Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor (2355 Views)

Buratai Dapper In Suit As Wike Hosts Colorful Banquet In Rivers / Rivers State Honors Jonathan, Patience, Odili, Omehia As Wike Decorates Them / Osinbajo Leaves Ogoniland As Wike Shows APC Love - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Zubby56(f): 1:01am On Jul 07, 2016
Today, Rivers State in Nigeria is termed as the ‘Rivers of blood’. To some of us who share a bond with this State, it pains us so much when such description is used for our dear State. Before divulging into the main aim of this treatise and for avoidance of doubt and for clarity, Rivers State is the hub of the oil industry in Nigeria and very rich in hydrocarbons, from which the nation draws its major revenue. The strategic importance of Rivers State in the socio-economic and political future of Nigeria cannot, therefore, be over-emphasised. A recent investigation by theEconomic Confidentiallisted Rivers State among four rich states in Nigeria, including Lagos, Delta, Ogun and Edo.
The fact remains that Rivers State has over the years evolved as the oil and gas nerve-centre of Nigeria. It has a growing population of about 5.1 million (the sixth most populous state in the country) and an impressive GDP of 21.07 billion USD – which is bigger than that of most African countries, such as Botswana, Rwanda, Nambia, Lesotho, etc. The enviable economic and socio-political scorecard of Rivers State has made it a war theatre, occasioned by some unscrupulous politicians that use the youths to cause deaths, mayhem among the citizenry of the state. Sadly, today, the state is confronted with security challenges, especially illegal bunkering, piracy, cultism, oil pipes destruction, kidnapping, armed robbery, political killings, etc.
This article, therefore, is influenced by the rise of kidnapping, heinous murders, criminal activities and other insecurity challenges in Rivers State. And, as a patriotic Nigerian, I intend to examine the causes of the recent rise in insecurity in the state and proffer suggestions on the way forward. This becomes imperative to avoid falling into the trap of late EmperorHaile Selassieof Ethiopia’s famous words: “Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.”
Genesis of current insecurity in Rivers State
The current state of insecurity in Rivers can be anchored and situated on two principal developments in the politics of the state: the gubernatorial ambition of Chief Nyesom Wike; and the political battle between Dr Goodluck Jonathan, erstwhile President of Nigeria and former Governor of Rivers State and incumbent Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi..
Wike’s ambition and creation of the ‘Rivers of blood’
Chief Wike’s ambition to succeed Amaechi as the governor of Rivers State may be shocking to most political watchers. It started from his days as chief of staff to the then Governor Amaechi. The fact remains that while Amaechi was busy providing dividends of democracy to the people, Wike, on the other hand, was busy undermining Amaechi and using all the connections and goodwill of the Rivers State Government not only to station his men in strategic positions in government, but to empower most of them financially through award of contracts, initiation and other means. He tested the ground of his ambition when he was appointed as the director- general for the re-election of Amaechi as governor of Rivers State in 2011. A position he ensured that only his men were appointed to strategic fields to serve as key mobilisers at the grassroots level. By the time he was appointed minister of state in the Ministry of Education, based on the recommendation of Amaechi to Dr Jonathan, Wike went further with his gubernatorial ambition plot by forming theGrassroots Development Initiative(GDI), a political pressure group he used to deceive the public, that it was formed to assist in the re-election of then President Jonathan; but, in fact, the outfit was formed to pursue his gubernatorial ambition. He used the outfit to formally recruit his foot soldiers for the battle ahead. Under our nose, this body was heavily financed and motivated, and its presence was established in all the constituencies of Rivers State.
It was this group that he used to dislodge over 11 key Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members that wanted to contest the 2015 governorship election under the PDP platform. Those that wanted to play games were properly beaten up and molested at the party’s national secretariat at Abuja. Before this time, Wike, based on political exigency, tactfully suppressed his gubernatorial ambition from public view. Instead, he offered himself as a tool to spearhead the political battle between Jonathan and Amaechi. He gave everything within him to execute this, with the PDP ticket as a target.
