Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) (7088 Views)

Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday / Wounded Soldiers Celebrate Eid-El-Fitri In Borno (Photos) / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by oluwatosin400: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2016

– Eid-ul-Fitr is an annual event which marks the end of the 29 0r 30 days Ramadan fast by Muslims all over the world

– Senate president Bukola Saraki has sent a message to the Muslims around the country

– He urged all Nigerians to remain steadfast and prayerful in the face of daunting socio-economic challenges

President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has urged Muslim faithful in the country to sustain the values and virtues which the holy month of Ramadan taught them in their day-to-day relationship with God and fellow human beings.

Saraki in a statement by his Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Yusuph Olaniyonu in Abuja, in commemoration of this year’s Eid-el-Fitri also urged all Nigerians to remain steadfast and prayerful in the face of daunting socio-economic challenges.

He said that the present challenges are surmountable “if we all realign our character and deeds in tune with the wishes of Allah”.

He stated that the country can only regain its lost glory when the citizenry uphold the virtues of good neighborliness and eschew intolerance of other people’s opinion, corruption, abuse of power, disregard for due process and disobedience to the laws of the land.

“I urge all Nigerians, across religious divide, to remain steadfast, prayerful and patriotic . The virtues of moderation, piety, regular supplication to Allah and being our brother’s keeper should subsist beyond the Ramadan. Beyond this, every Nigerian should seek to contribute to rebuilding the nation with renewed vigour.

“I also urge Boko Haram insurgents and other agents of destabilization across the country to retrace their steps and give peace a chance in the spirit of the Eid-el-fitri.

“Again, Nigerians who nurse one grudge or the other against the state should seek for legitimate and peaceful means of expressing their grievances so that it will be possible for their position to be better understood and addressed through constructive dialogue.

“Similarly, let us all refrain from using violence to express our stand on issues. Violence only destroy, it does not build. Let us also shun greed and other vices capable of undermining the socio-political growth of our dear nation,” he said.

Eid el-Fitr, is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting.

https://www.naij.com/881744-read-sarakis-message-muslims-country.html

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by chimoskyg(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2016
Who see the moon

FTC on a row

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Flexherbal(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
A Good speech!
I did not say, a good man.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Isoni(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2016
Picture of the moon or ADONBILIVIT!

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Proffdada: 8:11am On Jul 06, 2016
[b]The sighting of the moon was Inconclusive
-INEC

The sighting of the moon has been adjourned till tomorrow
-Abuja High Court

The sighting of the moon was not altered, a committee will be set-up to be headed by Sen. David Mark (Chairman Senate committee on Observation)
-Senate

The moon has already been sighted tomorrow
-Lai Mohammed

The anomally in the crescentic illumna of the moon in the atmospheric galaxy is tantamount to more crinkum crankum & hoola-baloo
-Patrick Obahiagbon

The APC was the cause of the moon not sighted in Nigeria
-Fayose

We will create another moon for Nigerians
-APC

Due to none sighting of the Moon, the Board of the Ulamas has been dissolved.
-Presidency

We blew up the moon and we will blow up more moons
-Niger Delta Avengers

We are responsible for the absence of the moon in the sky
-Boko Haram

Those responsible for the missing moon will soon be apprehended and charged accordingly. We have evidence.
-EFCC

We dont want to sight the Moon
-Biafrans

We know where the moon is but we dont want to say.
-The US govt.[/b]

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by rummeh: 8:14am On Jul 06, 2016
Saraki...
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by nintal(m): 8:14am On Jul 06, 2016
The rich also cry. How far with your issue?

