Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,613 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again (32398 Views)

Xenophobia: International Criminal Court To Probe Zuma, Zulu King / There Is A Race Riot Going On In America Right Now!! / Drug Gangs Strike Back In Rio’s ‘pacified’ Slums (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nchara: 4:57am On Sep 09, 2009
Nigerian (SW) criminal gangs busted yet again

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2009/sep/9/1000.html
Naijanet.com

Posted Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota: 11 Nigerians face federal charges for credit card scam

BOB VON STERNBERG

Eleven people have been charged in federal court in the Twin Cities with fraud for a counterfeit credit card scam that allegedly netted them more than $650,000.

The defendants were charged last week with using the bogus cards to withdraw the cash from more than 170 automatic teller machines in the metro area.

According to the criminal complaint filed last week in U.S. District Court, the defendants obtained personal information about customers of Capital One Bank from an online source based in the Ukraine.

With the stolen information in hand, the defendants allegedly manufactured the counterfeit cards with that information. They were then able to obtain new personal ID numbers from the bank which allowed them to withdraw $652,205 from the teller machines.

According to the complaint, some of the stolen money was converted into cashier checks and used to purchase vehicle parts or vehicles with salvage titles; the vehicles were then shipped to Nigeria, and sold at inflated prices.

Some of the defendants allegedly recruited Nigerian residents in Minneapolis to buy vehicles at auto auctions, giving them cash to make the purchases.

According to a U.S. Secret Service affidavit, one of the defendants bragged about how he could not "get caught conducting his illegal activity" because he was "very good at covering his tracks."

Charged with one count of bank fraud and one count of access device fraud are Adekunle Kayode Ayeni, 27, Yewande Mariam Sholebo, unknown age, Adewale Alba Alli, unknown age, Olayemi Lateef Banjoko, unknown age, Idowu Ayinla Sadiq, unknown age, Abiodun Banjoko, unknown age, and Oyetoyin Oseni Atobatele, unknown age, all of Fridley; along with Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere, 36, and Titilayo Abidewi Fowoshere, unknown age, both of Ramsey; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago, unknown age, Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, 34, address unknown.

Eight of the 11 were arrested last Friday, when they also made their initial court appearance. Three remain at large.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by kech(f): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2009
angry angry What kind of embarrassment is this now? angry
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nchara: 5:06am On Sep 09, 2009
Are they cousins grin grin
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by BlackRevo: 5:13am On Sep 09, 2009
Sony should not see this oooo  grin cheesy

On a serious note please every tom, privates and harry should not claim they are Nigerian. They should verify and prove that they are Nigerian's from the Nigerian embassy in the US
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2009
This is a shame! angry angry angry What are these guys turning into? These thieves are making it hell of a difficulty for people traveling to the US for decent and noble intentions. This is really getting out of hand and only divine help can bring this to minimum, but when will that help come? No one knows. angry angry sad

Where are those tribalism freaks who say Igbos are mainly in fraudulent practices; I guess this will show them it's a general Nigerian disease and not peculiar to a sect alone, or maybe the three at large are Igbos? grin grin
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by BlackRevo: 5:38am On Sep 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

This is a shame! angry angry angry What are these guys turning into? These thieves are making it hell of a difficulty for people traveling to the US for decent and noble intentions. This is really getting out of hand and only divine help can bring this to minimum, but when will that help come? No one knows. angry angry sad

Where are those tribalism freaks who say Igbos are mainly in fraudulent practices; I guess this will show them it's a general Nigerian disease and not peculiar to a sect alone, or maybe the three at large are Igbos? grin grin

I no fit shout ooo grin well maybe they are we not sure, but the igbos do it wisely and silently and not making noise here and there.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by 9ijaprince(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2009
What a fools!
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 6:08am On Sep 09, 2009
Black_Revo:

I no fit shout ooo grin well maybe they are we not sure, but the igbos do it wisely and silently and not making noise here and there.
Although I'm not a big fan of tribalism but I've seen the way people went on and on here on the politics section labeling Igbos as the only tribe that harbors and reproduces criminals in Nigeria. It's pure ignorance. I can't start to count what Yoruba guys do in the UK and guess what, credit card scams and illegal money transfers from stolen bank accounts. Yes, I said it! If you want to challenge me, come and get your beef.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:09am On Sep 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

you sound so fuckin stupid, last time i remember people said all tribes have issues