How Jonathan and Wike created the ‘Rivers of blood’
Genesis of the creation of ‘Rivers State of blood’by Jonathan and Wike stemmed from claims and rumour developed and spread around by members of their camp to win the hearts of Rivers people to their devious plot. That is, that the then Governor Amaechi will contest the office of the president or vice president with a candidate from the northern part of the country come 2015, thereby truncating the second-term ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan who is from the same geo-political zone (South-south). This strategy sold like wide fire in the region. And, based on this evil assumption, Jonathan, using Wike as a tool, resolved to create the type of Rivers State we now have, where lives make no meaning.
Despite Amaechi’s great show of love to former President Jonathan, and in order to humiliate and annihilate him politically, the following steps were adopted. A few instances may suffice: A private jet of the Rivers State Government was grounded for no just cause; the PDP structure in Rivers State was taken away from Amaechi; his election as Chairman of Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF), which was duly certified and widely acknowledged, was annulled by President Jonathan and his cohorts; he also supported the destruction of the once vibrant NGF by supporting 16 governors against 19. Besides, on May 27, 2013 Amaechi was suspended from the PDP, a party he so much loved and spent so much to build. They followed this up with his expulsion. Indeed, if not for divine providence, he would have been illegally impeached by five legislators (Chinda, Kelechi Godspower Nwogu (Omuma), Evans Bapakaye Bipi (Ogu/Bolo), Martins Amaewhule (Obio/Akpor I) and Victor Ihunwo (Port Harcourt III) who were loyal to the then Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, in a House of 32 members. Jonathan withdrew the security details attached to Amaechi, As if these were not enough, the president used state power to prevent Amaechi, then a sitting governor, from reaching Ekiti, in the South-western part of the country, to support the re-election of Dr Kayode Fayemi, because they were in the opposition then. Above all, a Police Commissioner by name Mr Joseph Mbu was posted to Rivers State to haunt, harass, torement, insult and abuse Amaechi publicly.
Apart from all the listed humiliating attacks against Amaechi, some oil wells formerly Rivers State were re-allocated to neighbouring sister-states – Baylesa and Akwa Ibom – thereby denying the state billions of naira. And to demonstrate his hatred for Rivers State, because of Amaechi, Jonathan took the proposed biggest dockyard in Africa meant for Bonny in Rivers State to Lagos State. When he lost the election, he revoked the project that was already 40 percent done. He equally stopped the implementation of the cleaning up of Ogoni land, renovation of the Port Harcourt International Airport as well as repair of major federal roads in the state.
Notable reactions to the siege
Prof Tam David-West, an illustrious son of Rivers State and a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, said: ‘Amaechi is an innocent man and his travails illustrate the Nigerian paradox, where excellence is relegated to the background and mediocrity is elevated. I’m particularly worried about the trend, not only because I am a Rivers State elder, not only because I am a strong supporter of Amaechi without any regret, I am also worried as a Nigerian; because what is happening to Amaechi underscores a terrible Nigerian paradox: which I call the paradox of excellence. We support him because those of us who grew up in Port Harcourt as a famous Garden City knew how the city changed to a rotten city. And Amaechi, who is also a Port Harcourt boy, returned the city back to its glorious garden city status. Any person that does not realise this is not only blind, but terrible.’
This great sage reminded Amaechi’s opponents thathe who laughs last, laughs best. He added, with emphasis, that the governor would laugh last, because his first name, Chibuike, means ‘God is strength.’ Though, David-West’s words came to pass as Amaechi ought to be laughing after sending Jonathan's evil PDP packing from the centre, but he is a very sad man as Wike has turned his beloved Rivers State to a slaughter house.

