Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified - Technology Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified (30045 Views)

5kva Solar Inverter with 8 Solar Panels SOLD / Repair Your Schneider, Xantrex, Outback & Magnum Inverter With us. / New Month Price Drop! 1000w (1.5kva) Pure Sine Inverter With Digital Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:32am On Feb 01, 2019
Happy New Month!
Sales on!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:12am On Feb 03, 2019
Sales on!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
On sales!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
Sales on!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by jackbennie: 12:01am On Feb 15, 2019
Inverters and car batteries for sale at give away price call or whatsapp 07087924695
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2019
On sales!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 9:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Keep your orders coming!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by donblanco: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
generalstingz:
Keep your orders coming!
hello,please how much is the 42amp battery with a charger
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 10:15pm On Apr 01, 2019
donblanco:

hello,please how much is the 42amp battery with a charger

It's a 40Ah battery not 42Ah
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by donblanco: 2:28pm On Apr 02, 2019
generalstingz:

It's a 40Ah battery not 42Ah
so how much is it with the charger and can one use 2-4 of it together
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 4:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
donblanco:

so how much is it with the charger and can one use 2-4 of it together

Check my signature to contact me on price. The internal BMS does not allow the use of more than one battery at a time but if you can find your way around it.

Cheers!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Lovelynife(m): 11:47am On Apr 05, 2019
location bro and price tag
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2019
Lovelynife:
location bro and price tag
Abeokuta
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by kingofthemall: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
generalstingz:
Here is the Price list of the items required for the setup:
LiFePO4 battery with Charger: 13,000,
Used UPS- 3,000
And the Anderson cable -1500 or less because it's a little bit. scarce.
Total-17,500.
Are they still available?!?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 5:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
kingofthemall:

Are they still available?!?
Not at the prices given again though!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by olopan(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
how much the UPS please ? still 3k
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by saint2ace(m): 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2019
generalstingz:

What's the capacity available and the present price?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
olopan:
how much the UPS please ? still 3k

You can get that anywhere around. I don't sell it
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by kingofthemall: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
generalstingz:

Let's see the current price
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
kingofthemall:

Let's see the current price
Contact for that if you are interested sir!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by ewizard1: 12:25am On Apr 08, 2019
@Generalstingz

What do you think about putting a big Inverter Battery (like 12v200ah) on a UPS to use as an Inverter?

Thanks.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 6:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
ewizard1:
@Generalstingz

What do you think about putting a big Inverter Battery (like 12v200ah) on a UPS to use as an Inverter?

Thanks.

It's possible but the next challenge is how to charge the battery because the UPS is designed to charge batteries at low amps which will cause sulphation and early death of the battery. You need a smart charger for the setup

2 Likes

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
Let's go green! Let's go solar!
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 8:04pm On Apr 17, 2019
Happy to inform those that are interested in new LiFePO4 battery packs that are new!. They are now available for order.

512Wh (apprx. 40Ah) -------------------- N180,000
-768Wh (apprx. 60Ah) -------------------- N260,000
-1280Wh (apprx. 100Ah) ---------------- N380,000
Delivered straight from factory with warranty.
For more information, contact through my signature

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generationz(f): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
Wagasigiungu:

Nice one OP. I commend you for your effort in trying to be very elaborate and explicit in your tutorial. I hv some few words to add. I have been using this setup for abt 4 to 5 years nw in contrast to your 1 year usage duration. I want to acknowledge that it is very reliable and works well. However you only mentioned the good aspect. I think it's only proper you talk about some disadvantages or problems associated with the setup.

Hello
please what are the problems associated with it.
Do you still use it?
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Wagasigiungu(m): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2019
generationz:

Hello
please what are the problems associated with it.
Do you still use it?

Yes I still use it. I mainly use it to power my light bulbs, rechargeable standing fan, phones and laptop whenever any of the above needs arise. For the most part, it is stable. The best option is to use it with a 300 or 500 inverter. The ups inverter improvised set up is cheaper but not as efficient. Moreso, it may damage ur fone or laptop battery (if u use the improvised ups). You also need a good generator or nepa power supply to charge. Some use solar panels with this setup. Generally it is a good buy. I hv been using mine for about 6yrs now. No issues whatsoever. Even my kids can switch it on and off. We don't need to put on the generator in the night or midnight when we need illumination. I hv gotten more than enough value for my money.