@poster are you sick? the Bleep is up with the SW

stop being a regional/tribal fagget and post the story without emphasis on region

lol these clowns got arrested who cares this is not embarassment to any yoruba or right minded Nigerians.
Are Nigerians the first to be arrested in yankee? no
Are they first to do fraud? no
Are yorubas the only tribe who do fraud? Bleep NO lol

so whats the big deal? this whole emphasis on Nigerians is getting old the chinese, russians,italians, all commit crimes way past Nigerian petty fraud crimes. BUT LOOK AT D POSTER BEING STUPID AND MAKING IT A BIG DEAL
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 09, 2009
What is this again? These people are just disgusting. hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Embarrassing! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 09, 2009
9ijaprince:

What a fool[b]s[/b]!
Stone. . . .glass house
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 6:17am On Sep 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

you sound so fuckin stupid, last time i remember people said all tribes have issues

@poster are you sick? the Bleep is up with the SW

stop being a regional/tribal fagget and post the story without emphasis on region

lol these clowns got arrested who cares this is not embarassment to any yoruba or right minded Nigerians.
Are Nigerians the first to be arrested in yankee? no
Are they first to do fraud? no
Are yorubas the only tribe who do fraud? Bleep NO lol

so whats the big deal? this whole emphasis on Nigerians is getting old the chinese, russians,italians, all commit crimes way past Nigerian petty fraud crimes. BUT LOOK AT D POSTER BEING STUPID AND MAKING IT A BIG DEAL
Is it the cheap grass you're on that's making you go senile and deranged or you were just born to be as stupid as you are and sound? Why can't you just walk past my post? Haven't you see posts and threads that buttress my points I made? And where did you see me support tribalism? It seems you're taking cheap shots at everyone and you're let go with it and that makes you feel, all of a sudden, like a star?

Is foolishness and madness one of your several names and aliases? Watch your mouth ass-licking punk! You can only demonstrate how naively dumb you're by attacking my statements when there are proofs to base them on. Next time, read hook, line and sinker before you throw your inconsequential cheap shots. I could be less bothered about an idiot like you. Trailer trash, boot-licking fool angry

Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:18am On Sep 09, 2009
please shut the Bleep up and go to sleep
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by chic2pimp(m): 6:20am On Sep 09, 2009
Oh noooo. Not again. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Jakumo(m): 6:24am On Sep 09, 2009
Anyone claiming or hoping that this most recent gang of thieves caught in Minneapolis are NOT Nigerians is whistling in the dark.

The word "Nigerian" is directly equivalent to the phrase "Career Criminal" in the eyes of the world, so just phucking get used to it, and if you do carry a Nigerian passport for international travel, make sure you always wear clean underwear, and be prepared to spread your butt-cheeks for a cavity search at all international ports of entry.

There are, for instance, over fifteen cute euphemisms in the Nigerian Yoruba language that all refer to theft and deceit, for precisely the same reason that Eskimo Inuit dwellers of the frozen north use about twenty different words of their language to describe various snow conditions.     The Nigerian PATRIOTS, currently wailing and gnashing their teeth over a recent Sony advert  which alludes to this long-established reputation of Nigerians, had better just get used to the humiliation, because for every honest Nigerian who objects to that characterization, there are fifty thousand Nigerian kleptomaniacs working assiduously around the clock to preserve that sordid reputation.

Suck it up and get phucking used to being treated like an escaped convict worldwide, because complaining about that status will do about as much good as screaming at God anytime the weather displeases you.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 6:28am On Sep 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

please shut the Bleep up and go to sleep
A retard is what you obviously are. You need to be locked in a mental facility and your brain checked out. Every time you go about thinking you could insult anyone. Well, bring it on bitch-ass!
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

A retard is what you obviously are. You need to be locked in a mental facility and your brain checked out. Every time you go about thinking you could insult anyone. Well, bring it on bitch-ass!

ok lady what ever you say- take your silly ass to sleep

back to post
the point is what the Bleep is new about doing fraud?
nothing

so Nigerians shouldn't feel embarassed about corruption/419/fraud, shit happens in every country

Nigerians are embarassing themselves by blowing it up
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by blackspade(m): 6:39am On Sep 09, 2009
Nchara:
According to a U.S. Secret Service affidavit, one of the defendants bragged about how he could not "get caught conducting his illegal activity" because he was "very good at covering his tracks."

