Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified - Technology Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified (30035 Views)

5kva Solar Inverter with 8 Solar Panels SOLD / Repair Your Schneider, Xantrex, Outback & Magnum Inverter With us. / New Month Price Drop! 1000w (1.5kva) Pure Sine Inverter With Digital Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Turks: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2016
If this setup is to be used with a 32" LED TV, a GoTv decoder as well as three 2Amps phone chargers only..On the average, how long do you think the battery would last for?

Apologies for the numerous questions. My motto: Challenge Everything.

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2016
Someone asked a question connecting several batteries together. Yeah it's possible.

Using a parallel connector you can increase your Amps. e.g connecting two LiFePO4 together can give you a battery bank of 80Ah using the parallel connector. This extends the hours its use.

Connecting in series will increase your volts and maintain your Amps rating. with respect to the battery, two connected in series will give a 24V battery bank.

Also for those requesting for indicators, you will have to place a special order for that cos it's not included in the Setup but you want it to make things easy for your personal use so also the series and parallel connectors.

Thanks
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2016
Turks:
If this setup is to be used with a 32" LED TV, a GoTv decoder as well as three 2Amps phone chargers only..On the average, how long do you think the battery would last for?

Apologies for the numerous questions. My motto: Challenge Everything.

Hmmm! with the above appliances, nothing less than 5 hours sir
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by dtruseeker(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2016
I cannot afford all the necessary items at once. My question is can I make use of UPS connected directly from the solar panel via the charge controller without battery?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
dtruseeker:
I cannot afford all the necessary items at once. My question is can I make use of UPS connected directly from the solar panel via the charge controller without battery?

it does not work like that sir moreover the UPS is not designed to suit that kind of purpose. it's line interactive sir. An off grid inverter will be nice. Also the charge controller will not supply power to the inverter if it doesn't have a battery connected to it. it only supplies when the max threshold you set for it to stop charging the battery has been reached then it starts supplying the excess to the inverter.
Will expatiate on this later.

2 Likes

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by dtruseeker(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2016
generalstingz:

it does not work like that sir moreover the UPS is not designed to suit that kind of purpose. it's line interactive sir. An off grid inverter will be nice. Also the charge controller will not supply power to the inverter if it doesn't have a battery connected to it. it only supplies when the max threshold you set for it to stop charging the battery has been reached then it starts supplying the excess to the inverter.
Will expatiate on this later.
thanks for the info sir
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2016
dtruseeker:
thanks for the info sir
You are welcome Sir

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by adeememman(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2016
generalstingz:

You are welcome Sir
welldone sir. I want to ask that the UPS that will be sold with the package for 17k, is it old or new. If its new, does dat increases the usage time compared to using an old UPS
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
adeememman:
welldone sir. I want to ask that the UPS that will be sold with the package for 17k, is it old or new. If its new, does dat increases the usage time compared to using an old UPS

Hello Sir! I only gave a rough estimate for anybody to setup on his/her own. I setup mostly with new UPS to avoid problems but if the individual can get or already has one it's no problem.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2016
Morning! Below is a picture of a newly converted UPS and also a complete Setup using a new UPS.

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:53am On Jul 23, 2016
generalstingz:
Here is the Price list of the items required for the setup:
LiFePO4 battery with Charger: 13,000,
Used UPS- 3,000
And the Anderson cable -1500 or less because it's a little bit. scarce.
Total-17,500.

There's a little bit change in price of the battery now as regards when this price quote was given earlier.

The battery with its charger- 15k

The battery without charger - 12k ( I.e alone for those that already have the charger before.)
Anderson still remains 1500.
Thanks
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by babz510(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Can solarpanel be connected to charge the batteries?? If yes,do you have charge controller? How much is the charge indicator??
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
babz510:
Can solarpanel be connected to charge the batteries??
If yes,do you have charge controller?
How much is the charge indicator??
Yes sir it can.I don't have the charge controller presently Sir. Will get back to you on the indicator Sir.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by babz510(m): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
generalstingz:

Yes sir it can.I don't have the charge controller presently Sir. Will get back to you on the indicator Sir.

Ok
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by timtrader(m): 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2016
I was just about to buy a 1,000wats inverter when I stumbled on ur thread. I hav d battery, charger, dc distributor. Am just going to pull out my unused ups and modify it right away. When I do that, I will request your number to send you recharge card for d knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice work Op.. Pls how much can I get the 200ah lifepo4 battery
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
timtrader:
I was just about to buy a 1,000wats inverter when I stumbled on ur thread. I hav d battery, charger, dc distributor. Am just going to pull out my unused ups and modify it right away. When I do that, I will request your number to send you recharge card for d knowledge.

Hmmm! Thanks Sir
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by darexkey(m): 8:24am On Jul 24, 2016
following
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2016
Morning to you all! More styles of setting up to come up this week and also solutions to little challenges one might face once in a while.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2016
Morning to you all!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by timtrader(m): 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
Broda, I do not have another anderson cable here to connect from UPS to battery, is there an alternate cable type I can manipulate for now. Thanks.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 5:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
timtrader:
Broda, I do not have another anderson cable here to connect from UPS to battery, is there an alternate cable type I can manipulate for now. Thanks.

You can always try out something you think will work but be careful about polarity.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Morning!!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by joenor(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2016
Thanks Bro for this, Can I ask something, How much can I get such battery and charger?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:57am On Jul 27, 2016
joenor:
Thanks Bro for this, Can I ask something, How much can I get such battery and charger?
15k Sir
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:58am On Jul 27, 2016
grayht:
Nice work Op.. Pls how much can I get the 200ah lifepo4 battery
It's not around its likely it costs much. Probably around 60k
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by ameh99: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2016
Please do you have the battery and charger in question?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Papishi(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
generalstingz:
Morning!!

I have an inverter which am using with a 150AH battery. Though the battery is now spoilt, can I use my normal inverter for this and if yes will it affects its efficiency?

can I use my normal inverter to charge it too and if am using ma inverter what should I expect as in charging and discharging time?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2016
Papishi:

I have an inverter which am using with a 150AH battery. Though the battery is now spoilt, can I use my normal inverter for this and if yes will it affects its efficiency?

can I use my normal inverter to charge it too and if am using ma inverter what should I expect as in charging and discharging time?

Yes you can use it Sir. It won't affect its effiency also for the charging, once the battery type is mentioned as part of the batteries it can charge, you are good to go
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by timtrader(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
generalstingz:

You can always try out something you think will work but be careful about polarity.

I tried this red and black cable used for connecting speakers kind off. I tapped one end to ups and the other end to battery anderson cable head, red to red, black to black. It didn't produce power on ups back sockets, however when d cable filaments mistakenly touched each other it produced some sparks. Pls, what am I doing wrongly.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by vitality22(m): 5:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
timtrader:

I tried this red and black cable used for connecting speakers kind off. I tapped one end to ups and the other end to battery anderson cable head, red to red, black to black. It didn't produce power on ups back sockets, however when d cable filaments mistakenly touched each other it produced some sparks. Pls, what am I doing wrongly.
I have the same problem also with my APC ups. The problem should be from the ups, though am not too sure. Am really looking for an answer too

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2016
timtrader:

Ensure the UPS still supplies power then you can get a 12 AWG copper wire to do the connection. Be careful not to short-circuit the battery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Original Phone Chargers ★★★ QC3.0, PD & Fast Chargers ★★★ Nationwide Delivery / ***chipping Playstation 2 To Play Pirated Dvd Games Another Method*** / We Buy All Kinds Of Batteries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.