Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (36347 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by wildQuincy(f): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
I dunno what to even comment! But all I know is that I'm right ontop of ZUBB77 and its a pleasure grin

I read your story 'there and back on time'..its a masterpiece! I enjoyed every bit of it! Thanks a lot!

I have something for you ZUBBY. Pls do PM me? cool
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by ZUBY77(m): 6:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ok
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Chinatownm(m): 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:
hmmm, this one is a tough one cause me cant marry an atheist. I'm even wondering how she could ve been blind to knowing you an atheist. You should ve told her truth earlier in the rship..
I think you should try and make her understand and if she doesnt you can call it quits... its always good to be with someone who you share same belief with or can accept it

Ps There is God.
VampireeM:
[i]hmmm, this one is a tough one cause me cant marry an atheist. I'm even wondering how she could ve been blind to knowing you an atheist. You should ve told her truth earlier in the rship..
I think you should try and make her understand and if she doesnt you can call it quits... its always good to be with someone who you share same belief with or can accept it

Ps There is God.
[/i]
VampireeM:
hmmm, this one is a tough one cause me cant marry an atheist. I'm even wondering how she could ve been blind to knowing you an atheist. You should ve told her truth earlier in the rship..

Ps There is God.

Now that we share the same belief, will you marry me please.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Elomus: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
mtchew...Just ordinary Gf smh

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by allanphash7(m): 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
Tell your girlfriend to get out but before you do so ask her one question which is.........

What is that thing that is above love ?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by lumeneng22: 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2016
Atheist is no different from juju, igbe, aiyelala, etc etc.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by nintal(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
It was unconditional, now is conditional. If u can be man, then let it go b4 it let u.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Eddodoh(m): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.
Nice one!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by shamecurls(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

Be strong and let her move-on. If she trully loves you unconditionally as stated, She should respect your beliefs. And if you re a real in-depth atheist, There a million ways to make her reason and even fall into your own world. Dont alter your beliefs for love sake. #DoNot

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Vendoor(f): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
You need to act fast....

She probably must have inform her pastor about it and you know what that mean.

Most Nigeria ladies are too immature for sure heavy statements.

Just tell her you were joking; that you wanted to see the extent of her love for you, that's if you still intend to keep the relationship.

Where is seun sef ?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by RicardoRich(m): 6:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

But why can't you date an atheist?
Why do you think dating theist is a better choice?
Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers?
What is your God doing to help the homeless and hungry children on the streets?
God has always been where he is. I suggest u watch this movie "God's not dead".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by rollywise(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bro if you truly love her then you will go distance for her. Y not make your research about this GOD, who he is, y he let's some things happen (like d toddler case you mentioned), and y ppl still believe in him despite all these. You might just find some answers and be at peace with everyone and your self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by anonimi: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

You are NOT an atheist.
You are not anything, in fact, if you live your life simply to satisfy others.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xcmcijgjsmiapwfcbpw68i109xv5ntnc1351429[/img]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by calliope(f): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
No matter how much of a freak youre ... there are always someone out there for you.. who knws they might be a chic who dont wanna date a churchy guy, and GBAM!!! perfect match smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Eddodoh(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chinatownm:
[i][/i]

This is how it start & few years later, u hear, "we met on the social media".

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by BizBloke(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

It's very simple. Really!

Stay with her and convert; you won't do that. The other option is let her go - for your good and hers - and go date an atheist lady.

I don't know if it's hard to find atheist ladies in Nigeria but I think it's not; mind you, some are deists and agnostics.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Eddodoh(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chinatownm:
[i][/i]

This is how it start & few years later, u hear, "we met on the social media". I pray that same God will make u succeed.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I salute you for your courage and boldness to open up as most guys will hid such information till after wedding . But would you blame her? probably she has been boasting only to receive the shock of her life. You self change your beliefs
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by kingofthejungle(m): 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
I lost friends cause am now an atheist and I don't care

4 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by 01mcfadden(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Lolz. My brother, I got you here. This is kinda weird and expected because I know the importance Nigerians attach to religion even though it has no positive reflection in their ways. Even worse is her parents, which Nigerian parents would wana have an atheist for an inlaw? It's hard! On a more serious note, I'm not a pessimist but permit me to confess, I saw it coming. We'll talk it out personaly later.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by dhesire(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.