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 6:40am On Sep 09, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok lady what ever you say

back to post
the point is what the Bleep is new about doing fraud?
nothing

so Nigerians shouldn't feel embarassed about corruption/419/fraud, shit happens in every country

Nigerians are embarassing themselves by blowing it up
Yo! I'm not a lady. Look beside my username.

There's nothing new about doing fraud but Nigerians' notoriety in it is alarming and troubling. And why shouldn't Nigerians feel embarrassed about corruption/419/fraud? Are you one of them? No sane, hardworking and honest Nigeria will not feel embarrassed. In my opinion, I'd have preferred Nigerians were terrorists than fraudsters.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by sjeezy8: 6:56am On Sep 09, 2009
TheSeeker:

Yo! I'm not a lady. Look beside my username.

There's nothing new about doing fraud but Nigerians' notoriety in it is alarming and troubling. And why shouldn't Nigerians feel embarrassed about corruption/419/fraud? Are you one of them? No sane, hardworking and honest Nigeria will not feel embarrassed. In my opinion, I'd have preferred Nigerians were terrorists than fraudsters.

naw you a lady like i said

any "hardworking and honest" should not feel embarrassed,
Does mayor Rudy Giuliani of New york feel embarrased about the Mafia? NO
Do the jews feel embarrassed about Madoff? NO
Do the Chinese individually feel ashamed about China? NO
Those who are hardworking and honest will continue to do right.

Nikku now go to sleep
You dont see americans crying over the crimes americans commit overseas, cause they dont care
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by hollandis(f): 7:00am On Sep 09, 2009
No matter what ,I am still proud of my country kiss
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:08am On Sep 09, 2009
Nchara:

Nigerian (SW) criminal gangs busted yet again

Charged with one count of bank fraud and one count of access device fraud are Adekunle Kayode Ayeni, 27, Yewande Mariam Sholebo, unknown age, Adewale Alba Alli, unknown age, Olayemi Lateef Banjoko, unknown age, Idowu Ayinla Sadiq, unknown age, Abiodun Banjoko, unknown age, and Oyetoyin Oseni Atobatele, unknown age, all of Fridley; along with Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere, 36, and Titilayo Abidewi Fowoshere, unknown age, both of Ramsey; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago, unknown age, Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, 34, address unknown.

Eight of the 11 were arrested last Friday, when they also made their initial court appearance. Three remain at large.

Why are their ages unknown  and what a shame that Nigerian women have joined this noble profession.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by AloyEmeka6: 7:10am On Sep 09, 2009
Jakumo:

Anyone claiming or hoping that this most recent gang of thieves caught in Minneapolis are NOT Nigerians is whistling in the dark.

The word "Nigerian" is directly equivalent to the phrase "Career Criminal" in the eyes of the world, so just phucking get used to it, and if you do carry a Nigerian passport for international travel, make sure you always wear clean underwear, and be prepared to spread your butt-cheeks for a cavity search at all international ports of entry.

There are, for instance, over fifteen cute euphemisms in the Nigerian Yoruba language that all refer to theft and deceit
, for precisely the same reason that Eskimo Inuit dwellers of the frozen north use about twenty different words of their language to describe various snow conditions.     The Nigerian PATRIOTS, currently wailing and gnashing their teeth over a recent Sony advert  which alludes to this long-established reputation of Nigerians, had better just get used to the humiliation, because for every honest Nigerian who objects to that characterization, there are fifty thousand Nigerian kleptomaniacs working assiduously around the clock to preserve that sordid reputation.

