Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) (42335 Views)

Lady Caught With A Vibrator Lied To Her Mom That It Is A Massager (photos) / "Marry Her Or Go To Jail For 50years" Which Are You Picking? Twitter Thread / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by vision202020: 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
You can continue to be lying if you plan to settle down with her. You hust have to tell her the truth and the truth will set u free. Just organise a date with her and tell her the truth.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by ayusco85(m): 10:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
bros i have thought about this too but nothing to back the NYSC issue up. My NYSC was at Kwara state not FCT. She had no idea I was in Kwara all the time I was serving and our communication was great.

You can lie for Africa. I bet u ve lying disease. Hw can u lie abt whr u served for a year? Are u barney Stinsons protégé? Fear God with this Ur lying disease o.

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
I have been a guest on nairaland for 4 years. This is my first topic here. PLEASE DO NOT READ WITHOUT GIVING YOUR COMMENT, THANKS.

In December 2014, I met this beautiful woman while I was enjoying the xmas and new year festivals with my parents in Ibadan. She is schooling here but lives in Ogun state. I never thought we could go far, so I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I was serving at the time and I told her I was serving at Abuja instead of Kwara state. After my NYSC I told her I have settled down in Abuja instead of Oyo state. I have a well-paid job and live comfortably but everything is in Oyo state and not FCT. I didn’t want her to know I am living nearby because I didn’t see a future with her at the time. She didn’t appear to me as a good girl when we met, I thought she was a runs girl but now I know I was wrong, she is even more innocent than me and she gets all I crave for in a lady. Well, I picked her up by the roadside but I didn’t get to sleep with her but we became friends and she still thinks I served, live and work in FCT. We usually see when there is a festivity or holiday like easter, xmas etc. under the pretext that I came to celebrate with my parents. Anyways, I want to propose to her now. I don’t know how to tell her the truth because we are now in love and I do not want to lose her. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS WITHOUT LOSING HER.

Very simple. Build up a relocation story, get her involved in the abstract relocation (emotionally not physically).
Once all is said and done, you propose to her!!!!!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by jessykings(f): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
sis pls save a bro. if u were in her shoe how would u feel?
I think telling her the truth from d beggining is d best option here. Lieing to her to cover your previous lies will only make things worse if she eventually finds out (dat is if she doesn't know already). For instance,if u eventually get married and one day she comes across ur NYSC discharge certificate or she gets to know abt d whole thing from someone else; that will hurt her even more. Just right ur wrongs by coming out with the whole truth and the reason for keeping the truth from her. Of course she'll be upset at first or even end d relationship buh then , u'll have to give her time n keep apologizing until she comes round.If u both are meant to be, she'll surely forgive u buh if she doesn't, just move on with ur life. Goodluck to u
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Bamjazzy(m): 11:03pm On Jul 05, 2016
@op you made me drop my fone to pick up my system to lecture you
RULE 1: Never tell a lady 100% truth about yourself( your salary scale, how many days you wear your boxer)
RULE 2: Relationship is mostly based on understanding not love.

Let her know you served in abuja but you were transferred to kwara, tell her you spent 60% of your serving days in kwara and 40% in abj but due to flow in communication and your busy schedule you decided to see her during festive period.sometime in life after marriage you can know tell her the real truth. NOTE: it adviceable to you tell after having 1st round of s**, let the atmosphere be a loving one if possible play some L.richie track.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by LFJ: 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
Let Nairaland safe you from all the agony of story telling. Just show her this page and make sure she reads it through. After that tell her that this is a true confession from somebody that sincerely loves her.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by preselect(m): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
[size=14pt]dude better tell her another lie and get the marriage going. some women can't stand the truth. don't make the mistake I made. I went about telling those girls the truth, based on my upbringing never to lie, my mother never told me that I need a little lie here and there to get the girl I want and to keep her for me, i went about telling them the truth, and these girls ask a million questions, be like job interview, I kept being honest. I lost all of them, the only girl I dated, i had to sit down for 3 good days, developed an intensive educated lie, plotted an algorithm for the lie, refined the lie and practiced it for one week. but you know, i am a very bad liar, i couldn't even deliver the lie, bc lying is something i'm just not used to, so it was obvious that i was lying. she knew instantly that i was lying, she even caught me red handed on one occassion. . . . i kept lying anyway, guess what, she stayed.