1 Like

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by golor(m): 1:03am On Jul 07, 2016
Mr at first I wanted to applaud your research but seeing the extreme criticism of Wike,i decided not to read further,cos your research is totally insufficient nd not worth wasting time......

How can you say d political killing is one sided? I refuse to be an illiterate of a Political party.in as much as am concern d killing of rivers people re bin fuelled by both PDP nd APC....the both party re extremely evil

11 Likes

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 07, 2016
Wike is just a thug!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by anibi9674: 1:25am On Jul 07, 2016
half truth equals to lie.

7 Likes

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by willyo(m): 1:26am On Jul 07, 2016
How much were u paid to erect lies? Let's hear ur side of Bubu's story and the formation of Boko H

7 Likes

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 07, 2016
Nice write up, I am a rivers man and I also love Ameachi, so many people don't really knw wat ameachi went thru in d hands of patience n wike, ameachi is a senior minister but his nt misbehavin d way wike did in 2014 to 2015 even as a junior minister. Ameachi shuld jst stay clear frm rivers state. I pray God protects my family in ph, because I know the security situation will get worst because we all know the antecedent of wike even when we was SSG.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by rhymaster: 1:55am On Jul 07, 2016
Wike will be and is de facto president of biafura. He was supported by the wailers from east and should be their president!
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by BaddieKay(f): 1:58am On Jul 07, 2016
The fact your story is missing is d fact that Wike is fighting those who are fighting him.A man cannot start a fight against himself.

As much as u'll love to paint Amaechi as a saint,his as Evil/bad as Wike.Remember they used to be birds of the same feather,just political ambitions drew them apart

4 Likes

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 07, 2016
This is how brainwashing starts. I'm sure the writer is paid by Amaechi to help find his way back into the minds of his people seeing that Buhari's tribalism is getting out of hand.

This particular propaganda is rather too cheap, please try again.cheesy

10 Likes

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by chriskosherbal(m): 3:19am On Jul 07, 2016
OK I see
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by wilcox(m): 4:39am On Jul 07, 2016
SirJeffry:
This is how brainwashing starts. I'm sure the writer is paid by Amaechi to help find his way back into the minds of his people seeing that Buhari's tribalism is getting out of hand.

As if you reside in my mind, exactly what I wanted to say

1 Like

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:53am On Jul 07, 2016
SirJeffry:

Can you kindly point out anything which he said that is a lie.
Let sentiments never becloud our judgement else we one day become victims of our judgement.
wilcox:

As if you reside in my mind, exactly what I wanted to say
willyo:
How much were u paid to erect lies?
Let's hear ur side of Bubu's story and the formation of Boko H
anibi9674:
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by oganology33(m): 6:57am On Jul 07, 2016
Itz a pity. Amaechi is almost non existent in Nigerian Politics. This means HUNGER 4 his Zombie supporters.

@Op. If u tink Rivers ppl are gonna vote against the PDP in forth coming rerun, because of this trashy Propaganda then I pity u 2.
Amaechi has bin erased from Politics in Rivers State. Next in line is the South South.
IDIOTS!!!

1 Like

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by cckris: 6:59am On Jul 07, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Can you kindly point out anything which he said that is a lie.
Let sentiments never becloud our judgement else we one day become victims of our judgement.
Yes. That Amaechi's followers, like late Soboma George, are, without provocation, KILLING innocent people in order to foment tension so that Buhari may declare SOE.

