Nigeria is supposed to be getting civilized and conscious of business integrity... Anyway when we have such porous government with no working regulatory body what do we expect?
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by MzDesire(f): 10:08am On Jul 05, 2016
Eyah, Pele op. Now that you've learnt your lesson, never trust mtn. I don't even use my mtn line to browse, they are thieves.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by 0ubenji(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2016
Oooops:

Nigeria is supposed to be getting civilized and conscious of business integrity... Anyway when we have such porous government with no working regulatory body what do we expect?
Nau u r talkin
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Nero2220(m): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2016
embarassedIt is sad, what happened to you. But I feel more sad knowing that mtn, most likely, will get away with it embarassedIt is sad, what happened to you. But I feel more sad knowing that mtn, most likely, will get away with it
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by jesse8048(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2016
Jus got dis msg nw, wanted to giv it a try later in d day but tanx to u boss for saving me. grin
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by dannielight(m): 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
OP, you surprised someone like me...in this present day Nigeria everyone knows MTN is a devil. They give you something to take back more precious things.

You cannot trust them an inch
Sorry though, endure en
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
MTN, the same multi-billion dollar company which cheats me out of N25.00 nightly? I've washed my hands off their matter and decided to use only network cheats for their case. I can't cry if I spend nothing and gain 100mb data or pay N100.00 and use 5GB.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by kmcee: 3:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello Oooops, i know MTN can be tricky at times, but let me explain something to you.

All you needed to do was just load N2000 recharge card. You didn't need to send any text/code to them - and they would have given you the free 3.5GB. I think you actually subscribed to a data plan by sending that text.

I got a similar text - "Load N500 within 3days and get 1GB". I actually wanted to subscribe my data but since i got that message i just loaded the N500 to enjoy the 1GB first before subscribing. I got about 50MB from them earlier and was using that to browse and after it finished i couldn’t use the 1GB to browse. Then i was like - chei MTN, you people have deceived me, and i had to subscribe my data. But after subscribing my data and using about 40MB, the free 1GB started working and that's what i'm using to browse now.

So, in your case, what happened is - the message they sent you was a bit confusing and you didn't take time to read it.

So, sorry bro, i know how painful that can be. But next time, shine your eye well..
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
EmptyHen deducted N800 from my credit for no reason. Gave them a call then the useless story began. That they are sorry. They would forward it to the unit involved. Up till this moment, I no see anything from them.

I also got the same message but I never recharge. It's high time to port fully to glo for browsing.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by sheddy03: 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
I saw this, and decided to give it a shot. they say awof de run belle, I was given 25MB and N50 deducted from my credit. I think the owner of that blog is an MTN agent.

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Majlaw(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
I borrowed #100 from mtn and dis is wat I got as my outstanding balance

Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 5:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
kmcee:
Hello Oooops, i know MTN can be tricky at times, but let me explain something to you.

All you needed to do was just load N2000 recharge card. You didn't need to send any text/code to them - and they would have given you the free 3.5GB. I think you actually subscribed to a data plan by sending that text.

I got a similar text - "Load N500 within 3days and get 1GB". I actually wanted to subscribe my data but since i got that message i just loaded the N500 to enjoy the 1GB first before subscribing. I got about 50MB from them earlier and was using that to browse and after it finished i couldn’t use the 1GB to browse. Then i was like - chei MTN, you people have deceived me, and i had to subscribe my data. But after subscribing my data and using about 40MB, the free 1GB started working and that's what i'm using to browse now.

So, in your case, what happened is - the message they sent you was a bit confusing and you didn't take time to read it.

So, sorry bro, i know how painful that can be. But next time, shine your eye well..
I munched the message for u to see. It is actually very straight forward... Go through it and see.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
Nero2220:
embarassedIt is sad, what happened to you. But I feel more sad knowing that mtn, most likely, will get away with it embarassedIt is sad, what happened to you. But I feel more sad knowing that mtn, most likely, will get away with it
That's the problem. They keep getting away with the nonsense they do. Thats why they keep doing it.
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Timileyin1234(m): 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Una go pay from the part of the money NCC said that they should paid. Make una port to airtel jawe
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by Oooops: 7:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Timileyin1234:
Una go pay from the part of the money NCC said that they should paid. Make una port to airtel jawe
Abi? Things will change soon sha!!! Nigeria will become better!!!

Lalasticlala pls help me escalate this and don't let this guys get away with this.
I just called their call center the the customer care guy claims he has no idea about any of such deals. Can u imagine? Thank God I have people here that can attest to the fact that they got same message
Re: Are Mtn Thieves Or I'm Not Seeing Well? by olurotimi1: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2016
I subscribed for this 1k plan and I was given the extra 1.5gb. dial *131*4# for me its there

(1) (Reply)

Best Emoji/gif/emoticon Keyboards On Android For Better Texting / Any Soldier Or Anyone Who Knows A Soldier That Is Around Alimosho Help Me / Why Are Some Pre-installed App Duplicated In My Infinix Note 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.