these people love lies cheesy

yet somehow they say they want honest men.
ever wondered why the bad guys get the best girls?[/size]

#BuhariIsABigLiarToo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by mimiejacobz(f): 11:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
introduce her to nairaland and direct her to this thread, I guess ur sincerity here will make her know you are remorseful about the whole thing n then u guys tlk d rest out at least u won't be finding more difficult words to say again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by vidadida: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
You met her in Dec. '14 and till today July 5 2016 she hasn't been able to figure out u ain't in fct? Haba

Bro why do u wanna marry a dummy?

Anyway no need telling her the truth since she's either too dvll to figure it out or actually playing dvll to deceive you.

In either case just inform her you've been transferred to ibadan or just got a job in i.b so you moving back fully.
That will do the trick.

You cannot confess and propose at the same time, it's creepy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by shewa88(f): 11:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
[left][/left]
engrjoseph208:
I have been a guest on nairaland for 4 years. This is my first topic here. PLEASE DO NOT READ WITHOUT GIVING YOUR COMMENT, THANKS.

In December 2014, I met this beautiful woman while I was enjoying the xmas and new year festivals with my parents in Ibadan. She is schooling here but lives in Ogun state. I never thought we could go far, so I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I was serving at the time and I told her I was serving at Abuja instead of Kwara state. After my NYSC I told her I have settled down in Abuja instead of Oyo state. I have a well-paid job and live comfortably but everything is in Oyo state and not FCT. I didn’t want her to know I am living nearby because I didn’t see a future with her at the time. She didn’t appear to me as a good girl when we met, I thought she was a runs girl but now I know I was wrong, she is even more innocent than me and she gets all I crave for in a lady. Well, I picked her up by the roadside but I didn’t get to sleep with her but we became friends and she still thinks I served, live and work in FCT. We usually see when there is a festivity or holiday like easter, xmas etc. under the pretext that I came to celebrate with my parents. Anyways, I want to propose to her now. I don’t know how to tell her the truth because we are now in love and I do not want to lose her. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS WITHOUT LOSING HER.
engrjoseph208:

engrjoseph208:

Just tell her
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
Look for a condusive environment and good time to bring up this issue with her. Make sure she is in a good mood when u about bringing this up tho. Then tell her everything. I think it is wise if she knows about everything. Before taking the next step. Don't get take the next step with these lies. It's gonna hurt u both in the future
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Lamor(f): 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
thanks sister, but what about her friends and others she might have told about us, how would they handle it? if u were her friend and she has told u a different story before, how would u relate to the truth now? thanks.
The problem I see here is you,you worry too much over nothing.This thing is so simple,you are the one making it hard for yourself.Tell her you are sorry,dt u neva tot ur rship would lead you anywhere.Now that you are sure of wat u feel for her,u want to set the records straight.Tell her how much you love her.Make her understand u feel her hurts bt u neva gonna let go of her.Tell her to take her time to forgive you,dt you'll be right there waiting for her.Just assure her of wat u claim you feel for her and you'll be surprised she may forgive you dt instance.And if she is too hurt to do so,give her time bt never be out of her reach.Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by SpecialStar(m): 12:02am On Jul 06, 2016
Bro just tell her the truth and if you can't, tell her that you've been transferred to Oyo. Buh you're O.Y.O
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by oyetpel(m): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Bro, like someone said. With all your chats and calls, and she hasn't suspect or decode that you no be an Abuja citizen. Shey no be say na dummy u wan put for house? Another thing, wetin no make u chop the b!tch??
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Shubbylee(m): 12:08am On Jul 06, 2016
saintdennis:
You met her in Dec. '14 and till today July 5 2016 she hasn't been able to figure out u ain't in fct? Haba

Bro why do u wanna marry a dummy?

