Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway (591 Views)

Python Swallows Sallah Meat In Badagry And Was Caught 'Red Handed' (Photos) / Communication Mast Falls In Jalingo, Kills 7 People After Heavy Storm (Photo) / BREAKING: Fallen Container Kills Three Commuters In Lagos [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway by iamjayboss(m): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2016
At least seven people were tragically killed and 12 others injured yesterday after a 40-foot container fell off a truck in the Alakija area of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway.

According to PUNCH, the accident happened yesterday morning when the truck carrying the container moved from its lane to another lane and rammed into a commercial bus after its brakes failed. The container on the truck reportedly fell in the process, killing seven people and injuring 12 others.

Reports say that some commercial motorcycle riders at the bus stop were also trapped under the fallen container. Policemen from the FESTAC Police Division, officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority and the Lagos State Fire Service were said to have all reported to the scene to look into the matter. However, this accident is said to have caused confusion in the area for several hours

A witness identified as Biodun Solaja commented on the accident, stating that the road in that area was in bad condition coupled with the fact that motorcycle riders and bus drivers were always blocking that part of the road in search of passengers while a policeman blamed the accident on the slow pace of construction work at the bus stop.

Furthermore, an emergency official revealed that the casualties would have been more if not for the interruption of power supply in the area. The electricity company were alerted to cut supply to the area to prevent electrocution, as some poles were affected in the accident.

The General Manager, LASEMA, Mr. Michael Akindele advised that truck drivers should always conduct proper checks on their vehicles and drive within the approved speed limit. In addition, he urged motorcyclists to comply with the traffic laws of the state to forestall a recurrence of such.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, confirmed five deaths, saying the identities of the deceased are still unknown.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/07/eid-tragedy-container-kills-7-people.html

lalasticlala

Re: Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway by iamjayboss(m): 6:41am On Jul 07, 2016
RIP to the dead
Re: Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Ronpet777(m): 6:49am On Jul 07, 2016
Hmmm!God,go before me as I step out of my door each day.Lead d way n let me follow I pray.
Re: Container Kills 7 People, Leaves 12 Others Injured On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Depreacherman(m): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2016
I felt so bad when I got to the scene but i still blame the so called construction company handling that road. Over a year now they have been working at that alakija, demolishing here and there and till now they have got nothing done. They are just setting trap for people. R.I.P to the dead

(1) (Reply)

Stop Spreading Fake News pls..Real Story behind the death of Joel nd Precious / Unbelievable! This Man Has Been Sleeping Inside Graves For The Past 30 Years / Massive Recruitment At Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.