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by blackpanda: 8:15am On Jul 06, 2016
I didnt read any of the speech cos I dont like saraki. I dont like thieves and criminals, especially when the employ deception to cover their true nature

9 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by mryemite(m): 8:15am On Jul 06, 2016
Good words. if they shall make use of it. (doers if the word and not hearer alone.)
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by xpat1: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
president of the senate so much huddles to climb
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by ruffDiamond: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2016
criminal sinator crookola sarathief set dey form saint anobi dey even send one ,kain message sad

5 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by hab1612(m): 8:18am On Jul 06, 2016
[/color]“I also urge Boko Haram insurgents and other agents of destabilization across the country to retrace their steps and give peace a chance in the spirit of the Eid-el-fitri"[color=#000099]

Mr. Senate President
it's not only in the spirit of eid fitri, it should be always n every time, they should give peace a chance.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Uyi168: 8:21am On Jul 06, 2016
Jonathan govt should be blame for d inability to siqht the moon-buhari the siqhting of the moon was inconclusive-INEC..
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by general111(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2016
Is it that Thursday is also a public holiday??somebody pls help me with an answer.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by dahunsy(f): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Coughs*** clears throat# .....who saraki epp?? Instead of empowering the youths with his stolen fund...na lie! He prefer to hide them in his bedroom.....i hope ilorin or afonja warriors wouldnt call for my ban this time

2 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 06, 2016
Better than the president's write up
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by kennynelcon(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
Senate President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Your breed is 1 in a million.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by duality(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2016
A better press release than that of Buhari.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by kolado(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2016
A thief showcasing himself as a saint. Only in Nigeria we see thieves being celebrated like xmas.

4 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Badtman(m): 8:45am On Jul 06, 2016
duality:
A better press release than that of Buhari.
i swear you have momentum prob

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Nathkem01(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2016
To all my muslim friends....... If u na like see moon, if u like no see am Today today we must chop that #agbo I don dey file ma stomach since u na start fasting We suppose start eating and since yesterday.... Today I no go gree....... #Agbo must die today oo
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by yimikaa: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Saraki is a disgrace to Nigerians. He is the president of the senate, just 108 senators minus him.

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by jozee8: 8:56am On Jul 06, 2016
does this guy thinks he is running a parallel government?

3 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by tomakint: 9:04am On Jul 06, 2016
jozee8:
does this guy thinks he is running a parallel government?
You got the whole gist.....that dude is really diabolical and unnecessarily incorrigible. I wondered what message he is trying to pass across despite his heinous crime against humanity.

7 Likes

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by eddyslim(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2016
Nice one Saraki
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by kennerom(m): 9:12am On Jul 06, 2016
Barka da Salah to all our muslim brothers in the world.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by tonykel1(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2016
The nucleus of the whole message is........................He stated that the country can only regain its lost glory when the citizenry uphold the virtues of good neighborliness and eschew intolerance of other people’s opinion, corruption, abuse of power, disregard for due process and disobedience to the laws of the land.[b][/b][i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by Abeyjide: 9:31am On Jul 06, 2016
he ran for rain of stones in ilorin

1 Like

Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by TheFreeOne: 9:32am On Jul 06, 2016
Loaded and Coded message.

Happy Eid-ul-Fitr to our muslim brothers and sisters.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by richylee(m): 9:38am On Jul 06, 2016
blackpanda:
I didnt read any of the speech cos I dont like saraki. I dont like thieves and criminals, especially when the employ deception to cover their true nature
if Saraki is a thief, then who is the saint? They are all thief. #NigeriaPolitician.
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by tomakint: 9:42am On Jul 06, 2016
tonykel1:
The nucleus of the whole message is........................He stated that the country can only regain its lost glory when the citizenry uphold the virtues of good neighborliness and eschew intolerance of other people’s opinion, corruption, abuse of power, disregard for due process and disobedience to the laws of the land.[b][/b][i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Who cares undecided
Re: Saraki’s Eid-el-fitri Message To Nigerian Muslims (READ) by snoopdg(m): 10:17am On Jul 06, 2016
Must these politicians send speeches to the nation during any festive season?
please must they?

Saraki didn't give this speech, his media person did it, but it's all sham.

Why do they come out to tell us how to live right when their lives are sheer shame and apologies?

Can he saraki pass this same message to his family?

The narrative of the message and the man behind it bears no conjecture same goes for a good number of our political class. They should stop to litter the media space with such messages that they don't practice.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Niger Republic President Campaign Vehicle That Got People Talking / 15 Planes Land In Abuja Despite lockdown- Kemi Olunloyo / See The Faces Of APC Team That Wanted To Take Over Anambra State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.