Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 (5051 Views)

10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer / How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence / What Does 2.4L Really Mean In A Engine Of Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by rhymestech: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
My Toyota Corolla 2005 engine soaks one of the plug and immediately the car starts jerking. When the plug is replaced, the car keeps running smoothly until that particular plug is soaked again.

My mechanic said i should ring or buy a tokunbo engine.

Please what should i do?

Thank you.
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by mayor2013: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
Any blue somke coming out from the exhaust? If your engine cover seals are gone you could have a case like this where the plugs soaks oil .if your engine compression is still ok. Why change your engine. Ringing that engine is a waste of money and time. If you are in lagos visit multi autolab for inspection. 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by sultaan(m): 1:42am On Jul 06, 2016
Start with the easy things first leaking valve cover gasket and valve seals
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by honmusa(m): 6:25am On Jul 06, 2016
rhymestech:
My Toyota Corolla 2005 engine soaks one of the plug and immediately the car starts jerking. When the plug is replaced, the car keeps running smoothly until that particular plug is soaked again.

My mechanic said i should ring or buy a tokunbo engine.

Please what should i do?

Thank you.
You need to go for compression test and leak down test to ascertain the reason for the oil leak whether is due to worn valve or piston ring .
Worn valve can still be repaired without change of engine but issue due to worn piston ring require will require change of engine .
To conduct all this test ,you can call autologic @ 08061166316
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by Jusome: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
My Toyota 1999 model soak one plug and also run shortage of oil... It smoke when u press acceleration very hard is it ringing or I show buy new engine
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by honmusa(m): 9:45pm On Jan 09, 2017
Jusome:
My Toyota 1999 model soak one plug and also run shortage of oil... It smoke when u press acceleration very hard is it ringing or I show buy new engine
Buy new engine jejely and stop using 20w50 oil for servicing .

1 Like

Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by mayorwesley: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2017
My camry 2001 shorts oil, and my mech said i have to change d entire engine altho a friend of mine said i shd go for half engine owin to d fact dat my gear box and oda parts are still good. Pls wat do i do, cos d price my mech dey call for new engine plenghty ooo.
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by emmaak2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
mayorwesley:
My camry 2001 shorts oil, and my mech said i have to change d entire engine altho a friend of mine said i shd go for half engine owin to d fact dat my gear box and oda parts are still good. Pls wat do i do, cos d price my mech dey call for new engine plenghty ooo.

do ur engine smoke wen accelerating
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by DrGabbi(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
My Toyota corolla 2003 has similar problem and the exhaust doesn't have smoke. It makes knocking sound as they call it. I was told to get another engine. The gear box, alternator still work fine.
Do you suggest I get half engine or the whole engine. Like how much will either of these cost me to buy?
Thanks
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by Alajehub: 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hmm
Re: Can I Ring Or Replace The Engine Of Toyota Corolla 2005 by J0hnTrevolt(m): 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
Two years later, u wan sell 'live snake' to person? Fear God oo!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help Guys! How Do You Start Your Engine After Car Has Overheated! / Updated .....Hyundia Elantra 07, (2.0 limited)Vs Honda Civic 07(1.8) / Suv Or Saloon Car? Brand New Or Used?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.