Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder (5869 Views)

Bathsheba's Rooftop Bath - Coincidence Or An Act Of Seduction? / Noahs Ark, A Work Of Fiction Or Reality? / Atheists Please I Need An Explanation. Coincidence Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
The thread by Damogul is what has finally prompted me to write.

Some oldies in the religion section of Nairaland might know a bit or more about my spiritual journey; how I toyed with atheism, then agnosticism, and now labelless. I just apply whatever principle works for me per time. These principles might have their roots in Christianity, Buddhism, etc.

I am also not the kind who enjoys arguments over the existence of a God or not. Matter of fact, I believe that I am God.

Now, there is a difference between believing and knowing.

On days, when I have soaked myself deep in meditation, I find that I am filled with this awareness, consciousness and KNOWING...that I am God. That I am filled and guided by a divine essence/source which for lack of a better word (as far as I'm concerned), I mostly refer to as God or Abba, which means Father.

During times like this, I could best be described as an angel. Lol

My attitude, character and aura can best be described as other worldly.
It is at such times that people who meet me describe me as "too good to be true".

Other times...well, I'm as human as it gets. I get angry, I laugh, Smile etc.

Now, before getting to this stage of enlightenment, I was once a Christian. A firebrand born again Christian and the event I'm about to share with you happened in that era.

3 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
I used to conduct midnight prayers among a group of brethren. So one midnight, I woke up to notice this looong mark on my Left arm. Immediately I concluded it was an attack and brought it to the attention of the brethren. We casted and binded. I was worried and scared.

Then at some point, I decided to remove my mind from the scar on my arm.
I wholeheartedly joined in singing praises to God.
After the session was over, I remembered I had something on my arm that caused me to worry.

Lo, Behold, It wasn't there anymore.
I announced it to my brethren and we thanked God for the miracle.

Please note that this didn't mark the last time I saw such mark during my sojourn as a Christian, but never again on my left arm, and never as obvious.

Nowadays, No More.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
PUZZLING THOUGHTS.

At a time when I almost crossed over to try Atheism owing to semi-convictions from a person who taught me my first lessons on God's Grace, the event described above made me hold back.

I have not seen the entity we call God. Apart from what I read in the bible about Jesus (which I choose to believe anyway) I do not have any tangible evidence that he exists/existed.

But what I do know for sure is that the supernatural/paranormal is real. I am convinced that there are powers/energies out there and based on their perceived chatacteristics I have categorised them into good and bad.

While I have a million reasons to buttress this belief of mine, the one I described above stands out because it defies logic and NO...it is neither coincidence nor hallucination or anything that remotely resembles such.

If anyone has a tangible explanation that aptly describes what happened to me that night, please proffer. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Ramon92: 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
Smiles!!! How I love this....by the way thisbis damogul. I am using my other moniker since I got banned.

Let Atheists try first before we believers do.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by winner01(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
Dont worry my sister, dalaman will explain to you better using naturalistic terms.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Kondomatic(m): 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
But you said in your post that you're God nah so how comes you can't even explain a thing as simple as that.

Your former friend Tallesty.

6 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dalaman: 5:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
Dont worry my sister, dalaman will explain to you better using naturalistic terms.

Boy!!! Why are you stalking me na? grin

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by CoolUsername: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
Do you have solid evidence of the mark appearing? I'm not calling you a liar but an extraordinary claim such as yours should require extraordinary evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Kondomatic(m): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:
Let Atheists try first before we believers do.
What do they know about miracle?
The best they can do is say it did not happen because it isn't logical or ask her to provide tangible evidence or may be find a new word for it and update the dictionary.
That's all.
CoolUsername:
Do you have solid evidence of the mark appearing? I'm not calling you a liar but an extraordinary claim such as yours should require extraordinary evidence.

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2016
Theg have started asking for evidence as if everyone should be walkinf around with their digital cameras or mobile phones ready to document befores and afters of events. Some statements sha.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by megawax8: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by megawax8: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
Miz,

I am not an atheist, but I am part of those that believe that we wrongly credit few natural happenings to something spiritual.

That clearly could be an allergic reaction or better still caused by an insect.