Suck it up and get phucking used to being treated like an escaped convict worldwide, because complaining about that status will do about as much good as screaming at God anytime the weather displeases you.
1. Gburugburu

2. Odu

3. grin
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by dayokanu(m): 7:26am On Sep 09, 2009
A NIGERIAN who lives in Houston, United States of America, was indicted on Friday on charges that he sought $42 million (about N7.5 billion) in false Medicare and Medicaid claims by paying friends $100 each to sign blank health care forms he would later submit for reimbursement.

Umawa Oke Imo, 54, a permanent resident immigrant in the US, was indicted this week but first charged and detained in June.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by izeek(m): 8:57am On Sep 09, 2009
its getting bad! thats just the whole i dea.
soon maybe other nations would soon start deporting even innocent nigerians just for safety measure.
will not be suprised if a security company brings a new add that says" see a nigerian, bolt your doors!".
what is this nation turning too, nah we be the only sharp men for globe?
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2009
izeek:

its getting bad! thats just the whole i dea.
soon maybe other nations would soon start deporting even innocent nigerians just for safety measure.
will not be suprised if a security company brings a new add that says" see a nigerian, bolt your doors!".
what is this nation turning too, nah we be the only sharp men for globe?
Indeed funny grin grin
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by izeek(m): 9:22am On Sep 09, 2009
theseeker,
its real funny but damn bad.
u remember the osu dilema of years back amongst the igbo community?
well thats what Nigeria has now become to the global community.
our reputation is being questioned @every slight opportuity, that when we even mean good,
they tend to think we have some hiddne motive that they need the f.b.i to uncover.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
some of these names sound fake.

Bashiru Adelumola Fowoshere, 36, and Titilayo Abidewi Fowoshere, unknown age, both of Ramsey; Oriyomi Enitan Olowosago, unknown age, Brooklyn Park; and Ajibola Alli Fowoshere, 34, address unknown

even the Ajibola sef which is a valid Yoruba name but in this instance, its use is very fishy.

And why are their ages unknown?

something's strange here.

people involved in credit card scams and their names are Fowosere and Olowosago.

hmmm.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by TheSeeker(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2009
izeek:

theseeker,
its real funny but damn bad.
u remember the osu dilema of years back amongst the igbo community?
well thats what Nigeria has now become to the global community.
our reputation is being questioned @every slight opportuity, that when we even mean good,
they tend to think we have some hiddne motive that they need the f.b.i to uncover.
If they don't have the slightest opportunity to question our motive, they easily create one. It's bad and for our reputation. It's a lot of humiliation back here and a disappointment. I take comfort in the the truth that I'm not one of them and get on with whatever I want to do but I do raise hell if anyone makes a statement that tends to flow along the line at me or supposedly directed at me indirectly.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2009
Jakumo:

There are, for instance, over fifteen cute euphemisms in the Nigerian Yoruba language that all refer to theft and deceit, for precisely the same reason that Eskimo Inuit dwellers of the frozen north use about twenty different words of their language to describe various snow conditions. The Nigerian PATRIOTS, currently wailing and gnashing their teeth over a recent Sony advert which alludes to this long-established reputation of Nigerians, had better just get used to the humiliation,[size=14pt] because for every honest Nigerian who objects to that characterization, there are fifty thousand Nigerian kleptomaniacs working assiduously around the clock to preserve that sordid reputation[/size].

How dare you when some out there believe that Nigerians are good people? lol tongue
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2009
well, like they said, Nigeria is controlled and managed by crime lords, with a minority of Nigerians trying to make a living in an honest way.

having said that, I still suspect some of the identities of these criminals.
Re: Nigerian-Yoruba Criminal Gangs In America Busted Yet Again by Nchara: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2009
As far as I can remember, this is the third time a crime gang is busted in the US and they all happen to be from one Nigerian tribe. It really becomes curious when these gangs of criminals do so in a seemingly tribalistic manner. Why exclude others in your crime when you know you will end up being labeled a Nigerian and not a Yoruba? Have we exported our tribalism overseas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Facts About Boris Johnson Uk’s New Prime Minister / Isa Muazu Deported From Britain With A Private-Jet / Kenyan Lady Threatens A Native Doctor Who Failed To Get Her A Husband In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.