Anyway no need telling her the truth since she's either too dvll to figure it out or actually playing dvll to deceive you.

In either case just inform her you've been transferred to ibadan or just got a job in i.b so you moving back fully.
That will do the trick.

Lmaoooo!! Bros U're just a mean áss mótherfúcker haba! But small truth dey there sha.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by fitinwell: 12:08am On Jul 06, 2016
[size=18pt]Op fork her so bad and deep... And later make your confession grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Twallace: 12:19am On Jul 06, 2016
Give her 1 million and tell her the truth. She won't even remember you lied in the first place

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by shankie: 12:22am On Jul 06, 2016
[/color][color=#770077]OP first knw dat maturity. is d ability not to lie and not to say the truth, since av lied to her from start, i think the only thing to do that can save ir relationship and still earn her trust is to tell her u got transfer to oyo state because u are plannin to settle down and u dont wanna settle down in d north, dat why u decide to come home so can av better time with her and about ur service forget that, dont even talk abt it dat one is gone face the present and if u succeed in convicing her try to be truthful and straight forward hence forth.
Remember ability not to lie and not to say d truth is wht we call maturityOP first knw dat maturity. is d ability not to lie and not to say the truth, since av lied to her from start, i think the only thing to do that can save ir relationship and still earn her trust is to tell her u got transfer to oyo state because u are plannin to settle down and u dont wanna settle down in d north, dat why u decide to come home so can av better time with her and about ur service forget that, dont even talk abt it dat one is gone face the present and if u succeed in convicing her try to be truthful and straight forward hence forth.
Remember ability not to lie and not to say d truth is wht we call maturity
OP first knw dat maturity. is d ability not to lie and not to say the truth, since av lied to her from start, i think the only thing to do that can save ir relationship and still earn her trust is to tell her u got transfer to oyo state because u are plannin to settle down and u dont wanna settle down in d north, dat why u decide to come home so can av better time with her and about ur service forget that, dont even talk abt it dat one is gone face the present and if u succeed in convicing her try to be truthful and straight forward hence forth.
Remember ability not to lie and not to say d truth is wht we call maturity
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 06, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
What makes you think she's not forming in d 1st place. Girl see you carry car to pick her up, nysc level for that matter. Which gal no go think say opportunity for marriage don show so make I behave like wify material? Guy do more testing

However if ur testing don sure, then its simple. Plan a time out with her as in take her out. When u come back, start d talk gradually till all her attention is gotten

Go like .."When I met u and picked you up what did u think I had in mind?" Or what kinda man dyu think would pick you up at such a nite time?" You'll be suprised at d response. She probably might know u have such in mind but taking time to also watch you closely.

And if she dosent, just confess to her that u had a playboy intension but she made u fall in love like d-banj
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 06, 2016
Vikings007:
U can either continue lying, tell her You got transferred back to Your present location grin or You man up & tell her the truth & why You had to lie in the first place shocked

I don't think it's good starting a serious relationship based on lies anyway...because surely one day she will find out.

Good luck.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by shankie: 12:29am On Jul 06, 2016
oyetpel:
Bro, like someone said. With all your chats and calls, and she hasn't suspect or decode that you no be an Abuja citizen. Shey no be say na dummy u wan put for house? Another thing, wetin no make u chop the b!tch??

oyetpel:

oyetpel:
she is nt a dummy we are good at keepin secret and deceiving than ourself, since am capable of such and d girl will not find out no matrer how smart u think u are, i beleive d girl is nt dummy, bt Op is just gud at covering his tracks
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by babychi85: 1:06am On Jul 06, 2016
Tell her the truth and beg for her forgiveness. Make sure you don't tell her lies again, you need to build the trust again. Good luck
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by sam2dok2020: 1:32am On Jul 06, 2016
Bro, u went too far with the lies, for no good reason, u have to amend the foundation of lies by telling her the truth, though she might leave u but it's worst if u continue with the lie till marriage, she will never forgive u in marriage.

