Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:02 AM

Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers (20293 Views)

NNPC Confirms Sack Of Officials, Says Replacements To Be Announced Soon / Confusion Trails Arrest Of N’delta Militants By Military / $200billion Loot In Dubai:EFCC Trails 7 Ex-Governors,6 Ex-Ministers,5 PDP Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by mamaafrik(m): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2016
The north seems to use all the swords and dagger at their disposal,whenever they see that they are at disadvantage they SHOUT FEDERAL XRACTER,and when local government edge favours them they change the statuo quo,You all southerners and southern representatives that fail(ed)(s) to do that which is right to put southern NIGERIA forward be it SE,SW and SS now listen "ofo lomi agbon ma n se ,ofo,lojo keji, oja,ofo leese. #operationstartsendingwakeupsmstoyourrep.andsenators.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by DrTims(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Nigeria is a fycked country. May God help us
Amen...shocked angry
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
bonechamberlain:
angry ... The Nigeria civil and public service is the only way the a greater part of the north can get employment as they can't compete with an intelligent south in private firms. They flood their kit and kins into the civil and public service. Under gej recruitment was done in customs, immigration, and co, but the northerners came into power and said it was fraudulent cause it wasn't flooded with northerners, canceled the recruitment and did theirs. Under buhari shady recruitment have been done in almost all government parastatals, no one knows how this is carried out.

At the end when ever Nigeria moves two steps forward when ruled by a southerner, a northern bigot comes in and takes us 10 steps backwards, by flooding the civil and public service with people who can't compete in any job recruitment in a civilized setting. If buhari thinks they can get away with all these then they are joking because a southern president would one day be in power and cancel all these illegal sacking and recruitment and put qualified people. At the end Nigeria would suffer because this endless cycle of nepotistic sacking and recruitment wouldn't take the country anywhere.

And the southern senators where are they, useless bunch of humans who are only concerned about themselvesangry

Nigeria cannot continue to spoon feed the northerners. This people aren't prepared to live in a modernized and civilized world.
Lamentation,huh.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
may God punish all the moderators in every section of nairaland. what's the essence of me confirming if I'm a Muslim before I can make comments or quote someone when the Muslims can say rubbish on any other religious thread at will? Nairaland is discriminatory and full of Islamic bigots who are in no way better than the talibans. Muslims always claim to be your friend but full of evil within. may allahu scatter Nigeria and break us from these evil hypocrites sharing the same nation with us.
moderators, you are free to ban me forever and ever.
rubbish!
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
Keneking:
It has to be reviewed equally using the base as created by the constitution.

Share by local govt

That is exactly what was done. All I see is people being sour about not having the political or logical capacity to win their argument fairly.

The only way the South can have anything near an equal number of officers as the North of the 7500 is for the number to be stared among all the 6 regions equally and then select from that quota.

The model adopted is the only way all ethnic nationalities within Nigeria can be represented. There is a wicked attitude by some idiots from the South whose selfish unpatriotic actions disenfranchised the many minority tribes within the North. This model adopted by the NPF is that what allows the current IGP a nupe man to attained rank within the NPF already suffocated by the competition between the Yoruba Igbo Hausa and Fulani.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
yrret:
Police recruitment is now left pending.

If local government policy is used, meaning the northerners will dominate, since they have more states and local government areas than the south.

I'll prefer the Federal character policy!!

How can a governor of the South-east brings forth a list of 13 police applicant alone while 12 is the stated number for each state. What happens to those who don't know the governor?

Instead of our so called Senators, Rep. Members to stand against the local government formation to enable a fair playing field for all areas, rather they are busy submitting names, hijacking the whole process.

Nonsense!!!

What has been done using the local government is the only fair and just model. It ensures all ethnicitis are equally represented. Otherwise a state dominated by a certain tribe can and would disenfranchise the smaller minority tribes within it something which is already evident in State government elections.

1 Like

Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2016
gebest:
I blame GEJ on this, wen he was there he had d opportunity of creating more local government but he did not he was busy stealing nd appointing people from d northern part and forget his root, a northerner can never forget his root eg Buhari. GEJ nd OBJ forgot there root even wen Tinubu d only wisest man from d S/W created additional local govt in lagos state, OBJ oppose it. So let d north keep cheating us because southerner leaders are greedy. I rest my case.

Why should he, many of the states in Nigeria where people seem more LGA are already saturated with overlapping LG areas. Using any logic what LGA would be carved out within the relatively small Lagos.

