Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State (52735 Views)

4 Interesting Facts About Nigeria You Probably Didn’t Know / 16 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom / 10 Interesting Facts About Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by bobochem: 6:55am On Jul 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

How about setting up a beer joint or hospital business there? How lucrative is it?
hospital business no go sell 4 that place o. But beer business fit sell sha
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 7:42am On Jul 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

Lols... So na only palmy dem dey shack for there anddog meat.... Na wa oh..... So the place will prolly be cool only for accommodation and not for business ba?
All I'm saying you've got to draw another business plan, come to the state and see for yourself.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by grandstar(m): 8:31am On Jul 08, 2016
LizGray:
Akwa-Ibom. You only posted the good part about them tho.

Yes. Like their nasty accent!
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by grandstar(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2016
mmsen:
It isn't one of the best road networks, it is the best. I just wish that the AKS and CRS governments would work together to build a good highway between Calabar and Uyo because the roads built by those state governments are always much better than those built by the FG or the NDDC. When AKS and CRS governments work on a project they tend to do it to the highest standards.

AKS and CRS are why I believe regional governments are needed. AKS generates sufficient power for its needs but has to feed that power back into the national grid and provide power for places that do not contribute any power. The same can be said of the Federal budget in general.

OP is right about people in CRS and AKS being neat. Definitely the cleanest part of Nigeria.

OP is wrong about the accent. Their English is fine, they speak the language better than most Nigerians, especially the ones who think that by shouting they are being clearer. Ask certain people west of the Niger to pronounce any word with the letter 'H' or 'CH' and you will see what I mean. And I've never heard anyone in AKS or CRS speak English as bad as Buhari.

Their accent is awful
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by grandstar(m): 8:37am On Jul 08, 2016
EPOMA:

I disagree with some of the bullshit here , EDIKang Ikon is cross river , and Ekpang

They don't have any sea port

They do have a seaport or one was under construction
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 8:42am On Jul 08, 2016
Elebiju:
All I'm saying you've got to draw another business plan, come to the state and see for yourself.

So between Capital Enugu and Capital Uyo which is more developed and better for the 2kinda business i just mentioned?
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by TSOM(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2016
Humblesam:

Afo aboro ndisime owo oro iko!
BTW Akwa Ibom is the best of the best.
Proudly Ibomite.
We set the pace, bro.

I had to put that Delta-Igbo militant (SidDOGgg) in check. Next time he'd think twice before trying to antagonize his superiors.

