Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,915 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? (37369 Views)

Updates On The 2017 Npower Programme. / Updates On The 2017 Npower Programme. / Here Is What's,trending On The Npower Programme. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ComputerOperato: 1:28am On Jul 07, 2016
This question is brought about from my observations since the beginning of this Npower stuff.
The first few days the programme started was characterized by a lot of problems and challenges because of the number of people trying to register.

This was understandable due to unexpected number of people that applied.
But questions started arising from the sequence of events since then.

I should be among the first set of people to register (first hundred or two hundred thousand) and I received an email saying that my registration is successful with details such as the username used during the registration. (find attached image below).
Few days later, I noticed the registration URL had changed and that the whole registration form has been revamped.

This was where the questions started arising.

I noticed that if you register, no confirmation email was sent anymore. You are presented only with a successful page and that is that. Nevertheless, if you try and register again from this point onwards, you receive a notification that you had already registered.

Some few days after the changes were made to the Npower website, a client came with a friend that wants to register for the programme. He himself (the client) said he had already registered elsewhere. I asked him when? And he told me sometimes during the first few days.

Out of curiosity I decided to ascertain if he had truly registered and tried to apply for him and Voila! His registration was successful AGAIN despite the fact that he had registered before!

My Question is this:

Has the old database and hence the details of EVERYONE that registered in the first few days been destroyed or lost? Because if it were not so, he should have received a response that he had already registered.

Here is why:

I am a web developer/designer. I know how websites work. Anybody that registered on that website will have their details stored in a database and should you try to register again with the SAME INFORMATION, you SHOULD be told that you had already registered (which works fine if you applied recently but if you had applied within the first few days, and you applied again now, no such notification was given).

Today 6th July, 2016 I helped someone else to register and lo and behold, a confirmation email was sent with a UNIQUE APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER (Find attached screenshot)

The question that comes to mind is what happens to those who thought they had registered but MAYBE they haven’t registered at all? What happens to those that doesn’t receive the UNIQUE APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER?

I just hope that some people will not think they had registered for the programme and in the true sense they had not registered. Well, these are my thoughts and they are kind of unsettling especially for the applicants.

My candid advice? I will implore applicants to try and re-register to verify that they are properly registered to avoid stories that touch.

Summary: Try and re-register with the SAME INFROMATION/DETAILS used before. If you are properly registered, you will receive a notification saying you are already registered. If not then you use that opportunity to register properly.

Remain Blessed

Source Here

Note: screenshots of images are at source.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ComputerOperato: 1:29am On Jul 07, 2016
This space is reserved for updates

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by maxwell767(m): 7:09am On Jul 07, 2016
Let me wait here... lipsrsealed

cheesy I know say this topic must enter FP

Anyway.... I'm STC grin

Now to the issue @ hand.... U guys no need fortune teller to tell u guys that Npower is a pure scam... tongue.

#Northernpower#

7 Likes

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Godfullsam(m): 7:13am On Jul 07, 2016
Thanks op

leme try and register again
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Ericsdm55(m): 8:32am On Jul 07, 2016
I av to register again then. Thnx op
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2016
please, anybody did the after 7 days test?
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by tolu4you: 8:40am On Jul 07, 2016
Npower wahala
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by JamieRocks(m): 9:00am On Jul 07, 2016
MonsterDeeq:
please, anybody did the after 7 days test?
. Which one is after 7 days test again?
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by murphyrichy(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2016
@op, I also applied for someone but after uploading his supporting documents it brings out the image below, pls any solution?

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Elnino4ladies: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2016
Registered two weeks back....yet no confirmation mail sent
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by JamieRocks(m): 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
When is the program starting sef?

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
Elnino4ladies:
Registered two weeks back....yet no confirmation mail sent

check your mail very well... check the scam/bulk mail... check everywhere properly. i just saw my acknowledgement mail in a hidden promotions mail sent to me july 3 with my new refrence number

i applied twice sha
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
JamieRocks:
When is the program starting sef?
i think august 01
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Stevosty: 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
same on my mind, but hope it will not amount to double entry, maybe we should bombard them on their social media network with the same question.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Nafizzey(m): 2:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
ComputerOperato:
This question is brought about from my observations since the beginning of this Npower stuff.
The first few days the programme started was characterized by a lot of problems and challenges because of the number of people trying to register.

This was understandable due to unexpected number of people that applied.
But questions started arising from the sequence of events since then.

I should be among the first set of people to register (first hundred or two hundred thousand) and I received an email saying that my registration is successful with details such as the username used during the registration. (find attached image below).
Few days later, I noticed the registration URL had changed and that the whole registration form has been revamped.

This was where the questions started arising.