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generationz(f): 6:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wagasigiungu:

Yes I still use it. I mainly use it to power my light bulbs, rechargeable standing fan, phones and laptop whenever any of the above needs arise. For the most part, it is stable. The best option is to use it with a 300 or 500 inverter. The ups inverter improvised set up is cheaper but not as efficient. Moreso, it may damage ur fone or laptop battery (if u use the improvised ups). You also need a good generator or nepa power supply to charge. Some use solar panels with this setup. Generally it is a good buy. I hv been using mine for about 6yrs now. No issues whatsoever. Even my kids can switch it on and off. We don't need to put on the generator in the night or midnight when we need illumination. I hv gotten more than enough value for my money.

300 watts right?

can I use tiger generator to charge it?

please can you list the complete set you use ie battery, inverter etc.

how much is the inverter ?

And how long does it last at night while charging phone at night ?

I intend making more than one also.

Thanks.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by generalstingz(m): 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wagasigiungu:

Thank you for your contribution
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:28pm On Apr 26, 2019
generalstingz:

Thank you for your contribution

Uwc sir. Those batteries are beasts. If I can get them, I will definitely buy more. I used same during my service year. See otondos just dey feel me. My room always stood out- no nepa downtime. Connected to the LED bulb and my devices, I was always busy using my laptop phones.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:45pm On Apr 26, 2019
generationz:

300 watts right?

Thanks.

Yes 300 Watts inverter. I got the 500watt inverter over a year ago at 8k each. I bought two since I hv 2 batteries. One is permanently connected to the entire house. I wired the house ( 2 bedroom flat) with bulbs supplying the sitting room and kitchen, both rooms (4 bulbs in all). The illumination no get part two. You no go know say no nepa light except for the TV we don't put on. My kids can just switch on the inverter with the pressing of a switch; eazy peazy!!! We go days using such setup to illuminate the house. It is most useful and offers ease of use during the nights, midnights, cold season, rainy season etc when you don't hv much need for fans.

The other set up is my mobile pack. I packaged it in a laptop bag (not the backpack type). I use it outside the home or at home when the need arises. It is what I use to power my rechargeable fan throughout the night and during hot afternoons or when the kids are restless due to heat while sleeping in the afternoon or at night. Hence we don't hv need for putting on the generator at night. I can go more than 2 nights using it this way. I also power my laptop with it whenever I need to work for long hours or watching movies or series. You can use it for over 24 hrs. I don't really remember ever exhausting the charge while using it with my laptop. I am a heavy user by all standards. Some evn say I am addicted to my laptop. I run it overnight occasionally when I hv downloads to make. I just queue them up in IDM. Lolz.

It's a wonderful set up. I hv enjoyed more than my moneys worth.

Now for the price. I was a dealer back in the days. I used to sell them. Was about 7k or so then. I had lots. Even gave out some to my family members. Personally reserved about 8 for myself. But I don dash most out. Now I hv 2 left.

Over all these years, I hv only had cause to dispose of only 1 battery. Some of the cells were swollen. Despite that it was still functional. I decided to dispose of it cos I wanted safety for my family. I feared it could explode of cause some problems, so I had to discard it. (In retrospect, I could still hv used some of the functional cells for mobile power bank batteries or even cordless power drill batteries.) I deduced that this happened becos I was over charging it. It was the one I used during my service year. It was always permanently connected to Nepa. I never ever bothered to disconnect it even when it is fully charged. I usually left it connected at home and went to work. However I hv had cause to replace the capacitors of the chargers like 3 or 4 times over the years. This was mostly done free of charge by a technician friend. It isn't too expensive.

If na phone you wan use am charge, u no need to fear anything. You can literally go almost a week on the battery juice. When we had issues with nepa power supply at work, I took my mobile pack to the office. It was serving virtually the entire office workforce without any hitch. We are talking of over 20 phones some having more than one phone (typical Nigerian man. Lolz). The battery never got depleted during such use.

Na my small experience I share so.

3 Likes

Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by Wagasigiungu(m): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2019
generationz:

300 watts right?

Thanks.

I forgot ur other question. I wouldn't advice you charge it with I pass my neighbour generator set. I donated one set up with improvised ups inverter to my neighbourhood mosque. They repeatedly spoilt the charger /capacitor cos they were using such gen to charge the battery despite my warnings against doing such. That gen is prone to voltage fluctuations. They were using it until it got stolen eventually. Fear human beings. Even prayer houses aren't spared by thieves.
Re: How To Setup An Inverter With Less Than 20k using Lithium-2016 (D.I.Y) Modified by MoonWater: 7:59pm On Apr 26, 2019
Is this meant to be an inverter or a UPS

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

***chipping Playstation 2 To Play Pirated Dvd Games Another Method*** / We Buy All Kinds Of Batteries / USA Used Probook 6730b For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.