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by FRANKOXY(m): 10:21am On Jul 08, 2016
THEY ARE DIABOLIC undecided
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by FRANKOXY(m): 10:26am On Jul 08, 2016
THEY ARE DIABOLIC
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by lexyclasy: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2016
nigerianvenom:
fratermathy, thanks for this.but akwa Ibom has four major cities (uyo, eket, ikot ekpene, oron).
Le meridien hotel is not in uyo but uruan, so is Atlantic fm and cocharis motors.
The first class newly completed hospital built by Akpabio isn't in uyo but itu.
Akwa Ibom is the most peaceful state in Nigeria. It has the deepest sea pot in Nigeria without dredging.
Akwa Ibom has some of the most important entertainers in the entertainment industries and sport, I. e, ini edo, Frank Edoho, ime bishop Umoh, mesh, pasto goddy goddy, emem isong, annie idibia, Vincent enyeama, England youth prodigy rose efanga Barkley.
The first chief justice of Uganda, justice udo udoma was from akwa Ibom.
The first or second cbn governor - clement isong was from akwa Ibom.
The longest serving secretary to the federal government - ufot ekaette is from akwa Ibom.
The second in command of the defunct biafra region - General Philip effiong was from Akwaibom.
The first indigenous IGP of Nigeria-sir Louis effiong was from akwa Ibom.
Maritime Academy of Nigeria is in oron, akwa Ibom.
Akwa Ibom was created same day with katsina state.
The most popular beer in akwa ibom is champion beer which is brew in akwa ibom.
Governor Victor attah married a Canadian while Godswill Akpabio married an igbo woman.
Akwa Ibom has the best delicacies meals in West Africa, I. e edikang ikon, ekpang nkukwo, afong, etc.
I'm from akwa Ibom, incase you don't know and akwa Ibom ayaiya
You are right as well but the OP have a fair sense of judgement in his analysis....though he skip some prime notification like Ibesikpo Asutan LGA which is also part of Uyo capital city spanning from shelta afrique, legislative quarters, champion breweries, stadium area are all part of Ibesikpo asutan LGA not uyo...the issue of accent i dont agree with you completely is only 20% you can still observe the accent whch is applicable to all other tribes in naija.....i serve in Osun as a physics/math teacher at ipetu ijesa grammer school and i know how they pronouce things even though graduates they pronounce pressure as preyor...their 's' is always 'y' in igbo penalty is pronounce penarity, chairman chaman their 'M' is EMU ofcourse housas have theirs, chinese have theeirs, indians have theirs....stereotyping someone for accent is nothing to write home about.....not that am from ther.....honestly akwa ibom is a place to be loved.....the state is educationally developed state vis -a vis edo and delta in the niger delta region....i love the state and wouldn't seek for any other....akwa ibom ado ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by lexyclasy: 11:19am On Jul 08, 2016
Soleymania:
Only state where keke ply highway, I needed to buy ready made weddding iv, visited all supermarket in uyo coudnt get ,visited barracks road. Ikot epene road, Oron road nwaniba, road. Was so disappointed.
Only state keke Na drop, people rarely takes taxi drop.
Number of keke pass number of passengers. The only central place is plaza, we bring all artisans from sw. Only state that has oil and cost of cooking gas more than other state in Nigeria. Fuel was 140 all tru and2014/15. Playground (recreational center ) is like a big deal to them, only grass that's all. Majority of sw student in uni uyo are stranded admissions guys in sw.
I have been trying to ignore all your comments but for the sake of clarity....you dont need to struggle your ass out before one could spot the silliness in you.....i serve in osun state ipetu ijesa to be precise ok....i taught them physics and maths also in famous new day college and arodo high school....dont tell me about SW i know it very well the thread wasn't tribalistic in nature but if you want us to go that way i will shame the devil in you... because facts are not hidden after 6-years span i still went back to Badagry to work as a Project Engineer for a major contractor at West African Gas Project so i know SW in to to....their Ayo masquerade doctrine and killings, you should be ashame of yourself you dont expect a place to be 100% but i bet you to mention your state .....i promise you pounce for pounce lethal brat keke there is 450k and some of those riketing taxis in your area one can get it at just 350k and you are here bragging....before you people said the state is okada state...when they stop okada people buy keke as a fast medium of transportation....now with your smelling mouth you open to insult....other place..have you not seen keke in india, indonesia,thailand, philipines etc ...it is more insulting to state that Akwa ibom men are lazy....where did you get your dirty insinuations are they lazier than those your dirty alaye boys out there, you want me to steep so low to state the number of SW girls i spanks during my service there, which reasonable akwa ibom girl will prefer SW to his people recheck your brain, if our people are smelling as you claim then your people will be 100times of that ....i have better things doing otherwise i would have engage you point blank

4 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2016
@fratermathy, I can't blame you. We can all see the arrogance in you, using abusive words, well it's in your blood... Accepting facts is difficult for u. No one is saying his or her state is better, every state has theirs ,but akwa ibom is far behind,not exposed,not big. Wanna marry their daughters, be ready to buy lady machine for parents in law.. I don't have your time.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Jewelbaby01(f): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2016
siddoggg:
Dear Akpan and Ekaette,using big grammar cant and wont cloak ur inborn complex of feeling inferior...
You know, the thing about inferiority complex is, the people who actually parade themselves as superiors are indeed the inferiors. Cos a genuine superior doesn't have to announce himself or herself, they just go about their businesses, being their usual selves, kings and queens, no time to puzzle over, cogitate on, speculate about or brood on whether they are inferior or not. There's never a time I thought less of myself, or felt like anyone was better than me nor was there a time I let anyone belittle or intimidate me, that's cos am a queen and am the best of my kind, so is every AKWAIBOMITE. You probably only mingle with the non-exposed or the illiterates, that's cos or maybe you fall in that category, no offence. You really need to get your ass outta your clubbyhole and try interacting with an exposed, educated and well-informed AKWAIBOMITE, then you'll find out for yourself that you're nowhere near them intellectually and otherwise. I rest my case. Am PROUDLY an AKWAIBOMITE.