Once woke up to a distorted face, yes, distorted I.e swollen and as hard as a rock. Extended to few parts of my body. I drank plenty water, and in minutes, at most one hour, I was totally back to normal. No drugs, nothing. I was glad till intensive googling led me to suspect allergy, so i wrote down everything i could remember eating or coming in contact with. On a new day, i tried replicating my actions removing that which was newest one at a time. It took me a while but I finally realised it was a new groundnut oil my mum bought that caused it. I laughed profusely at how hard she prayed the night it happened.

I could be wrong with my suggestions in this case of yours but I stand with my opinion except you tell me you were bleeding from the mark or saw a little blood clot or something which suddenly disappeared.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by CoolUsername: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
Kondomatic:
What do they know about miracle?
The best they can do is say it did not happen because it isn't logical or ask her to provide tangible evidence or may be find a new word for it and update the dictionary.
That's all.

It's as simple as that. Anyone can make a claim. Evidence makes it a fact.

If I see an amputee's limb grow back on live TV after prayer, then that would be awesome evidence. Isn't it suspicious that one of the only unambiguous evidence of a miracle is the one that we don't see?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
CoolUsername:

It's as simple as that. Anyone can make a claim. Evidence makes it a fact.

If I see an amputee's limb grow back on live TV after prayer, then that would be awesome evidence. Isn't it suspicious that one of the only unambiguous evidence of a miracle is the one that we don't see?

You see what you choose to. All the while you have been claiming that God does not exist and giving all manner of reasons your intellect has not revealed to you the easiest and best way to disprove Gods existence is by meeting God on Hos own turf?

When I say meeting Him on His turf I mean being born again genuinely and then watching out to see if he would or would not show up for you.

Whatever your assumptions of Gods existence or lack of are does not change who God is or erase him. But do you know that I have seen people who genuinely were tired of the life they were living and asked God to reveal himself to them and God did and blew them away and today they are believers?

I have a former alcoholic who put God to the test. An urhobo man. Mr Mairo Daferede. He said in his drunken state that if God loves him that God should take away the desire for alcohol and the very next bottle of ogogoro he took after he woke up tasted like pee. He tasted 4 bottles and all tasted like pee and he suddenly lost interest in ogogoro.

Today he is sober and has never touched hot drink again. He attends Church of God mission Festac branch
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by winner01(m): 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
dalaman:

Boy!!! Why are you stalking me na? grin
What name will you give her?. Shes no atheist, theist or agnostic. She also said God answered her prayers, react to that.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by CoolUsername: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:

You see what you choose to. All the while you have been claiming that God does not exist and giving all manner of reasons your intellect has not revealed to you the easiest and best way to disprove Gods existence is by meeting God on Hos own turf?

When I say meeting Him on His turf I mean being born again genuinely and then watching out to see if he would or would not show up for you.

Whatever your assumptions of Gods existence or lack of are does not change who God is or erase him. But do you know that I have seen people who genuinely were tired of the life they were living and asked God to reveal himself to them and God did and blew them away and today they are believers?

I have a former alcoholic who put God to the test. An urhobo man. Mr Mairo Daferede. He said in his drunken state that if God loves him that God should take away the desire for alcohol and the very next bottle of ogogoro he took after he woke up tasted like pee. He tasted 4 bottles and all tasted like pee and he suddenly lost interest in ogogoro.

Today he is sober and has never touched hot drink again. He attends Church of God mission Festac branch

Been there; done that...

I have a counter question for you. Which of the gods out there should I meet on his turf? Why should I choose over the others?

The God depicted in the Bible was all over the place conversing with men and performing unambiguous signs and wonders. What happened to all that?

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
What name will you give her?. Shes no atheist, theist or agnostic. She also said God answered her prayers, react to that.

He will call her a tankatheigon.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by dalaman: 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:

God answered her prayers? Getting what you want has nothing to do with any God because it happens to alot of people regardless of their religion.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
CoolUsername:

Been there; done that...

I have a counter question for you. Which of the gods out there should I meet on his turf? Why should I choose over the others?

The God depicted in the Bible was all over the place conversing with men and performing unambiguous signs and wonders. What happened to all that?

