Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

The Truth About Atheists - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Atheists (4335 Views)

Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists / 7 Misconceptions About Atheists / ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Atheists by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Right, which means as long as you pray before dying, regardless of what you did in the past you are good. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Until they sin again. Then pray again. Then sin again. Then pray again.
This is why Protestanism is awful, pernicious and toxic!

Protestants: the most deranged Christians of all. The denizens of madhouses who subscribe to the horrible doctrine of "justification by faith", and joined Martin Luther in the mental asylum to declare in unison that "Reason is the Devil's wh0re"
Re: The Truth About Atheists by EyeHateGod: 6:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
There's Google, national Geo, discovery. Cure your ignorance!
Stop lying For Jesus...
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Omudia11: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Get lost! Dummy!
EyeHateGod:

Stop lying For Jesus...
Re: The Truth About Atheists by jonbellion(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Get lost! Dummy!
there is also archeological evidence for the Greek Gods and places of worship
I'm sure they're real too smiley

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Atheists by EyeHateGod: 6:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Get lost! Dummy!
By their fruit you shall know them...
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Omudia11: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Who said they aren't real? Before picking on anything at least try to find out first so you don't seem ignorant.
jonbellion:
there is also archeological evidence for the Greek Gods and places of worship
I'm sure they're real too smiley
Re: The Truth About Atheists by jonbellion(m): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Who said they aren't real? Before picking on anything at least try to find out first so you don't seem ignorant.
I was just trying to point out that because there are some ancient buildings dedicated to people or kings and whatnot that doesn't exactly verify the entire story. Though for the Greeks it is extremely likely that Zeus was a man turned into a God... They did that for alexander the Great. That does mean he really gave his father kronos a magical sand shaped baby to eat that caused him to vomit the remainder of his siblings that made up the Olympian Gods
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Re: The Truth About Atheists by Omudia11: 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
Well that's definitely for the archeologists to decide. They have several equipments used in determining the authenticity of things that you and I are totally oblivious of.

It's like saying HIV doesn't exist when doctors with all the knowledge say it does.
jonbellion:
I was just trying to point out that because there are some ancient buildings dedicated to people or kings and whatnot that doesn't exactly verify the entire story
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Re: The Truth About Atheists by seggzz(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
BeastAmbition:

How is atheism a religious group?
I can define religion as group with the following in common
(1)dogmatic beliefs:
(a) No god vs there is good(...They make the same claim as those of Christians, Muslims and the rest but just in opposite.
(b) No life after death vs there is life after death... they also make opposite claims of other religions.
No proof or evidence to show for the above.. .i called atheism "double negative religion"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackheart Brotherhood Kingdom / Mzbel: 'I Don't Believe In Jesus Christ Anymore' / Medical Science As The Provision Of God For Healing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.