I doubt you have seen the map of Nigeria lately. The North is substantially larger than the South with many super large states
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sensolution10(m): 2:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
diz so called northerners av bin stylishly colonising us ryt 4rm independence due 2 d greediness atritude of d southerners leader...... i jst tink itz d ryt tym nw 4 Nigeria 2 split coz diz is rili annoying
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by yrret: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
sweetgala:

What has been done using the local government is the only fair and just model. It ensures all ethnicitis are equally represented. Otherwise a state dominated by a certain tribe can and would disenfranchise the smaller minority tribes within it something which is already evident in State government elections.

Thank you for sharing your thought. But I won't completely agree with you, weather its local government or federal policy used, an ordinary citizen will still not have an edible chance to be selected in the south like the north.

If you read the article vividly, a serving Governor has already submitted 13 names as against the 12 stated. This same stuff will be hijack by politicians.

For me, because of the egocentric mind build of our leaders down here, population wise based, and limited local government areas and states. I will prefer the federal policy.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by yrret: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
sweetgala:

Thank you for sharing your thought. But I won't completely agree with you, weather its local government or federal policy used, an ordinary citizen will still not have an edible chance to be selected in the south like the north.

If you read the article vividly, a serving Governor has already submitted 13 names as against the 12 stated. This same stuff will be hijack by politicians.

For me, because of the egocentric mind build of our leaders down here, population wise based, and limited local government areas and states. I will prefer the federal policy.

1 Like

Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by SirREX94: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2016
lipsrsealed angryDo you think their absentism was by chance? Nay!. Pray heavens, after some yrs another govt will come up with a panel of investigation into this ish! And as usual ''brown envelopes'' will certainly exchange hands, as is the case here that got them boycotting the meeting! We are being scamed, and to add insult to injury our reprerentatives are plunging us to slavery! What Insolence!
tuale4u:
Southern senators are to blame for missing in action and absent from duting during d vote.
:-XDo you think their absentism was by chance? Nay!. Pray heavens, after some yrs another govt will come up with a panel of investigation into this ish! And as usual ''brown envelopes'' will certainly exchange hands, as is the case here that got them boycotting the meeting! We are being scamed, and to add insult to injury our reprerentatives are plunging us to slavery! What Insolence!
tuale4u:
Southern senators are to blame for missing in action and absent from duting during d vote.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
yrret:

The federal policy has already been exposed as an avenue for abuse my state governors and ethnic majorities.

The LGA is the only credible , fair and remotely constitutional system which is used to select federal legislatives why can't it apply for our police officers.

The only mid way solution is to insist on a regional quota system with all 6 regions gaining equal numbers 1250 each , this would be equally allocated to each state within the region and then equally sub divided into LGA within the states.. The crux of the matter is that the LGA should be the basis for selection.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by b3llo(m): 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2016
ijustdey:

• Northern Forces Take Over Process

• Top Officers’ Sack Raises Dust

https://newtelegraphonline.com/controversy-trails-police-recruitment-sack-top-officers/
APC govt is fraud
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by PH1stBorn: 3:21pm On Jul 06, 2016
Smh! Just like that AIG Edgar Nanakumor barely one year in office booted out by his Junior?. Wonder shall never end in ds country
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by obumkeke(m): 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
ALAYORMII:
Is there anything in Nigeria that's not tainted with controversy??

Kwarraption is the order of the day

The same kwarraption they pretend to b fighting is actually what they enjoy doing...
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by qualityalone: 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
The best is for this country to be divided,make everybody rest.

1 Like

Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by obumkeke(m): 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
sensolution10:
diz so called northerners av bin stylishly colonising us ryt 4rm independence due 2 d greediness atritude of d southerners leader...... i jst tink itz d ryt tym nw 4 Nigeria 2 split coz diz is rili annoying

My brother... U might be thinking in the right direction.... But the course which those agitating for the spliting of Nigeria is handicapped by the same leaders... We are not united to follow such course.... We dont speak a common language in d south or south east... How then can we sail independently in the rivers of BIAFRA
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by obumkeke(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2016
qualityalone:
The best is for this country to be divided,make everybody rest.