If you want to go through the list of all the gods and test them all out then be my guest. But since your angst is against Jehovah Elshadai the father of my Lord Jesus Christ then you would be wise to focus solely on Him.

My gist is not about what the Bible says about God's experiences. What I want is your personal experience.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by Ranchhoddas: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
*watching in 3d*
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by DRISKLEF(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
winner01:
LOL!
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mizmycoli no Atheist is yet to give you an answer o. They first of all want to unanimously decide on what to call you since you aint an Atheist a theist or an Agnostic yet God responded to you.

Please ask them to overcome that huge hurdle because we are all waiting to read the explanation they have.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
@Megawax8

This wasn't a swollen face.
It was a wound.

You know how when someone scratches you and the blood clots forming some kinda line that has black covering, that's what I'm talking about.

This is not the first time I have had such.You will agree with me that such lingers.

As I talk to you I checked my body to see marks that have healed, but if you look at my legs for example, you will notice an evidence of a mark/scar, though it has healed.

Now, if this is something I can dismiss or give an explanation to, I will not be writing here.

I know what I experienced that night.

A year later, I asked one of the people who prayed with me if she remember my sharing this experience with them and she replied in the affirmative.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
To the person who is asking for evidence, sorry. I have none to show you.
Your statement is a tad insensitive of you ask me. So you really expect that a human who woke up with a long wound on her hand which she never expected would disappear will get a camera phone to snap her arm, to prove what exactly?

The people I called that day and informed what happened to my hand is enough evidence, if you cannot come up with an explanation, pass please.

Evidence ko
Evidentialism ni.

Even in a court of law, people are sentenced based on testimonies from witnesses inter Alia.

If you are insinuating that I might have come up with these stories to hold brief for a God that I sometimes find hard to believe exists in the way we humans think he does, then you really do need to re-evaluate.

My request still stands...
If you have an explanation, kindly proffer so we can review together.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:
@Megawax8

This wasn't a swollen face.
It was a wound.

You know how when someone scratches you and the blood clots forming some kinda line that has black covering, that's what I'm talking about.

This is not the first time I have had such.You will agree with me that such lingers.

As I talk to you I checked my body to see marks that have healed, but if you look at my legs for example, you will notice an evidence of a mark/scar, though it has healed.

Now, if this is something I can dismiss or give an explanation to, I will not be writing here.

I know what I experienced that night.

A year later, I asked one of the people who prayed with me if she remember my sharing this experience with them and she replied in the affirmative.

And how do we confirm you're tellin' the truth 'bout tis'...

4 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by CoolUsername: 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
4everGod1:

If you want to go through the list of all the gods and test them all out then be my guest. But since your angst is against Jehovah Elshadai the father of my Lord Jesus Christ then you would be wise to focus solely on Him.

My gist is not about what the Bible says about God's experiences. What I want is your personal experience.

I compared the Bible's claims to what we see in reality and was disappointed. I don't have a sob story.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by MizMyColi(f): 7:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
BossTtdiamonds:

And how do we confirm you're tellin' the truth 'bout tis'...

You don't need to confirm.

If you cannot take my word for it, pass please.

1 Like

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 7:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

Mizmycoli your testimony is glorious and I thank God for you. As a believer let me give you a confirmation that it was God.

Pls click this link and read. For those asking for proof you can contact the young man in the link and ask him and not shouting proof proof proof all over place on this thread.

http://supernaturaltruth.com/evidence-of-scars-being-healed/
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
MizMyColi:

Oh! My.... And here I thought the evidence in truth for the existence for anything as you have preciously inferred in past years was factual concrete proof.
I would however pass as commanded. I do hope you get the proof you seek.

2 Likes

Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by BossTtdiamonds(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
CoolUsername:

I compared the Bible's claims to what we see in reality and was disappointed. I don't have a sob story.

Reality is overrated.
Re: Coincidence Or Reality? Pls I Need An Explanation. - An Adjoinder by 4everGod1: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
Mizmycoli when you are done reading the link I gave you the rest is up to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Buried The Dinosaurs In Mass Graves? / BBC Investigation Unveils Late Nigerian Pastor, TB Joshua’s Atrocities, Life Of / There's No Denomination With God-An encounter with JehovahWitness-DemonWitnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.