Wait for a good period that calls for confession, then arrange a date in an exclusive hangout, dress bigger than usual, she may think u want to propose, tell her the whole truth. Some girls understands that people change, but if she don't, u move on with your life and blame ur self only.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by mryemite(m): 1:48am On Jul 06, 2016
Take courage bro and confess. It is Well.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by kelspascal(m): 2:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Come lets lay hands on you....receive sense....tell her you've been transferred back to IB or tell the real truth.....Goodluck
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by sbabimbola(f): 2:41am On Jul 06, 2016
engrjoseph208:

I

Tell her the truth please before it's too late!

Na so my ex lied to me that his birth certificate got burnt and he's not sure of his age..... up until I had to help him send his CV to a firm and it became evident he had the certificate all the way.

The eldest sister was the one who later on embarrassed me publicly that I was older than him.....

See, lies don't help relationships..... it only breaks and mar it!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by sbabimbola(f): 2:43am On Jul 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Very simple. Build up a relocation story, get her involved in the abstract relocation (emotionally not physically).
Once all is said and done, you propose to her!!!!!

Bros you can lie oooo.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by sbabimbola(f): 2:45am On Jul 06, 2016
Bamjazzy:
@op you made me drop my fone to pick up my system to lecture you
RULE 1: Never tell a lady 100% truth about yourself( your salary scale, how many days you wear your boxer)
RULE 2: Relationship is mostly based on understanding not love.

Let her know you served in abuja but you were transferred to kwara, tell her you spent 60% of your serving days in kwara and 40% in abj but due to flow in communication and your busy schedule you decided to see her during festive period.sometime in life after marriage you can know tell her the real truth. NOTE: it adviceable to you tell after having 1st round of s**, let the atmosphere be a loving one if possible play some L.richie track.

See advise ooooo!

I fear for all single and searching ladies ooo!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Lexusgs430: 3:29am On Jul 06, 2016
sbabimbola:

Bros you can lie oooo.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Madam, when you want to catch a monkey, unfortunately to be successful in the catch, you have to climb trees!!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 06, 2016
tell her u were transferred to Oyo period
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by BluStreak(m): 5:43am On Jul 06, 2016
I don't see any issue here to worry your heads. Tell her the plain truth as it is. At the initial stage of the affair, you were out to chop and clean mouth and had to lie you live in Abuja to create an illusion of distance. Your main reason being to avoid frequent visits or interference from your daily parole. But as it stands now, you have fallen head-over-heals in love with her and must at this point come out straight because you want to take the relationship to the next level.

If she really is in love with you and not the prospect of living in Abuja, she won't bath an eyelid. Best of luck man.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Pilotman(m): 6:01am On Jul 06, 2016
ebbybest:
This is how it should Go....
Take her out with the ring in ur pockets, have fun eat, drink and laugh together.
Then you start this way-----
Baby there is sumtine i have been meaning to tell you. I have been keeping it away from you but i think its the right time to tell you. But what ever it is that am gonna tell you, please find a place in your heart to forgive me. I love you and i mean it each and every time i tell you i love you.
I have always lied to you about my self. The truth is i never served in abuja, was never living in abuja and am nt working in abuja. I work in Uyo no abuja. I lied to you because i never knew we are gonna be this close to each other. I lied to you because i thought our relationship was gonna lead to no where. But i was wrong. Now i have realized that am wrong, i have realized that i you are my source of joy.
Then you kneel and say Please my Love am sorry. You are my perfect half.
Then you bring out the ring and propose to her.....

Thank me letter.

wonderful lines sis, but I don't think proposing same day is a good idea. It seems to me like manipulation- not allowing her to think, forgive & make up her mind.

Guy, tell her the whole truth, see her reaction towards you after that, then propose when you are convince she has forgiven you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Colourful Igbo Traditional Wedding In Canada: Pictures & Video / My Babe Is Prettier Than Most Instagram Babes. But She Hates The Camera / A Cheating Wife Seeks Advice On What To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.