Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! (4700 Views)

Why Theists And Deists Can't Tell Us "God Wasn't Created".. / Communist Leaders And Atheists; Is There Any Difference? / Peaceful Debate Between Theists And Atheists Holds Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I argue with KingEbukaNaija a lot but that post is reasonable and there's no 'attack' there. Agnosticism means 'I dont know' and atheism means 'no god' when crudely translated.

Don't mind him abeg
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by hahn(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How does this stop the creator of the universe from existing ?

It can't stop it from existing because it doesn't exist
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
hahn:

It can't stop it from existing because it doesn't exist

The creator of the universe certainly exists because the universe has a cause . Its cause is its creator . Its not rocket science

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Pr0ton:

If a friend tells you a tree is right in front of your door and you go out to check it out and can't find one, then you can reasonably say there is no tree in front of your door.

Yes indeed - although I will allow that perhaps it is either not the sort of tree I expected to see, or it is not a tree I can see at all.

If he says the tree is invincible or can't be perceived by any of your sense organs you are not wrong to call him stupid and feel right about your judgement. This is the stand of atheists.

Now here is the problem. You said "can not be perceived by any of your sense organs" -

Let me ask you a question. Do human beings only perceive things through their defined sensory organs?

In this instance, there indeed is a Tree - This Tree is GOD.

However GOD is an un-embodied, eternal, self existent and complete mind - It is the Mind that is the wellspring of all realities.

To expect to be able to perceive such a thing with your sensory organs is more bizzare than a speck of sand expecting to be able to perceive all the sand in the universes or a drop of water expecting to perceive the entirely of the ocean. Worse than these actually, because God, as I have described IT - is not of the same species in terms of planes as you are and what you have therefore asked will amount to asking the universes to give you a personal handshake, perhaps with a plaque at a personal ceremony for you - before you recognize that God exists.

My friend - the existence of God is an OBVIOUS AND SELF EVIDENT FACT.

Aside that the evidence rests everywhere in legion forms - any sentient being need only observe its own reality for a heartbeat to cognize God. If anything, it is the very perverted reasoning of the reverse position that ought to be condemned as being intrinsically dim - and even illogical and counter-intuitive: the view that there is either no God - and even the agnostic (but more balanced view) that one cannot know - are both most self deceptive - Because:

- - - - > One may not know all the colors of God - but the existence of that permanent element is philosophically, logically, scientifically and intuitively beyond cavil.
It cannot be reasonably disputed by anything that calls itself a human being.

PS: The correct word highlighted in red up there in your post should be "invisible" - something one cannot see - and not "invincible" - something one cannot defeat/ overcome: although it is touche for us to note that this also applies to God.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeepSight:

Yes indeed - although I will allow that perhaps it is either not the sort of tree I expected to see, or it is not a tree I can see at all.

Now here is the problem. You said "can not be perceived by any of your sense organs" -

Let me ask you a question. Do human beings only perceive things through their defined sensory organs?

However GOD is an un-embodied, eternal, self existent and complete mind - It is the Mind that is the wellspring of all realities.

To expect to be able to perceive such a thing with your sensory organs is more bizzare than a speck of sand expecting to be able to perceive all the sand in the universes or a drop of water expecting to perceive the entirely of the ocean. Worse than these actually, because God, as I have described IT - is not of the same species in terms of planes as you are and what you have therefore asked will amount to asking the universes to give you a personal handshake, perhaps with a plaque at a personal ceremony for you - before you recognize that God exists.

Aside that the evidence rests everywhere in legion forms - any sentient being need only observe its own reality for a heartbeat to cognize God. If anything, it is the very perverted reasoning of the reverse position that ought to be condemned as being intrinsically dim - and even illogical and counter-intuitive: the view that there is either no God - and even the agnostic (but more balanced view) that one cannot know - are both most self deceptive - Because:

- - - - > One may not know all the colors of God - but the existence of that permanent element is philosophically, logically, scientifically and intuitively beyond cavil.

PS: The correct word highlighted in red up there in your post should be "invisible" - something one cannot see - and not "invincible" - something one cannot defeat/ overcome: although it is touche for us to note that this also applies to God.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I salute you.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by felixomor: 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeepSight:

OUTSTANDING!!
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism = I dont know but its not God = close-mindedness

Agnosticism = I don't know , it could be God , it could anything = open-mindedness

Theism = I know, its God. = Close-mindedness
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

May I ask you a few questions Sire? Just to understand you better.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeepSight:

May I ask you a few questions Sire? Just to understand you better.

Go on
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Go on

1. When the word "God" is used in a Theistic vs Atheistic discussion - what do you think that word means or connotes? What springs to mind as what is being discussed in such discussions as per the word "God"?

2. What is Time?

3. What is space?

4. What is a mind?

5. Are you a strict materialist? i.e: Do you believe that only physical things exist and that all things are physical?

These should do for now, much appreciated.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
onetrack:

I am agnostic atheist. I don't believe in any god but I cannot say there is not one.
nobody can say for sure there is no god
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by hahn(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The creator of the universe certainly exists because the universe has a cause

If it's existence is so certain then why are there so many disagreements as regards, it's name, features, perversions, likes and dislikes?