1 Like

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by dechriscool(m): 7:23am On Jul 07, 2016
The writer of this piece is a product of Ameachi delusional followers.Who is trying to appeals the minds of Niger Deltans for their obvious hatred for the man Amaechi.Who has no respect and decorum for elders in Niger delta and the betrayal of the geopolitical region.I read through the piece and it is nothing short of how Amaechi is trying hard recently to justify his Judaism,unguarded insults to former president Jonathan and his regrettable sale out of the region ambition for A Fulani man.To respond to some of the lies ,you peddled in your write up.
From abi nitio Wike never had the ambition of becoming Rivers State governor.Ameachi ambition of becoming a Senator which happen to be the same senatorial district with Wike raised the fight.Wike with all sincerity told Amaechi to dropped the ambition for another region.Who supposed to produced the next senator from that senatorial district.Amaechi stubbornness and refusal made Wike to nurse the ambition for contesting the senatorial seat with Amaechi and latter change his mind to contest for governorship just to spit Amaechi and make sure Amaechi doesn't plant his stooge as governor of Rivers state.
Amaechi recommendation of Wike for ministerial appointment was not born out of love for Wike but a ploy to sent Wike to Abuja thus keeping him away from Rivers politics.Since Wike was no longer comfortable with Amaechi ambition and ways of governance in Rivers state.Amaechi indirectly wanted to thwart the same appointment of Wike as a minister after his recommendation for God knows why.But Wike got wings of this and ran to Patience Jonathan with evidence of how he played a major role in Rivers state to GEJ election 2011 and was embrace by patience and Jonathan thus creating the enemity among themselves.
Creating of GDI in Rivers state was not aim at GEJ re-election neither for Wike ambition but was an idea for keeping PDP on ground in Rivers state.Since it was obvious Amaechi was leaving PDP.
And for your Amaechi loving Jonathan,You obviously lied.Amaechi never loved Jonathan after their fall out.He was busy insulting and abusing Jonathan without decorum.Even till date he is still suffering for the same hatred for GEJ.
Amaechi had the ambition of becoming vice president after his fall out with GEJ.That played out during the choosing of vice president for Apc which see to the nomination of osibanjo by Tinubu.
For citing of oil well to Bayelsa and Akwaibom was a decision of the court not GEJ do to Boundary adjustment.Get your facts right.Stop feeding the public with false information regarding the dockyard in Bonny
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by otokx(m): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2016
Has the OP finished his write up? It appears poorly constructed. What is happening in Rivers State is slowly being replicated all over Nigeria. It's a degradation of mentality and inability to have a long term foresight. There is a perceived feeling of oppression from people afar when in reality its within. There is no thought on the impact of my activities on the other man.
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by amaechi1: 8:14am On Jul 07, 2016
anibi9674:

As if these were not enough, the president used state power to prevent Amaechi, then a sitting governor, from reaching Ekiti, in the South-western part of the country, to support the re-election of Dr Kayode Fayemi, because they were in the opposition then. Above all, a Police Commissioner by name Mr Joseph Mbu was posted to Rivers State to haunt, harass, torement, insult and abuse Amaechi publicly.
Apart from all the listed humiliating attacks against Amaechi, some oil wells formerly Rivers State were re-allocated to neighbouring sister-states – Baylesa and Akwa Ibom – thereby denying the state billions of naira. And to demonstrate his hatred for Rivers State, because of Amaechi, Jonathan took the proposed biggest dockyard in Africa meant for Bonny in Rivers State to Lagos State. When he lost the election, he revoked the project that was already 40 percent done. He equally stopped the implementation of the cleaning up of Ogoni land, renovation of the Port Harcourt International Airport as well as repair of major federal roads in the state.
Please, which of the above facts is a lie?
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by hardywaltz(m): 8:24am On Jul 07, 2016
Amaechi we miss you...

Ameachi the fearless Lion from the tribe of Ubima, those u once protected that turned against you are calling for you to re-contest again.

Amaechi the benevolent Lion those you employed who still hated you coz of their Ineffectual Buffoon have taken WikeD to court for not paying them for several months.

Amaechi the lion with a foresight, parents whom you sent their kids abroad who later turned against you coz of their clueless shoeless Buffoon are today gnashing their teeth in regret as they have all returned their children Uniport & RSUST coz WikeD refused to pay their school fees.

Ameachi the man with Lion heart, we now see the difference in road construction. When u were Governor every single road u constructed had standard sub-surface drainage system today WikeD has retured us back to road with open gutter.

Ameachi the sendless Lion when u constructed 43km dual carriage Federal road and over 1,000km u didn't even to commission them but today WikeD commissions patched road even 0.75km Nkpogu by-pass road which u almost completed WikeD has commissioned one lane with so much fanfare.

Amaechi the indomitable Lion as Governor u took the fight against the cultists as priority personally leading the JTF to destroy the largest Militant camp in Nigeria Okuchiri and liberating the enslaved Okirikans and also clearing of some waterfronts before the Bag of beans first lady came and stopped you. Today WikeD is demolishing poor People's batchers claiming he is fighting cultist.