I noticed that if you register, no confirmation email was sent anymore. You are presented only with a successful page and that is that. Nevertheless, if you try and register again from this point onwards, you receive a notification that you had already registered.

Some few days after the changes were made to the Npower website, a client came with a friend that wants to register for the programme. He himself (the client) said he had already registered elsewhere. I asked him when? And he told me sometimes during the first few days.

Out of curiosity I decided to ascertain if he had truly registered and tried to apply for him and Voila! His registration was successful AGAIN despite the fact that he had registered before!

My Question is this:

Has the old database and hence the details of EVERYONE that registered in the first few days been destroyed or lost? Because if it were not so, he should have received a response that he had already registered.

Here is why:

I am a web developer/designer. I know how websites work. Anybody that registered on that website will have their details stored in a database and should you try to register again with the SAME INFORMATION, you SHOULD be told that you had already registered (which works fine if you applied recently but if you had applied within the first few days, and you applied again now, no such notification was given).

Today 6th July, 2016 I helped someone else to register and lo and behold, a confirmation email was sent with a UNIQUE APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER (Find attached screenshot)

The question that comes to mind is what happens to those who thought they had registered but MAYBE they haven’t registered at all? What happens to those that doesn’t receive the UNIQUE APPLICATION REFERENCE NUMBER?

I just hope that some people will not think they had registered for the programme and in the true sense they had not registered. Well, these are my thoughts and they are kind of unsettling especially for the applicants.

My candid advice? I will implore applicants to try and re-register to verify that they are properly registered to avoid stories that touch.

Summary: Try and re-register with the SAME INFROMATION/DETAILS used before. If you are properly registered, you will receive a notification saying you are already registered. If not then you use that opportunity to register properly.

Remain Blessed

Source Here

Note: screenshots of images are at source.
I have been trying to register since the site was remodified but it keeps telling me that am already registered with the Npower portal, when I have not registered. And this has been occurring since my first attempt to register. I have tried all the browsers from opera to chrome to Firefox to ucweb (both phone and pc) yet same response... please if anyone has a way to resolve this He should help me.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ComputerOperato: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
murphyrichy:
@op, I also applied for someone but after uploading his supporting documents it brings out the image below, pls any solution?
If I were you, I will just ignore it. I observed that there is a problem with that uploads page.
The most important details is that the registration form is filled.
I believe you still have to submit hard copies of the credentials later at the screening stage.
Goodluck.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ComputerOperato: 2:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nafizzey:
I have been trying to register since the site was remodified but it keeps telling me that am already registered with the Npower portal, when I have not registered. And this has been occurring since my first attempt to register. I have tried all the browsers from opera to chrome to Firefox to ucweb (both phone and pc) yet same response... please if anyone has a way to resolve this He should help me.

Just leave it. You are already registered
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Nafizzey(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
ComputerOperato:

Just leave it. You are already registered
Thanks but I have not got any acknowledgement confirmation my application and no reference number to see the state of my application

1 Like

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by murphyrichy(m): 6:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
ComputerOperato:

If I were you, I will just ignore it. I observed that there is a problem with that uploads page.
The most important details is that the registration form is filled.
I believe you still have to submit hard copies of the credentials later at the screening stage.
Goodluck.
okay thanks dude.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Abaski9: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Op u are right, just did mine again it was successful.
But was among d first set who register when d site was declared open
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by tayooluwole: 11:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Till 2day, I never see my own acknowledgement mail, after registering like for over 2 weeks ago
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ComputerOperato: 12:24am On Jul 08, 2016
Nafizzey:
Thanks but I have not got any acknowledgement confirmation my application and no reference number to see the state of my application

It wasn't sent to everyone. Just relax.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by comffy(f): 2:55am On Jul 08, 2016
Pls, I was unable to select programme, gender, nationality, LGA of residence. But was able to upload all my cert. N was successful. They sed dey wud send acknowledgement mail to me in which av been waiting for dere mail over 2 weeks ago. Pls wat should I do?
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by ndcide(m): 6:39am On Jul 08, 2016
But it's inconclusive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by kushma(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2016
Nonsense n power have not seen anything useful with it actually.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by NifemiOlu(m): 6:41am On Jul 08, 2016
Nothing
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Klare(f): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2016
sad
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Klare(f): 6:42am On Jul 08, 2016
sad angry
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Flexherbal(m): 6:43am On Jul 08, 2016
Nigeria Government always abandons projects.
Re: What Is Going On With The Federal Government NPOWER Programme? by Bsc(m): 6:46am On Jul 08, 2016
Is well oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help Me To Identify And Arrest This Scammer / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) / As A Graduate, Can You Work In Restaurant That Pays 80k And Above?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.