To rest no b main thing.. We no go fit rest if the same worm eating us is not addressed... It wud still continue even after splitting
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by obumkeke(m): 4:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
ijustdey:

Those affected were AIGs Bala A. Hassan , AIG Zone 2; Yahaya Garba Ardo ; Irmiya F Yarima , AIG Zone 9 ; Danladi Y Mshebwala ; Tambari Y. Mohammed , AIG Zone 10 and Bala Magaji Nasarawa, AIG Zone 7 , Abuja . Others are Musa Abdulsalam, Adisa Bolanta, AIG Zone 6 ; Mohammed J Gana, Umaru Abubakar Manko, AIG Zone 2, Lagos; Lawal Tanko, AIG Zone 8 and Olufemi A . Adenaike , AIG in charge of Training .
Also retired are AIG Johnson A Ogunsakin, Adenrele T . Shinaba, Commandant Police College , Kano, James O . Caulcrick, Olufefemi David Ogumbayode , Edgar T Nanakumo, AIG in charge of Works, Kalafite H. Adeyemi , Patrick D Dokumor , [b]Mbu Joseph Mbu [/b]and AIG Sabo Ibrahim Ringim.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/controversy-trails-police-recruitment-sack-top-officers/

Controversial officer MBU follow oh... Chai!!! There is God oh!!! I was really optimistic and enthusiatic about his name being on the list... Alas.... There he is....
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by Dexema(m): 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2016
rozayx5:
brown roof union have been duped grin
what is this one saying, south east and south south senators refused to show up thus tilting the number in favour of the Northerners and all you can muster is "brown roof union"? I may finally have lost hope in the Nigerian youth.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by djcliff(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2016
There is no day I won't curse the day that the idea of amalgamation crossed into the heart of the man who form Nigeria. But I look forward to that revolution either peaceful or bloody that will divide these curse called Nigeria. ONE NIGERIA IS SCAM.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by XaintJoel20: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
we in the south are big time fools, no cooperation and the north will always cheat us no matter how smart we think we are.
Please what do I reward you with? Name your price....
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by gebest: 9:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
sweetgala:

Why should he, many of the states in Nigeria where people seem more LGA are already saturated with overlapping LG areas. Using any logic what LGA would be carved out within the relatively small Lagos.

I doubt you have seen the map of Nigeria lately. The North is substantially larger than the South with many super large states
u amuse me, see kogi, see gombe, see bauchi, see niger, see zamfara, see taraba, see nasarawa etc, those state are small compare to many state in d south but they ve many local govt areas. so d cheating continues in 2019.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
XaintJoel20:

Please what do I reward you with? Name your price....
lol at thing you like to reward me with.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by boboenny: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2016
where is the implementation of the federal character in Nigeria. I think it is corruption when a tribe is exalted above others. this is the nepotism of the highest order.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by cjrane: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
ijustdey:

Buhari's Fulanization of Nigeria's police and all security arms is taking place at uniterupted breakneck speed.

We are all watching the flagrant violation of the federal character principle in the federal civil service, armed forces and the police. This situation is untenable and unacceptable.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by Vatsyayana: 5:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
This is the only way my brother can get into the police force...
It's a welcome development.
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
gebest:
u amuse me, see kogi, see gombe, see bauchi, see niger, see zamfara, see taraba, see nasarawa etc, those state are small compare to many state in d south but they ve many local govt areas. so d cheating continues in 2019.

Firsts example Kogi small !

Kogi is so large a new state was carved out of it.

I don't know if you've seen a map of Nigeria lately. Let me put it to you this way. What we term North of the Niger is 2/3 rd of the Nigerian land mass. Kogi alone is bigger than all the SE states put together
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by gebest: 9:19am On Jul 08, 2016
sweetgala:

Firsts example Kogi small !

Kogi is so large a new state was carved out of it.

I don't know if you've seen a map of Nigeria lately. Let me put it to you this way. What we term North of the Niger is 2/3 rd of the Nigerian land mass. Kogi alone is bigger than all the SE states put together

u dont kn mush then, which state was carve out of kogi? kogi was carve out of benue state 1991
Re: Controversy Trails Police Recruitment, Sack Of Top Officers by sweetgala(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2016
gebest:
u dont kn mush then, which state was carve out of kogi? kogi was carve out of benue state 1991

See you trying to snake around it. I've not used the correct term as the fact remains I meant to imply what is currently Kogi state was not it's initial size in land mass due to a new state abjbg being created .

The fact remains your argument is defeated by fact. There is no single state up north that is not of about equal or larger landmass to what we have South. The only state that are large in the South are Rivers , Oyo , Edo, Delta maybe Osun.

The rest are rather small , may I also state that is wrong to even call the states like Benue, Kogi , Plateau , Adamawa North because most of the people from there are neither Hasua nor Fulani , many are not Muslim and are often Christians or animists .

The plight of these people as the only truely disenfranchised minority tribes in Nigeria has gone unrecognized for too long

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Refuses To Stop Appointment Of Senate Minority Leader / Kano Government Sponsored Pro-Deregulation Rally Ends In Fiasco / Governor Bello Mutawalle Suspends Emir, District Head Over Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.