Ameachi as Governor u set up the most advanced security network C4i which Dasuki as NSA on instructions from the Ineffectual Buffoon dismantled to give WikeD & his thugs a free reign, today WikeD cannot reinstall the facilities back because it's beyond his intellectual capacity.

Amaechi during ur tym we could stay out till 2am in casablanca drinking our beers but today ph roads are deserted by 9pm thanks to WikeD and his thugs.

Amaechi we miss you please come back....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by HopeAtHand: 8:28am On Jul 07, 2016
Nice one OP.

Wike and the ills associated with him is the legacy of GEJ in Rivers. There is absolutely nothing tangible Jonathan can point as having done for Rivers, no project, no form of development except foisting Wike on us.

May God continue to punish Jonathan and his family all the day of Jonathans life.
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by amaechi1: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Nice one OP.

Wike and the ills associated with him is the legacy of GEJ in Rivers. There is absolutely nothing tangible Jonathan can point as having done for Rivers, no project, no form of development except foisting Wike on us.

May God continue to punish Jonathan and his family all the day of Jonathans life.

Please, take it easy now. Are you not on holiday? I just hope the populace will not fall for these evil and greedy politicians next time.
I was shocked to hear that nigeria had an opportunity to appeal against the Bakasi ruling after 10 years, but our beloved brother refused to do so for reason best known to him.
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
cckris:

Yes. That Amaechi's followers, like late Soboma George, are, without provocation, KILLING innocent people in order to foment tension so that Buhari may declare SOE.

