Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Accounting Or Economics,which Is More Recognised In The Labour Market? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Accounting Or Economics,which Is More Recognised In The Labour Market? (755 Views)

‎NOUN Certificates More Recognised Outside Nigeria / Alexandra Shoneyin Recognised By Obama For Her Academic Excellence - Photos / Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Or Economics,which Is More Recognised In The Labour Market? by lative(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
Hi everyone,I'm a 200 level student of economics in a fed. uni. I actually picked economics. in jamb because of my passion for it and I sent really like accounting wch was the alternative then but I noticed since I got into uni the accounting students do look down on other social and management sciences students,they feel accountants are more superior,have a better career path find it easier to make it in life and are more recognized in the labour market.This has been the subject most times when I'm with my friends who study accounting..
Fellow nairalander I'd like to seek ur opinion is on this issue,do u really think accountants are more recognised in the labour market and have a better career path than economics
your opinions really matter..
Re: Accounting Or Economics,which Is More Recognised In The Labour Market? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2016
dey are simply ignorant. most jobs in d labour market relating to accounting and audit, econs peeps can also apply. just try and do ican or acca. if u go to kpmg, pwc, delliote and ey. accounting students are less dan 10% of d intakes every year. there are many jobs out der dat wat u studied has nothing to do with getting picked. i did my IT in a banks Treasury debt. the bond and bills traders dept had engineering, mass comm, mathematics grads der and dey were performing

(1) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Post-utme Online Admission Screening Exercise 2016/17 / Which Year Did Lagosstate Ministry Of Education Began Issuing JSSCE Certificate? / Which Current Affairs Format Should Be Distributed For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.