5 Likes

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

So between Capital Enugu and Capital Uyo which is more developed and better for the 2kinda business i just mentioned?
I've not been to Enugu but if you want to start the bar business in Uyo, I think you should combine it with a kinda viewing center..... Let talk privately.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2016
FRANKOXY:
THEY ARE DIABOLIC undecided
Diabolic? That's a capital NO, go to the SW if you wanna see diabolic.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2016
Elebiju:
I've not been to Enugu but if you want to start the bar business in Uyo, I think you should combine it with a kinda viewing center..... Let talk privately.

So how do we talk because i can't remember the password of the email i used in opening this account.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Astuteleader(m): 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2016
Etang Ekak.. Akwa Ibom....mbon asian..uyai Iban.. Mbon emem...mme ama nti nkpo... Inem udia...mbok if you don't understand bip google. Astute leader.. Uko Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Elebiju: 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2016
datigbogirl:

So how do we talk because i can't remember the password of the email i used in opening this account.
send your whatsapp number to my email elebiju20032003@gmail.....you know the rest.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Champella(m): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2016
jonexty:

Mathias, you are a genus... Jones Inyang, your friend. Haters are those who live in the dark age.

Ete ete Jones. Da mkpo abadie?cool

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by jonexty(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2016
Champella:

Ete ete Jones. Da mkpo abadie?cool
Champella idioko o. Asuk adia!!
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Champella(m): 1:05am On Jul 09, 2016
jonexty:

Champella idioko o. Asuk adia!!

Da baba, mkpo idi ibaha aba se boys ekama ewam idem sef.
Ofri owo edi iba on "low key". Economy dey wear starched outfits these days.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by nigerianvenom(m): 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
lexyclasy:
You are right as well but the OP have a fair sense of judgement in his analysis....though he skip some prime notification like Ibesikpo Asutan LGA which is also part of Uyo capital city spanning from shelta afrique, legislative quarters, champion breweries, stadium area are all part of Ibesikpo asutan LGA not uyo...the issue of accent i dont agree with you completely is only 20% you can still observe the accent whch is applicable to all other tribes in naija.....i serve in Osun as a physics/math teacher at ipetu ijesa grammer school and i know how they pronouce things even though graduates they pronounce pressure as preyor...their 's' is always 'y' in igbo penalty is pronounce penarity, chairman chaman their 'M' is EMU ofcourse housas have theirs, chinese have theeirs, indians have theirs....stereotyping someone for accent is nothing to write home about.....not that am from ther.....honestly akwa ibom is a place to be loved.....the state is educationally developed state vis -a vis edo and delta in the niger delta region....i love the state and wouldn't seek for any other....akwa ibom ado ok
So on point
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by nigerianvenom(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
datigbogirl:

Is it true dat Ibom chiks are very loyal to their men? Cos aort from kitchen prowress I'll love to date and marry an Ibom chik....

Is it true that igbo girls are only after ones pocket?

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by nigerianvenom(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
dovezeeta:
d richest state in Nigeria n d most backward state in Nigeria. Plus too much villages. every thursday,friday and Saturday at least 10 people would be buried in each local govt., too much much witchcraft,etc

There is a difference between going to school n bin educated

1 Like

Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by nigerianvenom(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2016
EPOMA:

I disagree with some of the bullshit here , EDIKang Ikon is cross river , and Ekpang

They don't have any sea port

The laziest tribe in both Akwa Ibom and cross river is the efik people (calabar), they have no meal originated from them abeg. No let us argue
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by datigbogirl: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Is it true that igbo girls are only after ones pocket?

I'm neither a girl nor igbo
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Soleymania(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by omoikea(m): 7:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
i want to serve in this state..
#prospective corp member
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2016
Toscoas2:
Served in Akwa Ibom, Eket precisely. I so much love that state and the people, they are friendly. I wish it's not far frm my state.....
miss Afang and edikan ikon soup.
pls ow many hours is it from uyo to eket
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by fratermathy(m): 8:59am On Jul 31, 2016
gommex:
1 hour tops.
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2016
fratermathy:
1 hour tops.
ok thanks
Re: 12 Interesting Facts About Akwa Ibom State by Toscoas2(m): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
gommex:
It's not up to an hour, I think around 30mins. you can take sansanwon (free ride), if you are a corper, but don't forget your Nysc cap. last time I took before I left Akwa Ibom, dt was last year Oct. #300
they would drop you at Atabong park in Eket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Drone Crashes Into Spewing Volcano In Iceland (Photo, Video) / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Helicopter Flying Couple To The Airport For Honeymoon Crashes In Texas (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.