Sonoma George followers aka ateke toms followers usually refer to Amaechi as betrayer.
You have no point
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by gare(f): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Zubby56:
Today, Rivers State in Nigeria is termed as the ‘Rivers of blood’. To some of us who share a bond with this State, it pains us so much when such description is used for our dear State. Before divulging into the main aim of this treatise and for avoidance of doubt and for clarity, Rivers State is the hub of the oil industry in Nigeria and very rich in hydrocarbons, from which the nation draws its major revenue. The strategic importance of Rivers State in the socio-economic and political future of Nigeria cannot, therefore, be over-emphasised. A recent investigation by theEconomic Confidentiallisted Rivers State among four rich states in Nigeria, including Lagos, Delta, Ogun and Edo.
The fact remains that Rivers State has over the years evolved as the oil and gas nerve-centre of Nigeria. It has a growing population of about 5.1 million (the sixth most populous state in the country) and an impressive GDP of 21.07 billion USD – which is bigger than that of most African countries, such as Botswana, Rwanda, Nambia, Lesotho, etc. The enviable economic and socio-political scorecard of Rivers State has made it a war theatre, occasioned by some unscrupulous politicians that use the youths to cause deaths, mayhem among the citizenry of the state. Sadly, today, the state is confronted with security challenges, especially illegal bunkering, piracy, cultism, oil pipes destruction, kidnapping, armed robbery, political killings, etc.
This article, therefore, is influenced by the rise of kidnapping, heinous murders, criminal activities and other insecurity challenges in Rivers State. And, as a patriotic Nigerian, I intend to examine the causes of the recent rise in insecurity in the state and proffer suggestions on the way forward. This becomes imperative to avoid falling into the trap of late EmperorHaile Selassieof Ethiopia’s famous words: “Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most that has made it possible for evil to triumph.”
Genesis of current insecurity in Rivers State
The current state of insecurity in Rivers can be anchored and situated on two principal developments in the politics of the state: the gubernatorial ambition of Chief Nyesom Wike; and the political battle between Dr Goodluck Jonathan, erstwhile President of Nigeria and former Governor of Rivers State and incumbent Minister of Transportation, Rt Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi..
Wike’s ambition and creation of the ‘Rivers of blood’
Chief Wike’s ambition to succeed Amaechi as the governor of Rivers State may be shocking to most political watchers. It started from his days as chief of staff to the then Governor Amaechi. The fact remains that while Amaechi was busy providing dividends of democracy to the people, Wike, on the other hand, was busy undermining Amaechi and using all the connections and goodwill of the Rivers State Government not only to station his men in strategic positions in government, but to empower most of them financially through award of contracts, initiation and other means. He tested the ground of his ambition when he was appointed as the director- general for the re-election of Amaechi as governor of Rivers State in 2011. A position he ensured that only his men were appointed to strategic fields to serve as key mobilisers at the grassroots level. By the time he was appointed minister of state in the Ministry of Education, based on the recommendation of Amaechi to Dr Jonathan, Wike went further with his gubernatorial ambition plot by forming theGrassroots Development Initiative(GDI), a political pressure group he used to deceive the public, that it was formed to assist in the re-election of then President Jonathan; but, in fact, the outfit was formed to pursue his gubernatorial ambition. He used the outfit to formally recruit his foot soldiers for the battle ahead. Under our nose, this body was heavily financed and motivated, and its presence was established in all the constituencies of Rivers State.
It was this group that he used to dislodge over 11 key Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members that wanted to contest the 2015 governorship election under the PDP platform. Those that wanted to play games were properly beaten up and molested at the party’s national secretariat at Abuja. Before this time, Wike, based on political exigency, tactfully suppressed his gubernatorial ambition from public view. Instead, he offered himself as a tool to spearhead the political battle between Jonathan and Amaechi. He gave everything within him to execute this, with the PDP ticket as a target.
How Jonathan and Wike created the ‘Rivers of blood’
Genesis of the creation of ‘Rivers State of blood’by Jonathan and Wike stemmed from claims and rumour developed and spread around by members of their camp to win the hearts of Rivers people to their devious plot. That is, that the then Governor Amaechi will contest the office of the president or vice president with a candidate from the northern part of the country come 2015, thereby truncating the second-term ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan who is from the same geo-political zone (South-south). This strategy sold like wide fire in the region. And, based on this evil assumption, Jonathan, using Wike as a tool, resolved to create the type of Rivers State we now have, where lives make no meaning.
Despite Amaechi’s great show of love to former President Jonathan, and in order to humiliate and annihilate him politically, the following steps were adopted. A few instances may suffice: A private jet of the Rivers State Government was grounded for no just cause; the PDP structure in Rivers State was taken away from Amaechi; his election as Chairman of Nigeria Governors' Forum (NGF), which was duly certified and widely acknowledged, was annulled by President Jonathan and his cohorts; he also supported the destruction of the once vibrant NGF by supporting 16 governors against 19. Besides, on May 27, 2013 Amaechi was suspended from the PDP, a party he so much loved and spent so much to build. They followed this up with his expulsion. Indeed, if not for divine providence, he would have been illegally impeached by five legislators (Chinda, Kelechi Godspower Nwogu (Omuma), Evans Bapakaye Bipi (Ogu/Bolo), Martins Amaewhule (Obio/Akpor I) and Victor Ihunwo (Port Harcourt III) who were loyal to the then Minister of State for Education, Nyesom Wike, in a House of 32 members. Jonathan withdrew the security details attached to Amaechi, As if these were not enough, the president used state power to prevent Amaechi, then a sitting governor, from reaching Ekiti, in the South-western part of the country, to support the re-election of Dr Kayode Fayemi, because they were in the opposition then. Above all, a Police Commissioner by name Mr Joseph Mbu was posted to Rivers State to haunt, harass, torement, insult and abuse Amaechi publicly.
Notable reactions to the siege
Prof Tam David-West, an illustrious son of Rivers State and a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, said: ‘Amaechi is an innocent man and his travails illustrate the Nigerian paradox, where excellence is relegated to the background and mediocrity is elevated. I’m particularly worried about the trend, not only because I am a Rivers State elder, not only because I am a strong supporter of Amaechi without any regret, I am also worried as a Nigerian; because what is happening to Amaechi underscores a terrible Nigerian paradox: which I call the paradox of excellence. We support him because those of us who grew up in Port Harcourt as a famous Garden City knew how the city changed to a rotten city. And Amaechi, who is also a Port Harcourt boy, returned the city back to its glorious garden city status. Any person that does not realise this is not only blind, but terrible.’
This great sage reminded Amaechi’s opponents thathe who laughs last, laughs best. He added, with emphasis, that the governor would laugh last, because his first name, Chibuike, means ‘God is strength.’ Though, David-West’s words came to pass as Amaechi ought to be laughing after sending Jonathan's evil PDP packing from the centre, but he is a very sad man as Wike has turned his beloved Rivers State to a slaughter house.