Kudos to you, you responded well!
There is a purpose for everything that happens, somebody dieing does not take away the Existence of God, it's fir a purpose.
Homeless and the needy are for a purpose, for we oppurtuned to have enough to show charity.
Even having enemies at times is for a purpose, abi in whose presence would God anoint my head with oil and cup running over?

10 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freecocoa(f): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
It's either you go back to being a christian or you let her go, there's no need running around the issue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by haftob(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

I think the problem with u being an atheist is d way the Christian doctrine proclaim God, by telling u God does good only and bad is from Satan etc. As a Muslim, all good and bad is from God and he tells us in the Quran that he will bri g forth trials to us especially to the ppl he loves most and that we shud just be patient and accept anything that comes our way as destiny. He also said he intentionally made some ppl rich and some poor and either is both a test of faith to anyone.

I bliv wen u change ur mindset about how God is perceived, u'll then know God truly exists.

Meanwhile, I'm nt trying to preach to u, I'm only telling I d realities of life and how God is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
anonimi:

You are NOT an atheist.
You are not anything, in fact, if you live your life simply to satisfy others.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xcmcijgjsmiapwfcbpw68i109xv5ntnc1351429[/img]

Perhaps atheist isn't the best world to use, but I don't believe in that God Christians and Muslims worship.

You would have to walk a mile in my shoe to understand why I said I live in denial to satisfy and make my loved ones happy. You will definitely need to bro.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by 99foxxy(f): 6:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
You have failed her, so if you die today, where do you think your soul is gonna go? my advice is you should date and marry your type. Team God is real.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by glossy6(f): 6:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I'd be here when you open a thread doubting ur faith and religion. The earlier u understand religion can't live this age the better u will be.
Good luck too

Then leave the girl alone and move on with your believe. She believes in God.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Zwchicka(f): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
Why would anyone want to deceive innocent people and pretend to have same beliefs when they don't. That is extremely deceitful.

Be who you are and if she can't except you for who you are let her go and find someone who shares similar beliefs as you.

I personally have nothing against atheist but I could never date one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

. some of us have lost our entire family to difficult tragedy, struggle to earn living. some us are not even married even at 60 years (both male and female). some of us don't have feelings to show love towards the opposite sex e. t c yet we still believe in God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by claremont(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
I feel your pain @OP, there are a lot of hypocrites in Nigeria. If your girlfriend leaves you on the basis that you do not share the same belief with her, maybe she wasn't meant for you anyway. Take your time to develop yourself and your career, a successful man has no problems getting women.

I'm an Atheist as well, and a militant one at that. I'm happy that I live in a society where females do not judge you by your religious beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freeage7(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Don't worry bro, just let her go and look for atheist bae like you shikina! Abi women no dey be atheist?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by micklplus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

It's like u don't get me bro. I don't need any god. Show me the god and I'd still damn him and his f*cking hell. I just wanna be free.

I don't debate about one who calls himself almighty and can't even say "Hi"

You will be alright.

My wife is religious and I don't do any religion. She goes to church and I don't.

There's no need to deceive any body. Just be you.
I am surrounded by very religious people yet, I don't bulge. I don't even care. My belief is my belief.

They all know my stand and I am a very happy person. I have been with my wife for 8 years.

Be good and be your self. Cheers

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Leke Adeboye Surprises His Wife, Titi With Valentine's Gift (Video) / Daddy Freeze: Why My Online Church "Free Nation In Christ Online" Is Different / Lockdown: Dunamis Shares Food Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.