Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. (857 Views)

Ndigbo, Let Us Talk About Nnamdi Kanu / Ibos, Ikwerre And Elechi Amadi / Ndigbo Let's Bargain With What We Have. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by Zonacom(m): 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
I'm typing this in response to the below thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3197613/ibos-ikwerre-elechi-amadi
and other similar ones that have been trending for sometime now in this forum. Sometimes i wonder why some igbos are hell bent on getting the Ikwerre people and some other tribes of the so called South-south region of Nigeria to accept that they are Igbo whether partially or completely.
Since the youths and even some elders of some these tribes have come out openly to reject being Igbo, then lets let them be for God's sake. This whole thing is already becoming messy and embarrassing. We can't force anybody to identify with something he doesn't want to identify with. Even if Igbo land starts and ends only in the 5 south eastern states, i think we should be very contented and proud of ourselves cos peeps from that region have achieved a lot and are still setting the pace in many facets of human endeavor not just in Nigeria, but the world over.

After reading the Concubine, a novel by the late Elechi Amadi, i learnt a lot about the igbo culture and even thought the Author was igbo until i read in some of his interviews where he sort of distanced his people from the igbos. Sunday Oliseh also said he isn't igbo at a popular talk show some months back. The funny thing was that when he fumbled during his short stint as Super Eagles coach, i could remember some of my neiggbours here in Jos called him "wawa yanmiri" ( foolish igbo). So the whole thing is funny but lets let them be.

If they are not igbo, so be it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
God bless u!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by Zonacom(m): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
God bless u!
Amen. And you too bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by rhymaster: 11:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Seems like the case of the fox that tried so hard to pluck apples from a tree. After failing so many times, bruising its nose, banging his head; he finally says who wants the apples sef? Is it not the maggot infested apples? I don't want, I am better off without the damned apples.

Mister poster, Ibos have tried and done everything to claim almost and every part of Nigeria since 1967. After mass failures and that your lies get busted all the time, you seem to be giving up. The problem now is even if Ibos faced their front and land squarely, all Nigerians (ikwerre, Ijaws, etc) are just too now aware and will think this is subterfuge! Chai, the reward of dishonesty and lies now make it impossible to make any position and be believed by anyone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by brize(m): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
YORUBA THREAD. Comment/argue with them at your own peril

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by MXrep: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2016
They are the ones to leave igbo alone. They should leave our name, language and culture alone. What else define an ethnic group than these?
Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by madenigga(m): 12:09am On Jul 06, 2016
brize:
YORUBA THREAD. Comment/argue with them at your own peril
I swear u be better mumu.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by madenigga(m): 12:10am On Jul 06, 2016
igbos hv time sha
Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by lacasera14(m): 12:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Ehm Bartender pls give Op a bottle of champagne.
Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:54am On Jul 06, 2016
MXrep:
They are the ones to leave igbo alone. They should leave our name, language and culture alone. What else define an ethnic group than these?
some parts of itsekiri bear Yoruba names. Are Itsekiri yoruba? Some parts of Edo bear yoruba names and similar culture with yoruba, Is Edo Yoruba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo, Let's Leave Ikwerre And Others Alone. by Nkem4040: 7:08am On Jul 06, 2016
Zonacom:
[s]I'm typing this in response to the below thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3197613/ibos-ikwerre-elechi-amadi
and other similar ones that have been trending for sometime now in this forum. Sometimes i wonder why some igbos are hell bent on getting the Ikwerre people and some other tribes of the so called South-south region of Nigeria to accept that they are Igbo whether partially or completely.
Since the youths and even some elders of some these tribes have come out openly to reject being Igbo, then lets let them be for God's sake. This whole thing is already becoming messy and embarrassing. We can't force anybody to identify with something he doesn't want to identify with. Even if Igbo land starts and ends only in the 5 south eastern states, i think we should be very contented and proud of ourselves cos peeps from that region have achieved a lot and are still setting the pace in many facets of human endeavor not just in Nigeria, but the world over.

After reading the Concubine, a novel by the late Elechi Amadi, i learnt a lot about the igbo culture and even thought the Author was igbo until i read in some of his interviews where he sort of distanced his people from the igbos. Sunday Oliseh also said he isn't igbo at a popular talk show some months back. The funny thing was that when he fumbled during his short stint as Super Eagles coach, i could remember some of my neiggbours here in Jos called him "wawa yanmiri" ( foolish igbo). So the whole thing is funny but lets let them be.

If they are not igbo, so be it.[/s]

Yoruba again pretending to be Igbo...well packaged gist to pit Igbos against Ikwerre. It's in their DNA like glucose. This agent provacateur yoruba opened this account since 2013 pretending to be Igbo. IGBOS...DON'T BE FOOLED. I know this people very well!

I opened this thread because of them
https://www.nairaland.com/3204765/yoruba...stop-dividing-us-yoruba-say...stop

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Video Footage Shows How Obanikoro Loaded Plane With ₦1.29b / Will Nigerian Certificates Be Valid After Breakup? / VIDEO: We Didn't Eat For 3 Days-nigeria Relay Team @ IAAF World U20 Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.