I don't see the essence of this write up, from my on point of view this article is not necessary, nothing to learn from, I will advice you guys to leave Wike alone, APC start early and start preparing for 2019, do more you continue all this fight it will continue to lead to destruction of the state,

The so call saint Amaechi you guys cherish and reverence, knows what he did in Rivers State, his house in Abuja that's worth over 5billion, you will not tell me he saved his money from being a speaker to governor to acquire that property. Allow this state to remain in peace so even if you eventually come to power you will inherit a peaceful state.

All this spoil for war should be played down, we need peace in the state, don't come here and paint Wike bad and call Amaechi a saint, stop it as far as I am concern your analysis are from Newspapers stand analysis. Stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by East2West: 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op. Its not true.

It has ceased to be "Rivers of Blood" its now "Rivers of Peace" and that is progressively being unravelled.

That's what we believe and speak.
Thats what the people stand for too.

PEACE!!
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by AtlanticBreeze: 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
hardywaltz:
[s]Amaechi we miss you...

Ameachi the fearless Lion from the tribe of Ubima, those u once protected that turned against you are calling for you to re-contest again.

Amaechi the benevolent Lion those you employed who still hated you coz of their Ineffectual Buffoon have taken WikeD to court for not paying them for several months.

Amaechi the lion with a foresight, parents whom you sent their kids abroad who later turned against you coz of their clueless shoeless Buffoon are today gnashing their teeth in regret as they have all returned their children Uniport & RSUST coz WikeD refused to pay their school fees.

Ameachi the man with Lion heart, we now see the difference in road construction. When u were Governor every single road u constructed had standard sub-surface drainage system today WikeD has retured us back to road with open gutter.

Ameachi the sendless Lion when u constructed 43km dual carriage Federal road and over 1,000km u didn't even to commission them but today WikeD commissions patched road even 0.75km Nkpogu by-pass road which u almost completed WikeD has commissioned one lane with so much fanfare.

Amaechi the indomitable Lion as Governor u took the fight against the cultists as priority personally leading the JTF to destroy the largest Militant camp in Nigeria Okuchiri and liberating the enslaved Okirikans and also clearing of some waterfronts before the Bag of beans first lady came and stopped you. Today WikeD is demolishing poor People's batchers claiming he is fighting cultist.

Ameachi as Governor u set up the most advanced security network C4i which Dasuki as NSA on instructions from the Ineffectual Buffoon dismantled to give WikeD & his thugs a free reign, today WikeD cannot reinstall the facilities back because it's beyond his intellectual capacity.

Amaechi during ur tym we could stay out till 2am in casablanca drinking our beers but today ph roads are deserted by 9pm thanks to WikeD and his thugs.

Amaechi we miss you please come back....[/s]
who are the we? The rerun elections results clearly showed that Rivers people have expelled Ameachi from the scheme of things in Rivers state.. Ameachi should keep serving Buhari, rivers is progressing whether amaechi and his apc losers like it or not
Re: READ Ooo!! Why Rivers May Never Know Peace As Long As Wike Is Governor by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
How will this write-up help Nigerians who are currently struggling to buy basic food ingredients in the market? .... Instead of applying your talent in something productive....you are busy adding more fuel in a resolving matter... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Wait until you see both of them (Amaechi and Wike) grooving together like El Rufia and PMB....then you will start writing reasonable things and not lies or propaganda angry angry angry angry angry.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers To Federal Government: Your Drones Won't Stop Us / Rivers Rerun:PDP Supporters Jubilate As PDP Wins House Of Reps In Okrika(pics) / Revealed: 5 Top Politicians Sponsoring Tuface Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.