Its cause is its creator . Its not rocket science

And it is a product of religious indoctrination fueled by the fear of the wrath of a vengeful, all punishing and all destroying god smiley

2 Likes

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 6:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeepSight:

1. When the word "God" is used in a Theistic vs Atheistic discussion - what do you think that word means or connotes? What springs to mind as what is being discussed in such discussions as per the word "God"?

2. What is Time?

3. What is space?

4. What is a mind?

5. Are you a strict materialist? i.e: Do you believe that only physical things exist and that all things are physical?

These should do for now, much appreciated.

I'd answer question 1 & 5. The rest can be checked up in an English dictionary.

1. The word " God " in Theist-atheist discussions often connotes a "a supreme being, and creator of the universe".

2. I am not a strict materialist.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Sure . I'm close minded on God's existence . It's certain -100 percent

1 Like

Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
hahn:

If it's existence is so certain then why are there so many disagreements as regards, it's name, features, perversions, likes and dislikes?

And it is a product of religious indoctrination fueled by the fear of the wrath of a vengeful, all punishing and all destroying god smiley

Again , you can't do without religion . You atheists need religion to be relevant . I'm being logical here while you are clutching unto religion . Continue , you keep proving my point .

You made a non sequitur by the way . Your arguments do not logically follow mine
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sure . I'm close minded on God's existence . It's certain -100 percent

Nice.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Again , you can't do without religion . You atheists need religion to be relevant .

I disagree with this.
Kindly elucidate.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by hahn(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Again , you can't do without religion . You atheists need religion to be relevant . I'm being logical here while you are clutching unto religion . Continue , you keep proving my point .

You made a non sequitur by the way . Your arguments do not logically follow mine

Lol. Guy grin
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

I disagree with this.
Kindly elucidate.

Let's do it this way . Be candid with your responses

Why did you abjure you belief in God or impugn the reality of God's existence ?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's do it this way . Be candid with your responses

Why did you abjure you belief in God or impugn the reality of God's existence ?

I was expecting a response from you rather than a counter question.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

I was expecting a response from you rather than a counter question.

Bro , I said : "Let's do it this way " .
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bro , I said : "Let's do it this way " .

Fine.
Continue
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

I'd answer question 1 & 5. The rest can be checked up in an English dictionary.

1. The word " God " in Theist-atheist discussions often connotes a "a supreme being, and creator of the universe".

2. I am not a strict materialist.

Thank you for these, much appreciated.
However as regards the rest, perhaps I should be more clear, I inquire of your own understanding of these things with specific regard to same Theistic vs Atheistic discourses. I inquire because I believe those precepts Have cardinal bearing on the discussion. Dictionary definitions will thus not suffice in this context.

Will you oblige sire?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Fine.
Continue

So answer my question . You don forget shey
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeepSight:

Thank you for these, much appreciated.
However as regards the rest, perhaps I should be more clear, I inquire of your own understanding of these things with specific regard to same Theistic vs Atheistic discourses. I inquire because I believe those precepts Have cardinal bearing on the discussion. Dictionary definitions will thus not suffice in this context.

Will you oblige sire?

Let me quickly say that my perceptions don't differ from their dictionary meaning Sir.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So answer my question . You don forget shey

I gradually lost believe in the human concept of a god because the more I seek knowledge of him, the less convinced I become, given the human accounts available.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

Let me quickly say that my perceptions don't differ from their dictionary meaning Sir.

Very well. In that case, that's all. Thank you.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
Please go ahead and make your point DeepSight.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:

I gradually lost believe in the human concept of a god because the more I seek knowledge of him, the less convinced I become, given the human accounts available.

What knowledge of Him ?
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeSepiero(m): 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What knowledge of Him ?

Any
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by DeepSight(m): 11:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
DeSepiero:
Please go ahead and make your point DeepSight.

I can't really. The specific point I was trying to make will involve a philosophical take on Time, Space and Mind. Referring me to the dictionary cannot help that: as you know even the Dictionary will have multiple definitions of each word and of course multiple uses depending on the context or conversation. Thus only a personal philosophical take on the meaning of these words (at an existential level) would help me proceed in what I wanted to say. Its anyhow stuff I have discussed in detail in ancient threads of mine and those of others on this forum.

It doesn't really matter anyhow; everything in existence and every passing heartbeat bespeaks the ineluctable conclusion of the existence of God.
Re: To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! by urahara(m): 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Atheism = I dont know but its not God = close-mindedness

Agnosticism = I don't know , it could be God , it could anything = open-mindedness

Theism= you are closed minded for saying its not god, but u r open minded for saying its god

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OPM Dr Jesus Night With Coconut Friday 26th October. / End-time Study: Positioning Yourself For The Moves Of God In 2016 / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.