Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? (2105 Views)

What Are The Career Opportunities For A Nutrition And Dietetics Graduate / Interested In Studying In Federal Uni. Otuoke? APPLY NOW. Deadline Closes In... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? by gwinfyoung(m): 11:39pm On Jul 05, 2016
hello nairalanders
I am really in dire need your professional counsel. I was previously studying pharmacy b4 I was withdrawn due to academic incompetence. I have gotten over the shock and have decided to move forward with my new course of study which is nutrition and dietetics admist pressure form my dad telling me to write jamb again and still go back to pharmacy. His reason being that pharmacy is a professional course and one can stand on his own.
I am currently in 300 level and i am doing my Industrial Training at the moment but to be really sincere, i am not really motivated about the course because I can't really get a clear picture about my future with the course. it is not a self employable course coupled with the Nigerian 'no jobs' problem in the country presently, how do I cope after finishing school.
I really need your counsel as to how i can make it big with the course, how i can be an employer of labour with the course so i can start channeling my mind towards it. I still believe I can make it without necessarily going back to write another jamb and putting another course. My fellow nairalanders, I really solicit for your wise counsels. All your useful suggestions are highly welcomed.

Re: Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? by TITOBIGZ(m): 12:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Don't worry,JESUS is in Control
Re: Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? by gwinfyoung(m): 7:27pm On Jul 06, 2016
TITOBIGZ:
Don't worry,JESUS is in Control
yeah, I know. I just need ideas on where to channel my focus. Any professional in these field should pls help me out with advise. thanks
Re: Are There Any Prospects In Studying Nutrition And Dietetics? by Saintdriss: 11:06am On Jan 04, 2017
gwinfyoung:
hello nairalanders
I am really in dire need your professional counsel. I was previously studying pharmacy b4 I was withdrawn due to academic incompetence. I have gotten over the shock and have decided to move forward with my new course of study which is nutrition and dietetics admist pressure form my dad telling me to write jamb again and still go back to pharmacy. His reason being that pharmacy is a professional course and one can stand on his own.
I am currently in 300 level and i am doing my Industrial Training at the moment but to be really sincere, i am not really motivated about the course because I can't really get a clear picture about my future with the course. it is not a self employable course coupled with the Nigerian 'no jobs' problem in the country presently, how do I cope after finishing school.
I really need your counsel as to how i can make it big with the course, how i can be an employer of labour with the course so i can start channeling my mind towards it. I still believe I can make it without necessarily going back to write another jamb and putting another course. My fellow nairalanders, I really solicit for your wise counsels. All your useful suggestions are highly welcomed.

I had to create an account Cox of your plight . Sorry about that ,I know how it feels to start over ...But I must tell you it is not totally a bad thing....Here are my opinion. Why Nutrition and dietetics? Do you have interest in food, diet and healthy lifestyle. If you do , you are on right path , note that it is a professional course likewise , tho Nigeria just woke to that couple of years . I am on same path , almost similar plight but I am clean and clear about my future as a dietitian. Hope my response was helpful.

(1) (Reply)

How To Study Abroad Via Vantage Migration / PMP Exam Is Back In Nigeria / Youth Africa Leadership Initiative YALI Free Online Network Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.